Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12  All

Author Topic: So. Guilds.  (Read 81214 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Re: So. Guilds.
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »

Wow I completely read that wrong.  I thought he said Watchtower...

Nope.  Walled Village.
I think you mean Walled Village.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »
+1

Nope.  Walled Village.

Google+
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:09 am »

Nope.  Walled Village.

Google+

Well, who really wants Walled Village, anyway?  My slog through the adventures is purely to get Governor, and maybe Envoy.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:41 am »
+2

Well, who really wants Walled Village, anyway?  My slog through the adventures is purely to get Governor, and maybe Envoy.

Walled Village was actually the first Promo I bought on Goko, followed by Envoy.

I like how Walled Village allows you to build a completely different kind of deck than other village cards. I think it's a bit underrated.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:05:48 am by LastFootnote »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 05:15:13 pm »

I want Walled Village. I like being able to play more than one terminal. However, so far, I only have Governor and Envoy.

Jedit

• Scout
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »

I'm going to make a wild guess that Guilds will have a "cards that care about card types" theme.

So it'll have Jester, Fortune Teller, Ironworks, Farming Village, Wandering Minstrel, Bank and Knights in it?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »
+3

I'm going to make a wild guess that Guilds will have a "cards that care about card types" theme.

So it'll have Jester, Fortune Teller, Ironworks, Farming Village, Wandering Minstrel, Bank and Knights in it?
You forgot the not greatest card in the word: Tribute.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 06:19:45 am »

Rabble!

And: Obligatory Band of Misfits edge-case mention: Band of Misfits!

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 06:55:54 am »
+1

No, no, Watchtower is off theme too.

Which means we can go ahead and confirm that the theme of Guilds is NOT "cards named after magazines published by churches and religious organizations".

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »

You forgot the not greatest card in the word: Tribute.

Subtle.  Very well done.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:31 am »

And most alt VPs…
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

spiritbears

• Salvager
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:13 pm »

guilds just can't get here soon enough....or even a whiff of when we can partake of Donald's previews!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2013, 08:44:20 am »
+5

guilds just can't get here soon enough....or even a whiff of when we can partake of Donald's previews!
Since it isn't coming out at a particular show AFAIK, I won't know a precise release date until very close to it.

I have proofread the rulebook and card images for the last time, that is the extent of release date information that I have.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2013, 09:39:54 am »

Since it isn't coming out at a particular show AFAIK, I won't know a precise release date until very close to it.

I have proofread the rulebook and card images for the last time, that is the extent of release date information that I have.

That sounds like we might be getting the official blurb from RGG soon.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

spiritbears

• Salvager
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »

Cool!  Thanks for the response! Great to hear where it's at!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »

Is it bad that I have http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=447 bookmarked (since mid-January no less) and check it periodically, since when RGG updates, that's the first blank game? So... either I'll see the Guilds ASAP or some other RGG games.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 01:51:38 pm »

Is it bad that I have http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=447 bookmarked (since mid-January no less) and check it periodically, since when RGG updates, that's the first blank game? So... either I'll see the Guilds ASAP or some other RGG games.

A little bit. Especially as I would expect the news to break here about guilds a second after it goes up on RGG.
And probably RGG wont be the first place to have the news anyways.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:13 pm »
+1

A little bit. Especially as I would expect the news to break here about guilds a second after it goes up on RGG.

On the grounds that it took like 12 hours for info to go up here about Dark Ages, posted by me, after spotting it on BGG, I'd say meh. Where will have it before RGG, do you think?
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »
+3

Pfff. Why doing the hard work by yourself? On sites I want to get updates and that don't have a RSS feed I have a plugin in my browser that checks that page every x minutes. RGG is on that list.  :P

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2013, 02:57:59 pm »

On the grounds that it took like 12 hours for info to go up here about Dark Ages, posted by me, after spotting it on BGG, I'd say meh. Where will have it before RGG, do you think?

Surely by your own experience....BGG?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:57 pm »

Remind me again what page 4 of the rulebook says about that one card... what was it called again?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2013, 04:57:03 pm »

Surely by your own experience....BGG?

The BGG link was pointing to RGG.

Anyway this extension Qvist mentions sounds interesting...

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2013, 05:35:16 pm »

I always have to think for a sec whenever I see "BGG" or "RGG" because "B" and "R" look similar.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »
+1

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

Is it coming out before Origins, then?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12  All

Page created in 2.246 seconds with 22 queries.