Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Stratego I (Qvist's Turn)  (Read 14068 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Stratego I (Qvist's Turn)
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:15:00 am »

Quote from:  BGG Website
Stratego 4 is a game for 3 or 4 armies. The board is double sided according to the number of players. Secretly deploy your troops for the best advantage, and capture the fortress at the center of the board by getting your flag and one of your pieces there first.

People Playing/Turn Order:

1. liopoil
2. Archetype
3. Qvist
4. Jimmmmm

The Rules for Stratego 4 can be found here. I suggest you read them even if you're familiar with the original Stratego. The rules are quite different.

There, however, are some adaptions for PBF:

PBF RULES:

1. No outside communication. If you want to yell at someone for killing your 9 or strategize with another player, it's best to do it here. The only exception to this is when you're telling eachother they identity of your pieces.

2. No posting spreadsheet links. I'll explain more on this later, but don't post these links in-thread. If someone wants to spectate, feel free to send it to them.

3. Non players cannot post in-thread. They can '/tag' of course, but no commenting on a player's moves. Especially if you know all 4 of the player's boards. Kind of a no-brainer, but you never know.

4. Posting Moves. To post your move, simply go to your spreadsheet, look at the coordinates of the piece you want to move is on, the coordinates of the space you want to move it to, and then post them here in-thread. This should be done something like 'B5 to B4'. Players will then update their boards.

5. Posting in General. You should always, always post moves/updates/strategic planning/attacking in the color you choose (explained below). This is to make it much easier updating the spreadsheets and not having to remember which player has which color.

6. Attacking. When you move to a space already occupied by another player, you must PM each other the identity of your pieces. The owner of the piece of a lower value must then post in-thread "[insert number here] is dead". All players remove that piece from their board (by whiting it out) and then I'll update the game state.

7. Stay Up to Date. You're going to have to update your board frequently in this game, but you really only need to have it fully updated by the time that it's your turn. It's best to do it one by one from the oldest move to the most recent. In case you get behind, I'll be updating the 'Home Board' whenever I update mine. This should help keep everyone on track.

8. Play Fair. We are NOT having a mod for this game because I really don't think it's that necessary. Instead I except everyone to be honest about what there piece is. Which brings me into my next section...

9. It's just a game. Even though there is a lot of skill in the setup of the game and movement of the pieces, it's still a guessing game which means there is still a fair amount of luck. So don't feel too bad if you lose, and don't gloat too much if you win.  ;D

If you have any questions, PM Qvist or I. I've never played the game, but I've read several articles so I know how it plays, but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Qvist actually owns a copy.

"There are so many house-rules to Stratego, which ones are we using?"

Great question imaginary naive player!
We are playing with these modifications:

- When a player's piece has been seen by someone, the owner of the piece that figured out the opponent's piece may edit the name of that piece to their spreadsheet. This is to reduce the need for a good memory.

- 2's (Scouts) can move until they reach an unpassable space up, down, left, or right.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:39:35 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Stratgo I (4 Player!) Pick your Color
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:15:19 am »

Setup

This is arguably the most important part of the game, so I'll walk you through it.

1. Pick your Color!

Colors to choose from:
Brown
Red
Orange

Yellow
Green

Light Blue
Dark Blue

Purple
Pink

First come, first serve basis. Just post your color preference in-thread.

2. Make your board!

Go to Googledocs -> Create -> Spreadsheet.

Random.org is our spot picker for today.

Archetype: South
liopoil: East
Jimmmmm: North
Qvist: West

Try to make it look like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AodI01XhRvYKdGJlRFZpWC1lU0Q2QXFMRGxCeC1TOXc#gid=0.

-15x15 Grid
- Make sure it's in the top left-hand corner
- Black out the areas I blacked out
- Put the Castle in the center square
- Fill in a player's color as they choose it.

Colors:

Unpassable: Black
Passable: White
Castle: Grey
Archetype: Green
Qvist: Orange
liopoil: Blue
Jimmmmm: Red
Recruitment Space: Slightly different shade of that player's color. Put it in the same spot as is shown on the Home Board.
Flag Bearer: Darkly outlined space. Get him! Put it in the same spot as is shown on the Home Board.

Don't put words in yet. That'll be the next step.

