Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233801 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 2, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1100 on: October 10, 2012, 11:33:11 pm »

i) Watno could be telling the truth if joth is a ninja in addition to his other claim. This would be if he is a ninja and a neighbour and his other role is a lie and Galzria and Jorbles are both lying to cover for him. Robz and Jorbles would have to have been bus driven in this scenario. (or somehow had the paint get from Jorbles to Robz)
(i) seems to complicated and would involve a Galzria, joth, Jorbles scum team. I know this is not the case.

Why would you and Galz need to be lying for Jot to be scum? Couldn't he have claimed a fake role in the neighborhood, then ninja-kill Insomniac and on top of that give ice cream to Galzria that did or didn't do anything (Galz says he had no role to block so he wouldn't know)?
[/quote]

Sorry you're right. Faulty logic. My assumption was that if joth is scum than he got one of his scum buddies to back up his neighbour claim, but also that I was backing him up as a neighbour. It doesn't actually make sense now that I think about it. Your explanation is possible though I think if he's a ninja-neighbour-other role than that is madness... role madness even.

Anyhow I'm convinced that Robz is probably scum. Even him being bus driven makes sense for a scum team to do. They redirect possible town targeting of their scummiest team mate.

I am ready to put him at L-1. So uhhh here it is. Vote: Robz888.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 10, 2012, 11:38:21 pm »

Galzria, I can relate, sounds a lot like my problem. Can't help you though, didn't target you.

We definitely need to agree on a plan for Frisk a) in case Robz flips scum and b) in case Robz flips town. I guess if he flips SK we can pretty much trust Frisk to be a vig and let him do whatever he wants. L-1, so sooner better than later! Although neither O or Morgrim are playing so just maybe this town has enough sense to not hammer before we are done discussing. I don't remember hearing so much from shraeye and Lekkit at least today, so everyone hold off voting until we are ready.

Is it not shooting then, I don't see anyone really arguing heavily in favor of shooting?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 10, 2012, 11:47:32 pm »

Whoa, I missed a lot.  Wow. 

So if I'm to believe the many accusations flying around, and they all certainly have their evidence, then Frisk is SK, watno is most certainly lying and is scum, Robz is watno's partner and is a scummy thief, jorbles is also watno's scum partner and that's why watno targeted him, and joth is scum because his vanillla flavor showed up.  So great, game solved.  Except that's crazy. 
Eevee says
It almost seems too good to be true, we might have stumbled upon more than half of the scum early day 2 without any direct investigations?
and I agree with Robz that this absolutely IS too good to be true.  But figuring out who's lying and who's actually scummy is a tough effin' task.  As I was catching up page after page, my mouth just hung open stupified.  It has to be that someone with a public claim is lying.  There's just too much stuff flying around and these bits of info are most definitely not pieces of the same puzzle, because I'm finding it impossible to put them all together.

With this many scummy characters flying around, I'm almost certain that some of them are actual scum, and it wouldn't surprise me if their scum partners were taking active roles in pushing the "fake" cases that also sound reasonable. 

@Galz, why did you seem so certain that watno has to be a scumpair with someone else who's also catching heat? I had a pretty solid town-read on watno the first day, but today I find his statements the most confusing.  But the reason I find them confusing I guess is because they make so many other claims harder to explain.  But somehow my gut reaction is still to take what he's saying as true, and try to figure out which other statements most likely have to be lies because of that.  I probably won't have the energy to do that tonight, but I plan on looking at it tomorrow.

