Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 159926 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #825 on: November 21, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

Well I am going to change my vote tovote: ashersky.

I prefer it over either the eevee or jot lynch at this point.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:57 pm »

I don't know what the vote count is. Just landed and on my phone.  But while flying with the case on ash growing.  If we mislynch today which we can do without losing.  That leaves us with 4 town and 3 scum.  DO NOT VOTE EARLY IN THE DAY.  I don't want this game to fall to the same fate as blitz 5.  I knew there isn't day chat but I wouldn't run it past scum to set up a system to hammer from L3.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 21, 2012, 09:34:38 pm »

Also, the lurker lynch thing will continue to discriminate against those of us living outside the majority time zones of everyone else.  I am contributing reads, and votes.  Nothing else I can do in my role here.

Just providing reads and votes isn't enough.

You aren't asking questions. You aren't getting involved in discussion. You aren't probing, quoting and analyzing and trying to flesh out scum. So either you are scum just sitting back and hoping town explodes (it is a good strategy and one that I often employ) or you are town and not quite doing enough.

And I do understand the timezone thing is hard. It most certainly is. I often have a hard time having a back and forth dialogue with people because I am not on at the same time as others and am often not on nearly as much, but still... Just reads and votes isn't enough.

(as an aside, I don't want to make you mad, or make you feel like you have to spend all this time on mafia just to play and be a good player. You don't. But if you are wondering what you can do to be less of a lurker, that is my answer, probe, ask questions even if no one else is around, give opinions on statement, etc.)

Here is my biggest question, really.  Why is Frisk getting such a pass this game?  He's quite a scum player (7 times!!) and knows how to lead his team to win.   He's proposing crazy, crazy, crazy ideas like "let's all just lynch x, y, z, and l in order and win!" and I am the only one calling him on it.

Can I just list some people and suggest we all lynch them?  Will that work for you to believe I am town?  Will someone please look closely at this??
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »

Well the thing is that I have done basically the same thing, but haven't gone outright and said it.

I have town reads on TheMunch, Axxle, Voltgloss and to an extent eevee

so that leaves (Qvist, ashersky, jot, captain frisk) if I can eliminate 1 from this list then there you go.

Directing town isn't necessarily a scumtrait, it can also be a very protown trait, but it is one that is hard to interpret. At least not without relevant flips.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 22, 2012, 02:15:49 am »

Well the thing is that I have done basically the same thing, but haven't gone outright and said it.

so that leaves (Qvist, ashersky, jot, captain frisk) if I can eliminate 1 from this list then there you go.

Directing town isn't necessarily a scumtrait, it can also be a very protown trait, but it is one that is hard to interpret. At least not without relevant flips.

Frisk's flip would certainly be relevant.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 22, 2012, 08:48:10 am »

I'm not sure about frisk specifically but if there is a chance that the person we lynch is town then we better be able to find at least one other scum for sure so scum doesn't hammer from L3.  I would much rather lynch scum today as this would make things much better for town.  Problem is there are so many people that are sure they have found different scum....

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 22, 2012, 11:01:25 am »

Lets play a game:

@ everyone in this list.
{joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

Provide your top 2 scum reads and the 1 person you would bet the game is town inside that set of 5 people.
You chose a set of people with no town reads of mine. Joth and Ash are obviously my top scum reads, could see any of the other three being scum really. Gun to my head I'm picking Volt, but I don't feel good about the reason for that read. And again, I do have town reads, you just didnt include them in that list (except for myself).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 22, 2012, 11:15:04 am »

Volt, do you have any particular reason for thinking me vs joth was town on town? You explained your town read on me already, but at I didnt catch what makes you think joth is town.

Everyone, what do you make of the fact I was all but on my way to the lynching block and now all of a sudden everyone is listing me as their top town read of the five Frisk was asking about? To me it sounds like scum saw an opportunity to mislynch me because of my strong stance on yuma didnt appeal to a lot of people, but now is turning around, maybe because I've accused the right people and they don't want my flip validating my reads (hopeful/vain) or maybe because they feel they couldnt get enough townies behind the lynch.

