Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Author Topic: Resistance V: Avalon - Game Over, Spies win 0-3  (Read 19590 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Resistance V: Avalon - Game Over, Spies win 0-3
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:39 pm »

Based on the new Resistance: Avalon game, this Resistance will feature a new twist in the form of the Merlin role. Merlin has to be extremely careful, lest the forces of evil discover and kill him, dooming the kingdom to darkness...

If you've played before, look for the notes in bold to see what's changed. Or if you're too lazy, as a short summary:
Resistance and spies are rethemed.
Merlin knows evil, must not be discovered
No Plot Thickens (it's not incompatible, but... the theme is off and I can't be bothered to rename everything). Slight deadline change to fit.
If players are up for it, we might throw in a different official variant. See next post. No further variants used.

Rules of Resistance: Avalon

Resistance: Avalon is a mafia-like game of social deduction. There are two teams - one consisting of a number of Empire Spies Minions of Mordred (between 2-4 depending on number of players), each of whom knows all the other minions - and one team of Resistance members Loyal Servants of Arthur, who know nothing but the fact that they themselves are loyal. The loyal servants are trying to thwart evil by conducting three successful quests - each requiring the full co-operation of everyone on the team. The minions, on the other hand, want to sabotage said quests - if they can sabotage three quests, then the force of good is destroyed, and evil takes over the land.

But wait! Merlin is helping the loyal servants of Arthur out, but he knows if he's discovered and killed, Mordred himself will be unopposed and surely destroy the land. Merlin is a special role one player on the loyal servant's team will receive. He will also know who all of the minions are. But he must be careful. If the loyal servants pass three quests, the minions will make one final attempt to destroy good by assassinating one player. If Merlin is assassinated, the evil team wins. One minion is also the assassin. He has the final call in who the minions assassinate at game's end.

At the start of the game, the leader is randomly chosen, as well as the succession of the leader. The leader's job is to choose a team of between 2-5 operatives (depending on number of players and quest number), to attempt the next quest. After the leader proposes his team, everyone (including himself) gets to vote yes or no to that proposal. If a majority say yes, the quest goes ahead with that team. Otherwise, leadership passes to the next person in the succession (this goes in a circle - the last person passes leadership to the first person). Voting is done simultaneously - to simulate that here, all votes will be sent via PM to the mod (that's me!).

Be warned: if 5 proposals fail in a row, for any reasons (plot cards can affect this, if they are being used), then the forces of evil advance too far against the chaotic, poorly lead forces of good, and the Minions of Mordred win.

If the proposal passes, then each person on the quest can choose to sabotage or support the quest. Minions have free choice in this, and while they need to sabotage to win they might support as a strategic move. Loyal servants MUST support the quest. After everyone has chosen, the results are revealed. In real life, this would be done with cards which are then shuffled and revealed. Here, I only need the spies decisions, all done via PM.

If a quest has even a single sabotage, it fails and the minions get a point. If a quest has nothing but successes, however, it passes, and the loyal servants gets a point. Regardless of if a quest passes or fails, leadership moves on to the next person. Whichever team reaches three points first wins.

Deadlines

For every proposal, the leader will have a 5 day deadline to propose a team. Missing the team proposal deadline will result in a random team being chosen.

Voting will have a 2 day deadline from the team being proposed. Failure to vote will result in a no vote being cast. Voting will end early once all votes are in and I have seen them all.

Quests will have a 1 day deadline. Only minions need to submit a decision for the quest. They may submit their choice in advance with their vote for the quest. Quests will never end early unless the game will end as a result of the quest - this is to protect the minions right to think in cases they need to make a non-trivial decision (e.g. both are on a quest). In the rare case of a minion missing the submission for a quest they will default to sabotage.

The role PMs in this game look like this:

You are a loyal servant of Arthur

You win if the loyal servants of Arthur succeed on 3 quests and Merlin is not assassinated. You lose if the minions sabotage 3 quests or Merlin is assassinated.

You are Merlin

The three minions are:
W
X
Y

You win if the loyal servants of Arthur succeed on 3 quests and you are not assassinated. You lose if the minions sabotage 3 quests or you are assassinated.

You are a Minion of Mordred OR the Assassin

The three minions are:
W
X
Y

You win if the minions sabotage 3 quests or Merlin is assassinated. You lose if the loyal servants of Arthur succeed on 3 quests and Merlin is not assassinated.

Note: The order of names on the role PMs will be the same as the order of leadership. Only the Assassin knows who the assassin is.

Finally rules. Shamelessly stolen and adapted from Axxle, who stole them from Mafiascum.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings. This includes Minions!
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
4: You may talk at ALL stages of the game. This means during proposals, voting, and quests. There is never a period where communication is banned.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.
2. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography, or obscuring text in any way.
3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
5. Please bold and double hashtag ## all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed. This includes all final actions (giving out plot cards, proposing a team, public vote if you have Opinion Maker).
6. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:03:10 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance V: Avalon
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:59 pm »

With 7 players, there are 4 Minions of Mordred and 4 Loyal Servants of Arthur. One Minion is the Assassin, one Loyal Servant is Merlin.
Quest 1: 2 people - FAILED
Quest 2: 3 people - FAILED

Quest 3: 3 people
Quest 4: 4* people
Quest 5: 4 people

Quest 4 requires TWO fail cards, or it succeeds.

Leader order:
jotheonah
pingpongsam
bozzball
Insomniac
Robz888
Qvist
AdamH

(The current leader is in bold)

It is quest 3.3. 3 people are on this quest.

Quest 1.1 proposed by jotheonah:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, bozzball
Voting YES: jotheonah, pingpongsam, bozzball
Voting NO: Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist, AdamH
Result: Yes - 3, No - 4
Proposal Fails

Quest 1.2 proposed by pingpongsam:
Team Proposed: Insomniac, Robz888
Voting YES: pingpongsam, Insomniac, Robz888
Voting NO: jotheonah, bozzball, Qvist, AdamH
Proposal Fails

Quest 1.3 proposed by bozzball:
Team Proposed: bozzball, Insomniac
Voting YES: pingpongsam, bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist
Voting NO: jotheonah, AdamH
Result: Yes - 5, No - 2
Proposal passes

Quest 1 Results
Team: bozzball, Insomniac
Co-operating: 1
Sabotage: 1
Quest fails. Score is now Loyal Servants - 0, Minions of Modred - 1

---

Quest 2.1 proposed by Insomniac:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Insomniac, AdamH
Voting YES: pingpongsam, Insomniac, AdamH
Voting NO: jotheonah, bozzball, Robz888, Qvist
Proposal Fails

Quest 2.2 proposed by Robz888:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Robz888, Qvist
Voting YES: jotheonah, pingpongsam, bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist
Voting NO: AdamH
Result: Yes - 6, No - 1
Proposal passes

Quest 2 Results
Co-operating: 2
Quest fails. Score is now Loyal Servants - 0, Minions of Modred - 2