I'm not so inclined to believe joth/jorbles both being town.  An argument from them is that it's simple scum play to kill the 3rd QT member and use all the scoops yourself.  But Frisk's post
See - I think that as scum with daytalking neighbors, I would absolutely not want to kill them.  I assum this is why Galz kept me alive in BMMMMMM1, because he could talk / guide me privately.  Saving up your scoops?  You and Joth had 7?  Even 1 per night is going to last you a long time.  How often do you live to day 4?
is probably what I would also do as scum in either of your situations.  I think the argument has been made that it would be doubly-bad play for joth to go after jorbles, get him (presumably town in this hypothetical) lynched, which sets Joth up for day 3 lynch.  So therefore joth isn't scum.  I don't understand.  It looks to me like you both are thinking now that the other is most definitely town due to not taking the "obvious scumplay".  And maybe other people are believing this too.  Well let me say that the scenario where everyone believes you both are conftown AND you have a patsy town member to direct badly through QT would be the best as scum.  This is all to say that I think it's perfectly reasonable for either of you to have passed up the obvious scumplay and tried for a more powerful one.  So I won't give either of you any town-cred for that.

about Frisk. why are we not suspecting that he's SK anymore.  It sure seems that way to me, despite the convenient adding of "vig" to his roleclaim.  I think joth has already said that he knew Frisk was Vig, and that Frisk himself called joth out for that!  Here's where my mafia-newness will be a detriment.  How often does an SK claim vig? Are we not worrying about its believableness because we can now decide to direct his kill around?  From reading all the arguments about directing his kill, it seems that no-kill is the best option to me.

About Robz.  Galzria and Dsell both make a good case about Robz.  (By the way, I vaguely recall somebody making a scum pairing including Galz, who made that and what was the explanation?  Because I'm still super wary of Galz, and I can't tell when he's explaining sometimes whether he's being clear and helping me make informed decisions [town], or being forceful and pushing me to sheep his decisions [scummy]).  Back onto Robz topic.  I was thinking about ashersky's post #940 where he said that Robz's claim made no sense.  I am really confused about how Robz only soaked up half of watno's tracking, and find it somewhat convenient that the successful half is the half that hit insom and found Frisk.  So I guess that's watno/Robz double suspicion that I was asking Galz about earlier.  But back to only-Robz arguments.  I really really didn't like this post from Robz.
I fully admit that my role looks like a scum role. It's mystifyingly town.
Why post that?  I don't recall anyone speculating about your role at that point, and nobody had yet called it a scummy-looking role I believe.  It's a predefense of an argument that wasn't even made yet.  That just reads to be like a very scummy thing to do, because you're analyzing at every turn what suspicions your actions might arouse.  It just seems super phony to laugh off the scummy-looking aspects of your role before anybody had pointed out the scummy-looking aspects of your role.  That being said, I definitely don't want to lynch Robz right now, (WE HAVE 10 MORE DAYS!!, icancountright?).  I want to use that time to see if we can't piece everything together better.  I mean, ashersky has been here like once? Lekkit can't jump in fully yet because he's still at his parents, and I just showed up for basically the first time in Day 2 roughly 3 hours ago.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:04 pm »

tl;dr 

Nobody effin' hammer Robz right now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »

Galzria, I can relate, sounds a lot like my problem. Can't help you though, didn't target you.

We definitely need to agree on a plan for Frisk a) in case Robz flips scum and b) in case Robz flips town. I guess if he flips SK we can pretty much trust Frisk to be a vig and let him do whatever he wants. L-1, so sooner better than later! Although neither O or Morgrim are playing so just maybe this town has enough sense to not hammer before we are done discussing. I don't remember hearing so much from shraeye and Lekkit at least today, so everyone hold off voting until we are ready.

Is it not shooting then, I don't see anyone really arguing heavily in favor of shooting?

I am generally in favor of not shooting. Seeing as bus driver is a possibility, we can't count on directing his kill without causing mass confusion and basically GIVING scum (assuming Frisk is town) a completely controlled second kill. Which means it's "random" (ie. His choice) or nothing. Tonight, I would opt for nothing.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:24 pm »

other summaries of above post:
Frisk don't shoot.
I still think joth/jorbles has 1 scum
Robz is suspicious, but DON'T HAMMER YET
will relook at watno's stuff tomorrow (could he be telling the truth, and what are the implications for others' claims in that case?)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »

If I were scum, right now I would just hammer myself, because me being lynched is a foregone conclusion, and it would be beneficial to deprive the town of further discussion.

