Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Goko log parser - now for Chrome!  (Read 66179 times)

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Goko log parser - now for Chrome!
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:45:37 pm »
+21

Thanks to the efforts of many others, the parser is now available as an extension for Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/goko-log-viewer/kaignighoceeemhinbbophdeogpnedjn

v1.5 allows you to specify input and optionally output files, so you can interface with other scripts or just keep files organized on your computer.

v1.4 addresses player names. Get it here

EDIT: v1.3 deals with the Black Market cases. Attached here

EDIT: v1.2 has been optimized and fixes a bunch of omissions. It's attached to this post in this thread.

EDIT: v1.0 of the Goko log parser is now complete and is attached to this post. Enjoy, and please let me know if you find any bugs!

I am working on a program to parse the Goko logs and add coloring like the Iso logs. I'd appreciate some help from anyone who understands command line scripting, because I'm trying to work from man pages and it's a mess.

What I have so far: I've got a css style sheet that defines the fundamental card types and adds background colors

What I need: a script template for searching a file line-by-line and doing a search-and-replace on a regex script. I can fill in the details for all the card types if I get a template for the following two replace functions:
a) find end of line, add "<br />"
b) find "text string" and the next character can't be an <, replace with <tag>text string</tag> (the "next character can't be an <" rule is necessary so e.g., Village doesn't find Fishing Village. I'll do all the variations first (e.g., Ruined Library, Fishing Village), then the plain versions (Library, Village).

What would be awesome: if anyone knows how to do split colors (like Action-Victory cards) in CSS, that would be great. My guess is it will require images rather than background text coloring, and I don't know how to figure out what size image is needed.

The final version of the script will take a Goko log text file as input, add the HTML document tags and link to the style sheet, and then wrap all the card names with the appropriate tag.

If anyone wants to try it on their own, here are the CSS tags I've established so far:

Code: [Select]
action
 { background-color:rgb(240,240,240) ; }
treasure
 { background-color:rgb(253,225,100) ; }
reaction
 { background-color:rgb(64,168,227) ; }
duration
 { background-color:rgb(254,143,78) ; }
victory
 { background-color:rgb(146,193,125) ; }
curse
 { background-color:rgb(215,138,219) ; }
ruins
 { background-color:rgb(150,104,51) ; }
shelter
 { background-color:rgb(230,108,104) ; }
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:14:54 pm by philosophyguy »

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - in progress
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:04:03 pm »
+1

I would use sed for that, just from the bash, syntax
sed -r "s/regexToSearchFor/ExpressionToReplace/g"
-r for regexes, than "s/"  for this search-replace-mode of sed, it can do other things but I only know how to use /s, then the regexes, and at the end a /g for global replacement.  The "/"s are to seperate the parts and can be any character, in case you need a / in the expressions.

1)
sed -r "s/\n/<br>\n/g"
maybe also "\b" or "$" instead of "\n" for the end of line, am not sure, also depends on the format of the log

2) If I understand correctly
sed -r "s:(text string)[ˆ<]:<tag>\1</tag>:g"
Note : instead of / because / needed in </tag>

Edit: @css. Councilroom uses background-image
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:08:06 pm by DStu »

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4086
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:11:47 pm »

You'll need some new ones for the Ruins/Shelters

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 03:26:41 pm »
+2

The current logs aren't necessarily the final ones; people should speak up about how they'd like the logs to be different. Not that it will change soon but you know.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:54:53 pm »

The current logs aren't necessarily the final ones; people should speak up about how they'd like the logs to be different. Not that it will change soon but you know.

Good. They are hard to read. Is there a thread started here or on getsatisfaction devoted to suggestions for improving the log format?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2467
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »

This is awesome!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

Good. They are hard to read. Is there a thread started here or on getsatisfaction devoted to suggestions for improving the log format?

I'd suggest creating a thread here, then posting a generalized consensus to the getsatisfaction thing.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 04:28:23 pm »
+1

I've made images for all the dual-card types thus far. Who is running Councilroom now that I can ask to host them?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 06:49:22 pm »
+1

Ok, the parser is almost functional. (I have no idea about performance yet.) But, for the last part I could use some help with script looping.

What I want to do:
Take an input file, read one line at a time, and substitute in the line for a variable in a shell command; take the resulting new command and append it to another file

What I mean:
I have a file that lists all the Dominion cards, sorted by type. I want to go through that file line by line and substitute the card name into the shell command that will parse the file.
So, line 1 = Adventurer: take "sed command with SOME_ACTION_CARD" and output "sed command with Adventurer", appending that output to the bash script I'm generating. Repeat for lines 2 through...

Thank you to those kind comp sci folks who are taking pity on a humanities major. :)

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - v1.0 DONE
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »

v1.0 of the parser is now done and is attached to the first post in this thread. Please let me know if you find bugs!

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 03:48:23 am »

v1.0 of the parser is now done and is attached to the first post in this thread. Please let me know if you find bugs!

If you pipe all the seds, it is about twice as fast:

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 05:11:10 am »

You get another factor of 5(!) in speed if you don't check for all the cards, but build the command on the fly with just the cards that are in the supply
put the whole command to goko-log-core.sh and

# Extract the cards that are used this game. Edgecases to consider: Tournament, Spoils, Shelters etc.pp.
less logfile.txt | grep -m 1 -E '^Supply cards:' | sed "s/Supply cards://g" | sed -E 's/ ([^,]*)(,)/\(\1\)\|/g'  | sed -E 's/ ([^\)]*)($)/\(\1\)/g' | xargs -I{} grep -E '{}' goko-log-parser-core.sh > tempscript.sh
less gokolog.txt | ./tempscript.sh

Probably it's another bit faster if you can do also without writing the command to ./tempscript ,but I can't at the moment.

This has some issues still, first, it doesn't care for cards that are not in the supply (Prizes, Spoils, Shelters, etc), easiest solution is to keep them in always, shouln't cost that much time. Funnier of course would be some method to trigger Tournament->Prizes. Second it's not optimal because I have some problems with the interplay of grep, xargs and brackets, so a e.g."Village" in the supply keeps all kind of Villages in the expression. Which is not that important, but also not that bad.
Third, it's not tested much, so probably there are more edge cases...

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 10:22:12 am »

I'm still working on understanding DStu's commands, but I think there's a workaround for the stuff not in the Supply. In the core file, we'll put
sed stuff for Trusty Steed # (Tournament)
The grep should pick out the Trusty Steed line if Tournament is in the Supply that way.

I found a couple of errors in the script last night (wrong tag for Market Square, forgot Venture completely, a couple of cards listed twice and hence creating errors). I'll see what I can do to clean these up once I finish stepping through DStu's command line-fu.

Thanks for the help all!

