Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 78785 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "No-one wants to end it" (Day 3, Turn 5, Watno's turn)
« Reply #1150 on: June 10, 2013, 02:53:42 pm »

You are aware that I most probably lost due to having a lot of wounds? (I stopped keeping track at some point)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 10, 2013, 03:02:33 pm »

I'm really not sure what the final count is going to be.  You're a good 15 points up on me before counting decks.  That'd be 6 wounds...and of course there are spells, artifacts, and advanced actions which could counter some of that or add to it.  I think I have more of those than you do, or at least a comparable number.  I think this will be close, but I could be way off.  I have not been paying close enough attention to everyone else's decks to know.  I know you had way fewer wounds than I expected earlier when I actually went back and counted.

BUT, I still think you frequently made good use of going earlier in turn order.  I think I made more out of my turns, but you took several more turns than I did.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:35 pm »

I think I made more out of my turns, but you took several more turns than I did.
So if you guys tied on fame, you win right?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "No-one wants to end it" (Day 3, Turn 5, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #1153 on: June 11, 2013, 07:11:35 pm »

End of Game

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 68 / Norowas: 85 / Tovak: 87 / Arythea: 109
Influence: Goldyx: -1 / Norowas: -1 / Tovak: 3 / Arythea: X

Advanced Actions:
empty
empty
empty

Spells:
Underground Travel / Underground Attack Move by up to 3 revealed spaces on the map. You may not move to or through swamps or lakes this way, and you must end your move on a safe space. Moving this way does not provoke rampaging enemies. /// Same as the basic effect, except you have to end you move on a fortified site (or on a space occupied by another player). It ends your movement and counts as an assault (or as an attack on that player). Ignore site fortifications. If withdrawing after the combat, return to your original position.
Mind Read / Mind Steal Choose a color. Gain a crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory. Each other player must discard a Spell or Action card of that color from their hand, or reveal their hand to show that they have none. /// Same as the basic effect. In addition to that, you may decide to permanently steal one of the Action cards (not Spells) discarded this way and put it into your hand.
Energy Flow / Energy Steal Ready a Unit. If you do, you may spend one Unit of level II or less in each other player's Unit area. /// Ready a Unit. If you do, that Unit also gets Healed, and you may spend one unit of level III or less in each other player's Unit area.

Units:
empty
empty
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Altem Guardians Cost 11 / Level 4 / Armour 7 / Recruitable in City / Attack 5 /// Block 8. An enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness. /// All units you control gain all resistances this turn.
Utem Swordsmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.

Monastery Advanced Actions
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Healing Ritual Once a Round, except in combat: Flip this to throw away up to two Wounds from your hand. One of them goes to the hand of the closest hero (if tied, you choose) instead of to the Wound pile.
Night Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged attack 1 (durng the Day), or Ranged attack 2 (during the Night)
Cold Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Ice attack 2
Forward March Once a turn: Get Move 1 for each Ready and Unwounded Unit you control, to maximum of Move 3
Who Needs Magic? Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If you use no die from the source this turn, it gives +3 instead.
I Feel No Pain Once a turn, except in combat: Discard one wound from hand. If you do, draw a new card.         
Polarization Once a turn: You can use one mana as a mana of the opposite color (red<->blue, white<->green, gold<->black). During the Day, you could use a black mana as any color other than black (not to power the stronger effect of spells). At Night, you could use a gold mana as black to power the stronger effect of a Spell, but not as any other color.
White Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a white mana token
Green Crystal Craft Once a round: Flip this to gain a blue crystal to your Inventory and a green mana token
Day Sharpshooting Once a turn: Ranged Attack 2 (during the Day), or Ranged attack 1 (at Night)
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a white mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.      
Glittering Fortune Once a turn, during interaction: Get Influence 1 for each different color crystal in your Inventory. This Influence cannot be used outside of interaction.
Freezing Powers Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Ice Siege Attack 1
Dark Fire Magic Once a Round: Flip this to gain one red crystal to your inventory, and one red or one black mana token.                           