3. Place your pieces.

In Stratego 4, these are the pieces that you can place:

1x 9 (Marshal)
1x 8 (General)
2x 7 (Major)
3x 6 (Captain) [can move 2 spaces]
3x 5 (Lieutenant)
3x 4 (Sergant)
4x 3 (Scout) [can move any number of spaces]
1x 2 (Spy) [Beats Marshal when attacking]
2x 1 (Cannon) [can kill anything exactly 3 spaces away in a straight line. Dies after]

Each piece can only occupy one space and is shown by inputting that pieces number/letter into one of your colored cells in the spreadsheet. You can swap these numbers as much as you want during setup, but must stop once the game has begun.

To quickly clear up some things

Flag:

- Get the guy with the flag to the center grey spot to win.
- If the unit dies with the flag, another unit (NOT the same color as the flag) without a flag can pick it up and get a free recruitment.
- You can use your turn to move the flag one space to one of your adjacent units.
- Units with the flag can move a maximum of one space each turn.

Recruitment:

- For every 6 units you kill, you must immediately get back a dead unit and place it on your color's recruitment space
- If you have no dead units or your color's recruitment space is occupied, the recruitment is forfeited.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:17:49 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:15:31 am »

Game State

Turn Order:

1. liopoil
2. Archetye
3. Qvist
4. Jimmmmm

Archetype:

None Dead!

Qvist:

x1 3

Jimmmmm:

None Dead!

liopoil:

None Dead!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:59:09 pm by Archetype »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:56 am »

first! I choose Blue! boom, I win.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:47:39 am »

I'm not opposite from you arch, I'm to the right of you.

Is it okay if I make my spreadsheet with me (east), at the bottom?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:50:47 am »

Is it okay if I make my spreadsheet with me (east), at the bottom?
No, you should probably stay at the east. I mean I guess you can, but you would have to post your moves as if your pieces were in the east. So it'd be easier for both you and everyone else playing if you had them in the east.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:55:58 am by Archetype »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:57:02 am »

oh, right, yes.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 12:05:56 pm »

I'll take Red. I'll also read the rules tomorrow.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:08:32 pm »

okay, made my spreadsheet.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (4 Player!) Pick your Color
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 11:03:20 pm »

Awesome!

Looks like we just need Qvist.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 03:46:56 am »

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Qvist actually owns a copy.

A friend of mine does, I only have the original one. And it's a long time sine I've played it the last time.

- 2's (Scouts) can move only one space.

Why? I don't feel that this is a great modification.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 03:48:25 am »

I take Orange.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 03:52:49 am »

For reference:

1x 9 Marshal
1x 8 General
2x 7 Major
3x 6 Captain (can move 2 spaces)
3x 5 Lieutenant
3x 4 Sergant
4x 3 Scout
1x 2 Spy
2x 1 Cannon (can shoot up to 3 spaces away)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 05:10:21 am »

FYI my parents had a copy of the original when I was really young, but I don't think we ever played it properly, so this is essentially my first game of any incarnation.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 07:13:04 am »

I need clarification on a few rules points.

"The flag is placed on whichever piece occupies the flag start space."
Where is the flag start space? This is different from the recruitment space in the centre of each player's starting area right?

"The castle consists of two areas each of which counts as one space: the outer ring and the central turret. Only one piece can stand on the outer ring at one time. Each piece can move between the outer ring and any of the surrounding board spaces, or from these spaces to an unoccupied outer ring."
I don't understand. The castle is the grey square in the centre of the board, right? Does that mean there is another space inside the grey space?

"Cannon fire at occupied spaces exactly three spaces distant in a straight line. The two spaces over which a cannon fires may not be occupied nor can they be part of the castle. Fire is allowed over lakes."
Does this mean the Cannon can only shoot someone if they are exactly 3 space away, or at most 3 spaces? Are the black unpassable spaces considered lakes for this purpose?

"If a piece captures a rival flag by removing its carrier, the owner may recruit. The same applies to retrieving a voluntarily abandoned flag, but not to a flag lost to a cannon shot or lost as a result of mutual destruction."
Does this mean you're allowed to spend every second turn abandoning your flag and the other turns recapturing your flag in order to recruit?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 07:27:49 am »

"The flag is placed on whichever piece occupies the flag start space."
Where is the flag start space? This is different from the recruitment space in the centre of each player's starting area right?
The space behind it. So, H1, A8, O8, H15 are those spaces.

