Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight I (Game over, theorel wins)  (Read 77581 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 4, theorel's turn)
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »

This is the outer bound. I hope it's more clear now.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 4, pops' turn)
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2013, 06:37:05 pm »

thanks.

Ok, the truth is that I'm not exactly thinking.  I am kinda in the middle of an ninnovation game on iso

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2013, 06:53:50 pm »

Play Mana Draw sideways for movement (+1), use Double Move (+2), and Blue mana from the source for Stamina (+4).  Move to the space between the poisonous orc and the conquered Mage Tower.  Use my Heal card to heal a wound.  Flip the right moment.  End turn.

Qvist when you check the legality of that you can roll the die for me so i can take my time walk turn

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:17 pm »

Seems fine. I'll send you your new hand in a second.
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:16 pm »

What would happen if I assaulted theorel's keep?  I fight two enemies at once?  What color would the second one be?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight - The Board Game (Signups, 0/4)
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »

Other Player's Keeps: Can be assaulted and you get Reputation -1. If the owner is not present, draw a random grey enemy token as the defender. They are fortified. If successful, you get half Fame (rounded up) for defeating the defenders and you replace the owner's shield token with one of your own.

So you would had to fight a grey enemy and the Cursed Hag.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »

I use my Double Move skill to move to the Mage Tower. 

I interact with the mages, getting Influence+1 because I'm a badass that kills wolf riders and steals recruits from Jorbles.
Then I play unpowered Threaten for Influence+2.
Then I play all the other cards in my hand sideways for Influence+1 each.
That gets me to 7 influence, so I give them a red mana from the source and buy the red spell (I can't buy a blue spell with red mana iirc).

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2013, 07:26:51 pm »

Those other cards I played sideways were:

Rage Attack or Block 2 /// Attack 4
March Move 2 /// Move 4
Cold Toughness Ice Attack 2 or Ice Block 3 /// Ice Block 5. Get +1 Ice Block for each special ability, color of attack and resistance on the blocked enemy token (or for each mana spent by an opponent during the attack).
Swiftness Move 2 /// Ranged Attack 3

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "Exploring the landscape" (Day 1, Turn 4, theorel's turn)
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 2 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: 0

Advanced Actions:
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).
Pure Magic When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 4. If you paid White, Influence 4. If you paid Blue, Block 4. If you paid Red, Attack 4. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid Green, Move 7. If you paid White, Influence 7. If you paid Blue, Block 7. If you paid Red, Attack 7.
Intimidate   Influence 4 or Attack 3. Get Reputation -1 at the end of your turn. /// Influence 8 or Attack 7. Get Reputation -2 at the end of your turn.

Spells:
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   
Chill / Lethal Chill Target enemy does not attack this combat. If it has Fire Resistance, it loses it for the rest of the turn. /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and gets Armor -4 (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the turn.

Units:
empty
Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4   
empty
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)

Mana Source:
Black / Black / Black / Red / Green / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 0 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 2/5/9 / Tactics: 2 - Rethink: When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.                                    
Crystals: White
Skills: None
Units (0/1): None

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/3/17 / Tactics: 4 - Planning: If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                                       
Crystals: None
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants (used) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/15 / Tactics: 5 - Great Start: You may immediately draw 2 cards.                                       
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind (used) Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters (used) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/17 / Tactics: 6 - The Right Moment: One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                           
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (Day 1, Turn 5, Jorbles' turn)
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »

Play Swiftness and Tranquility (sideways) for 3 move. Move to the ruins. (do not enter them)

What's in the Keep?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:46 pm »

Crossbowmen 4 Attack (Swift) / 4 Armour / 3 Fame

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:47 pm »

Sorry, I didn't see to the Ruins. I'll fix that the next time.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2013, 10:44:08 am »

Sorry, I didn't see to the Ruins. I'll fix that the next time.

No worries, I was moving there in case something I couldn't beat this turn or next popped up on the Keep, which I am assaulting. (unless there's some advantage to having walked past them that I'm unaware of)

Use Improvisation to discard Promise for Move 3.

Use gold mana (not the red die) to power Rage for attack 4. Eating the wounds, and killing the Crossbowmen.

(I didn't want to use the red die, because I think Red has been around so long that it's probably a less useful color for dice to be. I only just realized this now or I could have used Tranquility to draw two and burn the green die which I think is useful, but oh well, next time.)

-1 reputation, +3 fame, Level up!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:56 am »

play wound sideways for move 2 to explore

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »

Goldyx levels up.

