Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  All

Author Topic: Pandemic IV - Legendary (Game over, Players win)  (Read 23713 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemic IV - Legendary (Round V, shraeye's turn)
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2013, 06:19:22 am »

theorel (Field Operative) draws Epidemic, Forecast
Forecast: Examine the top 6 cards of the Infection Draw Pile, rearrange them in the order of your choice, then place them back on the pile.

EPIDEMIC
Increase: Infection Rate rises.
Infect: Epidemic in Milan (3 cubes)
Intensify: Infection Discard Pile is shuffled and placed on top of the draw pile.
Infector: Bogotá, Los Angeles, Algiers, Sydney

Outbreak 3: Disease in Istanbul, Cairo, Paris, Madrid

Player 1: TheMunch (Medic): Moscow, Milan, Paris, Dehli, Tehran, Istanbul

Player 2: shraeye (Scientist): Jakarta, Johannesburg, Santiago, Toronto

Player 3: Tables (Generalist): Riyadh, Los Angeles, Bangkok, Shanghai, Sao Paulo, Manila

Player 4: theorel (Field Operative) (): London, Seoul, Madrid, New Assignment, Atlanta, Forecast
New Assignment: Any player (including the current player) may discard their current Role card and select a new one from the unused ones in the box.
Forecast: Examine the top 6 cards of the Infection Draw Pile, rearrange them in the order of your choice, then place them back on the pile.

Discard: Chicago, Chennai, Epidemic, Taipei, Sydney, Epidemic, Airlift, Epidemic, Resilient Population, Lagos, Kinshasa, Osaka, Borrowed Time, New York, Epidemic, Government Grant, Mexico City, Miami, Bogotá, Rapid Vaccine Deployment, Kolkata, Algier, Karachi, Baghdad, Mobile Hospital

TheMunch (Medic) is next.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemic IV - Legendary (Round VI, TheMunch's turn)
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2013, 07:43:32 am »

1.5 rounds to victory.  We just have to survive...(and not develop a need for shraeye, Tables, or myself to do anything but contribute to winning :) )
Actually, shraeye could hit Sydney on his way to meet up with Tables.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »

So, Algiers already outbroke...
Munch should probably treat Milan and London?  Then our only outbreak possibility is if we get another epidemic.  In which case we have Sydney, Algiers, and whatever is newly infected to worry about.

So, maybe we let London outbreak if we don't get the epidemic before then, and treat Milan and Algiers instead?  That hits one current outbreak concern and one post-epidemic outbreak concern?

As noted shraeye can go to Sydney (via Johannesburg), so we'll be safe there post-epidemic.

Of course, if London does outbreak, we have to worry about the second outbreak there plus Madrid.  We have 5 outbreaks to loss...

If we get lucky shraeye draws 2 red cards.  Then we make Tables dispatcher, he gives shraeye Manila, and then moves Munch to treat Algiers and Cairo.

If not, we have potentially: Algiers, Cairo, and one of them again for 3 outbreaks + Beijing, Shanghai, and one of them again.  That's 6 outbreaks we lose. (the one of them again is a chain reaction outbreak...which I think results in an Istanbul outbreak also...)

Maybe it is best to leave London?

I dunno.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2013, 12:50:37 am »

Hey guys.  Sorry for not paying as much attention as this game required.  I joined this game back when I was phasing out of forum mafia but still wanted to participate, then work got in the way of me actually focusing.  Props to Shraeye for keeping me at least participating.

That said, its now the end of the semester so I'm back to actually focus on this game (right in time for it to be over...).

Question for theorel: I need a little more help seeing how we get the red cure, I'm confused.

That being said, I still think the best option for me is to fly to Milan, treat, and Jesus walk Istanbul to Algiers.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2013, 12:57:09 am »

Hey guys.  Sorry for not paying as much attention as this game required.  I joined this game back when I was phasing out of forum mafia but still wanted to participate, then work got in the way of me actually focusing.  Props to Shraeye for keeping me at least participating.

That said, its now the end of the semester so I'm back to actually focus on this game (right in time for it to be over...).

