Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My first game report!  (Read 820 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
My first game report!
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:03 pm »
+1

Well, I just played what to me is one of the weirdest games I ever played.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130119/log.50612f220cf2d91d287a93b8.1358656657855.txt

Key cards are Chapel, Feodum, Hunting Party, and Knights. My opponent and I open Chapel Silver. My thoughts are to build a Hunting Party deck that plays a single Knight to pretty much destroy my opponents. Unfortunately, my opponent wins the Knight split and because my deck is so slim, anything I buy will end up being destroyed. So, I get the brilliant idea of buying Feodums. My thoughts are that when they are destroyed I will get 3 silvers which will boost my points for other Feoda, and I will get some buying power as well. One of my turns, I have three Feodums in my hand and Chapel them for 9 Silvers. And, from there, I make a comeback because my economy is much better and end up winning. I probably didn't play optimally, but I thought it was an interesting game to show.

Of note, this game makes me wonder if Feodum Chapel is actually a viable strategy. I think it might actually just be.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: My first game report!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:13:48 am »

Curious!

It seems like it would be reasonable as a springboard to something. If you're just going chapel-feodum-bm, that should be slower than just the equivalent BM maybe? But if you have a reason to trash everything anyway, and your chapel will collide with your feoda, then sure.

I just tried it out against a bot and it worked, but the bot was sort of stupid. So I'm still not sure.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: My first game report!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:41:47 am »

I probably would have opened Chapel/Feodum here. You can trash faster and will end up with more money.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.853 seconds with 21 queries.