"The castle consists of two areas each of which counts as one space: the outer ring and the central turret. Only one piece can stand on the outer ring at one time. Each piece can move between the outer ring and any of the surrounding board spaces, or from these spaces to an unoccupied outer ring."
I don't understand. The castle is the grey square in the centre of the board, right? Does that mean there is another space inside the grey space?
Spaces G7, H7, I7, G8, I8, G9, H9, I9 build the Castle space. This is really only one space. H8 is the Tower. This is the space wher you have to bring the flag to.

"Cannon fire at occupied spaces exactly three spaces distant in a straight line. The two spaces over which a cannon fires may not be occupied nor can they be part of the castle. Fire is allowed over lakes."
Does this mean the Cannon can only shoot someone if they are exactly 3 space away, or at most 3 spaces? Are the black unpassable spaces considered lakes for this purpose?
The 4 3-space wide spaces in black in the spreadsheet are lakes. I think it's exactly 3 spaces.

"If a piece captures a rival flag by removing its carrier, the owner may recruit. The same applies to retrieving a voluntarily abandoned flag, but not to a flag lost to a cannon shot or lost as a result of mutual destruction."
Does this mean you're allowed to spend every second turn abandoning your flag and the other turns recapturing your flag in order to recruit?
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Oh man, I really need the official rules. I think this all only applies with rival flags. But I have to check that.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 07:59:33 am »

Spaces G7, H7, I7, G8, I8, G9, H9, I9 build the Castle space. This is really only one space. H8 is the Tower. This is the space wher you have to bring the flag to.

Oh okay. So for example you could move from J9 into the Castle one turn, and then from the Castle into F7 the next turn?

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Oh man, I really need the official rules. I think this all only applies with rival flags. But I have to check that.

Yeah, it doesn't seem right, but that's what you get from a literal interpretation of the rules as written. I guess the rule should be if you pick up a flag abandoned by someone else you can recruit. But that still allows for two players to team up and and repeatedly pick up and abandon a flag to each recruit every second turn.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:06:49 am »

Oh okay. So for example you could move from J9 into the Castle one turn, and then from the Castle into F7 the next turn?

Correct.

Yeah, it doesn't seem right, but that's what you get from a literal interpretation of the rules as written. I guess the rule should be if you pick up a flag abandoned by someone else you can recruit. But that still allows for two players to team up and and repeatedly pick up and abandon a flag to each recruit every second turn.

It's definitely not "abandoned" because it should reward stealing (by battle) other player's flags.
Teaming up is a general issue, if 3 players team up against the fourth player, there's no way for him. And if 2 players team up against 2 other players, they really need to team up too. But then they could do the same thing. If you all don't want to allow alliances then we need a house rule for that.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 08:10:02 am »

Also, as reference. Maybe this helps:

But, the piece with the flag is on the wrong space. It should be one more behind.

Another thing which is missing in the rules, is (I think) that you can also pass a flag to an adjacent piece.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 08:10:05 am »

If you're trading a flag back and forth there is a seroious temptation to stab...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:07 am »

I'm happy to allow teaming up if everyone else is.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 08:18:46 am »

I'm fine with it. Jimmmmm, wanna team up on arch and qvist? :D we should consider if we should allow PMs, or if all negotiating should be done in this thread.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 08:22:11 am »

Let's do it! maybe

I'd lean towards doing it all in-thread. If you were playing IRL you probably wouldn't walk off and start whispering to each other.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 08:23:24 am »

I'm fine with teamups, but please in-thread. This isn't Diplomacy.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 09:45:57 am »

I approve teamups, but yeah only in thread. Thats why I had the no PMs rule.

Thanks for clarifying some things, Qvist. And we can have the unlimited Scout movement if everyone wants to.

I'll update the Home Board and OP when I can get back on, but I suggest making your spreadsheet before I return. Then making any modifications that I make on the Home Board (like the flag movement/recruitment space).

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:26 am »

And we can have the unlimited Scout movement if everyone wants to.

Unless anyone gives a good reason against it, I really want to keep it. I don't want to give strategy tips away, but there are some really good reasons for this rule.
Also, any piece with the flag can only go one space, either way.

My board is ready, btw.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (4 Player!) Finish your Board!
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:19 am »

Yeah, scouts can move as far as they want. that's part of the rules, right? plus it's fun and I don't see why not.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 03:57:52 pm »

my board is ready. and I'm good with no PMs. Also, so if I attack Qvist I PM him what I attacked with? Jimmmmm and arch don't get to know?