Question for theorel: I need a little more help seeing how we get the red cure, I'm confused.

That being said, I still think the best option for me is to fly to Milan, treat, and Jesus walk Istanbul to Algiers.

And jesus-walk is just what we call walking through a cured area as a medic, curing diseases with your mere presence.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2013, 07:32:59 am »

Changing Tables to Researcher, and having him give Shraeye his 3 reds gets us the red cure on shraeye's next turn.  (assuming Tables can drop all 3 reds on shraeye this turn).

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2013, 12:02:00 pm »

That was supposed to be bolded

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:47 am »

That was supposed to be bolded

Oh, I thought it was loud thinking. Processing now...

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2013, 10:52:00 am »

TheMunch (Medic) draws Beijing, Mumbai

Infector: Madrid, Johannesburg, Milan, Mumbai

Player 1: TheMunch (Medic): Moscow, Paris, Dehli, Tehran, Istanbul, Beijing, Mumbai

Player 2: shraeye (Scientist): Jakarta, Johannesburg, Santiago, Toronto

Player 3: Tables (Generalist): Riyadh, Los Angeles, Bangkok, Shanghai, Sao Paulo, Manila

Player 4: theorel (Field Operative) (): London, Seoul, Madrid, New Assignment, Atlanta, Forecast
New Assignment: Any player (including the current player) may discard their current Role card and select a new one from the unused ones in the box.

Discard: Chicago, Chennai, Epidemic, Taipei, Sydney, Epidemic, Airlift, Epidemic, Resilient Population, Lagos, Kinshasa, Osaka, Borrowed Time, New York, Epidemic, Government Grant, Mexico City, Miami, Bogotá, Rapid Vaccine Deployment, Kolkata, Algier, Karachi, Baghdad, Mobile Hospital, Milan

shraeye (Scientist) is next.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemic IV - Legendary (Round VI, shraeye's turn)
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2013, 10:56:06 am »

And Munch can rediscover the black cure...just in case we forget it :P

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2013, 03:21:13 am »

Bump

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2013, 03:35:31 am »

This is still going? Wow!

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2013, 07:21:54 am »

Yep.

So, Shraeye:
You can go to Manila by way of Johannesburg with one spare action to treat.
Sydney seems like the more important one to me there.

I think that's still the best move here.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:35 am »

Yep.

So, Shraeye:
You can go to Manila by way of Johannesburg with one spare action to treat.
Sydney seems like the more important one to me there.

I think that's still the best move here.
I could also ride the RS to Taipei, but then I don't help out Sydney.  Sooo, I think you're right, yeah?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2013, 09:12:55 am »

Bump!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2013, 09:33:13 am »

Oh wow, big bump.  Sorry guys.

Charter out of Johannesburg to Sydney
Treat Sydney
End up in Manila

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:41 am »

shraeye (Scientist) draws Tokyo, Cairo

Infector: Cairo, Beijing, Santiago, London

Outbreak 4: Disease in Essen, Paris, Madrid, New York

Player 1: TheMunch (Medic): Moscow, Paris, Dehli, Tehran, Istanbul, Beijing, Mumbai

Player 2: shraeye (Scientist): Jakarta, Santiago, Toronto, Tokyo, Cairo

Discard: Chicago, Chennai, Epidemic, Taipei, Sydney, Epidemic, Airlift, Epidemic, Resilient Population, Lagos, Kinshasa, Osaka, Borrowed Time, New York, Epidemic, Government Grant, Mexico City, Miami, Bogotá, Rapid Vaccine Deployment, Kolkata, Algier, Karachi, Baghdad, Mobile Hospital, Milan, Johannesburg

Tables (Generalist) is next.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:32:04 am by Qvist »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Pandemic IV - Legendary (Round VI, Tables' turn)
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:07 am »

So: New Assignment me to researcher, give my three red cards, do a thing?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2013, 10:31:27 am »

QVist didn't update shraeye's hand (he drew Tokyo)

You only need to give him 2 cards.  Meaning you can keep Manila to fly somewhere and treat it.

