Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267758 times)

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: May 27, 2016, 03:39:07 am »

Let's go with option a. pretty sure i just wanted to do things!
I don't think you yourself believe in what you are spouting there dear. Back to the drawing board and try again.

But let us not be hasty. Take your wordsalad, straighten it up and see if we get anything useful.

It's a doing stuff thing. There's no reason to accuse Seprix of things he didn't do, because he knows he didn't do them.
Reality check for a moment, what did i say to him, again? (will cut some parts of the quote to shorten it down.)

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch. I'm okay with his lynch as well, but I am satisfied enough to also let him live.

Wait you went out of your conversation with melisandre saying you would prefer not to lynch him today, right?

But why did liopoils analysis of gkriegs summary of your posts on melis play change your mind?

Like you give someone a day pass for reasons and a soon someone else wants to lynch said person you go back and say - "yes, we can!".
So I accused him of something he did do. He changed his mind. And I wanted to know why, because for me nothing that melisandre himself did between both moments should have changed his mind.
The people talking about their interactions didn't bring anything strong up either. at least not that i could see/remember.

It allows him to react more genuinely than he would if he were mafia because he knows he's in the right regardless of his alignment. So, why bother attacking a bunch of things that didn't happen when you could just explain your problem with his fencesit and get him to explain. Or talk about the fuckton of reads he has commited too. Or, or, realize that people are allowed to have null reads, there are other scummy things in the game to pursue, and it'd be pretty weird for someone to have no null reads now anyway.
And then you go on and talk some crap that sadly does not make a lot of sense anymore. Because i attacked something that happened and you are just not able to read. sad life.

Like I don't disagree that attacking someone when you already know the answer is pointless. But he said :
I forgot to unvote. Melis is playing well enough to keep alive for a day at least.
Just to then agree with someone else that wants to lynch melisandre.
There is an obvious change in his read without anything happening in thread that would be indicative to change said read. So yes i will question him for that.

Do you disagree that someone possibly slipping up and having two different reads on the same person is more of a scumtell than a towntell?
Do you disagree with following up on those to get some sort of reaction is the right thing to do? (you know, he might panic for slipping, or react calm, or have a good reason, only one way to find out)
You can argue about my wording and that i was having fun instead of shorten my question to 1 sentence, but arguing about my question is questionable in itself.

Maybe i am not getting what you are getting at .. but i might copy the copycat for once :

So, Fontisian, from your perspective there's:

Mafia reasoning: Because it looks towny to do things, so you feel the need to force more content.

Town reasoning: something something reaction test or a misinterpretation of the original Jan post.

You may now confess your sins.

Look how easy this is!
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 27, 2016, 03:43:32 am »

I like this fontisian guy. I'd like him even more if he had some personal text or signature so I could Ctrl+F for his posts (same for Jan). Pretty please ?

Do you disagree that someone possibly slipping up and having two different reads on the same person is more of a scumtell than a towntell?
Do you disagree with following up on those to get some sort of reaction is the right thing to do? (you know, he might panic for slipping, or react calm, or have a good reason, only one way to find out)

I certainly disagree with that first part. Scum is generally moreconherent and consistent in their reads than town : town isn't afraid of changing their minds because they know they're being sincere, whereas scum is perpetually afraid of it knowing unnatural because their reads are fabricated in nature.

I don't disagree about the second part though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 27, 2016, 03:48:16 am »

I'm liking this whole Seprix/melisandre thing; finding both of them townie.

See, this is what a scum read looks like. JR is concerned that the first thing he said wasn't clear enough, so he completes it to be extra clear and to make sure that everyone sees how much he's contributing to the game by stating clear reads. Town rarely thinkgs like that : town assumes you got it until you don't.

Stray thoughts :

Awaclus slightly scummy (hasn't pissed anyone off yet, feels reserved).
RR slightly townie (as much as it's possible for me to read him).
liopoil townie.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2016, 03:52:18 am »

Awaclus slightly scummy (hasn't pissed anyone off yet, feels reserved).

Which is not a scum trait for me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 27, 2016, 03:53:44 am »

Debatable at the very least. I'll say that the more I forgetabout you, the more likely yo are to be scum, generally.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 27, 2016, 04:06:39 am »

I can agree to the JR thing. His quote reads like "this are two towns fighting".