---

Quest 3.1 proposed by Qvist:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Qvist, AdamH
Voting YES: jotheonah, pingpongsam, Qvist
Voting NO: bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, AdamH
Proposal Fails

Quest 3.2 proposed by AdamH:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, bozzball, AdamH
Proposal Fails
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:50:27 pm by Tables »
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:25:53 pm »

/in

... now reading the changes.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

Posted up the possible variants.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:15:20 am »

Wouldn't mind giving this a shot if nobody minds.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »

Bumping this up. Also anyone currently in got choices for the other variants, including none?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »

I've only ever played with your "Merlin" or "Excalibur" variants before. They are both OK, though the group I played with IRL found they work best in a 6-player game. I'd be apprehensive about playing with any of the other variants, but I don't feel strongly about it. Just my thoughts.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 08:07:23 pm »

It looks like there isn't, or won't be, sufficient interest for this, so I'm probably cancelling unless I get a sudden rush of signups.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:01 pm »

bump
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 04:26:38 pm »

Ya know, I was thinking maybe the reason there isn't as much interest in this particular version of Resistance is the emphasis on variants. Do you think a vanilla Resistance would be more popular?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »

Well, perhaps. Merlin was the only real one I was sticking to, because it's interesting. Everything else is just, the options in the box, people can say yes or no.

Vanilla might be more popular. Maybe.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 04:56:55 pm »

Well, perhaps. Merlin was the only real one I was sticking to, because it's interesting. Everything else is just, the options in the box, people can say yes or no.

Vanilla might be more popular. Maybe.

I'm interested in playing Vanilla Avalon, like with Merlin but nothing else. (I don't feel strongly about the others and would play the others if people wanted them)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:10 pm »

Yeah, I figured most people would. The problem is only 4 people have actually expressed interest in playing. And we need 5 minimum, and 6 is much better.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »

Yeah, I figured most people would. The problem is only 4 people have actually expressed interest in playing. And we need 5 minimum, and 6 is much better.

I think the 7 games have been pretty alright. I know for a fact alot of people don't actually follow this forum that play games and have only tagged mafia queue so maybe post about it there to see if those people want to play (eHalcyon is an example)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »

Fine.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45:41 pm »

In
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:24:54 pm »

\o/

That's 5, so that's enough to start. But I'll give just a little longer, because I'd really like 6+.

I won't use any variants except Merlin.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 06:10:41 am »

in

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 09:00:18 am »

whoa. long time no see, dude.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 09:02:42 am »

I'll start this evening GMT, giving a few more hours for people to sign up.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 06:28:17 pm »

Getting the game prepared now. Signups are officially closed.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

Role PMs have been sent out. Once everyone has confirmed, the game is ready to go.
Note: Small notation change, missions are now called quests.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »

Confirmed

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:58 am »

With 6 players, there are 2 Minions of Mordred and 4 Loyal Servants of Arthur. One Minion is the Assassin, one Loyal Servant is Merlin.
Quest 1: 2 people
Quest 2: 3 people
Quest 3: 4 people
Quest 4: 3 people

Leader order:
bozzball
Qvist
AdamH
Insomniac
Robz888
pingpongsam

bozzball, you are the first leader. Please propose a mission with 2 people on it.
The game has now begun

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 04:57:52 am »

## propose team of bozzball and Qvist

First forum resistance game. Don't know if we usually have chat or whatever. Getting on with it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 11:27:21 am »

Well I actually get to play as resistance this game. Will be voting down this mission because a) it doesn't have me on it and b) bozzball held no discussion before proposing the team.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 11:33:24 am »

I'll be voting no for the first reason, but not the second (buy my vote!)

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 11:54:14 am »

I'll be voting yes for this mission because it has me on it. And because I chose it, and I tend to be good at choosing things.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 11:57:23 am »

1st go at this so maybe I'm wrong but the rules I read said voting is simultaneous and is done by PM to mod. So, are we doing it or are we free to state our vote and do exactly that or exactly otherwise in PM to mod?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 11:58:29 am »

And whether we are doing ti wrong or not I vote yes to the mission. Onward to Victory. If the mission folks are minions then it will fail of it's own accord, no?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »

I'm... I'm just so surprised to see Bozzball, whose last Forum Games appearance was M-II! I think I have to vote for this mission just because of that.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:42 pm »

I'm... I'm just so surprised to see Bozzball, whose last Forum Games appearance was M-II! I think I have to vote for this mission just because of that.

Witch's Brew

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »

Also @PPS, you can say whatever you want here, its only a vote when you pm the mod, however the pm will release a vote count after all votes are in saying where everyone voted for reals.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:36 pm »

Witch's Brew

And Pandemic II.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »

Well then obviously I'm voting No.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »

Cool, this started. I already have forgotten the rules.
As I don't have a lot of time, I make it short.
I will vote yes for this mission because I'm in it.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:16 pm »

Um, so, Joth's posts on page 1 was apparently a signup, which I didn't realise at the time... so since it's still very early, is everyone okay with restarting with him as a 7th player?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

Um, so, Joth's posts on page 1 was apparently a signup, which I didn't realise at the time... so since it's still very early, is everyone okay with restarting with him as a 7th player?

Sure.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »

I have no objections...

...if we go to 7 players, though, with three spies. We might find a way to work the plot cards (or some other variant) back in, or else the game will probably be too easy for the spies to win.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 08:12:26 pm »

It should be fine. If we were going to do anything, I'd prefer one of the Avalon variant roles, but the game is balanced enough with 7.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

Am ok with 7 player restart

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »

That's a flat majority. Not even much point revealing the original roles, given so little happened, but...

bozzball   Merlin
Qvist   Loyal
AdamH   Mordred
Insomniac   Loyal
Robz888   Loyal
pingpongsam   Assassin

Am resetting everything now.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:15 pm »

Right, no major cockups so far, right :)?

The game has begun. Here is the relevant information again. Important: Please disregard your original role PM. Only the one marked attempt 2 applies

With 7 players, there are 4 Minions of Mordred and 4 Loyal Servants of Arthur. One Minion is the Assassin, one Loyal Servant is Merlin.
Quest 1: 2 people
Quest 2: 3 people
Quest 3: 3 people
Quest 4: 4* people

Quest 4 requires TWO fail cards, or it succeeds.

Leader order:
jotheonah (current leader)
pingpongsam
bozzball
Insomniac
Robz888
Qvist
AdamH

I'd also like to draw your attention to the special rule regarding quest 4, again. If there is exactly one fail card played on that quest, the quest is a success for the loyal servants of Arthur.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 10:54:22 pm »

Sorry about that. But excited to play. I propose Myself and bozzball.

He/him

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:41 pm »

same business. I'll vote no until I'm put on a mission.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 01:11:55 am »

Jo should know better than to propose a mission without talking first, obv vote no.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 02:12:30 am »

Uh, vote no, until he does the decent think and puts me on a mission.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:17 am »

Jo should know better than to propose a mission without talking first, obv vote no.