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:33:54 am »

OK, should have been a little bit more commented
less logfile.txt | grep -m 1 -E '^Supply cards:' | sed "s/Supply cards://g" | sed -E 's/ ([^,]*)(,)/\(\1\)\|/g'  | sed -E 's/ ([^\)]*)($)/\(\1\)/g' | xargs -I{} grep -E '{}' goko-log-parser-core.sh > tempscript.sh
What's the plan.
less logfile.txt # take the logfile
| grep -m 1 -E '^Supply cards:' #find the line that mentions the supply. Should be the first mention (grep -m 1) of the line that starts with "Supply cards"
|  sed "s/Supply cards://g" # OK, actually we aren't interested in the part that says "Supply cards", but on the rest of the line where the cards are mentioned, which is comma-seperated card names...
| sed -E 's/ ([^,]*)(,)/\(\1\)\|/g' # ... which we would like to transform into a regular expression for grep. Therefore, take everything leading blank and the next comma  ([^,]*)(,), and but brackets around it, finish it of with a | \(\1\)\|
| sed -E 's/ ([^\)]*)($)/\(\1\)/g' # the last entry does not end with a comma, so special case here
| xargs -I{} grep -E '{}' goko-log-parser-core.sh # now take the string we have constructed until here, which should be (card1)|(card2)|(card3)|.... use it as pattern for grep on the fule goko-log-parser-core.sh, so that only the lines which mention cards that are already in the supply survive

@Prizes: Yepp, elegant solution

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:36:29 am by DStu »

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 11:51:21 am »

Yup, figured out your code. I was thrown for a minute because I assumed the pipes were separators of some sort and couldn't figure out why grep knew to iterate through them, before realizing it was an OR.

Attached is the new version. It should handle edge cases except for Black Market. I can do the # (Black Market) trick on every line to cheat that one, but I don't know if there's a cleaner way.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:45 am »

Yup, figured out your code. I was thrown for a minute because I assumed the pipes were separators of some sort and couldn't figure out why grep knew to iterate through them, before realizing it was an OR.

Attached is the new version. It should handle edge cases except for Black Market. I can do the # (Black Market) trick on every line to cheat that one, but I don't know if there's a cleaner way.
| sed "s/Black Market//g" | #If Black Market is in the kingdom, just match everything, and so take the complete goko-log-parser-core.sh

Edit: just transforme "|Black Market|" to "||", and thus match everything between the last sed and the xargs.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:03:37 pm by DStu »

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
v1.3: Re: Goko log parser
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:37 pm »

Ok, Black Market is supported. v1.3 is here.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - v1.3 DONE
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 12:27:19 pm »

And I think I figured out a way to handle the "Occupy Grand Market" style player names. Working on the code now…

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »
+2

Just don't forget the lessons of little Bobby Tables...

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:04:17 pm »

I am aware of all internet traditions. :)

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 01:07:52 pm »
+4

I think the biggest thread is Donald making
" & rm -rf / ~ #
Action-Atttack
Trash your whole deck
in Guilds.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »
+3

" & sudo rm -rf / ~ #
Action-Attack

Enter your password. If you do, trash your deck (including this card).
---
If this is in the Trash, you cannot gain any cards from the Trash.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - v1.4 DONE
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »

v1.4 keeps player names from being wrapped in tags if you've got a name like Occupy Grand Market.

Hopefully I've avoided the Bobby Tables problem by just having the computer handle the names, but here's the key code in case anyone wants to see if I missed something.

cat playernames.txt | while read line
do
player=$line
playernum=`grep -n "$player" playernames.txt | sed -E "s:([0-9])(.*):\1:"`
sed -E "s:^($player):Player$playernum:g" gokolog.txt | # Get player names at the start of the line
sed -E "s,$player: turn,Player$playernum: turn,g" | # Player names in the middle of the turn
sed -E "s,^([0-9][A-z]{2} place: )$player,\1Player$playernum,g" > gokolog.txt.tmp # Player names in first-nth place
mv gokolog.txt.tmp gokolog.txt
done

nutki

• Scout
  • Respect: +195
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 09:24:56 am »
+7

Since the result is an html file, why not javascript?
In short time I come up with this:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/index.html
Just paste the web address of the log in the input box on the top.
I replaced image backgrounds with css gradients so the script uses only one file.

Want a better Goko experience?
Get Firefox, Grease monkey and my script.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:49 am »
+2

omg!  Logs are actually ... pretty!

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 10:11:37 am »

nutki - nothing happens when I change the log file name in the box.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 10:19:51 am »

nutki - nothing happens when I change the log file name in the box.
Do you see anything aside the input box? If not then either you have JS disabled in your browser or there is a bug in my script that is ignored by my browser. Which browser do you use?

If you see the example log that would mean that the problem is with the onChange method of the text input. Then you can try direct link functionality I just added:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130204/log.50a0dcd2e4b035929e673232.1360045225424.txt

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 10:41:24 am »

I'm using Chrome 21. on a Mac, with Javascript enabled. The example log displays fine. I'm trying to access a demo log that I put together to test some edge cases at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12565923/logfile.txt, and I can't get that to work in the direct version either.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 11:58:20 am »

OK, linking to non-goko official site (like dropbox in you case) cannot work as security measure for cross-site scripting. Goko site explicitly allows cross-site access in a reply header: Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
That could be solved by allowing manual upload.

Edit: I copied your file to my server so you can see the result by putting just 'logfile.txt' into the textbox.

I'm using Chrome 21. on a Mac, with Javascript enabled. The example log displays fine. I'm trying to access a demo log that I put together to test some edge cases at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12565923/logfile.txt, and I can't get that to work in the direct version either.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:06:48 pm by nutki »

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:10 pm »

does it do multicolor for dual type cards?
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Goko log parser - v1.5 DONE
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 12:21:31 pm »

Ok, this will probably be the last version I upload for a while unless there are specific bugs that need to be addressed.

v1.5 fixes a couple of bugs, but most importantly allows you to specify filenames. If you pass one argument, it treats it as the input file and outputs that filename with the extension changed to .html. Two arguments it takes as input and output files, respectively.

The bash script (my version) supports dual-colors through graphics, so there's a clear break between the top and bottom colors. nutki's version uses gradients, so the colors blend together.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »

nutki - you'll notice my edge case file creates an error at the bottom of your log. Notice how Occupy Grand Market and Squire Mendel's names are formatted in the placements: the Grand Market and Squire parts are tagged as if they were cards. I added a bit in my script to address that starting in v1.4, but I have no clue how to do that kind of thing in javascript.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
v1.6 done AND FEEDBACK REQUESTED
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 03:03:49 pm »
+2

I've just cleaned up a couple of bugs dealing with player names like ^_^_^_^ or multiples of bots (e.g., Serf Bot I and Serf Bot II in the same game). I've also borrowed from nutki's idea of color coding each player's actions and had the script add spans to color each player and the game start/end info.

The new version also uses an external CSS file, which is great for me but not so great for everyone else because there's no permanent link available yet besides my Dropbox account. So: I've attached an HTML file of the new output to this message. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on things that should be changed before I ask to have the new style sheet hosted on councilroom. It's a pain to make modifications to the stylesheet once it's there because I don't have direct upload access, so now is the time to make any modifications.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 11:01:00 am »

Suggestions:

I don't think this will get very far unless you make it an online Javascript thing, perhaps hosted on CR.  It's a bit of a hassle, downloading the zip and then running it to prettify the logs.