The point i wanted to make before was that scum like to be opportunistic. If he believes that melisandre is useful because he believes him to be a strong enough player, then he should not turn around agreeing to a possible lynch, unless something new develops.

changing your mind is a thing, everyone does it, but you have to question the motive/mindset. And his change there looked opportunistic at the time.
His reaction was pretty calm and collected and felt ok.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2016, 05:22:02 am »

Though haven't heard from Awa in a while?

What do you mean? You heard from me today.

Don't worry, he is just overly suspicious of you. Trying to create a case and all
Not this again, e.  Seriously.

Awa hadn't posted between my two posts, which given the amount of other activity felt like a long time.  I didn't mean anything by it.

Anyhoo.  SS is being really super-duper helpful.  And I'm not sure what to make of it.  He will usually offer good helpful commentary and useful stuff piecewise, but this feels slightly too much, maybe?  Like it's slightly forced?
Also, obligatory "silver-hasn't-tunneled-anyone-yet-must-be-scum".

Does gkrieg usually do stream-of-consciousness rereads?  I probably give mild town points there either way, such things can be hard to emulate.  (OK, so prepost, apparently the answer is that he does do that.)

In general I think RRR is one of the easiest players to recognize as town. So if we mislynch him we're dumb, as Teproc said.

However, I do on fact lean town on RRR right now, though not very high confidence yet. Reads post incoming somewhat soon with explanations...

I think RR has become one of the hardest people for me to read now because he has stopped doing a lot of the newbie things that he started out doing.
This.  So much of this.  I swear I used to have such a good handle on him, and now I'm super paranoid.  Still think he seems towny so far this game though.

Hydrad seems much less active than usual. Like he's usually acti-lurking but this is just lurking. It's unusual so potentially a scumtell?

vote: Hydrad
WEEEAAAK.   I don't think this is unusual for Hydrad whatsoever.  Also, anyone with mildly lurky metas is gonna look super extra lurky D1 and D2 this game because of player numbers.

Babe, why are you yelling about a waffle? Waffles are delicious.

waffles are delicious indeed. but are they a towns food of choice?

Yes. The more I play the more I think hedging and waffling comes from town.
This does not mesh at all with what I know about your reads in previous games.  You have called me scummy for my D1 hedging in, like, every game we've ever been in together.  At least, someone has, and I think it has often been you...

Debatable at the very least. I'll say that the more I forgetabout you, the more likely yo are to be scum, generally.
This is an interesting hypothesis, and probably has merit.  Awa's scum-meta-defense is weak because it doesn't take into account (for contrast) how much of a royal pain in the derriere he can be as town.

Seprix perhaps looking less scummy than he did.

Still think a vote: J Reggie looks warranted.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2016, 05:23:59 am »

Babe, why are you yelling about a waffle? Waffles are delicious.

waffles are delicious indeed. but are they a towns food of choice?

Yes. The more I play the more I think hedging and waffling comes from town.
This does not mesh at all with what I know about your reads in previous games.  You have called me scummy for my D1 hedging in, like, every game we've ever been in together.  At least, someone has, and I think it has often been you...
Although actually now I think about it the main one I'm remembering is the game that just finished, and you were scum.  So, yeah, OK.  (#NotBitter - Still amazed I weaseled out of the lynch that game)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2016, 06:03:52 am »

gkrieg doing streams of consciousness rereads definitely does not warrant town points, he did that as scum in the last game I played in, whatever it was called. I think he does it as town too though.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:56 am »

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy
Yes, but was the thought-process behind "ADK looked scummy" - pick out the posts you personally thought looked scum-indicative.

I'm currently feeling pretty town on melisandre, but I'm wary of that because we might just be used to different metas.
What does this part mean?

That's not going to happen until I have better reads to be expressive about.
Ok, that is fair.

@Haddock - when you have time add the supporting reasons to your early reads:
"RR and Awaclus are being their usual town selves"
"J Reggie looks bad in places, and I think is worthy of a vote"

Not a fan of the ADK wagon. I always think Seprix is scummy.
Reasons please.