This. And I'm not on the mission.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 04:44:41 am »

Well I am.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 08:00:42 am »

Might I ask what the discussion for the very first mission is supposed to look like?

Leader: "So who should I put on the mission? Myself and who else?"

Everybody: "Me! I'm [looks up theme word] Loyal! Pick me!"

Leader: "Well that didn't help. Does anyone out there want to admit they're not?"

*crickets*

Leader: "Uhhh... OK, I'll just put myself and one random person on it."

*Everybody votes no*

We repeat this four times and then everybody finally caves and votes yes for the fifth [looks up theme word] Quest.

That way, if we see a stray "yes" vote, we can all speculate whether or not it's Merlin trying to tell us we're doing something right, or a Minion trying to pretend to be Merlin telling us we're doing something right, but we really aren't. Or maybe a Loyal trying to pretend to be Merlin and we don't really know anything!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:35 am »

All we need are 3 stupid missions to win, right? If we vote down every mission we lose, right? Without a passing or failing mission we don't have any information, right?

So, in order to win we need A) to complete missions and B) to obtain information to insure the completion of future missions.
Right?

So, I vote yes because, well, I like the idea of winning.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

Might I ask what the discussion for the very first mission is supposed to look like?

Leader: "So who should I put on the mission? Myself and who else?"

Everybody: "Me! I'm [looks up theme word] Loyal! Pick me!"

Leader: "Well that didn't help. Does anyone out there want to admit they're not?"

*crickets*

Leader: "Uhhh... OK, I'll just put myself and one random person on it."

*Everybody votes no*

We repeat this four times and then everybody finally caves and votes yes for the fifth [looks up theme word] Quest.

That way, if we see a stray "yes" vote, we can all speculate whether or not it's Merlin trying to tell us we're doing something right, or a Minion trying to pretend to be Merlin telling us we're doing something right, but we really aren't. Or maybe a Loyal trying to pretend to be Merlin and we don't really know anything!

I wasn't sure if I would have a chance to get online at all today, so I thought it was better to propose out of the blue then hold up the game forever. So sue me.

Proposing missions without discussing first is a fina and useful tool for town.

He/him

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

Sorry about that. But excited to play. I propose Myself and bozzball.

Everyone has 48 hours from this quoted post to submit their votes for the quest. Minions on the quest may submit an order to succeed or fail the quest if it is voted to go ahead, but are not obliged to. Loyal Servants on the quest always succeed the quest, so do not need to submit such orders.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

Mission 1.1 proposed by: jotheonah:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, bozzball
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes on to pingpongsam.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

Who wants to go on a mission? I intend to send 2 people not including myself so that we may all observe.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »

Buy my vote!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »

I take that to mean you do not wish to be included in this mission, then?

Buy my vote!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »

I'd like to be on the quest

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2012, 06:01:23 pm »

I'll be voting no for any mission that I'm not on, until some things happen (at least one failed quest, probably more)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:33 pm »

Who wants to go on a mission? I intend to send 2 people not including myself so that we may all observe.

Weird. I'm going to vote against it unless you include me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

Very well, I propose a mission consisting of:

## Mission 1.2 Insomniac and Robz888

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »

As you may expect I will be voting yes on this mission.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »

Oh great, yay!

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:30 am »

I'm a no.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:37 am »

I'll vote yes, actually.

When a third party person nominates two, there's a chance he's a loyal servant and he randomly picked two minions, which could be great if they both fail it. That's like best case scenario for town. A little worse if they both pass it, but still pretty ok for Team Camelot.

He/him

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:33 am »

"there's a chance"

Not a very likely chance. As I am a loyal servant, I know that the probability that pps is a loyal servant is 3/6. Given that he is, the probability that ins is a minion is 3/5. Given that he is, the probability that rob is a minion is 2/4. This gives a probability of the scenario you described of 15%.

Now, let's suppose they both flip a fair coin to decide whether to fail the mission. Then the chance of the scenario you described, with them both failing the mission is about 4%.

Not convinced at all.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:51 am »

As a good-guy, if you suggest two random people that aren't you for a mission, there's a 60% chance that you've put exactly one bad-guy on the mission, which is the worst thing possible. Especially considering that I can't think of a reason a bad-guy would ever pass a quest, since we have three of them and no plot cards.

There's a 20% chance you found two good-guys.

There's a 20% chance you found two bad-guys, which is kind of nice, but exactly one fail is still possible; so this is not a 20% chance of success.

Also, you give up any opportunity you had as leader to learn something from the outcome of the mission by being on it.

If you suggest yourself and someone else for a mission, you have a 50% chance of a guaranteed pass, and that other 50% is way better. Either we get a pass in, or you yourself know who one of the bad-guys is.

This not-so-bad 50% chance is way better than the much-worse (>60%) chance. More than likely, PPS knows this and has some knowledge the rest of us don't, which might make this a much better move than it appears, at least for his team.

HOWEVER

If you are not on this mission, and you are a good-guy, it seems pretty obvious that the odds of anything good happening on this mission are slim. If people not on this mission vote yes for it, I can only assume cast suspicion on them for doing so. Especially if the mission ends up failing.

(sort of ninja'd, but oh well)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »

Yeah, the chances are pretty low that all 3 are loyal Servants. So, I think this isn't a good choice. And I don't think one of the spies would propose a team with two loyal Servants in it. Also we want more information, right. So, I'll vote no.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »

you've all convinced me to switch my vote.

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2012, 09:41:53 am »

So, it is better to let a quest leader directly engineer a team either through foreknowledge or being swayed by public opinion than to place a random team together for observation purposes?

I follow this paradigm for later quests, but for Quest 1 it seems appropriate.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:34 am »

Mission 1.2 proposed by: pingpongsam:
Team Proposed: Insomniac, Robz888
Voting YES: pingpongsam, Insomniac, Robz888
Voting NO: jotheonah, bozzball, Qvist, AdamH
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to bozzball.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 10:20:18 am »

My instinct is to go with myself and the next person in line. That way if the mission fails, I'll know the next person is a spy, and will get information from his proposal.

Any reason I shouldn't do that?

(See, I'm learning - no proposing without discussing first)

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 05:26:25 am »

Propose: bozzball and insomniac

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 06:25:21 am »

Oh, I somehow forgot about that game.
My instinct is to go with myself and the next person in line. That way if the mission fails, I'll know the next person is a spy, and will get information from his proposal.

As we're playing without plot cards, this might be a good idea. I tend to voting yes. Any other comments?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:48 am »

I continue to vote yes until information is obtained that would convince me to do otherwise.

This circle jerk is making my arm tired.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 10:10:57 am »

Understandable, but said circle jerk is good for me since I'm in last position, so I will continue to vote no until I'm put on a mission.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 10:14:28 am »

As I'm on this mission I support it fully

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 11:27:01 am »

I guess I'm just going to approve this mission, because we have to approve one eventually, and it gets boring just perpetually saying No to them unless you're on it. Obviously, we can't all do that, anyway, or we lose.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2012, 09:49:25 am »

Still waiting on a few votes

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 09:53:58 am »

Mission 1.3 proposed by bozzball:
Voting YES: pingpongsam, Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist
Voting NO: jotheonah, bozzball, AdamH
Result: Yes - 4, No - 3
Proposal passes

24 hours for any possible spies on the mission to send me their mission orders

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2012, 10:10:51 am »

bozzball, you voted no on your proposal that had you on it? WTF?

