Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Non-Mafia Games Queue  (Read 25120 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Mafia Games Queue
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

Hmm...

I don't have VASSAL. It's free, right? But does it have the resources for ITL? I'll have to think about it.

It could just end up being another beautiful spreadsheet getting created  ;D
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2013, 10:30:20 am »

Would anyone be interested in trying out Pandemic: In the Lab? I've played it a few times and it's pretty good fun. Unfortunately I don't think I have all the materials to mod it, but maybe Qvist could point me in the right direction to getting them?

I modded all in VASSAL. Not sure what to give you. But I would play it. Not sure if I would mod it though.

So just for the heck of it I downloaded Vassal... does it not actually help you play the game?  You have to do all of the movement etc by yourself?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2013, 10:47:45 am »

Would anyone be interested in trying out Pandemic: In the Lab? I've played it a few times and it's pretty good fun. Unfortunately I don't think I have all the materials to mod it, but maybe Qvist could point me in the right direction to getting them?

This is on my Christmas list! Along with Mage Knights and Terra Mystica! Very excited for the 25th!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2013, 12:30:10 pm »

I modded all in VASSAL. Not sure what to give you. But I would play it. Not sure if I would mod it though.

So just for the heck of it I downloaded Vassal... does it not actually help you play the game?  You have to do all of the movement etc by yourself?

Vassal only implements components, not actual game rules.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »

As Grujah pointed out. Vassal only offers the game components and often automatic setup and automatic tasks, but no rules, because of copyright.
I checked and it doesn't seem that the Vassal module got updated, so only Pandemic and On the Brink so far.
I guess, you have to make a spreadsheet.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »

this hasn't been updated in a long time... are we going to try to keep it going, or do we not need this thread?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:21 pm »

the intro, signups, etc. thread covers most of what we need... the main purpose at this point would be just to catalog finished games. I'd be willing to make a new thread with just finished games in it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »

I'd play Shadows Over Camelot if anyone wants to run it.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2013, 07:35:47 am »

When I'm out of hospital I'll update this and can mod another game

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:16 pm »

I tried to update. I put in parentheses the thread starter, maybe that's not always the moderator, Idk.
Resistance has no running numbers. I tried to number them, maybe the thread creators could update the thread titles.
Please tell me where I have errors, I'm sure there are many.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2014, 09:00:00 pm »

Would anybody be interested in playing a co-op deckbuilder designed by a friend of mine? I'm not 100% sure how well it'd work in PBF, but it shouldn't be too bad, if we do things like labelling cards and draw by dice, when I'm not around to give hand updates.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2014, 09:03:10 pm »

This might be a better place to post this...

So I got the Village for christmas, and while I have played 3 or 4 games of it, I don't really know what I'm doing and haven't won yet :P  Anyways, it's not terribly complex, there is not much hidden information.  In fact, there really isn't any.  So I'm thinking it could be easily done in a PBF format, and I think the moderator could even play, assuming you guys would trust that they would put the cubes on the spaces using a RNG and was truthful about it.  Anyone interested in playing it?  Looking for 3-4 people.

Rules

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2014, 11:19:32 pm »

Ooh, Village is fun. I'd probably be able to mod that, if people want yet another Tables gamesheet for information tracking.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2014, 07:30:45 am »

Ooh, Village is fun.
agree. I would probably play.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2014, 07:34:13 am »

Ooh, Village is fun.
agree. I would probably play.

Me too. Never played before, but really interested in it.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

I feel like the hardest thing about modding will be randomly generating the cubes.  but even that could be done on the forum with dice.  Tables, you can mod if you want.  I also had ghostofmars sound interested in a game, as long as it starts after 3/9. 

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2014, 08:44:27 am »

random.org List randomizer should allow distributing cubes pretty easily.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2014, 09:14:12 am »

Easiest way to do the cubes I would think is, make a list of the cubes in the bag, =rand() next to each cube, sort by the =rand() column, then just copy paste things from there.

It'll probably take me a while to make the sheet. There's quite a bit going on in Village, and I haven't personally played in a few months so I'll also need to refresh myself on the rules.

Edit: This one is gonna be tough to make an effective sheet for. Harder than Tzolk'in. I'll be making it here if for some reason you want to follow my progress (or more importantly give advice?)

Edit2: Phew, getting the travel section just right took a while. And I bet I could have still done it much prettier and much quicker (It's because I'm learning from Goko instead of Isotropic I suppose)

Edit3: Ugh, yet another word to remember that Americans spell incorrectly differently to us. You spell it plow, we spell it plough. Only realised after typing out 'plow' and then thinking it looked wrong.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:33:08 pm by Tables »

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:28 pm »

wow, it's coming along nicely.  Much nicer than anything I would have made :P

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

Okay, I think it's ready. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FwaSm9AXiUx1IAHLJe3qmDK4LV33fHAIhs6vFc2zlfA/edit#gid=0. There's still one more tab I think I want to add, but I think as it currently is, it would be playable. Any suggestions for improvement or simplicity from anyone?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

Has anyone played clash of cultures? Would it be workable as a forum game?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2014, 07:37:08 pm »

Clash of Cultures works fine as a forum game, judging by BGG's games of it. I'm personally not a fan, it seems more like the kind of game Qvist would probably mod well though.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2014, 08:09:25 pm »

I'm interested in trying Kemet.  It's something that's been on my radar to buy for a long time, but I'm not sure I should take the plunge without trying ti first.  Granted, I've had decent luck at that with other games.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »

It sounds like Village already has four people interested in it, possibly (Qvist, AHoppy, Liopoil, Ghostofmars), which is good. It means I can finish off the spreadsheet and then start the thread closer to the time (3/9 you said).

Also, another plug for the co-op deckbuilder mentioned before, because hey, it's fun, and it has Dominion like elements without trying to be Dominion.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:34 pm »

I will play the deckbuilder, tables
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 2.017 seconds with 21 queries.