Also, scumread on Melis for changing his avatar already.

Overall I don't get why people are voting for Seprix.  I think he is honestly looking for scum.  He is rereading when appropriate, trying to make valid cases on people, and his responses have obviously been genuine.
I agree Seprix has been keeping things moving [i.e the pro-active vibe, not waiting-for-things-to-happen]

Overall he seems genuine.  I feel like scum!ADK is usually easy to spot later on in the game.  I think he is trying to move the gane along so he comes out on the townie side of null.  I definitely understand the votes on him though.
I came to a similar conclusion after re-reading his posts [most of his posts kept pinging 'this-does-not-make-sense'; but I then concluded this is ADK just speaking his mind. However, there is a part-appeasement/back-down edge to his posts that keep him a slight worry.]

What is wrong with that?
This remark stood out for me. [Is gkrieg13 telling off silverspawn for not seeing it the way he see's it...?  ???]

What do you mean? You heard from me today.
When are you going to start playing?

"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2016, 08:45:10 am »

I thought his reaction to claim scum "hi everyone" after not doing so from the get go was slightly ballsy play. I got into the game thinking he is a new player, if that is the case then i think it is towny.
I was null on that. Just as easily playful-scum as playful town.

oh and while at it :
#218 - liopoil says we should not misslynch roadrunner today, do you mind explaining your townread at that point on him?
This is a good spot. [Note: need to re-read post for context]

uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment..
If I felt like this I would be poking everyone. I do not see that from you.

One thing I will say though is I'm really liking you as a player here though. I'm leaning town on you right now.
Based on gut/anything I've posted?

i need some sort of reason for the liopoil thing, because that guy is not towny in my book.

i will do one better :

Vote: liopoil
Jan goes straight for the jugular. I think I like this.

As far I can see, you don't say why you think I am scum anywhere?
I think it goes like... "why did you say a RR lynch is a miss-lynch: do you know he is town?".

@liopoil, please talk me through these 3 posts:
Also, vote: J Reggie
Vote: Teproc
[Why the vote?]

His ADK vote wasn't great but it's not like he would get towncred for sheeping Seprix. That's null for me.
[What is your read of Seprix?]

Teproc did just claim scum, but only in an RVS way, so I suppose I should Unvote.
[What scum-claim, and why the quick unvote?]

"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2016, 09:15:02 am »

Town leans:

RRR (already explained)
J Reggie (towny reaction to early attention)
Jan (Generally sensible posts, and matches championship game)
ADK (Unfazed by votes that weren't great imo. self-righteous)
Awaclus (Classic Awaclus)

Scum leans:

Seprix (Already explained)
fortisian (Not actually saying much)
Melisandre (Weird reaction to being pressured, I found. This is joga, right?)
Mixed feelings on this reads-list...
-it's meta-heavy so hard to counter
-you have me as a scum lean  ;D
- did you fill in the reasons after you posted their name? (i.e "not actually saying much" could be applied to half the player-list)
-I only like your ADK read/reason.
[They are only leans so I do accept they won't have more tangible reasons atm though.]

As painful as it was to read gkriegs posts, the stream of consciousness style was reasonable towny.
It was a stream of narrative (null). But I did appreciate his final conclusions (more meat to the info he presented).

Ok, this is Jan's best post so far (Post #455) - he's knuckling down to the nature of liopoil's reads.

I've landed as town on Melisandre
Come here!

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch.
Bad post Seprix.
Show me where he "clearly" wanted me lynched.
"Napoleon of crime".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 27, 2016, 09:15:33 am »

I'll take the liopoil thing with me (since he already answered it) : he had declared that the next person to vote for JR would be scum : when I did he voted for me and that's what he's referring to.

FWIW, we're fine with multiposting here, if the multiquoting capabilities of this forum (which are... pretty bad) are annoying you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2016, 09:36:55 am »

let the reread begin

First conclusion: faust does incorrect grammar in his flavor. In english, you do the comma before the closing parentheses during speech.

Good news guys, I'm actually town here. Please don't hurt my mislynch record.
Thanks.

PPE:  :(

This is actually towny because of how much IG cares about not getting mislynched.

IG looks pretty nervous already for RVS...

he does. But that does not make him scummy.