He/him

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

No, I sent a message saying "I vote yes for my team selection of me and insomniac." to: Tables on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:39 am

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2012, 10:43:00 am »

Tables, was this a mistake?

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

bozzball, you voted no on your proposal that had you on it? WTF?

I just was thinking the same. This is strange.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22:15 pm »

No, I sent a message saying "I vote yes for my team selection of me and insomniac." to: Tables on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:39 am

In the future, don't quote messages without asking the mod first! (In this case I think it's fine, since it's pretty clear bozzball of course would have voted yes on his own mission that had him on it here, and a mistake I'm guessing was indeed made)

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2012, 01:50:02 pm »

I understood the rule to be "You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind."

This information was me-supplied.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »

Yes, that message must have slipped under the radar. Bozz did vote yes.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »

Mission 1.3 proposed by bozzball:
Voting YES: pingpongsam, bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist
Voting NO: jotheonah, AdamH
Result: Yes - 5, No - 2
Proposal passes

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2012, 02:29:18 pm »

Oops, that's more than 24 hours.

Mission 1 Results
Co-operating: 1
Mission fails. Score is now Resistance - 0, Spies - 1

Leadership passes to Insomniac. Quest 2 needs 3 operatives.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »

So Bozzball or Insomniac.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »

Interesting, that means that some of the people that supported this mission are probably spies, and I know that I'm not.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »

Oh, bad start. So we know that one of Insomniac or bozzball is a minion.
And now Insomniac is leader. I'm interested in his proposal.
At least joth and AdamH get some credit points in voting no. Maybe they should be in the mission.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2012, 09:39:35 pm »

##Propose: Insomniac, jotheonah, AdamH

I'm not a spy, and hopefully this proposal will pass and allow me to prove that to everyone. I want the people who voted no on the mission to be on it as opposed to those who voted yes, because probably one of bozzballs partners voted yes on the proposal. MAYBE both

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »

Regardless of which is the spy of bozzball and Insomniac, I'm pretty sure one of the spies would have voted against the mission, just for appearances. So I think it's pretty likely either Jo or Adam is a spy, even if Insomniac is not. Especially if Insomniac is not. If Insomniac IS the spy, he doesn't want to take his spymates.

So I think I want to vote against this one, then.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »

Yeah, I do think a no vote is the safe option here.

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »

If I were in Insomniacs position and I was also a spy I would allow the mission to succeed in order to guarantee the perception of innocence. As such,  I support this mission regardless of how I might interpret the results of the previous quest.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »

Regardless of which is the spy of bozzball and Insomniac, I'm pretty sure one of the spies would have voted against the mission, just for appearances. So I think it's pretty likely either Jo or Adam is a spy, even if Insomniac is not. Especially if Insomniac is not. If Insomniac IS the spy, he doesn't want to take his spymates.

That's a lot of ifs. I'm also on the mission, so I'll be voting yes.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »

Actually, this is a really good point. Hm, I might also vote "no".

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »

Everyone who has not voted yet*, reminder that half of your time has gone

*Also everyone whose votes I accidentally missed in my PMs, you should vote as well... what?

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2012, 05:14:49 am »

Voting no, because Insomniac is a baddie.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:37 am »

Quest 2.1 proposed by Insomniac:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Insomniac, AdamH
Voting YES: pingpongsam, Insomniac, AdamH
Voting NO: jotheonah, bozzball, Robz888, Qvist
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to Robz

(As an aside, everything will say quest instead of mission from now on! Yay!)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:37 pm »

I want to propose myself and Qvist for sure. I am choosing Qvist because he is in the same boat as me--he voted for the first mission despite not being on it, was not invited to the second mission, and voted against it. Since these seemed like the most natural things for me to do, and I am Resistance, I have the most faith that he drew the same conclusions and is Resistance.

I am open to suggestion on who the third person should be.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:46 pm »

It should be me, I think?

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

Fully disagree, I don't get why you no'd the last mission.

based purely on votes I have a hypothesis as to the spies though so I would vote yes for a team of Robz/Jo/Qvist

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:26 pm »

As to whom you should choose, Robz - I figure from your perspective it is roughly equally likely that I or Insomniac are evil, and fairly unlikely that we both are. However, that means that 2 of the remaining 5 players are likely to be evil. If you and Qvist are both goodies, then 2 of the remaining 3 players are likely to be evil. As such, I'd suggest you should choose one of me or Insomniac (1/2 < 2/3).

On the other hand, I'm very suspicious of PingPongSam for
"If I were in Insomniacs position and I was also a spy I would allow the mission to succeed in order to guarantee the perception of innocence. As such,  I support this mission regardless of how I might interpret the results of the previous quest."

I don't follow this at all. If you are also suspicious, then maybe you should choose one of Jot or AdamH.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »

I want to propose myself and Qvist for sure. I am choosing Qvist because he is in the same boat as me--he voted for the first mission despite not being on it, was not invited to the second mission, and voted against it. Since these seemed like the most natural things for me to do, and I am Resistance, I have the most faith that he drew the same conclusions and is Resistance.

In my book, that means the odds are that exactly one of you is a spy. At least that's the logic you used last proposal to turn everyone against a quest that had ME (and Jotheonah) on it. I find your lack of consistency to be quite deserving of a NO vote on this mission; and Jo, if you vote for this quest that you probably won't be on over last mission that you *were* on, it will make me believe strongly that you know something that vanilla good-guys don't know. If that's the case, odds are 3/4 that you are a Minion vs. Merlin.

Care to propose a different quest, Robz?

[now does find/replace for "mission," changing them all to "quest"]

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »

based purely on votes I have a hypothesis as to the spies though so I would vote yes for a team of Robz/Jo/Qvist

I auto-no'd it because you proposed it.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2012, 01:09:44 pm »

I auto-no'd it because you proposed it.

That makes no sense, as it's obviously helpful to determine the spy/resistance in Insom/bozzball

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2012, 01:14:39 pm »

It would be more helpful to pass a mission.

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 07:10:17 am »

I don't like the reasoning here. I know I'm a servant, but voted for a failed mission. Of the other 4 voting yes, there were the 2 who were in the mission, one of them being a minion and the other one likely not. There are 2 people left, you and pingpongsam. It's very likely that one of you is a minion, knowing that one of your fellow minions is on the mission, maybe even both. That means it's more than 50% likely that you are a minion. If you were a servant, you should come to the same conclusion and pick 2 of the ones who weren't on the mission, right?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:07 am »

Le bump

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »

I'll vote yes if the third person is Joth.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 05:49:32 pm »

I'll vote yes if the third person is Joth.