Yes Qvist, I'm already planning to attack you!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »

I get the sense that all 9 squares around the central square are one territory, the outer ring.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »

I get the sense that all 9 squares around the central square are one territory, the outer ring.
Correct.

Also, so if I attack Qvist I PM him what I attacked with? Jimmmmm and arch don't get to know?
Yep. And then he replies with his piece. And then whoever had the lowest piece posts this:

[Insert Name of Piece Here] is killed!

And making it their color as well. I'll reflect the Game State to show that too.

Also, any piece with the flag can only go one space, either way.
Aw, thanks. This is why I didn't want Scouts. So people can't rush it up there like that.

You can exchange the flag on your turn, right? Just use your turn to move it to an adjacent player?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

Don't know if Jimmmmm has made his board, but if he hasn't he needs to!

I'll update the Home Board with what's common knowledge. Please check this spreadsheet frequently in case I change something so that we're all on the same page.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 07:49:06 pm »

Also, any space with a 'X' is a recruitment space.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 07:54:30 pm »

Also, any space with a 'X' is a recruitment space.
Err actually, nevermind.

Darkly Outlined Space: Flag Bearer

Different Shade of player's Color: Recruitment Space

That'll look a lot nicer in the spreadsheet and will make the flag bearer catch your eye better

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »

Not yet. I will sometime today.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »

Not yet. I will sometime today.
No rush!

I added the recruitment counter to the Home Board. You don't have to add all of them to your board (I only added mine).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (4 Player!) Place Units!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »

Might as well get the unit placing started, you could have already. :P

You may now begin placing your units on your colors on your spreadsheet (Please double check the Home Board to make sure your's looks nearly identical). Look back at the rules about placing units, and you may PM me if you have any questions. It's better to be safe than sorry even if you're a little unsure about something, because once the game starts there is no switching units.

Until the game starts, NO POSTING in the thread except to say that you are done with setting up your units. Once everyone has their units setup, the game will start. No hard deadline of when you should be done with setting up your units, but please don't exceed 72 hours.

Good Luck!

(Qvist: Could you please check the general rules in the OP(s) to make sure I didn't forget anything vital about the game? Please PM me if you notice something is missing, and I'll change it right away. Thanks!)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 09:48:49 pm »

Oh, I did this a while ago. I'm all set.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »

Oh, I did this a while ago. I'm all set.
Haha, thought someone would. But that's fine, you're just going to have to wait a little bit for us to finish. :P

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 08:36:58 pm »

2x 1 (Cannon) [can shoot up to 3 spaces away. Dies after]

I think it's exactly 3 spaces.

Is Cannon up to 3 or exactly 3?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:48 pm »

I asked Qvist, but no answer.

I'll see if I can find out something about it, one second.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 09:16:49 pm »

It's Exactly. And it has to be in a straight line. I'll go update that in the OP.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 09:19:38 pm »

I think it's exactly, but I haven't got in touch with the original rulebook yet unfortunately.
But yeah, it has to be a straight line.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 08:10:24 am »

waiting for jimmmmm?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:53 pm »

waiting for jimmmmm?
Yep. Everyone has confirmed except him.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:51 pm »

ignore this. /tag
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 04:12:27 am »

Hey sorry guys, I thought my board was ready but I lost the file. Should be good to go sometime in the next 6-8 hours, as I don't have time right now. Sorry again!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

Well what do you know. It was in my other account all along. That's what I get for doing non-uni related things at uni. I have no idea if what I have is any good, but I'm good to go.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:50 am »

Cool! so who goes first?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:57 am »

Cool! so who goes first?
You will, I think. I have to doublecheck the Game State post.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 11:58:11 am »

M10-L10

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 11:58:47 am »

Whoo movement.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »

Umm, can we change the order of play to clockwise?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

yeah, it actually says in the rules that play proceeds clockwise.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 12:03:52 pm »

The order we have at the moment is pretty Bastardly.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:55 pm »

Ah, ok. That makes more sense.
I'll go update it now.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »

It's also your turn now.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »

It's also your turn now.
yes, but I'm on mobile. I'll take my turn/update the homeboard when I get home.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 05:00:19 pm »

bump

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

bump
Thanks so much!