Vote: Seprix

Actual vote by the way.
I like it. Townpoints for Awaclus.

Who is the most likely person to die d1 regardless of their alignment?

Asking for a friend.

What friend?

There is only one true reads list, and then Melisandre makes it. Seprix takes three tries to vote her for it. The lord does not shine his light on him.

Town points for Melisandre, more scum points for Seprix.

Tryhard scum is tryhard.

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?

Sure, why not? WIFOM

Bad reason because it can always apply.

Then ADK jumps onto Seprix, but not for a good reason. Interesting.

@silverspawn it's just a bad feeling I get when I see people pushing back against people who make real votes and reads early. Scum wants to try and shut down and discourage actual discussion. Also "you can't have a real read yet! vote so-and-so" is an easy way for scum to look like they're contributing without taking a particularly risky position.

good enough for me to vote: Teproc instead

I don't like this. I'm finding ss and ADK scummy. vote: ss

weird reason. not sure if scummy.

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?

The point was not so much to defend you as to question Seprix authenticity.

{post}
I wish I could vote for you twice.
this is a towny reaction

@silverspawn it's just a bad feeling I get when I see people pushing back against people who make real votes and reads early. Scum wants to try and shut down and discourage actual discussion. Also "you can't have a real read yet! vote so-and-so" is an easy way for scum to look like they're contributing without taking a particularly risky position.

good enough for me to vote: Teproc instead

I don't like this. I'm finding ss and ADK scummy. vote: ss

Elaborate?

Sure. So rvs definitely has its purpose. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. And yes, there comes a point where you're definitely out of rvs, but that's not always obvious and sometimes it really is too early to have reads. The case on Teproc also seems forced and, dare I say, opportunistic.
bad, because it doesn't really explain the vote on me.

I'm liking this whole Seprix/melisandre thing; finding both of them townie.

JReggie is really not looking good. Starting to feel like this is inexperienced!scum!JReggie caught early

[Non-game related, will the site stop the-enter-the-letters-into-the-box-verfication-thing before every post?]  :'(

I really like this enhanced usage of formatting. I'll probably start to use that more.

So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.

vote: JReggie

And I'm floating around because 14 13 of us are still in RVS.
STOP SAYING THAT OR I'LL START TO SMASH THINGS

townread on tone. Even though I disagree with the conclusions.

Seprix, I'm agreeing with your case on ADK. It's basically what I was thinking but couldn't put into words. vote: ADK.
how convenient.

Vote count?
Hmm which position on the wagon would I be? Better ask.

Scummy.

Umm, are there any scum!Seprix games I can look at? Because, well, usually acting different than normal is a red flag. And his posts came off a little like he was artificially picking a fight. Scummy.

What's with the ADK votes?
You shall also be town. It is known.
It is known.

Teproc/Melisandre back and forth. Looks fine.

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy, then realized I didn't know why I thought that, then Seprix made a case and I agreed with it. And I definitely don't have a hard scum-read on anyone, so I'm going with what I've got and seeing how people react, which is how I play the game.

The opinion poll was partially because I was having trouble forming an opinion on the two others, partially because I thought people weren't talking about them enough for how much they had continued, and also because I'm always surprised by how people read my posts. Apparently people are finding me scummy this game. That's interesting; I guess it's fine. I'm still getting used to all these new people.

I'm currently feeling pretty town on melisandre, but I'm wary of that because we might just be used to different metas.

Also, if anyone has a preference for what pronouns you would like to be referred to by, let me know. I go by he/him/his. I feel like this is a thing we should do when we /in, but that probably won't catch on.

I'll take some of those scum points back.

Seprix is meh.  I come out null-scummy on him, but it's just gut, and my gut can't be reliable at all, I just don't have a feel for Seprix at this point.

J Reggie looks bad in places, and I think is worthy of a vote. Will check vote count before I do so, seems like lots of votes on him lately.

Interesting how different players come to similar conclusions about those guys. A rare phenomenon. I wonder what it means?

Sher locks like a good lynch to me.
Who is sher? Seprix?
It might be a purposeful misspelling of 'sure'?
It's a pun on the flavor of this game.
Oh, yeah...  :-[
I kind of forgot what flavor the game was.
I guess this is a town-slip, maybe not.