I like this guy. I will also vote yes if the third person is me.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »

What's the deadline for RObz to propose?

He/him

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2012, 12:37:40 pm »

I believe it's set at 5 days, but that assumes lots of discussion. I'll go prod him.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »

Sorry, propose: Robz88, Qvist, Jothonah. It has PPS's approval (?).

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 03:05:13 pm »

I have to vote this down as it contains one of the people I highly believe is a spy.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:29 pm »

I already know that Insomniac is a spy but I have to point out the glaring contradiction between 104: "I would vote yes for a team of Robz/Jo/Qvist" and 117: "I have to vote this down"

As for my vote, I'm edging towards yes but willing to be swayed. I am 100% sure Imsomniac is guilty, and the person I am next most suspicious of is PingPongSam. As such, my face team would be one consisting of me and 2 of the other 4. But, given last round's result, I can't see me or Insomniac being selected, so I guess the next best is 3 of the other 4, which is what has been proposed.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 03:42:14 pm »

I already know that Insomniac is a spy but I have to point out the glaring contradiction between 104: "I would vote yes for a team of Robz/Jo/Qvist" and 117: "I have to vote this down"

As for my vote, I'm edging towards yes but willing to be swayed. I am 100% sure Imsomniac is guilty, and the person I am next most suspicious of is PingPongSam. As such, my face team would be one consisting of me and 2 of the other 4. But, given last round's result, I can't see me or Insomniac being selected, so I guess the next best is 3 of the other 4, which is what has been proposed.

Ahh thanks for pointing that out, I had lost track of what was going on in my mind in this game. Couldn't remember who I thought the spies were.

104 I clearly imply that I think PPS/AdamH and Bozzball are spies so I'm going to switch on over to a yes for this one.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »

Any member of the good guys should see that this is clearly a terrible mission that is completely doomed to fail, regardless of who is halfway reasonable to be a bad-guy or not. I will be voting NO for this mission, and furthermore I'll be highly suspicious of anyone else not on the mission who votes yes.

Seriously, there are four good-guys here, let's vote this thing down. It has literally zero percent chance of passing. OK, not literally but pretty close. AND one of the good guys out there KNOWS it will fail, since that person is totally not me.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2012, 05:06:26 pm »

Any member of the good guys should see that this is clearly a terrible mission that is completely doomed to fail, regardless of who is halfway reasonable to be a bad-guy or not. I will be voting NO for this mission, and furthermore I'll be highly suspicious of anyone else not on the mission who votes yes.

Seriously, there are four good-guys here, let's vote this thing down. It has literally zero percent chance of passing. OK, not literally but pretty close. AND one of the good guys out there KNOWS it will fail, since that person is totally not me.

I don't follow this. Care to give more details on why this is 'clearly terrible'?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

If you assume I'm resistance, that requires the first mission to have both members be spies. As universally "accepted" as that was, it doesn't seem too likely.

Even if you assume I'm a spy, this still doesn't look too good. The fact that so many people not on the mission support it almost always means it's going to fail.

Either way, when this fails, we don't learn very much from it... especially me, since I'm not on the mission.

Do all you people not on the mission seriously think these three are your good-guy buddies?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:26 pm »

If you assume I'm resistance, that requires the first mission to have both members be spies. As universally "accepted" as that was, it doesn't seem too likely.

Even if you assume I'm a spy, this still doesn't look too good. The fact that so many people not on the mission support it almost always means it's going to fail.

Either way, when this fails, we don't learn very much from it... especially me, since I'm not on the mission.

Do all you people not on the mission seriously think these three are your good-guy buddies?

Yes as I suspect based on how people have been voting that PPS/Adam H (you) are spies and I know that bozzball is the third spy.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »

I've made it very clear why I've voted the way I have every single time. I see absolutely nothing suspicious about the way I've voted.

The fact that you are so willing to accept a mission you are not on and know absolutely nothing about seems like a self-destructive plan if you were indeed resistance.

If you vote yes for this mission, I will you assume you are too smart to be resistance.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

If you vote yes for this mission, I will you assume you are too smart to be resistance.

How does intelligence relate to my vote? Are you implying that resistance are dumb?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »

Please read my entire post, as it contains the answer to your question.

I made a case why it is unlikely that a resistance member not on this mission should support it. I think it is a very good case.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:00 pm »

Please read my entire post, as it contains the answer to your question.

I made a case why it is unlikely that a resistance member not on this mission should support it. I think it is a very good case.

Heres the thing, I'm resistance. So I have the knowledge that bozzball is 100% a spy.

Now there is 5 people left. I have reason to believe your a spy so lets go with that part of your post/case

If I assume your a spy that means 2 of the spies are Adam H / Bozzball. Now the question then is is PPS a spy. If I think PPS is a spy then I should absolutely support this mission, if I dont then I should vote no. Well I think PPS is a spy, IF I'm wrong and the mission fails I'll obviously have to rethink the scenario we are in but for now, I think the most plausible team is EASILY PPS/Bozzball/AdamH

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04:56 pm »

If you have a reason to believe I'm a spy, it's not a good one. Period. You still haven't provided a reason either.

Regardless of the case, you can do better by actually being on the mission, so you should still oppose it.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2012, 07:12:04 pm »

:o Scumslip?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2012, 07:12:48 pm »

Ahh thanks for pointing that out, I had lost track of what was going on in my mind in this game. Couldn't remember who I thought the spies were.

104 I clearly imply that I think PPS/AdamH and Bozzball are spies so I'm going to switch on over to a yes for this one.

Hm, I'm not sure if I buy this. I have to think about this.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2012, 10:42:48 pm »

If you have not voted yet, please do.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2012, 10:05:34 am »

Quest 2.2 proposed by Robz888:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Robz888, Qvist
Voting YES: jotheonah, pingpongsam, bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, Qvist
Voting NO: AdamH
Result: Yes - 6, No - 1
Proposal passes

24 hours for spies on this mission to submit a pass or fail.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2012, 10:15:09 am »

Interesting that both bozzball and Insomniac voted yes ...

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:45 am »

Tis definetly not a good side unless the spies are trying to sow confusion with their votes this mission.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »

Quest 2 Results
Co-operating: 2
Quest fails. Score is now Loyal Servants - 0, Minions of Modred - 2

Leadership passes. Qvist is now mission leader

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance V: Avalon - Mission 3 (Loyal Servants 0-2 Minions)
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »

This looks now very bad.
So at least one of bozzball and Insomniac and at least one of Robz888 and jotheonah is a Minion.
AdamH voted down both failed missions. So I'm tempted to put him on the mission.

Any other suggestions?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »

So since there are no plot cards to help us, and we have to get the mission perfect, it looks like it's our time to take our best guess. Here's my best guess.

Minions - Insomniac; Robz888; one of (jotheonah, pingpongsam), leaning towards PPS

I can't back any of that up with actual evidence, but we need to start having some more discussion about our speculations, and Merlin needs to be a little less subtle if we're going to have a chance. This is me not being subtle.