I feel like I should apologize. I've been very busy this week, and you wouldn't think I couldn't find the time to simply post a move, but I had to take care of the Mafia stuff, Resistance, etc. Anyways, here now. Sorry for the wait you guys and for being a bit of a hypocrite by saying I want this to be a fast game. :P

I'll quickly check my sheet, and then I'll get my move right out to you guys. Sorry again!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »

okay!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 07:34:16 pm »

F13 to F12

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:36 pm »

F13 to F12

Home Board is updated. Please make sure to triple check your boards. The worst thing that could happen is someone's board being even slightly off from the start.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (Qvist's Turn)
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 09:35:10 am »

C5 - E5

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2013, 10:12:55 am »

K3 - K4

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (liopoil's Turn)
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2013, 07:03:15 pm »

Home Board Updated

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2013, 07:18:55 pm »

M6-L6

so we can assume the piece Qvist moved is a 6 or 3?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:31 pm »

M6-L6

so we can assume the piece Qvist moved is a 6 or 3?
Yes.

Feel free to theory talk here, strategize, WIFOMing, etc. Just no PMing.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »

H13 - H12

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 07:25:23 pm »

okay. Guys, I plan on starting it out peaceful, shuffling my pieces around to L6-L10, and filling in up front, leaving most of the O's empty.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (Jimmmmm's Turn)
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 08:24:38 pm »

Strategy talk in colour?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2013, 08:25:44 pm »

Wait, isn't it Qvist's turn?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:22 pm »

Strategy talk in colour?

Sure!

Wait, isn't it Qvist's turn?

Er, yes. You're right.

I think I'm going to try and rush my 9 to the center and then use my scouts to figure out where your guys' Spies and 9s are at.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:14 pm »

colorstrategytalkcolorcolor

I was going to rush a 6 to the center, but decided not to. I think Qvist might be doing that.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2013, 09:01:45 pm »

I think Qvist is going to try to take out my E3, not realising that it's my Marshal.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »

doubt it.

who did you guys choose as your flag-bearer? I chose my spy.

I'm unsure what the best use of cannons is. do shoot at the first opportunity? or do I stay back and wait until I can shoot the flag-bearer or marshal?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »

I went with a Cannon as my flag bearer. Seems like the most logical choice.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2013, 03:20:51 am »

E5 - E4

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2013, 06:09:57 am »

I3 - I4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »

M8-L8

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »

H12 - J12

Home Board is updated

The Cannons are pretty interesting a very much needed substitute to the Bombs. I'm interested in seeing how they'll play out.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:05 pm »

E4 x I4

(I don't think a PM is needed)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2013, 05:54:42 pm »

E4 x I4

(I don't think a PM is needed)
Yes, but he still needs to PM you what his guy is.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Stratego I (Jimmmmm's Turn. Was Attacked: Jimmmmm)
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »

PM sent (I won).

E3-E4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2013, 08:13:39 pm »

Jimmmmm's recruitment counter is at 1/6 now right? or does he need to be the attacker for that?

O8-N8

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2013, 08:45:30 pm »

Jimmmmm's recruitment counter is at 1/6 now right? or does he need to be the attacker for that?

O8-N8
I think he gets the points.

13i - 12i

All Updated

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2013, 03:03:35 am »

C6 - D6

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2013, 04:08:26 am »

H3 - H4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »

N8-M8

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2013, 06:00:17 pm »

i14-i13

Updated.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:59 am »

C7 - D7

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:34 am »

H1 - H2

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »

M9-L9

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2013, 11:07:38 pm »

15H-14H

All Updated

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2013, 02:10:10 am »

C10 - D10

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2013, 10:38:58 pm »

Home Board Updated

mail-mi, or anyone else who's spectating: If you want my personal board, feel free to PM me and I'll send you the link. I can't promise anything for the other three, but they'll most likely send you theirs too if you ask.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

so mail-mi, wanna tell me what everyone else's pieces are? :D

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2013, 04:00:09 pm »

Sure, arches got his REDACTED on REDACTED, that should make him lose for sure!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »

Bump!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:04 am »

Sorry. H2 - H3

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2013, 09:11:20 am »

N9-M9

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2013, 11:26:25 am »

H14-H13

All Updated.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2013, 04:45:54 pm »

D10 - E10

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2013, 10:48:21 pm »

Updated.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2013, 04:15:38 am »

I4 - J4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2013, 08:14:27 pm »

M9-M10

(edit to add color)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2013, 09:46:40 am »

Sorry for the delay.