The online Javascript thing needs to be able to support getting the link easily.  I know you can put it in manually, but you should just either have a "Get Link" box like on CR, or support pasting in a goko link and being redirected to the correct prettified link.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29:15 pm »
+1

I can work on putting the new stuff into Javascript. The problem is my JS is almost non-existent, so it's going to be a while.

Is there any interest in having councilroom run a scraper that grabs the day's Goko logs as well as the Iso ones? If so, the non-JS version could be run as part of the scraper.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

I can work on putting the new stuff into Javascript. The problem is my JS is almost non-existent, so it's going to be a while.

Is there any interest in having councilroom run a scraper that grabs the day's Goko logs as well as the Iso ones? If so, the non-JS version could be run as part of the scraper.

that would be SOOOOO cool. And if there is a way to filter out the bot games + the Adventures (at least the ones with different starting conditions) it would be even better.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:39 pm »

Suggestions:

I don't think this will get very far unless you make it an online Javascript thing, perhaps hosted on CR.  It's a bit of a hassle, downloading the zip and then running it to prettify the logs.

The online Javascript thing needs to be able to support getting the link easily.  I know you can put it in manually, but you should just either have a "Get Link" box like on CR, or support pasting in a goko link and being redirected to the correct prettified link.

If this could be hosted on CR, I would be forever grateful.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »

Would it be possible to move the game summary to the top of the log? Just a convenience issue, but then again, I guess that's what this entire thing is right.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »

There are a lot of things that are possible, but they come at the cost of a substantial increase in the time to run the script. That may not matter if you're only running it on a couple of games, but if you have 3500 files to run through (roughly the daily Goko archive at this point) and you add a second to each run, you've added an hour of processing time.

Moving the game summary info is a reasonably resource-intensive process, surprisingly. You need to grab the game summary section and move it to the top. But, since it's multiple lines, you can't just do it with a stream editor unless you use some black magic like removing linebreaks from that section or adding tags to each line in that section. There's probably a couple of writes of temporary files to the disk in order to make that happen. Then you splice the new header into the old file, requiring another write or two. You may then need to undo your black magic edits.

(Also, I've heard mixed opinions on listing the game summary at the top. Some people like the surprise of finding out who won at the end. I'm not in that camp, but since it's an opinion and changing the parser to move the game summary is hard, I'm defaulting to what will let me be lazy.)

The long term solution is for Goko to change the log file. Whether they go all the way to coloring the logs or not, fixing things like listing the opening cards, the trash contents, and the value of alt-VP sources are ridiculously easier if they're done in the original.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:47:26 pm by philosophyguy »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:14 pm »

You're outputting html anyway, right?  Can't you just wrap the game summary info in a div and float it to the top or something?

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 05:40:15 pm »
+1

I've just cleaned up a couple of bugs dealing with player names like ^_^_^_^
*snip*
That's cause I'm special ^_^_^_^
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 05:43:33 pm »

You're right, that would be a more elegant solution. I can play with that; my worry is that because the divs will be multi-lined, it will be easy to screw up the code that wraps the section. (Having to hunt for a single line is obviously easier.) But I can see what I can do.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 06:08:43 pm »

You're right, that would be a more elegant solution. I can play with that; my worry is that because the divs will be multi-lined, it will be easy to screw up the code that wraps the section. (Having to hunt for a single line is obviously easier.) But I can see what I can do.

You can just find the "Game Over" line and put the div from there to the end of the file.  You could probably add a setting on whether to have the box stay at the bottom or moved to the top, so people can choose which way to view it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:09:44 pm by eHalcyon »

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »
+17

I converted my script into a Greasemonkey script (attached), showing the live log on the right of the game window. The result looks like this:

To use it you have to install Firefox with the Greasemonkey plugin and open the attached file with 'File'>'Open File...'

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
+1

Nice, I'd recommend you put your script up on github.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »

I converted my script into a Greasemonkey script (attached), showing the live log on the right of the game window. The result looks like this:

To use it you have to install Firefox with the Greasemonkey plugin and open the attached file with 'File'>'Open File...'

I am impressed. Now, I can play Goko with a log up all the time! Yay!

PS: Can someone help me. I installed Greasmonkey onto Firefox and rebooted it. It says Greasemonkey is enabled, but I am not able to get this to work.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:18:06 pm by Beyond Awesome »

1wheel

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2013, 06:20:45 pm »

Wow great work nutki!

Would you be willing to put the script up on github? I'm having some layout issues that I can see how to fix.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »

Will it also work on Chrome/Greasemonkey?

Hmm, got it working on FF, but having layout issues like 1wheel.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:59:51 pm by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2013, 07:54:07 pm »

I'm not sure about how greasemonkey works on chrome, but I have the script running with chrome right now. Steps:

1. Open Goko_log_prettifier.user.js with a text editor
2. Select all the text and copy it to the clipboard
3. Start a new game on Goko.
4. Press ctrl-shift-j to open the chrome dev console.
5. Paste and press enter

The log might not appear till you've clicked a few cards.

If you'd like to have the logs appear the dev console (no highlighting, but you can undock the window by clicking the left most button on the bottom of the dev window), follow the same steps as before, but copy/paste this instead:

Dom.LogManager.prototype.old_addLog = Dom.LogManager.prototype.addLog;
Dom.LogManager.prototype.addLog = function (opt) {
    this.old_addLog(opt);
    console.log(opt.text);
};

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2013, 08:34:58 pm »

I'm not sure about how greasemonkey works on chrome, but I have the script running with chrome right now. Steps:

1. Open Goko_log_prettifier.user.js with a text editor
2. Select all the text and copy it to the clipboard
3. Start a new game on Goko.
4. Press ctrl-shift-j to open the chrome dev console.
5. Paste and press enter

The log might not appear till you've clicked a few cards.

If you'd like to have the logs appear the dev console (no highlighting, but you can undock the window by clicking the left most button on the bottom of the dev window), follow the same steps as before, but copy/paste this instead:

Dom.LogManager.prototype.old_addLog = Dom.LogManager.prototype.addLog;
Dom.LogManager.prototype.addLog = function (opt) {
    this.old_addLog(opt);
    console.log(opt.text);
};

Thanks! I got this to work in Chrome. This thing is great.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 09:21:41 pm »
+1

Got it working in FF after a few tweaks.  For my 1920x1080 monitor, I had to change:

position:absolute; overflow:auto; left:1020px;
var w = window.innerWidth - 960 - 80;

Perhaps that will help other playing at the same resolution.

Also: OMG THANK YOU THIS ROCKS SO HARD.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

In all seriousness, though, can this get a sticky?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 10:24:46 pm »

In all seriousness, though, can this get a sticky?

