Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I Got Smoked  (Read 762 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
I Got Smoked
« on: October 20, 2012, 09:06:48 pm »

I just finished what I estimate to be an 8 game losing streak. And several of these games were against people of significantly lower rank than me, so it's not like I got Marin'd or Stef'd.

What's more, I did not get unlucky. Seriously, I'll be the first to complain about how bad luck decides all my losing games, but no, not today. Only 1 of the 8 could even be attributed to a bad 3/4 vs. 5/2 split.

Nor did I choose zany, overly-ambitious strategies that were doomed to fail in hindsight. I stuck with the basics of advanced play, folks.

Qvist clobbered me 3 times in a row. I made at least two critical mistakes, I suppose, but he made none.

Dominion is such a humbling experience!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: I Got Smoked
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »

Sorry, I should have let you win once. I feel really guilty. Let's see what I can do to cheer you up.

1.) It's not bragging, but I'm sure that I'm way better than level 22 (as I was as I played against you). That's only because I'm rarely playing on isotropic and when I play I often play not competitively. I think that I'm at least level 30 and I raised yesterday from level 22 to level 27, fyi. Not sure if that cheers you up.

2.) All 3 games were pretty close and at least the last game with Governor you should've won. You said you misplayed your second last turn. I'm not sure about this because I haven't the log, but maybe you were just unlucky. But you definitely didn't got smoked by me.

3.) Everyone can have a bad day. Try again and you will have a winning streak for sure soon. If you want we can arrange a revenge series for you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.605 seconds with 21 queries.