Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266901 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:10 pm »

Vote: seprix for repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS.
Was this vote/reason serious?

His reads didn't look that contrived to me, there was a lot of null on there.
Show me which reads you agreed with my RVS-reads-list.

Yes, and I didn't really register where most of your reads lay, I was just disagreeing that trying to get reads so early was scummy.

@silverspawn it's just a bad feeling I get when I see people pushing back against people who make real votes and reads early. Scum wants to try and shut down and discourage actual discussion. Also "you can't have a real read yet! vote so-and-so" is an easy way for scum to look like they're contributing without taking a particularly risky position.

good enough for me to vote: Teproc instead

I don't like this. I'm finding ss and ADK scummy. vote: ss

Elaborate?

Sure. So rvs definitely has its purpose. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. And yes, there comes a point where you're definitely out of rvs, but that's not always obvious and sometimes it really is too early to have reads. The case on Teproc also seems forced and, dare I say, opportunistic.

I disagree about it being too early to have reads. As soon as people are posting, the game's begun.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:39 pm »

@silverspawn it's just a bad feeling I get when I see people pushing back against people who make real votes and reads early. Scum wants to try and shut down and discourage actual discussion. Also "you can't have a real read yet! vote so-and-so" is an easy way for scum to look like they're contributing without taking a particularly risky position.

good enough for me to vote: Teproc instead

I don't like this. I'm finding ss and ADK scummy. vote: ss

Elaborate?

Sure. So rvs definitely has its purpose. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. And yes, there comes a point where you're definitely out of rvs, but that's not always obvious and sometimes it really is too early to have reads. The case on Teproc also seems forced and, dare I say, opportunistic.

RVS was clearly over at that point, so I don't quite get how it justifies the vote.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »

1. I voted for you when I corrected myself, and you saw it, but are attempting to make me look foolish based off of my first typing mistake.
Not "foolish". There are no fools in mafia. But the fact you voted Jan randomly is maybe something to note for later.

2. What point is there making a reads list in RVS, especially when everybody is null?
Reactions (as is the point of any random vote during RVS). It appears more people had problems me scum-reading Awaclus for no reason, than town-reading Jan for no reason. The readslist was on page 1. Everyone was saying hello/talking about strategy/RVS voting/other game fluff. The "D1 readslist"/"solid scum case" was my RVS entrance into the game.

3. How could a town player have an honest read list on page 1 of RVS? Give me a break. That's as tryhard as scum can get. You are acting far more "LAMIST" than I.
That's my point. Why can't you get 'tone'? When in the history of mafia has someone expressed their full readslist during the RVS. Look at the posts before mine... a light-hearted masturbation circle of RVS/fluff (classic Page 1 play). There was absolutely NOTHING anyone could use to hard town read Jan / hard scum-read Awaclus.

I'm almost inclined to give you a town read, just because this buffoonery wraps around so badly that I do not expect a championship caliber player to play this poorly as scum.
No, I'm not going to let you ditch your "try hard scum" read of me that easy!
"I do not expect a championship caliber player to play this poorly as scum" - sounds like weak WIFOM BS.

What is your interpretation of my tone after my Day 1 Readslist / "solid scum case" post?

Unvote: Awaclus
"Napoleon of crime".

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »

RVS is over?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »

RVS is over?
yes. RVS has been over a long time ago.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »

Yes, and I didn't really register where most of your reads lay, I was just disagreeing that trying to get reads so early was scummy.

Show me which of my "reads didn't look that contrived".
"Napoleon of crime".

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »

RVS is over?

That's the debate of the day. Rvs being "over" is so arbitrary; it's more of a process.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:40 pm »

LAMIST. I like that.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:38 pm »

I think RVS is over. There isn't enough information to make an incredibly educated vote, but there's enough to start in that direction.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »

I'm liking this whole Seprix/melisandre thing; finding both of them townie.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:24 pm »

So Melis/ADK scum team?
Is "ADK" scum Seprix? I thought I was 'too bad to be scum' a second ago...  ???

Present to the class, your "Melis/ADK scum team theory". Go. I'll bring the popcorn.
"Napoleon of crime".

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:33 pm »

I think RVS is over. There isn't enough information to make an incredibly educated vote, but there's enough to start in that direction.

See, what I'm saying is that means we're still kind of in rvs. Rvs isn't just magically over; you have to actively work to move away from it. That's what I'm hoping we do.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:40 pm »

Show me which of my "reads didn't look that contrived".

