Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 159983 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »

Welcome to Mafia XVII - Why is it so dark in here?

Note: This game will NOT start if it will interfere with other games that were in the queue first (Hydra, MXIV [Jorbles - Seaside])
Once those games have started it will start when there is enough people signed up that want the game to start.

The setup is for 13 players.
1. Captain_Frisk
2. jotheonah - Lycnhed Day 2 - Mafia Vig Switch
3. Robz - Killed Night 0 - Vanilla Townie
4. Eevee - Killed Night 2 - Vanilla Townie
5. Grujah - Voltgloss Replaced
6. Axxle - Lynched Day 3 - Vanilla Townie
7. eHunt - Killed Night 1 - Vanilla Townie
8. yuma - Killed Night 4 - Vanilla Townie
9. cuzz - Killed Night 0 - Town Vigilante
10. ashersky - Lynched Day 4 - Mafia Doctor Switch
11. QVist
12. TheMunch - Killed Night 3 - Town Doctor
13. Galzria - Lynched Day 1 - Serial Killer

This game will use a SWITCH setup.  (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Switch_(Setup))

THIS GAME WILL HAVE A NIGHT START

The setup will be as follows
1 Mafia Cop Switch
1 Mafia Doctor Switch
1 Mafia Vigilante Switch
1 Serial Killer
1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Vigilante
6 Vanilla Townies

The difference between this and normal is as follows. There are 3 switches. Each switch can opt to turn the switch off, if they do they cannot perform the factional kill. Additionally the SK may flip ANY of 0-3 switches. (Mafia and SK choosing the same thing results in ON, while choosing different things will result in the switch being OFF). If the switch is OFF after the Mafia/SK toggles the town role is roleblocked, otherwise it can function normally. Every night the switches start as ON. Town PR's are not told whether their kill goes through or not.

The serial killer chooses one of TWO abilities pre game, he is either immune to the mafia night kill, or he is immune to the town vig and town cop.

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 2 week deadlines. If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Role PMs to follow.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:24:10 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

ROLE PMS

Mafia Vigilante Switch
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Vigilante Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Vig Switch: You may use the Vig Switch to deactivate the Vig. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:
You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

-----------------------------------------

Mafia Doctor Switch
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Doctor Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Doctor Switch: You may use the Doctor Switch to deactivate the Doctor. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:
You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Cop Switch
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Cop Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Cop Switch: You may use the Cop Switch to deactivate the Cop . Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:

Town Doc
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Doctor.

Abilities:
Each night, you may attempt to protect a player in the game. It's possible your protection will fail if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Cop
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Cop.

Abilities:
Each night, you may attempt to investigate a player in the game. It's possible that you will not receive a result if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vigilante
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Vigilante.

Abilities:
Each night, you may to kill a player in the game. It's possible that your attempt will fail if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
Welcome to Mafia XVII!

Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
None. Your voice and vote are your weapons.

Win condition:

Serial Killer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Serial Killer.

Abilities:
Pregame you must choose to be either immune to the Mafia Nightkill OR be immune to Vig/Cop.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of any switch. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch.

Win condition:
You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:38:18 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

+1
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

In
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

In, like the setup. Shouldn't be in many games by than.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Whether I can join is gonna depend on personal circumstances when this gets off the ground. 

One question:  the original setup calls for 14 players (7 VTs), while this setup has only 13.  Is that intentional? 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Yeah, confriming my in-ness.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Yeah, confriming my in-ness.
Feels good to be up there without posting in the thread.  :)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Whether I can join is gonna depend on personal circumstances when this gets off the ground. 

One question:  the original setup calls for 14 players (7 VTs), while this setup has only 13.  Is that intentional?

Yes indeed 13 feels better. also in the sample games 12 was a mafia win while 14 was a town win.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

it's a little weird deciding whether to sign up for this without knowing if i'm going to be in two games that start before it
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile

I hereby erase my game and screw up the numerology and simultaneously sign up for your game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

tentative in... I have no idea at what stage I will be in at this point...

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

yeah alright, i'll /in
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

/in

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I hereby erase my game and screw up the numerology and simultaneously sign up for your game.

I hereby steal your number

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Why is it so dark in here? - Signups (5/13) - Starts after MXIV
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 09:58:49 pm »

Sounds neat.  /in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

I waited long for a newbie friendly game. It seems like it might be. If yes, I'm in...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Don't worry about it qvist.  Jump in with both feet. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I waited long for a newbie friendly game. It seems like it might be. If yes, I'm in...

Of course this will be newb friendly! If you have any questions about rules etc I will be happy to answer them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

What if you made a huge version of this setup where in addition to the three mafia switches, there were three town switches that turned the mafia switches on and off (Town Doctor Switch Switch)?

And then there was a second SK that could flip any of those switches?

And then there was a second scum team with a switch busdriver, and an investigative ability called "Electrician who could determine if someone had or was hooked up to a switch?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

What if you made a huge version of this setup where in addition to the three mafia switches, there were three town switches that turned the mafia switches on and off (Town Doctor Switch Switch)?

And then there was a second scum team with a switch busdriver, and an investigative ability called "Electrician who could determine if someone had or was hooked up to a switch?

Needs at least 26 players.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

seems really complicated and built for more people than I want

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile

So, I'm in. Let's try it out.

I think I'll regret it.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

Sounds complicated.  Can anyone give me an estimated start date?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Alright so if MXIV gets to day 3, there are 13 conf ins and Hydra hasn't started, we will start.

Otherwise we will start when one of Hydra/MXIV get to day 3 whichever comes last. This is in favour of getting rolling starts going.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.