Because I am not scum, carry on.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 11, 2012, 12:02:34 am »

If I were scum, right now I would just hammer myself, because me being lynched is a foregone conclusion, and it would be beneficial to deprive the town of further discussion.

Nice try. If I had less respect for the rules, I would literally quote this into another game right now.  ;)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 11, 2012, 12:06:01 am »

Nice try. If I had less respect for the rules, I would literally quote this into another game right now.  ;)

Hahahaha

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:19 am »

Or maybe we're waaay off base on everything (but your scumminess), and the longer we theorize these ideas out of our dumb brains, the better chance your team has in the future.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:50 am »

other summaries of above post:
Frisk don't shoot.
I still think joth/jorbles has 1 scum
Robz is suspicious, but DON'T HAMMER YET
will relook at watno's stuff tomorrow (could he be telling the truth, and what are the implications for others' claims in that case?)

I'm answering your question above while quoting here:

Watno COULD be telling the truth. So could any of these people. What we KNOW is that they can't all be telling the truth TOGETHER. Since everything boils back to: There were two kills, Watno only saw one killer, he tends to crop up in a lot of scum pairings. But that doesn't make him scum.

For me, the overlying evidence is the Vanilla Ice Cream, and how it got there. Joth could've done it, but then why didn't he have paint on him? Maybe he did, and scumbuddy Watno just didn't tell us. Jorbles could've done it, seeing as his role is usually a scum role - maybe he could use other Ice Cream flavors - but again, where's his paint stains?
Robz could've done it. He IS a flavor thief after all. But then how did he get covered in paint? Maybe scumbuddy Watno shot him so that it hid him from being associated.

But then, there are explanations where Watno is telling the truth too. So for me, I've kinda fleshed out every possibility that I've seen throughout the day. Yes, Watno is in a lot of those. But ultimately I decided Robz was the single most likely suspect character. Doesn't mean he's scum, but I've got the strongest read there. So I'm voting him and not Watno.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 11, 2012, 12:09:13 am »

When I turn up town, I hope everyone does some soul-searching about who stand to gain the most from getting rid of me.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:00 am »

And who is that?  I'm really trying to figure that out right now myself.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:10 am »

Says the guy who has continued to call everyone idiots for lynching a claimed townie in every game that he's been lynched as scum in... AFTER the lynch, but before thread lock!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 11, 2012, 12:13:02 am »

When I turn up town, I hope everyone does some soul-searching about who stand to gain the most from getting rid of me.

And yet, if you were not you, you would vote for you:

If I were not me, I would definitely vote for me. My role does seem scummy. I don't think the people starting a wagon against me are scum.

;D

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 11, 2012, 12:13:21 am »

You know... would town robz be vague like this? Like if robz were town, and he had a role with a scummy-sounding name, and sort of confusing mechanics... wouldn't he be clearer?

Dunno. Maybe I do believe him, on second thought it seems more plausible for a few reasons. Not voting for him yet even though I've really wanted to lynch him earlier, I'm so having some doubts.

...or maybe I shouldn't believe him - Robz, are you a plant?

Wait, Robz was something KELP related, right?  Is this a thing?  What do *you* think about Robz?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:37 am »

arg, the "you" above means ftl.

I'm trying to stop writing you so often in mafia games.  In my head it's super clear who I'm talking to, but after reading so many vague "you"s from others in all the games, I'm really trying to stop that mistake.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:59 am »

You know... would town robz be vague like this? Like if robz were town, and he had a role with a scummy-sounding name, and sort of confusing mechanics... wouldn't he be clearer?

Dunno. Maybe I do believe him, on second thought it seems more plausible for a few reasons. Not voting for him yet even though I've really wanted to lynch him earlier, I'm so having some doubts.

Wait, Robz was something KELP related, right?  Is this a thing?  What do *you* think about Robz?