I tried to ask joth if he thinks it's possible I'm town, he didnt answer. ashersky was repeating that he has thought I'm town all the time, which reads slightly scummy to me (like he is now proud of it because it's the read he'd want to have). I don't know if this is getting anywhere, but I strongly feel scum is expressing town reads on me at the moment.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #833 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:43 am »

Vote Count 2-8

Yuma (1) - TheMunch
Eevee (2) - Jotheonah, QVist
Jotheonah (2) - Eevee, Axxle
Ashersky (2) - Captain_Frisk, Yuma
Captain_Frisk (1) - Ashersky

Not Voting (1) - Voltgloss

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: November 26 2012, Noon PST

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 22, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

I do acknowledge Frisk could definitely be scum here. I've though about it, usually the scum team has at least one guy who me/everyone thinks is playing really towny, and Frisk is indeed good at taking that role as scum as well. However, I disagree he is our best bet at finding scum today. It's just something we need to remember, he is not obvtown or anything like that despite all that leading.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 22, 2012, 11:41:20 am »

Lets play a game:

@ everyone in this list.
{joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

Provide your top 2 scum reads and the 1 person you would bet the game is town inside that set of 5 people.

Still catching up, but SCUM: Eevee, ashersky
Town: Voltgloss
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:35 am »

12. TheMunch - bad theory is unlikely to be scum

This leaves the scum team as 3 out of {joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

Munch, you are asking Ash all these questions, why is 'what do you think of eevee vs joth' not one of them?

I can field this one:

TheMunch / Ashersky / Joth scum trio!

Just noticed this. So what? Is TheMunch scum or not?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 22, 2012, 11:50:32 am »

@Eevee.

Of course it's possible. As a town player, I don't know anyone's alignment for certain. But you're certainty reads scummy to me.

And now, back to my family. I'm quite V/LA-y this weekend. On the offchance that I hit L-1, kindly resist the temptation to hammer before I check in.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 22, 2012, 02:02:29 pm »

12. TheMunch - bad theory is unlikely to be scum

This leaves the scum team as 3 out of {joth, axxle, eevee, ashersky, voltgloss}

Munch, you are asking Ash all these questions, why is 'what do you think of eevee vs joth' not one of them?

I can field this one:

TheMunch / Ashersky / Joth scum trio!

Just noticed this. So what? Is TheMunch scum or not?

I think CF had just caught my "scumslip" so he was convinced I was scum for a bit.  I paid it no mind.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 22, 2012, 03:03:50 pm »

I read that as a joke. When someone calls a scum trio without giving any explanations is usually not meant to be taken seriously.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 22, 2012, 04:36:32 pm »

Is that everyone responding to Frisk's "game?"

Frisk, what are your thoughts therefrom?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 22, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »

My thoughts are that I haven't read them, but I did enjoy thanksgiving?

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 23, 2012, 07:06:00 am »

I read that as a joke. When someone calls a scum trio without giving any explanations is usually not meant to be taken seriously.

Really? I mean, does anyone else think so the same? It just seems so weird, like a mistake.

My thoughts are that I haven't read them, but I did enjoy thanksgiving?

? I don't understand that. What haven't you read? And I can't tell you if you did enjoy thanksgiving. I'm confused. i guess this was just Off-Topic.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 23, 2012, 07:06:52 am »

Nevermind, you responded to Voltgloss, and you meant with "them" the responses. Alright. Forget it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 23, 2012, 09:06:34 am »

so would yours, so would mine

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:33 am »

So would mine?  The more than I think about it, with the situation I posted (the L-3 hammer), we dont need information, we need to be right.  Pushing a lynch for information (something I'm usually 100% behind) is not necessarily something we can afford right now.  It makes the pusher seem more scummy for opportunistically pushing.  I'm going to unvote.  I just realized I'm the only person still on Yuma, not that that matters, but I am feeling less and less confident about my reads as this day continues for forever.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 23, 2012, 09:26:08 am »

So would mine?  The more than I think about it, with the situation I posted (the L-3 hammer), we dont need information, we need to be right.  Pushing a lynch for information (something I'm usually 100% behind) is not necessarily something we can afford right now.  It makes the pusher seem more scummy for opportunistically pushing.  I'm going to unvote.  I just realized I'm the only person still on Yuma, not that that matters, but I am feeling less and less confident about my reads as this day continues for forever.

exactly. almost any lynch will provide information. It will obviously provide that person's alignment. It will provide interactions between that person and those voting for him, it will provide interactions between that person and those not voting for him. We can see who that person suspected and who that person voted for. So, yes, we will get information from any lynch, but information alone shouldn't be the reason to lynch.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 23, 2012, 10:18:27 am »

Yeah, we definitely need to be right with our kill today. But if I'm not mistaken there's no lynch at all at the end of the day if we can't find an agreement.
And that would be pretty bad, right? So we should find consensus.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:27 am »

Yeah, we definitely need to be right with our kill today. But if I'm not mistaken there's no lynch at all at the end of the day if we can't find an agreement.
And that would be pretty bad, right? So we should find consensus.

We have till monday.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 23, 2012, 10:54:49 am »

The results of the game... in graphic form.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75  All

Page created in 1.735 seconds with 20 queries.