I agree this should be stickied. It should actually probably go in the first post as well so people can more easily get to the code. Anyway, this goes to show that if Goko won't do it, someone else will. The log is quite nice. It is great to have it out all the time while playing.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2013, 08:53:08 am »
+3

Here is the github project I created:
https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer

I know of some layout issues as for now I just reapply the layout each time a new log line is produced. So resizing the window is expected to break the layout until the next log event. As this is my first greasemonkey script, I don't know how to properly tap to the widow resize event (after original goko handler triggers). I tried to do that on a timer instead (the traces of this are in the source code), but also did not get the results I wanted.
Basically the layout adjustment code is currently:
document.getElementById("myCanvas").style.marginLeft="0px"; // move the main game window to the left;
var w = window.innerWidth - 960 - 10; // log window width is total window size minus 960 for goko viewport and 10 for padding
var t = (window.innerHeight - 640)/2; // 640 is goko window height
newLog.setAttribute("style", "position:absolute; overflow:auto; left:960px; width:"+w+"px; top:"+t+"px; height:640px; background-color: white; z-index: -1");

And I agree this should be probably now a separate thread. If somebody splits everything from my previous post, I can edit it then to make it more informative.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:02 am »

You fixed Goko!  It's now just about playable.

I tried and failed to work out how to get the log to display somewhere permanently (never mind formatted).  Well done for figuring it out!

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:22 pm »

this sounds great. I tried to make it work in chrome, but i failed terribly. all i achieved was that goko stopped working. In the dev console there appeared a lot of red words. I admit that i have very little computing skills, so can anybody of you give an foolproof explanation of what to copy where.

Please

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 05:14:11 pm »

Hmm, got it working on FF, but having layout issues like 1wheel.

Same here. For me, the log is partially covered up by the play area (the log needs to be moved to the right in order to line up, like the screenshot). Which parameters in the code should I adjust?

Edit: Kirian found the places to adjust this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:23:06 pm by Polk5440 »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

Great thing.

Would it be possible to relocate chat too?

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:32 pm »

Got it working in FF after a few tweaks.  For my 1920x1080 monitor, I had to change:

position:absolute; overflow:auto; left:1020px;
var w = window.innerWidth - 960 - 80;

Perhaps that will help other playing at the same resolution.

Also: OMG THANK YOU THIS ROCKS SO HARD.

This works for me, too.

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »
+1

nutki -
I sent a pull request with the layout changes and a working onresize call.

Watno-
Where do you think the chat should go?

loppo -
If you copy/paste the 4 line snippet I posted above and post a screen shot I might be able to help.

I was looking to see if the point tracker could be ported to goko and it turns out drheld already done most of the work several months ago:
http://imgur.com/5S7hkRs
https://github.com/drheld/goko_dominion_extension

I sent him a message asking if he wanted any help/if he was planning on putting it out anytime soon.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »

Argh not the point tracker extension!!

Chat:  At my resolution, things would work best if everything were shifted upward about 80px, then chat was placed below.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »

Ideally, it would be possible to customize where everything goes, but Kirian's suggestion is what I imagined too.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »

Agreed. What Kirian said.

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »

Argh not the point tracker extension!!

Chat:  At my resolution, things would work best if everything were shifted upward about 80px, then chat was placed below.

Oh I see. This is a little tricker than it should be since the chat box is implemented with canvas, but I'll look into later tonight.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 07:01:23 pm »

Ideally, it would be possible to customize where everything goes, but Kirian's suggestion is what I imagined too.

Well, it *is* possible to customize it... you just have to go in and change the code slightly.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 04:56:19 am »
+4

Thanks to 1wheel's input I realized that the Goko viewport frame is not constant size. On my small laptop screen is actually a bit smaller (960x640) than on other devices (1024x768). I modified my script to be independent of that:
https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/raw/master/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js

The chat window can be moved away in similar fashion, I believe. It can be a bit more complex as it also requires input. The added value would be standard editing options and copy and paste for free.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 08:27:22 am »

loppo -
If you copy/paste the 4 line snippet I posted above and post a screen shot I might be able to help.

Thank you for the offer. I fiddled around a little bit and found out that i forgot to press "Enter" after copy/paste. so no wonder it didn't do anything.

i feel real silly now.

Slyfox

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +78
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 02:09:01 pm »

This is really, really nice.  I would agree that this goes a long way to make Goko more playable.

I was considering adding a few lines to the script to also colorize "shuffles deck" as it would be nice to be able to quickly skim the log for that.  Would anyone else find that useful?  If so, any preference on how to highlight it?  Maybe some sort of inverse color scheme like what is used for victory point chips?  Or simply putting it in bold?

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 05:28:57 pm »

Please don't.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »

I'm not the best at this script stuff. Is there some way I can put in the script so I don't have to add it in each time I log into Goko?

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2013, 09:31:38 pm »

Is this something that someone with no programming experience should avoid messing around with? I can't seem to make heads or tails of any of this...Or can someone give me an step-by-step way to put this into Chrome? Specifically I can't figure how to paste the code after I pres ctrl-shift-j in a goko game.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:36:49 pm by bedlam »

rrenaud

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:08 pm »
+1

If some programmer wants to make this easy on others, you can distribute it via the Chrome Web Store (for free).  Then installing it becomes super easy.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:19 am »

Since the last goko update the main game screen stays in the middle of my screen, with the log on its right being cut off. Before the upfate the main screen would move to the left. Does anyone else have this problem / know how to fix it?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 12:24:52 pm »

Since the last goko update the main game screen stays in the middle of my screen, with the log on its right being cut off. Before the upfate the main screen would move to the left. Does anyone else have this problem / know how to fix it?
Are you using the latest github version? I noticed the layout changes they made and put some new counter measures:
https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/raw/master/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »

Great, works with this one.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »

If some programmer wants to make this easy on others, you can distribute it via the Chrome Web Store (for free).  Then installing it becomes super easy.

I second this, every time I log onto Goko, I have to copy and paste the code. I am sure there is an easier to do this, but I am not a programmer.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »
+2

Are you using the latest github version? I noticed the layout changes they made and put some new counter measures:

OK, I just installed that and went over to Goko... and FF froze on me, indicating that the script wasn't responding.

Edit: Fixed.  If you had to manually install it the first time, you'll have to disable the old script.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:20:23 pm by Kirian »

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »
+8

I ducked taped the work everyone else did together and made an extension for chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/goko-log-viewer/kaignighoceeemhinbbophdeogpnedjn

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2013, 02:05:49 am »

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:31 am »

Installed the Chrome extension, playing experience is way better. Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this tool. One small issue: Goko has too small card name length limit and needs to use a fix of having "JackOfAllTrades" instead of "Jack of all Trades" - is it possible to correct this in the parser?

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2013, 05:30:30 pm »

Thanks to 1wheel's input I realized that the Goko viewport frame is not constant size. On my small laptop screen is actually a bit smaller (960x640) than on other devices (1024x768). I modified my script to be independent of that:

This is great. Thanks!

The chat window can be moved away in similar fashion, I believe. It can be a bit more complex as it also requires input. The added value would be standard editing options and copy and paste for free.

I would love to bum a Greasemonkey script off of someone that moves the chat window, as well. Or has the log as the top 3/4 of the screen area to the right of Goko Dominion and the chat window bottom 1/4 or something like that.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 12:22:03 pm »

I don't know, if it is already posted, but there is a mistake with the Bishop: When you play it, it tells you, that you gain one point chip less, that you really do.