I mostly liked that you were voting for awaclus.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »

My interactions with Mali are a great place to start.

Not "foolish". There are no fools in mafia. But the fact you voted Jan randomly is maybe something to note for later.

Yes, it very well could be. That would be the perfect way to do some shenanigan voting tricks with PRs, though I also voted Awaclus first, so I don't see how Jan would be affected along with everyone else I would vote for without the game becoming broken as a result. I mean, it is closed set-up, who knows. Doesn't hurt to keep track of that.

Reactions (as is the point of any random vote during RVS). It appears more people had problems me scum-reading Awaclus for no reason, than town-reading Jan for no reason. The readslist was on page 1. Everyone was saying hello/talking about strategy/RVS voting/other game fluff. The "D1 readslist"/"solid scum case" was my RVS entrance into the game.
That's my point. Why can't you get 'tone'? When in the history of mafia has someone expressed their full readslist during the RVS. Look at the posts before mine... a light-hearted masturbation circle of RVS/fluff (classic Page 1 play). There was absolutely NOTHING anyone could use to hard town read Jan / hard scum-read Awaclus.

I apologize then. You know what you're doing.

What is your interpretation of my tone after my Day 1 Readslist / "solid scum case" post?

Define tone and interpretation? We may speak different languages and have the same meaning, or perhaps your Mafia meta is much above mine.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »

[Non-game related, will the site stop the-enter-the-letters-into-the-box-verfication-thing before every post?]  :'(
"Napoleon of crime".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:31 pm »

vote: JReggie
vote: RR
vote: Seprix

RVS is a process. And that process is over. It's over over. It's not even close. We're past the point of arguing.

[Non-game related, will the site stop the-enter-the-letters-into-the-box-verfication-thing before every post?]  :'(

yes, it will soon.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »

So Melis/ADK scum team?
Is "ADK" scum Seprix? I thought I was 'too bad to be scum' a second ago...  ???

Present to the class, your "Melis/ADK scum team theory". Go. I'll bring the popcorn.

I elect not to. :)

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »

Please show me your scum-feelings for "awaclus" based on his posts prior to my RVS vote.

I want to see this correlation of non-"contrived" scum-reads.
"Napoleon of crime".

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2016, 08:26:09 pm »

[I think you have to post somewhere with Dominion. Go make an introductions post or something, I think that would work?]

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2016, 08:27:55 pm »

Meli seems to be one of the tricky GreyICE types who like to butt heads. I don't want to make a stereotype, but that seems to be how everybody plays from mafia sites. :p

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28:47 pm »

Please show me your scum-feelings for "awaclus" based on his posts prior to my RVS vote.

I want to see this correlation of non-"contrived" scum-reads.

I want to vote for awaclus basically all the time, for meta reasons. And I guess I wasn't surprised that he came off as instantly scummy to someone new to the site.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:06 pm »

Yes, it very well could be. That would be the perfect way to do some shenanigan voting tricks with PRs, though I also voted Awaclus first, so I don't see how Jan would be affected along with everyone else I would vote for without the game becoming broken as a result. I mean, it is closed set-up, who knows. Doesn't hurt to keep track of that.
The tin-foil-hat part of me is thinking you were going to vote Jan before me (he was on your mind, did you draft a vote for Jan...? Nevermind) - some reachy-associations BS on my part - but at this stage null on it.

Define tone and interpretation?
Tone in the sense of:
- do you think my tone is sincere (am I throwing out questions for the sake of it to appear like a try-hard townie [I believe that is the crux of your scum-read of me]) or do you think I genuinely trying to sort players?
- do you think I am scum-flailing and reacting badly to your 'pressure'/vote?
- do you think any of my reactions and defence of my opinion is scum/null/town-indicative?

Right now, your paranoia of me ended with 'too-bad-to-be-scum' - which I think is a cheap cop out of a scum-read :/

Drawing up a scum-team fueled some OMGUS in my veins too.
"Napoleon of crime".

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2016, 08:44:46 pm »

The tin-foil-hat part of me is thinking you were going to vote Jan before me (he was on your mind, did you draft a vote for Jan...? Nevermind) - some reachy-associations BS on my part - but at this stage null on it.

I thought he voted Jan because he got the two of you confused because you're both new.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 16 queries.