You can choose between:
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.
Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.

and a skill in the common skill offer.
You can also choose an Advanced Action.

Arythea explores:

New regions: Monastery and Dungeon
Monastery's Advanced Action Card:
Firebolt Gain a red crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Fire Attack 3

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »

I have to leave now. Won't be able to update in the next few hours.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2013, 12:45:15 pm »

crystallize the red die.
End of turn

Red due comes up:

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

I will take Pure Magic and Universal Power.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »

It's on you, theorel

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »

I'm back. Update comes in a few minutes.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight I "The first dusk" (Day 1, Turn 5, theorel's turn)
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »

Game state: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidG9MNFRlQW5VaTRleFQtT3dZV2k4S3c&usp=sharing

Fame: Goldyx: 5 / Norowas: 4 / Tovak: 4 / Arythea: 7
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Norowas: 0 / Tovak: 1 / Arythea: 0

Advanced Actions:
Into the Heat Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 2 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn. /// Play this card at the start of the combat. All of your Units get their Attack and Block values increased by 3 this combat. You cannot assign damage to Units this turn.
Blood Ritual Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). /// Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic).
Intimidate   Influence 4 or Attack 3. Get Reputation -1 at the end of your turn. /// Influence 8 or Attack 7. Get Reputation -2 at the end of your turn.

Spells:
Flame Wall / Flame Wave Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7 /// Fire Attack 5 or Fire Block 7. This attack or block gets increased by 2 for each enemy token you are facing.
Mana Bolt / Mana Thunderbolt When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 8. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 7. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 6. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 5. /// When you play this, pay a mana. If you paid blue, Ice Attack 11. If you paid red, Cold Fire Attack 10. If you paid white, Ranged Ice Attack 9. If you paid green, Siege Ice Attack 8.   
Chill / Lethal Chill Target enemy does not attack this combat. If it has Fire Resistance, it loses it for the rest of the turn. /// Target enemy does not attack this combat and gets Armor -4 (to a minimum of 1) for the rest of the turn.

Units:
empty
Northern Monks Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Monastery / Attack or Block 3 /// Ice Attack or Ice Block 4   
empty
empty
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4   

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                            
Fire Bolt Gain a red crystal to your Inventory. /// Ranged Fire Attack 3                           

Common Skill Offer:
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a blue mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Motivation Once a round, on any players turn: Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain a red mana token. You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
Bright Negotiation Once a turn: Influence 3 (during the Day) or Influence 2 (at Night)
Red Crystal Craft Once a Round: Flip this to gain one blue crystal to your Inventory, and one red mana token.

Mana Source:
Black / Black / Black / Red / Green / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Jorbles):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/3/14 / Tactics: 2 - Rethink: When you take this Tactic, discard up to 3 cards (including Wounds) from your hand, then draw that many cards. Shuffle your discard pile back into your Deed deck.                                    
Crystals: White
Skills: Universal Power Once a turn: You may add one mana to a card played sideways. If you do, the card gives +3 instead of +1. If it is an Action or Spell card of the same color as that mana, it gives +4.
Units (0/1): None

Arythea (Watno):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/19 / Tactics: 4 - Planning: If at the end of your turn you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one.                                       
Crystals: Red
Skills: Power of Pain Once a turn: You can play one Wound sideways, as if it were a non-Wound card. It gives +2 instead of +1. At the end of your turn, put that Wound in your discard pile.                                                            
Units (1/1): Peasants (used) Cost 4 / Level 1 / Armour 3 / Attack or Block 2 /// Influence 2 /// Move 2

Norowas (theorel):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/2/15 / Tactics: 5 - Great Start: You may immediately draw 2 cards.                                       
Crystals: Blue, Blue, White
Skills: Leaves in the Wind (used) Once a Round: Flip this to gain one green crystal to your Inventory, and one white mana token.
Units (1/1): Foresters (used) Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3

Tovak (pops):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand Limit 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 0/1/17 / Tactics: 6 - The Right Moment: One time this Day during your turn, you can announce that you will take another turn immediately after this. If you do, flip this card face down.                           
Skills: Double Move Once a turn: Move 2 (during the Day), or Move 1 (during the Night)                                                            
Units (1/1): Utem Crossbowmen Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 4 / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Attack or Block 3 /// Ranged Attack 2

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »

I hope I made no mistakes.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2013, 07:52:47 pm »

I discard Determination
Gain a White Crystal.
End of Turn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2013, 10:25:36 am »

The status says we are all level 1.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Page created in 2.492 seconds with 20 queries.