(Maybe this is wanted, so that it tells you only the point chips you gain form trashing; but I think it would be better to write all point chips you gain. So it wouldn't tell you, that you gain 0 point chips, when you trash a Copper or something like that.)
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »

That's a goko side issue, so this is the wrong place for it.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

Sorry, it wasn't clear...I ment it for this script here:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:54 pm »

Sorry, it wasn't clear...I ment it for this script here:
(image snipped)

All the script does is stylize the Goko log and make it always visible.  The log itself comes from Goko.  If there is a mistake in what it reports, that is due to Goko itself.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2013, 01:05:10 pm »

Ah, ok I did't know that.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Goko log parser - now for Chrome!
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
+1

This is amazing.  Makes Goko so much better.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:22:30 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »

I love how it automatically fetches the prettier looking log when you're finished with the game as well. Pretty amazing all around. Someone should send it to Goko so they can implement the code themselves, if they want to.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:11 pm »

Hi, i just read in the chat that you wanted to try out JoaT with the new parser. I couldnt find you, so i started a solo game. Everything seems to be ok.

Heres a screenshot

and a link to the log
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130222/log.50955175e4b013548a3d58f0.1361567177297.txt
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:14:28 pm by loppo »

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:17 pm »
+1

hsiale-
I made a fix for Jack of all Trades, but haven't updated the extension yet. I don't have Hinterlands and I wanted to test it first.

Polk5440-
Chat is kinda tricky, I'll take a look at when I get some free time. drheld has already written some code that hooks into their chat, so it is definitely doable.
https://github.com/drheld/goko_dominion_extension/blob/master/inject.js

Beyond Awesome-
I'm not sure they would implement it; there isn't a cross platform way of adding it to the UI.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1195
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »

This is really great! One thing I'd like to see added though is a bunch of blank lines or something so that the log doesn't go all of the way to the bottom of the screen. I find it difficult to read the text down there and would appreciate it if it was moved up to a more comfortable area.

But that's a rather minor complaint.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 02:43:07 am »

another thing i noticed is that the brown background for the ruins is rather dark. It's very hard to read which ruins it is in the log. Maybe the brown could be a tad lighter.

Besides that it's great work. it improves the gaming expirience a lot for me. Thanks for all your effort.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:38 am »

Yes. I love the log! Again, thanks a million.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2013, 06:50:53 pm »

Minor issue: Island doesn't get colored in the log.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »
+1

Oh wow, this will make Goko so much better...
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:30 am »

I like what the log is trying to do, I don't like that it makes Goko laggy.

(Edit: in chrome using plugin from the chrome extension store)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:42 am »

another thing i noticed is that the brown background for the ruins is rather dark. It's very hard to read which ruins it is in the log. Maybe the brown could be a tad lighter.

You can change it yourself by editing this line:
ruins
 { background-color:rgb(150,104,51) ; border-radius: 6px; }
Just increase those three numbers a bit, for example to (180,130,70), and see how it looks.

Quote from: Watno
Minor issue: Island doesn't get colored in the log.

Yeah, noticed that too. There should also be no coloring for the other action-victory cards.
This piece of code is missing:
action-victory
{ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgb(240,240,240), rgb(146,193,125));
  background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgb(240,240,240), rgb(146,193,125));
  background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgb(240,240,240), rgb(146,193,125));
  background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgb(240,240,240), rgb(146,193,125));
  background: linear-gradient(top, rgb(240,240,240), rgb(146,193,125)); border-radius: 6px; }

There is also no coloring for potential 5th and 6th players, but that's really not that important I guess.

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2013, 07:46:03 am »
+3

Non-Goko people

Making Dominion better since 2008

memegenerator

Looks like really nice work guys, thanks for your efforts.

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2013, 07:57:08 am »

Indentation would make this log parser even better.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2013, 08:22:29 am »

Indentation would make this log parser even better.

Thing is, "parser" isn't really the best name for this thing; the later name, "prettifier," is better.  It's overlaying a prettier CSS, essentially, but not changing or interpreting any of the text.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »
+1

One feature that has been mentioned for the prettifier is indenting to show the main activity and subsequent stuff. For instance:

Player buys Remodel
--Player gains Remodel

It should be a relatively easy tweak to the Javascript prettifier if we can identify the text that is subsequent. I'd like to crowdsource this: if you play a Goko game, what are the keywords that indicate lines of text that need to be indented?

A starting list:
trashes
gains
shuffles
draws
sets aside
discards
reveals (not always because of reactions)

Are there others?

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

King's Court
Throne Room

And the stuff that comes after buys.... (so next line, gains..., is indented).

Edit: Oh, I missed you wanted the line itself, not the one before it. Not sure that will always work. KC and TR are examples where you have to look at the line before.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:24:52 pm by Polk5440 »

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:28 am »

Nobles gets no Action/Victory background it should get. Example: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130311/log.50893139a2e67cff211cd7e5.1363011469788.txt

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2013, 12:30:45 pm »

Thanks. Where do I find this code to edit it?

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3881
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 10:50:26 am »
+1

This thing is great. I installed it by clicking my mouse one time and because of it, Goko is actually playable. The work you've done is really great.

It's a shame that this has to exist, though. Now that I've seen it and played with it, it's clear to me that it's the one thing that would improve Goko's interface the most. -- So why haven't they done it? It can't be all *that* hard, since we did it without any real knowledge of the code.

I bought Goko last night, and I would not have bought Goko if this hadn't existed.

Thank you all for your work.

I have an idea for a feature that maybe hasn't come up before. The log always wants to appear to the right of the Dominion window, which works, but it would be cool if I could make it appear above or below as well. I like to put my web browser on a monitor that is Portrait mode, so this might be pretty cool.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2013, 07:17:09 am »

This thing is excellent!

The only issue I have with it is that when you scroll back up during your opponent's turn, and he does something which causes the log to update, the updated log steels the focus and brings you back to the bottom. In case the post-update focus-steeling is something out of your control, a decent work-around is to make the log not update as long as you have your mouse pressed on the scrollbar.

Also, I'd love to see a VP count at the beginning of each turn, e.g.

Opponent: turn 5 (VP count: 5-3)
SheCantSayNo: turn 5 (VP count: 3-5)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2013, 12:17:16 pm »

thanks for putting this together.  I've been very happy using it!
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2013, 02:09:11 am »
+2

Just FYI, they apparently just added in https option, and that made greasemonkey not run the script because the URL changed, so you may have to add the new URL to make it start working again.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2013, 10:49:10 am »
+2

I added a couple of changes to the script.
Now it also shows the phase of the turn before the user name. The one letter initial of the turn name is added for the first line of the phase plus on all 'play' and 'buy' lines.
Also fixed the action/victory background and added https address support.
Note in Firefox you have to remove the old version manually as the name has changed.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 12:01:45 am »

Let's pretend I know nothing at all about extensions, or what the word parsing even means (because that's totally true).  Answering the following questions like I'm 80 yrs old will have the highest chance of success.

1. What can I do to get a much slicker way to read the log during a game?

2. What can I do to get a copy of that log with which to make a game-report-post on this forum

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 06:20:02 am »
+4

1) On Chrome: go go here and click "Add to Chrome".

On Firefox: install Chrome, then follow the above instructions.

