Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161129 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2012, 08:01:27 pm »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2012, 08:10:01 pm »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

I'm not voting, and I'm not threatening to, but in this game, day 1 we lynched scum with a snapwagon?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

I'm not voting, and I'm not threatening to, but in this game, day 1 we lynched scum with a snapwagon?
Should have said mafia, not scum there obviously. You see why it's different, right?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »

I always use scum and mafia interchangeably and this was the one time it actually mattered. :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »

OKAY GUYS THIS IS TOO FAST. Do not quickhammer him!

why would they quickhammer me? I haven't selfvoted...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2012, 08:26:45 pm »

Should have said mafia, not scum there obviously. You see why it's different, right?

I do, and I also make the same switch... i was just being a prick, which is consistent with my meta.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the case against yuma - which means I would ask that NO hammer be dropped until EVERYONE has offered their thoughts.  This includes people who haven't posted yet since I made the case (I think Axxle and Qvist?) and also people who have posted but I don't think have yet weighed in on the topic (CF).

Don't misconstrue this as my lacking faith in my case.  Rather, I want to make sure everyone is on the record about it.  I don't want scum to be able to avoid committing themselves.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2012, 08:28:58 pm »

I do, and I also make the same switch... i was just being a prick, which is consistent with my meta.
You do like to pick on me though.

@Volt
That is a very very good idea.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the case against yuma - which means I would ask that NO hammer be dropped until EVERYONE has offered their thoughts.  This includes people who haven't posted yet since I made the case (I think Axxle and Qvist?) and also people who have posted but I don't think have yet weighed in on the topic (CF).

Don't misconstrue this as my lacking faith in my case.  Rather, I want to make sure everyone is on the record about it.  I don't want scum to be able to avoid committing themselves.

You do realize that if I was scum, now would be a perfect opportunity for me to selfvote and prevent other players from voicing themselves... I have self voted myself twice as scum before...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »

I'm wrestling with the yuma situation.  When the hammer fell on Galz, I was away from my keyboard, but I was feeling really good about my case on galz.  There were several things that were wrong with his play, and it just didn't seem to fit him.  For sure he wouldn't be that way as a PR, and as scum I expect more.  I started to think that he might be the SK (a frustrating role at times because you know its damn near impossible to win), and lo and behold I was right.

If scum came to the same conclusion, then hammering him makes sense - it gets rid of their #1 threat, and we've seen time and time again someone gets up to L-1, and after the wagon subsides, the pressure never really comes back.

However, it's still an aggressive scum play, something that I would have a tough time doing.

I don't think I want to hammer Yuma this early in the day.  This doesn't mean that I think he's clear.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:58 pm »

You do realize that if I was scum, now would be a perfect opportunity for me to selfvote and prevent other players from voicing themselves... I have self voted myself twice as scum before...

See day 1 regarding self meta arguments.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »

See day 1 regarding self meta arguments.

sure... but when part of this lynch is based on meta arguments...

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »

What part is that, exactly?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:14 pm »

What part is that, exactly?

In looking back I see that your case doesn't deal with meta arguments. I was remembering eevee's (defense isn't the right word) concern regarding my meta.

But I think my point is still valid in that now would have been a perfect opportunity to selfvote, but you would expect me to say that wouldn't you?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 12, 2012, 09:28:48 pm »

But I think my point is still valid in that now would have been a perfect opportunity to selfvote, but you would expect me to say that wouldn't you?

If your point is, "if yuma were scum he'd have self-hammered by now," I disagree.  I would not expect you to self-hammer under these circumstances, regardless of your alignment.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

I don't know how I feel about this situation. At this point, IF yuma is town, scum is scared to hammer because they'll be obvscum tomorrow (or they're all on the wagon).

If yuma is scum though, town players might be scared to hammer for the same reason. Are we learning anything right now, or are we just talking ourselves out of a good lynch?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:49 pm »

What I want to learn are Axxle's and Qvist's reactions.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:58 pm »

Insom, what is our Day 2 lynch deadline?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:59 pm »

Unvote to allow time for input, and to take away scum's ability to quickhammer.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 12, 2012, 10:54:08 pm »

What I want to learn are Axxle's and Qvist's reactions.

will anything they have to say alter your opinion? Or do you just want them to put their feelings down. Because really this is kinda ridiculous. I am town. Anything they have to say in my favor will just be ignored... regardless of their alignment. If they are town and express hesitation, good on them. If they are mafia and express hesitation then they earn towncred when I flip...

So unless you actually value their opinion and might change your after hearing their analysis... what is the point?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2012, 10:56:59 pm »

It's Voltgloss. He tends to have a point.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:20 pm »

It's Voltgloss. He tends to have a point.

this is true, but I don't see it necessarily... and that isn't to say that I am anti-discussion. I am very prodiscussion. But it appears that he isn't interested in what others have to say for discussion sake. He appears to have already made up his mind regardless of what the others say.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 12, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

well I am off to bed and won't be back on til late afternoon tomorrow. Hope I am still alive by then. At least listen to Qvist and Axxle... Volt and others have had so little discussion about anything else but me today.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2012, 02:43:54 am »

The deadline is November 26
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2012, 03:35:21 am »

The timezone difference seems like a huge problem with Mafia.
Anyway, I read quickly over the last posts and I'm not sure about yuma. I have the feeling that he might be town. I can't really explain it.
I stick to voting for CF for now. I re-read all more slowly now and then I post again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.