But regardless, I think you need to be Researcher, so Play New Assignment on Tables

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2013, 10:32:17 am »

QVist didn't update shraeye's hand (he drew Tokyo)

Fixed.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:25 am »

So, what needs treated most?

If Tables doesn't draw an epidemic...
I believe optimal has Munch hitting London-Madrid and something else.  (He could go Madrid-London-Paris and fly anywhere)

BUT if Tables does draw an epidemic, we really can't handle that double-outbreak, with Cairo, Mumbai, Beijing, Johannesburg, and some unknown city all ready to explode.

We can take 3 outbreaks total before we lose.  If we drew London-Madrid in the same turn we would auto-lose.  But I can forecast to prevent it.

We have 12(13 after epidemic) cards in discard, 6(7) are outbreak-ready.

So, supposing Tables doesn't treat Madrid/London.
Then if he draws an epidemic, I forecast it, and then fly to London to stop the double-double-outbreak, end in Paris, and take it from Munch on his turn.  Then I can find the last cure on my last turn.  So, we're safe there.

If Tables doesn't draw an epidemic, then we're clear, because I can forecast on my turn and prevent the double-double-outbreak, and Munch can cure all concern away on his turn.

We're still in danger if we get some unlucky draws, but I think this suggests that Tables should treat Beijing?  (it's in danger of outbreak post-epidemic, and next to Shanghai)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:20 am »

It's possible for you to cure red on your next turn, yeah theorel?

If Table's gets me the two red cards on his turn, then we will win in exactly 4 turns.  Hopefully we don't have to deal with an infection rate of 5 at all.  That could end us on outbreaks even if we are taking good care of things.  I think Tables should maybe treat one of the double outbreak places (either Madrid or London).  Munch's sole job on his turn is cleanup.

Or maybe Tables can treat another place, and leave Madrid/London for TheMunch, who could walk through both and still do other things (since theorel can cure blue on his turn).  Only if Tables flips the Epidemic could we get screwed over there, and maybe it wouldn't be that bad, as we can forcast things a bit, letting theorel do emergency cleanup instead of focusing on blue cure, if that is necessary.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2013, 11:50:43 am »

I assume you mean Blue.  Yes...as long as we don't need me for emergency clean-up I can cure blue.

I was pointing out that if I am needed for emergency clean-up, I could cure blue the following turn.  But we'll be pulling 5 cards at that point (I hadn't realized...)?  And we'll almost certainly draw the last epidemic before my last turn.

So, to me the essential problem is that Munch can get London and Madrid by walking through them on his turn (after I cure blue), so anything Tables does there is essentially a waste.  But it might be necessary to keep us from losing before then.

4 turns = 12-13 cities by end-game.  At least 8 of which include dangerous cities in the current set-up.

I'm slightly concerned that if Tables cures London/Madrid, we may lose on the other outbreaks.

Hmm...hold on, what if Tables treats London.
Munch gets Madrid, flies to Beijing, treats Beijing, flies to Mumbai.  (or goes Madrid-Paris, anywhere, Mumbai).

I guess the point is, Munch can get 3 cities in a few different ways, and he can't get 4 any way (I think).
So, it's not so important that he treat London/Madrid.  I think this is better.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »

why  aren't  we  curing  red?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2013, 03:24:00 pm »

I'm not curing red, because I have no red cards.
shraeye is curing red next turn (if we're still alive)

Tables needs to give shraeye 2 reds to do that, which leaves him 2 actions.

He has and can keep Manila, so he can fly anywhere and treat it.
We're discussing where that should be in order to maximize our chances of living to shraeye's next turn.

My turn is basically curing blue, because that needs to happen too.

I think based on what I was saying before that you can at most treat 3 locations your next turn. Regardless of what Tables treats.
So, I think that means that Tables might as well treat London as the single biggest threat we have.

But, if leaving London/Madrid for you lets you treat 4 locations, then Tables should probably treat Beijing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  All

Page created in 3.298 seconds with 21 queries.