I use the extension on Firefox, but that's probably more involved than you want to bother with.

2) After the game, on the page that displays the score, there is a button in the lower right corner (it has what looks like three lines of a bulleted list on it) that links to the log.

gokologviewer

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
    • Goko Log Viewer for Firefox
Goko Log Viewer for Firefox
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »
+2

Hello Dominion community!

I am pleased to announce that the Goko Log Viewer add-on for Chrome has been ported to Firefox! It does not require a restart to install, and it is free of viruses and spyware. No coding required!

If you are interested in this add-on, you may install it here. If you have any questions, reply to this post/topic and I will try my best to answer them.

Thanks for taking the time to check out this add-on!

Edit: If you want a second opinion on "free of viruses and spyware," see this VirusTotal scan.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:55:06 am by gokologviewer »

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 05:52:01 pm »

On Firefox: install Chrome, then follow the above instructions.
+1 for this making me laugh out loud. I guess (have not tested it myself) this solution also works for other browsers  :)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2013, 05:54:53 pm »

This has been working on firefox even before it worked for chrome. Explanations are in the first posts?

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Log Viewer for Firefox
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »
+2

... and it is free of viruses and spyware.

Not that I have any reason to believe there are viruses or spywares in it, nor that I would have thought about it if it wouldn't been mentioned here, but why should I believe the post of the author of the addon telling me there are no viruses/spywares if I wouldn't trust the author of the addon to not put viruses/spyware in the addon?

gokologviewer

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
    • Goko Log Viewer for Firefox
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2013, 08:55:46 am »

You can see this VirusTotal scan for details.

philosophyguy

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2013, 10:30:10 am »

I get slightly nervous about a brand new poster and brand new add-on author suddenly posting a plugin and preemptively declaring "no viruses!". So, if you want to play it safe and you're in Firefox:

1) Download and then activate the Greasemonkey extension. This is an extension that's been in existence for a long time and has been reviewed by the Firefox folks, AFAIK. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

2) Go to the .js file in nutki's post:

You should receive a message that this is a Greasemonkey script and a prompt to install it. Go for it. The .js file will be installed in your Firefox profile/extensions, if you want to double-check the actual contents.

rrenaud

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:06 am »
+2

I am generally a fan of skepticism, but

A) It's only javascript. For this to do anything bad to your computer would require an exploitable bug in firefox.  Not that these never exist, but infected O(100) users on a dominion fan website seems like a terrible waste of such an exploit.
B) You can see the included source in the add-on, if you want.  (download the XPI and unzip it)

I got extracted the source code.  The only difference between nutki's viewer.js and the one included in the firefox add-on is the line break extension.  I am guessing nutki is only mac/linux, and gokologviewer is a windows user.  On the other hand, there is a lot of boiler plate code that I didn't look through that is either the product of a chrome->firefox extension tool, or just included with every firefox add-on.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2013, 02:53:38 am »

When I click on the log icon post-game, it now shows me a page saying "pageok" rather than the actual log.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2013, 03:00:58 am »

I am generally a fan of skepticism, but

As I said above, I don't believe there are viruses in it, and as I said elsewhere, I'm not playing on goko so I won't install it anyway, I just wanted to point out that the reassurance of the author that there are no viruses in a programm adds about 0 information on the existence of these virusus.

On a related note, I'm a former nigerian prince with 30,000,000$ to get to oversea and need someone to help me. No scams involved...

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:01 am »
+3

When I click on the log icon post-game, it now shows me a page saying "pageok" rather than the actual log.i

I was trying to move the DNS to a new hosting, but apparently it takes a lot of time (days) for godaddy to setup new domains and subdomains. Now I set the DNS temporarily to the old hosting and try again when the setup is done. With the new hosting there will be some new features added to the prettifier.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:47 am »
+4

The updates are uploaded. On the offline prettifier you can now link to a specific turn using anchor links:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?20130410/log.50b07681e4b09653a366035b.1365580292236.txt#2-10
the anchor format is N-M where N is the player number and M is the turn number. Also added the links to directly scroll to bottom and top.

In the online greasemonkey script (https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/raw/master/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js) I added ability to add custom avatars. They are only visible to other users of the script. To upload your avatar click on the avatar picture in the top right corner on the main screen (where you have options between single player, multi player etc.) See attached picture for the result.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:13 am »

lol.  was not expecting custom avatars on this thing.  what's next, replacing the buttons with text icons? 
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:48 am »

Are these updates added automatically to the extension that I already have?

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »
+1

lol.  was not expecting custom avatars on this thing.  what's next, replacing the buttons with text icons? 

Holy shit a greasemonkey script turning goko into isotropic hype hype hype

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2013, 01:36:49 am »
+1

More people really need to be aware of this thread

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 10:24:58 am »

Will the Chrome extension ever be updated with nutki's changes?  I can't seem to get the Tampermonkey script working.  (No idea why it isn't; I installed it like any other script)

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

Are these updates added automatically to the extension that I already have?

The more recent versions of the Firefox Greasemonkey script auto-update.  jsh's post suggests that the Chrome extension has not been updated by the maintainer, and the same might or might not be true of the Firefox extension (which definitely doesn't contain viruses or spyware).

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2013, 05:18:40 pm »

Is anyone else using the custom avatar thing? I have the suspicion it's not working properly, I seem to be the only in the Pro Top 250 having one.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16:50 pm »

Is anyone else using the custom avatar thing? I have the suspicion it's not working properly, I seem to be the only in the Pro Top 250 having one.

They are only visible to other users of the script.

It's all user-side stuff, purely for your own benefit. So as far as Goko can see, your avatar is still one of their images. The script is just telling your browser to display an image you choose instead; it's not changing what's on their servers, and only affects what you can see.

other users

Apparently I'm too tired to be posting (or maybe just reading) right now. Yeah I haven't upgraded to the custom avatar thing yet, just enjoying the log on the side.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:22:03 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2013, 04:20:57 am »
+2

Indeed you are the first person to upload one (besides me). I suspect this is mostly because most of the people are using my scripts through the Chrome plugin, and this got never updated (I haven't seen 1wheel, who maintained it, here lately).

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2013, 09:15:46 am »

Ah sorry then. The new version of the Firefox script is really good, people should get it. It has indentations.
And more people should use the avatar thing. It's really cool.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:49 am »

I would like to use it. Which version is it and how does it actually work?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2013, 10:18:41 am »
+1

In the online greasemonkey script (https://github.com/nutki/Goko-Live-Log-Viewer/raw/master/Goko_Live_Log_Viewer.user.js) I added ability to add custom avatars. They are only visible to other users of the script. To upload your avatar click on the avatar picture in the top right corner on the main screen (where you have options between single player, multi player etc.) See attached picture for the result.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2013, 11:21:32 am »

Thanks! And is it possible to minimize the size of the log? In the old version i had, it was thinner.

hsiale

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »
+3

I seem to be the only in the Pro Top 250 having one.
Avatar uploaded. Now the hard part - I need to get to Pro Top 250

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2013, 01:46:38 pm »
+1

I've just given it a go.  It sounded a bit daft at first but, since it requires the extension, having a custom avatar will probably correlate with cluefulness, so it might be quite useful.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:10:28 am by qmech »

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2013, 05:31:00 am »

Thanks! And is it possible to minimize the size of the log? In the old version i had, it was thinner.