Mana Source (frozen):
Blue / Blue / Blue / Red / Red / White (claimed)

Map:

Norowas (theorel):
Level 9 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 7 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/29 / Tactics: 1: Early Bird
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White, White, White, Red, Red, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
         Leadership Once a turn: When activating a Unit, add +3 to its Block, or +2 to its Attack. or +1 to its Ranged (not Siege) Attack, regardless of its elements.
         Bonds of Loyalty When you gain this Skill, add two Regular Units to the Units offer. Put this Skill in you Unit area as a Command token. It costs 5 less Influence (minimum 0) to recruit a Unit under this Command token. This Unit can be used even when the use of Units would normally not be allowed. You cannot disband this Unit.
         Dark Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 2 (during the Day), or Influence 3 (at Night).
Units (5/5+1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 Red Cape Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 4
                 Catapults Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Siege Attack 3 /// Siege Fire Attack 5 /// Siege Ice Attack 5
                 Bonds of Loyalty: Altem Mages Cost 12 / Level 4 / Armour 5 (Fire and Ice Resistance) / Recruitable in City / Gain 2 mana tokens of any colors /// Cold Fire attack or Cold Fire Block 5. You can pay a blue or red mana to increase this to 7, or pay both to increase this to 9. /// Pay a black mana: Choose one: All attacks you play this combat become Cold Fire Attacks, or all your attacks become Siege Attacks in addition to any elements they have.
                 -> with Banner of Glory Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1 and +1 to any attacks or blocks it makes. Whenever this unit attacks or blocks, fame +1 /// Units you control get armor +1 and +1 to any attacks or blocks the make this turn. Fame +1 for each unit that attacks or blocks this turn.
                 Fire Mages Cost 9 / Level 3 / Armour 4 (Fire Resistance) / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Ranged Fire Attack 3 /// Fire Attack or Fire Block 6 /// Gain a red mana token and a red crystal to your Inventory.

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 8 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 6 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 1/6/17 / Tactics: 2: Rethink When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.
Crystals: Blue, Blue, Red, Red, White, Green
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
         Flight Once a Round: Flip this to move to an adjacent space for free, or to move two spaces for 2 Move points. You must end this move in a safe space. This move does not provoke rampaging enemies.
         Shield Mastery Once a turn: Block 3, or Fire block 2, or Ice block 2
         Source Freeze Once a Round: Put this skill token in the Source. While it is there other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die) then take this token back and flip it.
Units (3/4): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
                 Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4
                 -> with Banner of Fear Assign this to a unit you control. During the block phase of combat, you may spend this unit to cancel one attack. If you do, fame +1. /// Skip the block and damage assigning phases of this combat.

Arythea (Watno):
Level 10 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 7 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/7/19 / Tactics: 5: Great Start You may immediately draw 2 cards.
Crystals: White, White, Red, Green, Blue
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.
         Burning Power Once a turn: Siege Attack 1, or Fire Siege Attack 1.
         Hot Swordsmanship Once a turn: Attack 2, or Fire Attack 2.
         Invocation Once a turn: Discard a Wound card to gain a red or black mana token, or discard a non-wound card to gain a white or green mana token. You must spend a mana token gained this way immediately, or you cannot use the ability.
         Dark Paths Once a turn: Move 1 (during the Day), or Move 2 (at Night)
Units (1/5): Peasants (wounded) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 9 / Armour 4 / Hand Limit 7 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/0/25 / Tactics: 6: The Right Moment One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                                 
Crystals: Green, Green, Blue, Blue, Red, White
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)
         Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
         I Don't Give a Damn Once a turn: One card played sideways gives you +2 instead of +1. If it's an advanced action, spell or artifact, it gives +3 instead.
         Prayer of Weather Once a Round: Put this Skill token in the center. Until start of your next turn, the Move cost of all terrain is reduced by 2 for you (to a minimum of 1), and is increased by 1 for all other players (to a maximum of 5). Then take this token back and flip it.
Units (4/5): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2
                 Utem Guardsmen Cost 5 / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack 2 /// Block 4. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness.
                 Amotep Freezers Cost 8 / Level 3 / Armour 6 / Recruitable in Keep or City / Attack or Block 5 /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and it gets Armor -3 (to a minimum of 1).
                 -> with Banner of Protection Assign this to a unit you control. The assigned unit gets armor +1, fire resistance and ice resistance. /// At the end of your turn, you may throw away all wounds you received this turn.
                 Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitabke in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
                 -> with Banner of Courage Assign this to a unit you control. Once a round, except during combat, you may flip this card face down to ready this unit. At the beginning of a round, flip it face up again. /// You may play this any time other than combat to ready all units you control.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:13:36 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:52 pm »

End Game Scoring:

1.) Fame
Jorbles: 68 / theorel: 85 / pospofctown: 87 / Watno: 109

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:33 pm »

2.) The Greatest Knowledge
Jorbles: 1 Spell, 5 Advanced Actions = 1*2+5 = 7
theorel: 3 Spells, 10 Advanced Actions = 3*2+10 = 16
popsofctown: 2 Spells, 8 Advanced Actions = 2*2+8 = 12
Watno: 2 Spells, 5 Advanced Actions = 2*2+5 = 9
Greatest Knowledge (3 Bonus Points): theorel

Jorbles: 75 / theorel: 104 / pospofctown: 99 / Watno: 118

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 11, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