I have my suspicions as to who is Merlin right now as well. I'm not going to say who for obvious reasons, but I'd really like to hear from people so I can know whose ideas to latch onto, or maybe question my suspicions. Seems like our best shot at this point.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »

I will only vote yes to a mission with AdamH on it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »

I think we need AdamH for sure.

I'm also sure we all have Merlin reads, but I'm not sue of any way to use them without outing him.

If we all post our mission suggestions, and then we pick one person's suggestion, and it passes, won't the Minions automatically know that person is Merlin? It's a very tricky problem.

Between Insom and bozz, I'm pretty convinced Insom is the minion.

I have fewer reads on the others. RObz or Qvist, clearly; I have reasons for suspecting either one.

But that means the third Minion has to be either AdamH or pps, which is really a problem for me because I have loyalist reads on both of them.

If I had to call the team right now... well, like I said above, not really sure if it's good for us to all guess the team, if that could lead to the assassin reverse engineering to find Merlin.

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2012, 03:09:06 am »

So since there are no plot cards to help us, and we have to get the mission perfect, it looks like it's our time to take our best guess. Here's my best guess.

Minions - Insomniac; Robz888; one of (jotheonah, pingpongsam), leaning towards PPS

I can't back any of that up with actual evidence, but we need to start having some more discussion about our speculations, and Merlin needs to be a little less subtle if we're going to have a chance. This is me not being subtle.

I have my suspicions as to who is Merlin right now as well. I'm not going to say who for obvious reasons, but I'd really like to hear from people so I can know whose ideas to latch onto, or maybe question my suspicions. Seems like our best shot at this point.

Actually I have no idea so far who Merlin is right now. But I agree that he has to be less subtle, but of course not too obvious.
I liked the contribution from jotheonah and I already suspected that Robz was the one who failed the last mission.
I'm actually not quite sure if Insomniac or bozzball is the one here. Insomniac's "scumslip" was a little too obvious for my taste.

That's why ## I propose AdamH, jotheonah, Qvist for the next mission.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2012, 12:14:42 pm »

Well I have to vote no on this mission and qvist a quick proposal leads me to think he is a spy. Clearly I was wrong about The team but we are quite screwed if you guys won't believe that boss is a spy because we need to go all the way to mission 5

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2012, 12:41:56 pm »

I am pretty skeptical of Qvist but I like the rest of the team.
At the risk of losing the game to a bad Qvist read I will vote yes.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »

Please vote on the proposal

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2012, 12:45:30 pm »

So rather than figuring out the bozz/insom you opposed but you support a team with qvist and joth? Obvspy trying to win

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:47 pm »

So rather than figuring out the bozz/insom you opposed but you support a team with qvist and joth? Obvspy trying to win

The only "solution" to the bozz/insom problem is to put one or the other in play. Since I do not know which one that might be I feel it is a 50/50 chance of guessing wrong and thus losing right out. With Qvist I feel more like a 25% chance he was the spy as opposed to Robz who I'd give 60% and Jo who gets the other 15% from the last round.

You're either tunneling or you're trying to get your spy self assigned for the win.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »

GUYS, IF YOU PASS THIS MISSION WE LOSE. FOR SURE.

I think Qvist is the Spy, but it's either him or Jotheonah. And they are both on this mission. Do not pass it.

Obviously we are in horrendous shape either way.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 02:19:16 pm »

I'd like to hear PPS talk a little more about who he thinks might be a spy (of course, at his own discretion).

Also, I'd like to hear jotheonah talk about what he thinks of this mission (again, at his own discretion).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 02:44:18 pm »

I think I'm going to vote yes. Qvist is my concern, of course, but I'm willing to gamble on Robz being the minion out of the two.

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:58 pm »

I get loud and clear loyalist read from AdamH and just slightly behind him Jotheonah.

Qvist is iffy but I don't see any outright scumminess. His voting pattern is too erratic in terms of supporting failed missions and seems to corroborate his stated positions.

Robz, while not outright scum in my book, sure does look a little too slick around the edges. His posts seem leading and his voting is supportive of the failed missions and appears to be by the book "no" on any possible successful missions, this one included. If I'm calling Robz obvscum then Insomniac looks pretty dirty. When it was Joth/Bozz Robz voted it down. He proposed himself with Insom which just happened to get voted down. Then he supported the Insom/Bozz mission that went down in flames. So, I'm guessing Robz/Insom are likely but the WIFOM puts Bozz back in at maybe a 50/50. Possibly it is Bozz/Insom/Robz. If not Bozz then Qvist. Tough call. We are in a tough spot and I'm willing to wager that Qvist is a good guy despite some evidence to the contrary.

If Jo/AdamH are bad guys then they aren't very good bad guys at all, lol.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 06:16:24 am »

Reminder to vote if you have not already

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 06:32:10 am »

We need time to discuss who the team should be. A very quick team suggestion including 2 of the 3 people who failed last time seems very bad to me. My vote is a no.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 06:37:45 am »

Quest 3.1 proposed by Qvist:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, Qvist, AdamH
Voting YES: jotheonah, pingpongsam, Qvist
Voting NO: bozzball, Insomniac, Robz888, AdamH
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to AdamH

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 07:19:57 am »

I voted no because it's just a much safer move, especially since I'm the next leader. I wanted to see how everybody voted here and I thought we had some safer options based on my reads.

I'll take a little time to process and tentatively suggest another mission shortly.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

The mission I'm thinking of proposing is: myself, jotheonah, and bozzball.

bozzball, I'd sort of like to hear what your reads are

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:55 am »

If bozzball is on it we lose, so I'm voting no to that team. If that what is proposed.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 11:43:26 am »

I'll definitely vote for that team.

Insomniac, what evidence can you offer that Bozzy is the spy and not you?

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 11:58:48 am »

Ok, let's see. I'm pretty sure that Robz is a minion. This means that jotheonah is pretty sure a loyal servant. Also I'm pretty sure that AdamH is a loyal servant too.
I'm a little surprised to see both Insomniac and bozzball voted against this mission. How far is it stretched that both of them are spies? Maybe PPS is the third loyal servant?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »

Well I'm not playing like I play when I'm a spy, I definitely don't offer up who I think the spies are when I'm a spy because if I'm outted as a spy its super good information for resistance. I've been actively trying to figure out the team and this game while a lot of you have lurked as normal (for resistance). And Bozzball isn't doing any of this he's just attacking me, sure he has to pretend he knows I'm a spy even though I'm resistance and he's got that down to a T. The thing is he's not trying to be resistance in other ways, I know he's a spy and AM contributing in trying to figure out who the rest of the team is.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34:43 pm »

Oh, blah. I don't know. That's a better mission. I THINK Adam and bozz are Resistance. I just really don't know whether Jo is or not. I guess I should go back and look at things.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

Oh, blah. I don't know. That's a better mission. I THINK Adam and bozz are Resistance. I just really don't know whether Jo is or not. I guess I should go back and look at things.

Im fairly confident Adam is.