Whenever I find that the log has grown to squeeze out the main game area a browser restart fixes it.  It seems to be related to the script updating.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2013, 06:19:43 am »

Whenever I find that the log has grown to squeeze out the main game area a browser restart fixes it.  It seems to be related to the script updating.
I'm not sure, if you didn't understand me, or if I don't understand you (sorry, I'm german).

Now it looks like this:
screenshot
I'd like, if the log was cut at the right side. So I don't see the total log, but the things at the end are not so important.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:20:49 am by GwinnR »

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2013, 08:10:05 am »

My problem is not quite the same as yours, but it might be related.  I occasionally get the very wide log, but instead of it producing a horizontal scrollbar the main game shrinks until it is narrow enough to fit in the reduced amount of space available.  So I don't have to scroll, but I do have to work harder to use the main interface.

If it happens again I might remember to take a screenshot and post it here.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2013, 08:24:55 am »

My problem is not quite the same as yours, but it might be related.  I occasionally get the very wide log, but instead of it producing a horizontal scrollbar the main game shrinks until it is narrow enough to fit in the reduced amount of space available.  So I don't have to scroll, but I do have to work harder to use the main interface.

If it happens again I might remember to take a screenshot and post it here.
I have the same problem, it just seems to pop up at random occasions.

Also, I tried installing the .js file from GitHub by dropping it into the extensions area of Chrome. Chrome showed it as installed, but it didn't show up during play. Now I'm back to the normal Chrome extension, but I kinda want to try out those new features.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:48 pm »

Would it be possible to have the identations from the current in game log in the post-game log prettifier as well?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »

BTW, I think the logs don't mark the Young Witch bane in any way, it would be nice if when listing the supply one of the cards was marked as the bane.

1wheel

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2013, 10:56:46 pm »
+1

Indeed you are the first person to upload one (besides me). I suspect this is mostly because most of the people are using my scripts through the Chrome plugin, and this got never updated (I haven't seen 1wheel, who maintained it, here lately).

I've updated the chrome extensions with your new script (sorry about the delay, started a new job and haven't checked the forums for a while).

Let me know if you want me to transfer ownership of the chrome extension to you; I don't mind keeping it updated but barely any of the code is mine.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2013, 04:49:42 am »

With the Chrome extension, my custom avatar reliably shows up in game, at the results page, and on the top right corner in the lobby. In the lobby itself, however, it's very inconsistent (both in the player list and when I host a game).

On the Leaderboard it's even worse: I have spotted my custom avatar exactly once, even though I always see the custom avatars of others.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2013, 04:39:02 pm »
+1

Has anyone managed to play Possesion without crashing using the firefox log viewer? It causes crashes for me.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:28 am »

I've never managed to play Possession successfully with the log extension.  Possession does work if I disable it.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2013, 04:46:36 am »
+3

Has anyone managed to play Possesion without crashing using the firefox log viewer? It causes crashes for me.
When I wrote the extension I did not own any sets, so handling of possession was based on the offlline logs, it is possible that online look different. As I bought the full goko package a few days ago, I will try to reproduce and fix it.

With the Chrome extension, my custom avatar reliably shows up in game, at the results page, and on the top right corner in the lobby. In the lobby itself, however, it's very inconsistent (both in the player list and when I host a game).

On the Leaderboard it's even worse: I have spotted my custom avatar exactly once, even though I always see the custom avatars of others.
I just confirmed this, it does work when showing the leaderboard after the game, but in multiplayer/leaderboards it will only show once after each browser cache cleaning. I will look at this, but I think it is minor, so not on top of my priority list.

Would it be possible to have the identations from the current in game log in the post-game log prettifier as well?
Yes, to some extent. The indentations as currently used are based mainly on the action name (non indented are 'plays' and 'buys' events). The only exception is the first line of the cleanup phase, and this is hard to replicate as the online log uses live phase information from the game to detect that, some simple heuristic in the offline version would be possible though (for example all the final actions that use 'shuffles' or 'draws').

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2013, 04:49:50 am »
+1

I've updated the chrome extensions with your new script (sorry about the delay, started a new job and haven't checked the forums for a while).

Let me know if you want me to transfer ownership of the chrome extension to you; I don't mind keeping it updated but barely any of the code is mine.
I will gladly offload the work to you, if you don't mind. I don't use Chrome myself, so I would not even test it properly. This way at least two people try to run the code before it is published.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:32 pm »

Sorry if this has been said before and I'm just being stupid, but where can I find the one for Firefox? (If it exists)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2013, 04:13:32 pm »
+3

I get slightly nervous about a brand new poster and brand new add-on author suddenly posting a plugin and preemptively declaring "no viruses!". So, if you want to play it safe and you're in Firefox:

1) Download and then activate the Greasemonkey extension. This is an extension that's been in existence for a long time and has been reviewed by the Firefox folks, AFAIK. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

2) Go to the .js file in nutki's post:

You should receive a message that this is a Greasemonkey script and a prompt to install it. Go for it. The .js file will be installed in your Firefox profile/extensions, if you want to double-check the actual contents.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Silk Road freeze
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43:30 pm »

Silk Road freeze:
http://i.imgur.com/h60pKIc.jpg

That try-catches from TODO in source are important!

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »
+1

Do these freezes affect the log parser or the whole game?

I don't want my tournament matches and ranked matches to freeze on me.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:48 pm »

Possession freezes the whole game, not sure about Silk road.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

Silk Road freezes the whole game too.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2013, 12:45:00 am »

Is this only for the Chrome parser or also for Firefox?

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2013, 02:20:12 am »

Possession freezes on Firefox.  The two extensions should be identical, as they run the same Javascript.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:39 am »

Setting aside the debugging of these particular issues, shouldn't the log viewer catch and surpress any errors it generates?  Or is this a difficult thing to do in JS?

Thanks so much for the extension.  It's an huge improvement over the horrible turd of a log viewer that Goko crapped out on the floor.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Silk Road freeze
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:14 am »
+5

Thanks for reporting, guys. I fixed (only in the Firefox user script, the Chrome extension needs updating) the following:

- possession crash (caused by different size of avatar images which are swapped on the possession turns, now avatars are rescaled)
- no avatars in lobby (the avatar preloader was not patched to load user avatars, simply disabled the preloader)
- silk road / masquerade crash (point tracking of masquerade is not possible with the live log, disabled)

Setting aside the debugging of these particular issues, shouldn't the log viewer catch and surpress any errors it generates?  Or is this a difficult thing to do in JS?
Surly a better exception handling is possible, but it is not trivial, since it has to be done for each function separately and sometimes the action to take on exception to make the main game continue is not obvious. On top of that not everything can be covered, for example the possession bug caused an exception in the goko code.

I am not a JS programmer, so if you have an improvement suggestion, feel free to post it here or through github.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:22:54 am by nutki »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

I sometimes have that the cards I play during my last turn don't show up in the deck composition at the bottom.