3.) The Greatest Loot
Jorbles: 3 Artifacts, 6 Crystals = 3*2+6/2 = 9
theorel: 4 Artifacts, 8 Crystals = 4*2+8/2 = 12
popsofctown: 5 Artifacts, 6 Crystals = 5*2+6/2 = 13
Watno: 2 Artifacts, 5 Crystals = 2*2+5/2 = 6
Greatest Loot (3 Bonus Points): popsofctown

Jorbles: 84 / theorel: 116 / pospofctown: 115 / Watno: 124
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:55:35 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 11, 2013, 07:36:12 pm »

4.) The Greatest Leader
Jorbles: 2 Lvl 2 Units = 4
theorel: 1 Lvl 1 Unit, 1 Lvl 2 Unit, 2 Lvl 3 Units, 1 Lvl 4 Unit = 1+2+2*3+4 = 13
popsofctown: 1 Lvl 1 Unit, 2 Lvl 2 Units, 1 Lvl 3 Unit = 1+2*2+3 = 8
Watno: 1 Lvl Unit (wounded) = 1/2 = 0
Greatest Leader (3 Bonus Points): theorel

Jorbles: 88 / theorel: 132 / pospofctown: 123 / Watno: 124
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:55:27 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 11, 2013, 07:44:19 pm »

5.) The Greatest Conqueror
Jorbles: 1 Monastery, 1 Keep, 1 Mage Tower = 3*2 = 6
theorel: 1 Monastery, 2 Keeps, 1 Mage Tower = 4*2 = 8
popsofctown: Nothing = 0
Watno: 2 Monasteries, 1 Keep, 2 Mage Towers = 5*2 = 10
Greatest Conqueror (3 Bonus Points): Watno

Jorbles: 94 / theorel: 140 / pospofctown: 123 / Watno: 137
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:55:20 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 11, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »

6.) The Greatest Adventurer
Jorbles: 1 Monster Den, 1 Dungeon, 1 Ancient Ruins, 1 Spawning Grounds = 4*2 = 8
theorel: 1 Dungeon, 1 Spawning Grounds, 1 Tomb = 3*2 = 6
popsofctown: 3 Ancient Ruins, 1 Tomb = 4*2 = 8
Watno: 1 Monster Den, 1 Ancient Ruins = 2*2 = 4
Greatest Adventurer (Tie, 1 Bonus Point): Jorbles, popsofctown

Jorbles: 103 / theorel: 146 / pospofctown: 132 / Watno: 141

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »

7.) The Greatest Beating
Jorbles: No Wounds = 0
theorel: No Wounds = 0
popsofctown: No Wounds = 0
Watno: 10 Wounds = -2*10 = -20
Greatest Beating (-3 Penalty): Watno

Jorbles: 103 / theorel: 146 / pospofctown: 132 / Watno: 118

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 11, 2013, 08:03:00 pm »

8.) The Greatest City Leader
Jorbles: No City = 0
theorel: 1 City Leader = 7
popsofctown: 1 City Leader, 1 City Contributor = 7+4 = 11
Watno: 2 City Leaders = 2*7 = 14
Greatest City Leader (5 Bonus Points): Watno

Jorbles: 103 / theorel: 153 / pospofctown: 143 / Watno: 137

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:22 pm »

Final Score

1.) theorel 153
2.) popsofctown 143
3.) Watno 137
4.) Jorbles 103

Congrats, theorel

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)
« Reply #1163 on: June 11, 2013, 11:56:25 pm »

Congrats theorel, well played!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:42 am »

Yay!
I can't believe watno had 10 wounds.  That's way more than I expected.

Also, just out of curiosity...deck size compared to artifacts, spells, and advanced actions:
My deck was 31 cards, with 16 "improved" +1 banner. (15 normal)
pops had 25 cards, with 13 "improved" + 2 banners (12 normal)
Watno had 33 cards with 9 "improved" (and 10 wounds, so 14 normal)
Jorbles had 24 cards with 8 "improved" +1 banner. (16 normal)

I found having no Once a Turn skills* and no "versatility" skills to be annoying.  I kept looking at you guys playing a card as anything or having free attack, or even just free move, and feeling like I was 100% dependent on my hand.  I'm wondering if this was actually a weakness of the skills I chose/Norowas or if it just felt like a weakness.  Maybe it just felt like it given that I won in the end...but I chose wolfhawk in III in part because of the once a turn skills.

*I had Leadership, but it required me to exhaust a unit, so I don't count that as once a turn...given limitations of units.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 12, 2013, 09:47:00 am »

Congratz. DElaying the game doesn't seem to have helped, but I had to take the chance :(
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.