Im 100% certain that bozz isn't

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 01:00:52 pm »

Well I'm not playing like I play when I'm a spy, I definitely don't offer up who I think the spies are when I'm a spy because if I'm outted as a spy its super good information for resistance. I've been actively trying to figure out the team and this game while a lot of you have lurked as normal (for resistance). And Bozzball isn't doing any of this he's just attacking me, sure he has to pretend he knows I'm a spy even though I'm resistance and he's got that down to a T. The thing is he's not trying to be resistance in other ways, I know he's a spy and AM contributing in trying to figure out who the rest of the team is.

Interesting. Can you make a case for what you have done to "actively trying to figure out the team"?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:23 pm »

What makes you think bozz is resistance?

(Although if I'm your main hang up you should definitely vote yes, since I'm a loyal servant.)

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »

What makes you think bozz is resistance?

(Although if I'm your main hang up you should definitely vote yes, since I'm a loyal servant.)

He voted against the last mission, which was 100% guaranteed to have a Spy on it.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:28 pm »

Just so there is no confusion, I'm waiting to propose a mission until I get some feedback (or a refusal to provide any feedback) from bozzball. I'd like to know what your reads are, or at least what you're willing to share.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2012, 03:21:45 am »

OK. My reads:
 1) Insomniac is 100% spy - also he says that I have only been pointing the finger at him and nobody else. This just isn't true. I've also been pointing the finger at pingpongsam. Speaking of:
 2) Pingpongsam seems dodgy. Not really followed most of the points he has made so far this game. Voting for that last mission despite not being on it, and there being two people from the previous failed mission on it, looks like a desperate spy move. I guess it's vaguely possible he's an unsubtle merlin, but he seems spytastic to me.

If I assume PPS is a spy, and given that I know Ins is a spy, that means that one of Jot, Qvist and Robz is a spy, and AdamH and I are innocents.

I would say that Jot seems the most innocent, but I don't have a strong feel on that.

I think given the above, AdamH/Bozzball/Jot is the most likely team I would support.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2012, 04:58:42 am »

I guess it's vaguely possible he's an unsubtle merlin, but he seems spytastic to me.

:o Why in the world would you point that out, no matter if it's true or not? This seems spytastic to me

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2012, 05:29:34 am »

I guess it's vaguely possible he's an unsubtle merlin, but he seems spytastic to me.

:o Why in the world would you point that out, no matter if it's true or not? This seems spytastic to me

Agreed, this was not wise.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2012, 07:33:53 am »

## Propose: AdamH, jotheonah, bozzball for quest 3.2

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2012, 08:24:10 am »

Well, this is tough. Insom/Bozz is a known 50/50 spy. While I feel some certainty on Insom, I have no basis to discount bozz as also being spy. That is, they may be 100/100 and I have no strong reason to think otherwise. Where I was willing to gamble on Qvist I am not so willing to gamble on bozz... not at this stage of the game.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2012, 08:44:32 am »

As said above, I cannot imagine a team I would be more happy than this one, so I will be voting yes.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2012, 09:27:01 am »

Normally I would have probably voted yes, but bozzball's comment seemed so spyish, now I'm not sure if I want to trust Insomniac or bozzball.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »

Normally I would have probably voted yes, but bozzball's comment seemed so spyish, now I'm not sure if I want to trust Insomniac or bozzball.

You want to trust me. You don't want to trust bozzball, and you don't want to trust me until Mission 5.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

@AdamH

I've been contributing my thoughts on who the entire team is based on Votes which is all we have this game. And I still am, I am also trying to win the all important Bozz/Insom war but am aware it doesn't need to be won until game 5.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »

I really don't get why you put bozz on the mission AdamH.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »

I think I have to vote against any mission that has Qvist or Jo. I just have like no idea which is the Spy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

With RobZ voting No I am leaning towards voting Yes.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:38 pm »

I think I have to vote against any mission that has Qvist or Jo. I just have like no idea which is the Spy.

That's because it's you, dude.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2012, 01:46:58 pm »

That's because it's you, dude.

No, man, it's you (ha, take that).

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »

Please remember to vote

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

Quest 3.2 proposed by AdamH:
Team Proposed: jotheonah, bozzball, AdamH
Proposal Fails

Leadership passes to jotheonah

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »

AdamH is a genious

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2012, 05:51:11 pm »

I on the other hand am not.  :-[

Genius

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »

This mission plus my no vote was a trap for spies. I'll be busy for a couple of hours and I'm on my phone now, but I've got some decent reads. Will post more details later.

Pps - why did you vote yes?

jo - which of the previous 2 missions do you now feel better about, now that you've seen these votes?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:11 pm »

This mission plus my no vote was a trap for spies. I'll be busy for a couple of hours and I'm on my phone now, but I've got some decent reads. Will post more details later.

I don't get it, but okay.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »

I'd like to know why qv voted how he did.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

QV said why he was voting how he did, answer the question pointed at you

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »

I really don't like qvist here. His "I would vote yes, but was a little to "need an excuse to vote no"

So I say #2

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2012, 06:30:44 pm »

I really don't like qvist here. His "I would vote yes, but was a little to "need an excuse to vote no"

So I say #2

Answer the question you were asked.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2012, 06:52:40 pm »

jo - which of the previous 2 missions do you now feel better about, now that you've seen these votes?

So I say #2

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »

I voted no because I wasn't sure and wanted to get more information based on the votes. I also didn't say beforehand what I'm going to vote because I wanted see how the assumed minion are voting. I like AdamH's move and he's still my #1 loyal servant so far. So I trust him. That means that it's likely that all 3 minions voted for the mission. But that would mean that jotheonah and not Robz is the third minion. But, if jotheonah, bozzball and pingpongsam are all minions, we already lost. Also, jotheonah of course voted yes because he was on the mission. So I have to trust that jotheonah is loyal and Robz is the spy. The next mission is therefore pretty important. jotheonah, I propose that you put yourself and AdamH to the mission. Who else do you want to pick? Please don't propose the mission too early. We really have to think that through.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2012, 07:13:08 pm »

I voted no because I wasn't sure and wanted to get more information based on the votes. I also didn't say beforehand what I'm going to vote because I wanted see how the assumed minion are voting. I like AdamH's move and he's still my #1 loyal servant so far. So I trust him. That means that it's likely that all 3 minions voted for the mission. But that would mean that jotheonah and not Robz is the third minion. But, if jotheonah, bozzball and pingpongsam are all minions, we already lost. Also, jotheonah of course voted yes because he was on the mission. So I have to trust that jotheonah is loyal and Robz is the spy. The next mission is therefore pretty important. jotheonah, I propose that you put yourself and AdamH to the mission. Who else do you want to pick? Please don't propose the mission too early. We really have to think that through.

Why have we lost if thats the team?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2012, 07:14:24 pm »

Look at the next 3 leaders.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »

well thats unfortunate.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:21 pm »

I voted Yes because Robz voted No and I'm operating under the assumption that he is a spy.