Here is an example game: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130508/log.5101a6c4e4b02b7235c3860f.1368036554527.txt

My opponent resigned while I was making my scheme decision.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »
+1

I think that's a bug in the goko log, not the goko log parser.

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »

The parser is not pulling logs for me correctly. I am attempting to pull logs for GokoDom from these strings, but no success. I tried going to http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130511/ and searching for the strings, but they don't seem to be there. Loppo and I played these games today an hour or so ago. (We alternated setting up the table, that's why there are two table creator hashes. )

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368285552845.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?75e4b013548a3d58f0.1368286412318.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368287782779.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?75e4b013548a3d58f0.1368288871368.txt

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?b8e4b015dcbac5f45a.1368289726466.txt

Any ideas?

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:45 pm »

Any ideas?
I don't think the goko logs work now at all. With the extension turned off after playing a game I was redirected to:
http://play.goko.com/Dominion/undefined/20130511/log.50ebec24e4b067e81b563165.1368312505350.txt
which is a 404. And the proper logs server don't have this log either.

Polk5440

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

I got a response to my getsatisfaction report, and it seems they acknowledge there is a problem on their end.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2013, 07:56:06 pm »

I'm new to the extension and not very tech savvy.

What do you guys do when the cards that freeze the game up are there? Is there a way to turn off the extension.

Anything else I should know about it? (Or do I have to read the whole 7 pages of this thread?)

Thanks.

btw the problem with the goko logs (404 error) seems to be fixed for me
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:58:54 pm by Acher »

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:48 am »
+1

What do you guys do when the cards that freeze the game up are there? Is there a way to turn off the extension.

Have you had any freezes?  My understanding is that they've all been fixed in the latest version of the script.  If the script does cause a freeze then I don't think there's anything you can do: if you disable the script then that won't take effect until you reload the page, which ends the game.

nutki

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:27 am »

Have you had any freezes?  My understanding is that they've all been fixed in the latest version of the script.  If the script does cause a freeze then I don't think there's anything you can do: if you disable the script then that won't take effect until you reload the page, which ends the game.
The Chrome extension was not updated, so it will cause Possession freeze if you have an avatar uploaded. I am currently working on a portable script that will work in both Chrome and Firefox so no porting will be necessary.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2013, 03:13:35 pm »

During the last few days I've played two games where Possession was played >3 times. I'm using the Chrome script with an uploaded avatar, and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

Thanks guys.

I haven't had freezes from cards, but twice after one of my opponents was disconnected, the game didn't end for me and I had to click "abandon game" (not "resign"). I'm not sure if it affected my rating. (I think both times, it was a 3 player game.)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »

I haven't had freezes from cards, but twice after one of my opponents was disconnected, the game didn't end for me and I had to click "abandon game" (not "resign"). I'm not sure if it affected my rating. (I think both times, it was a 3 player game.)

I've experienced similar in 2 player games today and yesterday.

After my opponent got disconnected, the log updated and declared me the winner, but the game screen never changed to the "You Win" screen.  It stayed stuck in the game.  Clicking "Resign" had no effect (there was no "Abandon Game" button).  My rating had adjusted correctly.

Goko Log Viewer 0.107
Chrome v26.0.1410.65
OSX 10.8.3

Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2013, 05:44:08 am »

I've experienced similar in 2 player games today and yesterday.

After my opponent got disconnected, the log updated and declared me the winner, but the game screen never changed to the "You Win" screen.  It stayed stuck in the game.  Clicking "Resign" had no effect (there was no "Abandon Game" button).  My rating had adjusted correctly.

Goko Log Viewer 0.107
Chrome v26.0.1410.65
OSX 10.8.3

Yep, same thing happened to me today (as you described it) with 2 player games also. Now I saw "resign". Not sure if my memory of seeing "abandon" is correct.

As long as the rating is adjusting correctly, I guess it's not a problem.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:45:11 am by Acher »

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

For custom avatars, anyone know an easy way to make a picture the right size to use? Thanks.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2013, 12:47:09 am »
+1

MS Paint

Pixlr

It should also help you auto-resize some pics

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2013, 02:14:04 am »
+1

The avatars scale with the rest of the game, so the exact size of the image you upload isn't too important.

For general image editing I like the GIMP.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2013, 04:27:02 am »
+1

Thanks very much to philosophy guy and anyone else responsible for the log and vp counter!!!

Acher

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2013, 11:57:51 pm »

In my game, the victory counter was off the end game log significantly. The counter said 22-21 in favor of Acher, while the log says 24-18 with Acher losing.

It might have been because of Masquerade?

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130520/log.5144f8dee4b0cf33e050e50d.1369108256903.txt

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:34 am »
+1

In my game, the victory counter was off the end game log significantly. The counter said 22-21 in favor of Acher, while the log says 24-18 with Acher losing.

It might have been because of Masquerade?

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130520/log.5144f8dee4b0cf33e050e50d.1369108256903.txt

Yes.  Because of Masquerade it cannot accurately track points with public information (this was true on the Isotropic point counter extension too)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2013, 07:44:28 pm »
+1

You know those guys who mash on the join icon so they rejoin your game the instant you kick them?  I love running into them now.  It's awesomely hilarious to watch them fight with the auto-kick.  :D

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2013, 03:05:25 am »

You know those guys who mash on the join icon so they rejoin your game the instant you kick them?  I love running into them now.  It's awesomely hilarious to watch them fight with the auto-kick.  :D
Maybe that are poor newbies who clicked on "Play now" and are wondering, why it is not working...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:40:09 am by yed »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2013, 04:19:13 am »

Maybe that are poor newbies who clicked on "Play now" and are wondering, why it is not working...

I think they actually click "Join Game" and receive the "You have been kicked" message, which is reasonably clear.  I do feel bad for players who are so new that they don't know what "5000+" means.

yed

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2013, 06:09:07 am »

I think they actually click "Join Game" and receive the "You have been kicked" message, which is reasonably clear.  I do feel bad for players who are so new that they don't know what "5000+" means.
I somehow forgot that there is that message.

Vermillion

• Baron
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
    • ISuckAtDominion (NSFW)
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 02:12:37 am »

Is it possible to view my previous games in this?
---------------------------------------------------
I Suck At Dominion. A NSFW and offensive Youtube channel of Recorded Dominion Games. It may give you cancer. http://bit.ly/1cvXLYL

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2013, 05:27:17 am »
+2

Is it possible to view my previous games in this?

Try here.

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:02 am »

I really like the new Kingdom selector, but I can't get it to recognize Worker's Village as a valid card name. I thought it might be something related to the apostrophe, but Workers Village and Workers' Village don't work either and Fool's Gold does.

Would also be nice if an error in the selection constraints would kick you back to try again, instead of launching a pure random game. Don't know if that's something you have any control over.

GwinnR

• Tactician
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:59 am »

Did you change something with the size or the resolution of the log? Because now the normal game window is zoomed in, so i don't see all of it. And if i zoom out manually the log is very small.
Or does someone know, how to change this?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2013, 02:23:28 am »
+1

Should this thread be locked maybe? I can't imagine what should be posted here rather than in the active, stickied User Extension thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.