Now THAT'S an interesting find.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15:59 am »

unvote so no hammer. I want to hear from ftl.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:07 am »

Couple of comments to shraeye's big post:

The reason we are not that worried about Frisk is that we will likely find the truth about him later anyways (role madness, plenty of ways to catch him I would think) and he can't really do any damage to us now, we have concluded he is either a vig (good) or a serial killer who now has to play exactly like a vig would (again good, because we essentially have a vig for now we later might need to lynch). So, he is not a good lynch target for today, because he is useful if he's town, he isn't dangerous if he is scum, and we probably won't need to take a gamble on it because later we'll probably KNOW which it was.

I'm surprised at the scum read on Galzria and that section of your post looks scummy as hell. You saw someone say Galzria could be scum, don't even remember who or what the case was, but still are excited to go read back to see what it was because you so want Galzria to be scum!? He has been extremely helpful today and is actually my strongest town read of the entire town because of that (YES YES he could be scum but he for example essentially made the case against Robz who I think is very likely to be scum.. shraeye, you too seemed to suspect Robz, how do you explain this!?). You going after him like that makes it seem like you don't really consider the actual facts but rather try to look for evidence you'd want to be true..  sound like mafia behavior much? I do recall having this argument about trusting one's gut versus the actual facts earlier, so this might also be a difference in playstyle / viewpoint rather than actual scumminess  (hmm not sure, maybe that was with SfS actually, can you confirm?).

Also, the last line of your summary.. IF WATNO IS LYING, HE IS SCUM. People don't seem to consider this enough. WHATEVER THEORIES YOU HAVE, THEY NEED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE MISSING TRACKING RESULT OR YOU NEED TO BE VOTING FOR WATNO.

And @ "too good to be true"
Certainly I don't think they are all scum. But for example finding 2 scum in the group of Robz Frisk Watno Jorbles Jotheonah would be EXCELLENT for day 2, now all we need to do is figure out a narrative that explains all actions sufficiently and then later adjust it to flips and stuff.

Overall that post gave me a weird vibe, shraeye is now on par with Lekkit as a mostly gut based scum read for me outside the group we've discussed today so far.

PPE: 12 new replies holy canoly, I'll post this anyway before reading them.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 11, 2012, 12:28:07 am »

Oh boy. I did not get that that's what he meant when he said that. I... did not even make that association.

I Googled Kelptomaniac to see if that was like a band or something (yeah, I get that it's like kleptomaniac, only spelled like kelp). I don't really understand my flavor very well. Spongebob was also my first though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 11, 2012, 12:28:15 am »

first thought*

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 11, 2012, 12:32:18 am »

Really, Eevee?  I read 12 pages at once, and can't remember a case made against Galzria.  My gut still feels weird with him so i ask someone to recall it if they can (whoever made it I bet still remembers it well).

How did that turn into a scum read on Galz???  I'm not sure if you can characterize my parenthetical about Galz as "excited to go read back"  If this were a serious scumread, you bet your bubblegum I'd have already done the research myself and be ready with a clear post.  I'm just asking for clarification.

The gut/fact argument was not with me, so it possibly was with SFS.

What I'm now curious about is why did you jump at me for asking somebody to recall Galzria's argument?
For other people's benefit, I'm posting my "excited over Galzria being scum" sentences below.  Protip: There is a huge disparity between what they are and what Eevee says they are.
By the way, I vaguely recall somebody making a scum pairing including Galz, who made that and what was the explanation?  Because I'm still super wary of Galz, and I can't tell when he's explaining sometimes whether he's being clear and helping me make informed decisions [town], or being forceful and pushing me to sheep his decisions [scummy]).

You going after [Galzria] like that makes it seem like you don't really consider the actual facts but rather try to look for evidence you'd want to be true
Yeah man, I was reeeeally going after Galzria there.  Frankly I'm surprised he didn't get immediately lynched over that *awesome* case I made.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 11, 2012, 12:35:29 am »

At no point do I deny that Galzria has been helpful in sorting things out.  cayvie and ftl also posted nice summaries, and jorbles organized the huge list of everyone's claims.  Props to all of them.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:10 am »

I knew he was more like a vegetable than an animal or a mineral, and wanted to set up a situation where Robz would think that lying about it to me could give him towncred. Maybe get him to lie if he's scum. Didn't really work.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.