It is not remotely a town slip. Flavor is not relevant in this game, so everyone can read it as he likes, regardless of alignment.

Not a huge fan of gkrieg's reads because they include a lot of summarizing and not a lot of interpreting. Easy to fabricate.

really? the game started going kinda strong

Yeah, unusually so. That's nice.

Vote: Awaclus for now though.

Expand on this please.
I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.

Ok sorry. uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment. Awaclus is a nice default for me as his town/scum feel so similar to me and I feel like as town hes less helpful as town (in my opinion) but when hes scum hes also not very helpful but he doesn't need to be as scum. So bascially its just a spot to place my vote for now.

One thing I will say though is I'm really liking you as a player here though. I'm leaning town on you right now.

This post is not only the most Hydrad-post ever, it's also kinda scummy. There's been a lot of stuff happening. Not too hard to have reads.

RRR

Please don't do that. It looks abhorrent. you pronounce him RoadRunner, not RoadRunneRRRRRRRR.

Thanks for this post. If t stands for towny, n stands for null, s stands for scum, then I find each of the lines to be respectively: nnstnnnstsnntssss.

Interesting that you went through the trouble of actually evaluating them. Have further town points.

As painful as it was to read gkriegs posts, the stream of consciousness style was reasonable towny.

I don't think that's really stream of consciousness, even if gkrieg said it himself. It's just a post-by-post summary. Stream of consciousness looks like this:

The lady on the hill creates a glorious departure from her everyday, her everyday life.
Constant swelling of the ankles...
A pleasant cry for help...
She began to unfold her story.

So clearly, it seems Liopoil wants a Melis lynch. I'm okay with his lynch as well, but I am satisfied enough to also let him live.
I just want to lynch someone who isn't me!

Let's do the test!

Hey friends of the meta-verse!

Does gkrieg post in this style regardless of alignment, is it a town thing or just a new thing that you rarely see done by him regardless of alignment?

asking for a friend.
Is this a joke?

I think you are all missing the true meaning of the waffle metaphor. The waffle is fortisian's buddying, if I'm not mistaken.

That makes sense.

Town Reads:
liopoil
fortsian
Awaclus

Scum Reads:
Seprix
JReggie
Jan
Hydrad

with descending confidence. Jan is added because he feels weird this game and he totally did not feel weird in the championship game.

Seprix is slightly worse than JReggie, so back to vote: Seprix

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2016, 09:50:48 am »

@Seprix Yeah, all three things you quoted were meant to be cryptic. Not sure why you quoted the first, scummy thing to do really. The Teproc thing was because I said way early that the next person to vote for J Reggie would be scum, and that was Teproc. I would have had a legitamite scumread on anyone who voted J Reggie shortly after, but enough time passed that for Teproc it's null. The nts thing wasn't intended to be convenient for a reader; it was mostly just for myself, but okay.

@Jan the fortisian thing is mostly that she is agreeing with me on literally everything, and that continued even further now. Why? I'm not that persuasive.

I read silver's championship game so I have a bit of meta on you and meli. Meli's way of defending himself is far different from there. But I don't rely on meta that much, mostly just a check on what I'd otherwise think. My scumread on Seprix would be much stronger if it weren't Seprix, for example.

Why should the fact that I disagree with you affect my read on your alignment?

I did not feel pressured to add more scumreads, in fact, I added in Awaclus afterwards because the ratio was a bit weird. Awaclus is the weakest read. Apart from that, the townreads are stronger than the scumreads, naturally.
Bad feels from this post -
You've stated reasons to scum-read Sperix, but are as yet unwilling to pursue/vote there (meta-reasons? I don't believe the sincerity of your reads.)
Your explanation for voting/unvoting Teproc is awkward too.
"fortisian thing is mostly that she is agreeing with me on literally everything"- show me "literally everything"

(Post #459) - Thanks for this A Drowned Kernel.

He has two posts. One was his typical catch-up post. Then the second one was what I called the most Hydrad post ever. It's super scummy, blatantly buddying the guy who is attacking him, and basically doing exactly what he has just been accused of.
The end result is Hydrad's not being town-read by me.