H13-H12

All Updated

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2013, 09:57:26 am »

B7 - C7

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2013, 07:48:18 pm »

Updated!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2013, 11:31:28 pm »

H3 - I3

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:30 am »

M7-M6

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »

G13-G12

All Updated

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2013, 09:18:56 pm »

C7 - C6

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2013, 09:20:34 pm »

It's Jimmmmmy's turn!  :)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »

I3 - I4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2013, 03:32:15 pm »

N7-M7

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

J12-J11

Updated.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2013, 04:56:16 am »

C9 - D9

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2013, 06:35:05 am »

J4 - J5

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

M7-L7

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »

J13-J12

Updated.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2013, 03:20:55 pm »

B10 - C10

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:32 pm »

I can't access spreadsheets by mobile, so I'll have to take my turn when I get home.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »

it's jimmmmm's turn, not yours.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2013, 12:30:20 pm »

it's jimmmmm's turn, not yours.
Oh yeah.

Or I guess I should say, I can't access my personal spreadsheet. I can access the group one because the link's in the OP, but it'd be a pain to update not on a computer.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »

Bump!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2013, 02:31:48 am »

Sorry! Last time I checked it still said Qvist's turn.

I4 - J4

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:09 pm »

It's all good!
Updated.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »

M5-L5

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »

G14-G13
All Updated.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2013, 09:29:32 am »

A8 - B8

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2013, 12:00:31 pm »

J5 - K5

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

M6-M5

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

arch/qvist, wanna make sure Jimmmmm doesn't rush his flag to the center?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:40 pm »

Shh!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »

As long as you don't try to stop mine

J11-J9
;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:28:04 pm by Archetype »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »

cool. Qvist, wanna announce what K5 is? (obviously he is allowed to lie about that right?)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

cool. Qvist, wanna announce what K5 is? (obviously he is allowed to lie about that right?)

I would think he can. We just don't have to believe him.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2013, 08:20:50 pm »

E10 - F10

I'm not that worried currently.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2013, 08:27:56 pm »

J4 - J5

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

hmmmm.... N6-M6

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 01:46:14 pm »

J12-J11

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 01:53:50 pm »

C8 - C7

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

K4 - J4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:38 am »

here we go:

L6-J6

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2013, 12:22:05 pm »

I13-J13

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »

D6 - E6

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »

bump

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2013, 11:21:16 pm »

Sorry again. I only have internet access at work at the moment and I haven't really had a chance to have a proper look at this. I should be able to tomorrow.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2013, 08:27:56 pm »

K2 - K4

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »

J6-outer ring of castle

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

J6-outer ring of castle
So that means it is a 6?

I12-J12

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2013, 04:06:51 am »

B8-C8

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2013, 11:49:18 am »

J6-outer ring of castle
So that means it is a 6?

I12-J12

yes, it's a 6.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2013, 03:19:19 am »

K5 - K6

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:49 am »

L5 attack J5

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:32 am »

My piece wins.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

What was lio's piece?

H12-I12

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »

A 3.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:54 pm »

yup.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »

Well, um.

Unless someone wants to switch in, I think we're just waiting. And if Qvist came back to see that someone had taken his place, I'd feel really bad.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2013, 01:36:32 pm »

Well, um.

Unless someone wants to switch in, I think we're just waiting. And if Qvist came back to see that someone had taken his place, I'd feel really bad.
I would, except I'm going on my trip next week.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »

Well, um.

...and that you have the links to our spreadsheets...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:16 pm »

Well, um.

...and that you have the links to our spreadsheets...
I think that would give MM a slight advantage.

I guess we should just wait for Qvist?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2013, 01:24:11 pm »

replacement, anyone? mail-mi has a screenshot of your board for you to use to make a new spreadsheet...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2013, 03:00:50 pm »

bump?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2013, 03:51:29 am »

Sorry for my sudden disappearence. Anyone still interested in this?

C6 - D6

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2013, 03:56:47 am »

Oh goodness, this has been a while.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2013, 04:18:37 am »

:-\

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2013, 05:32:38 am »

Sorry, not a critism. :) Glad you're back.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2013, 07:56:41 am »

Sorry, not a critism. :) Glad you're back.

Yeah, I know. Still I feel bad about all the games.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2013, 10:48:01 am »

Yeah I've sort of lost interest as well. Hard to get back into the game after so long. But no hard feelings, Qvist!

Do you guys want to end it?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2013, 02:01:19 pm »

I'd like to keep playing, if jimmm/arch still want to.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:06 pm »

I'd like to keep playing, if jimmm/arch still want to.

I'd continue to play this if there's still interest.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 4.329 seconds with 19 queries.