Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 77600 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Darkness covers the land" (Night 1, Turn 2, pops' turn)
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

It might prove foolish

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »

You are forcing your luck.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:54 pm »

I'm confused, why would you say I'm forcing my luck when I pulled such an easy monster?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2013, 08:19:40 pm »

I use my green crystal to use Concentration, performing a concentrated Swiftness.
That deals 5 ranged damage to the Minotaur, killing him effortlessly.

I use my Archers for block 3 and play Stamina sideways for block 1 to block the orc.  Then I play Rage+ promise sideways for attack 3 to kill the orc.

That should leave me with nothing in my hand, yeah?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 19, 2013, 08:34:48 pm »

I'm confused, why would you say I'm forcing my luck when I pulled such an easy monster?

I said this and then revealed the monsters, it wasn't related to them.

I use my green crystal to use Concentration, performing a concentrated Swiftness.
That deals 5 ranged damage to the Minotaur, killing him effortlessly.

I use my Archers for block 3 and play Stamina sideways for block 1 to block the orc.  Then I play Rage+ promise sideways for attack 3 to kill the orc.

That should leave me with nothing in my hand, yeah?

Yeah. You level up and get an Artifact (send you a PM in a second).

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2013, 08:44:10 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 7 / Tovak: 10 / Arythea: 14
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/8 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/2): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/6 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 2 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 7/5/5 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, White, Green
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 2 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 9 (1)/5/3 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

skill offer, now that I selected an artifact?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

level 3 gives you another unit to command, and works on your armor/hand limit instead of giving you a skill.

You get skills/advanced actions every even level, and improve armor/hand limit and gain a command token on the odd levels.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:05:34 pm by theorel »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

oh, right.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

I'm a card short...need to see what I draw before I decide what to do.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Did Qvist miss your keep bonus?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

yes

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

What type of terrain is the hex southeast of Watno?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

I'm guessing more wasteland.
EDIT: oh, or maybe swamp...

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Actually, I think that's swamp, and the previous terrain should have been swamp also.

Based on this image:

EDIT: I got confused about where watno was...no wait, pops is confused.  (I get confused because I have trouble with the whole east-west thing)
The terrain southWEST of watno is swamp I think...although qvist originally said it was wasteland.  The terrain southEAST of the monastery is also swamp I thnk.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:37:25 pm by theorel »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh, right. It was Swamp from the beginning. It's a while since I played this the last time. I somehow thought Swamps only occur at Core tiles.
We haven't seen Wasteland on this map yet. Sorry for that error. But I don't think it mattered that much.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

It's okay...if watno wins it's because he walked over the swamp for one less move I'm sure :P

I'm going to play March and Rage sideways for Move 3 and move onto the Mage Tower.
Let's see what I get to fight.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

It's okay...if watno wins it's because he walked over the swamp for one less move I'm sure :P
This would bother me, actually.  But I looked back and Watno wasted a movepoint the turn he walked over the swamp.  So there was no effect anyway.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Pass Ranged/Siege attack
Play Determination for Block 2
Use Foresters for Block 3 (total 5)
Block the Monks
Use Green Crystal to empower Concentration to play Rage for Attack 6 killing the monks.
Gain 4 fame

Hang on to one card for later...

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Oh, I'll take Mana Bolt for my reward.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh, I'll take Mana Bolt for my reward.

Yes, and -1 reputation.  ;D

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:06 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 11 / Tovak: 10 / Arythea: 14
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: -1

Advanced Actions:
Learning Influence 2. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 6 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your discard pile. /// Influence 4. Once during this turn, you may pay Influence 9 to gain an Advanced Action card from the Advanced Actions offer to your hand.
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).

Spells:
Restoration / Rebirth Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. /// Heal 3. If you are in a forest, Heal 5 instead. Ready up to 3 levels worth of Units. If you are in a forest, Ready up to 5 levels of Units instead.   
Meditation / Trance Randomly pick two cards from your discard pile and place them either on the top or bottom of your Deed deck. At the end of this turn, draw two cards over your hand limit. /// Same as the basic effect, except you choose the cards instead of picking them randomly.
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.

Units:
Savage Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3   /// Siege Attack 4
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery / Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Illusionists Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 2 / Recruitable in Mage Tower or Monastery /    Influence 4 /// Target unfortified enemy does not attack this combat. /// Gain a white crystal to your Inventory.
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Utem Swordsmen Cost   6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Attack or Block 6. This Unit becomes Wounded.                                 

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
None

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Gold / Black

Map:

Arythea (Watno):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/8 / Tactics: 2: Long Night One time this Night, if your Deed deck is empty, you may shuffle your discard pile and put 3 cards at random back into your Deed deck. Then flip this card face down.                  
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/2): Peasants Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Tovak (pops):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 8/5/6 / Tactics: 4: Midnight Meditation One time this Night, before any of your turns, you may shuffle up to 5 cards (including Wounds) from your hand back into your Deed deck and then draw that many cards. Then, flip this card face down.
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/2): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 3 / Armour 3 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 3/5/10 / Tactics: 5: Preparation When you take this Tactic, search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your deck.
Crystals: Red, Blue, White, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/2): Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 2 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 9 (1)/5/3 / Tactics: 6: Sparing Power Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.                              
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (1/1): Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

It may just be non-obvious on the current map, but since I can see my shield token on the mage tower, I figured I'd ask...do Arythea and Tovak have shield tokens on the ruins they're at?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Bah, this lack of mana sucks.

Set aside a card.

Discard Stamina, Threaten, Crystallize.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47  All

Page created in 2.175 seconds with 20 queries.