2.71828..... - you're like a passenger so far...  :(
"Napoleon of crime".

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2016, 10:32:31 am »

Vote count?

Scummy.

Okay, this jumped out at me from the SS novel. Why on earth is asking for a vote count scummy?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2016, 10:40:28 am »

Vote count?

Scummy.

Okay, this jumped out at me from the SS novel. Why on earth is asking for a vote count scummy?

You asked that before you wanted to vote for someone, at a moment where we were nowhere near a lynch. The only motivation for that is to check your wagon position before you vote, something which scum is more concerned with than town.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2016, 10:57:42 am »

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy
Yes, but was the thought-process behind "ADK looked scummy" - pick out the posts you personally thought looked scum-indicative.
Basically all of the posts where ADK was going after Seprix and defending your fake reads list. I thought it was scummy to stand by those reads, and also look like ADK was trying to keep us out of rvs when we weren't fully out of it yet.

What does this part mean?
It means that I haven't played or read mafia anywhere but f.ds, and since you've played on a whole bunch of different sites my gut reads of you are probably going to be useless.

Haddock - as far as I can tell, you make a long post and then vote me just because I "look bad". People have been saying I'm scummy. This sort of feels like jumping on a trend without adding anything to it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2016, 11:13:25 am »

Vote Count 1.4

2.71828..... (1): gkrieg13
Melisandre (1): Roadrunner7671
gkrieg13 (1): Ichimaru Gin
Seprix (3): Awaclus, 2.71828....., silverspawn
A Drowned Kernel (2): fontisian, Seprix
Awaclus (1): Hydrad
J Reggie (2): Teproc, Haddock
liopoil (1): Jan
Hydrad (1): A Drowned Kernel
Jan (1): J Reggie

Not Voting (2): Melisandre, liopoil

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:56:42 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2016, 11:42:25 am »

"Napoleon of crime".

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2016, 11:50:46 am »

I thought it was scummy to stand by those reads, and also look like ADK was trying to keep us out of rvs when we weren't fully out of it yet.

This sentence doesn't make sense. Let me rephrase it.

I think ADK was tying to look townie by defending Melisandre's fake reads list and got caught there. I also think that ADK was giving the appearance of keeping us from slipping back into rvs when it wasn't clear if we were out of it yet, at least not to me. Those things are what gave me an initial scum read on ADK.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2016, 12:14:43 pm »

2.71828..... D1 contributions (post RVS)

Humour: (Post #248)

Votes Seprix. No supporting reason posted with vote.

Playful: (Post #422)

Game theory: (Post #479)

Humour: (Post #494)

- no attempt to sort players
- no attempt to push/pressure/poke his scum-reads
- no attempt to challenge/analyse other people's reads

WIFOM demands we DO NOT lynch this guy today  ;D
"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2016, 01:01:20 pm »

gkrieg13 re-read (lot's of town-reads dished out)

gkrieg13's early reads (not much meat on them, but it's early):
I like teproc so far

Also ADK is making the sense. The reads list doesn't seem too contrived to me

Town-meta defends Roadrunner7671 after I made a naked-vote on him (Post #309).

gkrieg13 then interestingly decides to tackle the two leading wagons (an ISO on both Seprix and ADK). Conclusions? Sounds like gkrieg13 is town-reading Seprix and null-town-leaning on ADK. [Many were quick to town-read gkrieg13's efforts here]

(Post #441) - gkrieg13 warns us about how scum can use meta to hide behind.

I also agree that it was weird to put me in a mix of people you could actually already have reads on.
Town-weird or scummy-weird?

Note for later: gkrieg13 chose not to jump onto either of the leading D1 wagons. His early close-focus has been on two of the most talked-about players so far, I want to see that same close-analysis of other slots. His reads look like they are built on a player's tone ("genuine", "honestly", "he is trying") [instead of saying Player X is town for doing x, y and z]. You have to be very confident/comfortable with a slot to use such tonal analysis.

It will also be interesting if gkrieg13 scum-reads a player on tone (i.e 'not genuine', "dishonest', 'he is not trying'). Once I see gkrieg13 in attack mode I may get a better read of him.

"Napoleon of crime".
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 16 queries.