I think we just lost our best chance at getting a much needed point on the board.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »

AdamH is a [genius]

I know I am, thanks ;D

To clarify my previous post, I was on my way to my gaming group when I got the E-mail about the votes coming in. I figured the question on everyone's mind would be "AdamH, wth? Why did you vote against your own proposal?" so I wanted to ping back and say it was on purpose, etc. so I wouldn't hold up the game. I was typing that post from my phone.

OK then.

Here's the deal. I have my reads, and I think to be safe we actually need to pass the next mission proposal. In the best interest of Merlin, I should try and keep my cards sort of close.

jotheonah - I agree with you that Quest 3.2 was the one that made me feel more comfortable. Here's my position: I will vote for whatever mission you propose here, as long as it has both you and me on it. I would prefer the third person to be bozzball, but you're the one that's pulling the trigger.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »

You want him to propose the same team  :o

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »

this is so much pressure. I will make my proposal tomorrow, if it please the court.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »

bump

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:46 pm »

Propose: AdamH, jotheonah, bozzball.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2012, 12:59:23 pm »

Sigh I don't want to lose so I have to vote no

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »

In the interest of not stringing the game out,

GAME OVER, SPIES WIN

This proposal contains a spy. The next two people to propose are spies. Thus even if they didn't realise it, there's no way for the spies to lose now if they're being sensible.

The assassin has requested I pause, because as Bozz likes kicking people when they're down he wants to try and assassinate merlin anyway. This is just for fun at this point, though.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance V: Avalon - Game Over, Spies win 0-3
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2012, 01:04:52 pm »

Whoops, just accidentally deleted someone's reply there :P :-/

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »

lol its ok all I said was

>:(

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2012, 01:06:29 pm »

dangit. I'm very curious who Merlin was.

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2012, 01:07:38 pm »

I played a really horrible game as Merlin. I really didn't want to give so obvious clues so that Resistance doesn't notice this. But oh well...

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2012, 01:11:08 pm »

Well there goes Bozz' chance to guess I guess. He was going to pick Insomniac, but I figured that would have changed when he saw the proposal.

Anyway yeah here were the roles:
jotheonah - Loyal
pingpongsam - Minion
bozzball - Assassin
Insomniac - Loyal
Robz888 - Minion
Qvist - Merlin
AdamH - Loyal

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2012, 01:12:18 pm »

Jo and Adam you make me  :(

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

I wasn't too far off. But I thought AdamH or pps was merlin.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2012, 01:27:51 pm »

I wasn't too far off. But I thought AdamH or pps was merlin.

AdamH's proposal made me realize PPS wasn't merlin as he voted yes for a mission with bozzball before that I knew he was spy or merlin

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »

Also did I really play that poorly that everyone thought Bozz was resistance and I was Spy?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2012, 01:33:12 pm »

I was convinced AdamH was Merlin...but otherwise you guys got owned hard!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

I thought briefly he might be but then he asked for another mission with bozzball

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »

Well, I succeeded in making everybody except the real Merlin think I was Merlin.

My read was that jo was Merlin so I thought he would flip the right coin the right way. Next choice for Merlin was Insom, but I thought that was so unlikely as it would have required him to vote yes for the TERRIBLE second mission. The only way it made sense in my head for him to do that is if BOTH Qvist and Robz were spies and he was trying for a double fail.

But, once pps voted yes for both missions 3.1 and 3.2, I knew he had to be a spy (that's why all the shenanigans), so I figured that meant Insom was also a spy -- he obviously knew something I didn't based on our little tiff, and I thought I had it figured out what he knew.

I was 90% sure Robz was a spy.

Really, this game was lost after the second mission. That's where the Merlin fail was. Somebody should have spoken up besides me (any resistance not on the mission should have, particularly Merlin).

I'm happy that at that point we were able to get it as close as we did after the second mission.

Who did bozz think Merlin was?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »

Well, I succeeded in making everybody except the real Merlin think I was Merlin.

My read was that jo was Merlin so I thought he would flip the right coin the right way. Next choice for Merlin was Insom, but I thought that was so unlikely as it would have required him to vote yes for the TERRIBLE second mission. The only way it made sense in my head for him to do that is if BOTH Qvist and Robz were spies and he was trying for a double fail.

But, once pps voted yes for both missions 3.1 and 3.2, I knew he had to be a spy (that's why all the shenanigans), so I figured that meant Insom was also a spy -- he obviously knew something I didn't based on our little tiff, and I thought I had it figured out what he knew.

I was 90% sure Robz was a spy.

Really, this game was lost after the second mission. That's where the Merlin fail was. Somebody should have spoken up besides me (any resistance not on the mission should have, particularly Merlin).

I'm happy that at that point we were able to get it as close as we did after the second mission.

Who did bozz think Merlin was?

Bozz thought I was merlin

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2012, 02:06:47 pm »

Ha. Well don't I look silly?

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »

I did not think Ins was Merlin. All the way along I thought jot was Merlin.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2012, 02:24:48 pm »

Why did people suspect Ins rather than me?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »

For me, it was nothing you did. It was Insom and the second quest.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2012, 02:54:14 pm »

why on earth did people think I was Merlin? because of that post I made about Merlin theory, and how we shouldn't all share reads?

I am so intrigued by the Merlin mechanic.

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

I had no idea how to play this. Any advice?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2012, 03:00:38 pm »

jo - I thought you were Merlin because you talked the most when I asked Merlin to talk. Your voting patterns matched with my reads and it was the best I had to go by.

Qvist - In my play group, Merlin (we call it Morpheus) plays very differently from normal. Lots more people act like they are Merlin so that Merlin has more cover. People play very aggressively and make a lot more wild/random accusations just to see what sticks. Of course, spies can pretend to be Merlin as well, but sometimes information comes up later that catches them with their pants down, so that's a risk.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2012, 03:18:06 pm »

I was flabbergasted that Robz threw a win by downvoting a mission with a spy that was obviously going to pass if the 3 spies voted it into play. I tried to communicate this play as best as I could and I though he was being especially devious by saying he would vote no but apparently it was not a ploy, or at least the ploy I thought it was.

I thought it wise to begin my leadership by leaving myself out of the mission so as to prevent anyone except Merlin for knowing with certainty I was a spy.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2012, 04:52:57 pm »

Robz might have thought that it was a trap to see who would vote for it.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2012, 04:53:16 pm »

(which it was. A failed trap.)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

Yeah, the thing was... it made no sense for me to be voting for that mission from my perspective, since it contained Jo and Qvist, and 1 of them had to be a Spy from my perspective. So if the mission failed, I was exposed. Of course I was kicking myself when it nearly past.

Still, Resistance is nuts. This was like an easy win. I guess plot cards really skew the game toward the Resistance.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2012, 10:22:04 am »

When there are three spies and only three failed missions are required for spies to win, plot cards that are powerful enough to expose spies before they fail a mission are necessary.

Of course, with Merlin present, you need something harder than normal...
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Page created in 5.374 seconds with 19 queries.