Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Since the cat is out of the bag...Dominion Leaked Cards  (Read 66421 times)

andwilk

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +152
    • View Profile
Re: Since the cat is out of the bag...Dominion Leaked Cards
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »
+2

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Slightly disappointed that there is only one Looter in the set.  I thought there would be at least one more card that hands out Ruins.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »
+2

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Slightly disappointed that there is only one Looter in the set.  I thought there would be at least one more card that hands out Ruins.

Good point, this works better than Chancellor in that you now only need three Stash to make it work. Also, having two Scavenger's let's you always top deck the other Scavenger. Much, much better than Chancellor/Stash.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:04:10 pm by Beyond Awesome »

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2012, 10:04:17 pm »
+1

Scavenger/Stash FTW

There are still 16 kingdom cards to be revealed (excluding Armory), two of which are confirmed to be Looters. There is also 1 more non-supply card left to be revealed.

andwilk

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:32 pm »

Scavenger/Stash FTW

There are still 16 kingdom cards to be revealed (excluding Armory), two of which are confirmed to be Looters. There is also 1 more non-supply card left to be revealed.

My bad... I forgot the set was so large!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2012, 12:12:15 am »

Wait, so it actually is called Count?

And here, when I saw the post alluding to that as an acronym, I was assuming that 'of', as a "little word", was to be omitted from the intended acronym...

That's why I capitalized the 'O'. Although had I realized that possibility, I would have found another word for that letter.

petrie911

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2012, 12:22:59 am »

So, what happens if I play Band of Misfits as an Island?  Does it get set aside?  Do the set aside cards return to my deck, since Band of Misfits no longer has Island's text that says to do so?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:18 am »
+1

So, what happens if I play Band of Misfits as an Island?  Does it get set aside?  Do the set aside cards return to my deck, since Band of Misfits no longer has Island's text that says to do so?

I'd imagine it gets set aside.  That would be a terrible waste of a Band of Misfits, though.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

petrie911

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
+4

Well, it's something to consider in Possession games.

Also, is the art for Survivors based on another card?  The other 4 are fairly clear, but I can't place that one.

EDIT: One more thing.  Ironworks + Watchtower + Fortress.  Gain Fortress, trash it to put it in your hand, play it with he action from ironworks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:43:48 am by petrie911 »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:20 am »
+1

Well, it's something to consider in Possession games.

Also, is the art for Survivors based on another card?  The other 4 are fairly clear, but I can't place that one.

EDIT: One more thing.  Ironworks + Watchtower + Fortress.  Gain Fortress, trash it to put it in your hand, play it with he action from ironworks.

See, all of these neat little tricks would be a lot more useful if Fortress was more than just a Village.  Sure, you can Process it and put it back in your hand, or Watchtower it or whatever, but at the end of the day, it's just a Village.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Loschmidt

• Golem
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2012, 03:03:00 am »
+1

My initial thoughts on Count:

WHAT WAS DONALD SMOKING! Count has 9 options! 9! My housemate has enough AP when he plays a pawn.

My more measured later thoughts on Count:

I love this card. I love that all of the first set of options make the "trash your hand" option simultaneously better and worse! They slow Count down to being slower than Chapel in the early game, but in the middle game they help you protect your valuable cards.

I also love that this card has really strong alt-vp support. How many cards are you equally happy to buy when going gardens or an engine?

Basically when do I not want a Count?

Loschmidt

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:01 am »
+2

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Wow i hadn't thought about that. It's stronger than chancellor/stash because you can use the Scavenger to sync your 4 Stashes with a gold. After 4 Stashes and a Gold every Scavenger is a colony next turn.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2012, 03:08:38 am »
+1

Yes, it is set aside.

They will be returned to your deck. "Return them to your deck at the end of your game" on Island is a redundant reminder, since the game rules also say "Each player puts all of his cards into his Deck" at Game End.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2012, 03:26:10 am »
+4

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Wow i hadn't thought about that. It's stronger than chancellor/stash because you can use the Scavenger to sync your 4 Stashes with a gold. After 4 Stashes and a Gold every Scavenger is a colony next turn.

Even more for Provinces: Just buy 3 Stashs and 2 Scavengers and sync the second Scavenger with the 3 Stashs every turn.

This is even far easier to build up than Chancellor/Stash, where you usually need 4 Stashs and 2-3 Chancellors to play them frequently.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:28:22 am by kn1tt3r »

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2012, 03:30:22 am »
+2

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Even more for Provinces: Just buy 3 Stashs and 2 Scavengers and sync the second Scavenger with the 3 Stashs every turn.

This is for easier to build up than Chancellor/Stash, where you usually need 4 Stashs and 2-3 Chancellors to play the frequently.

Yeah, I noticed that too yesterday. That seems really powerful.

Scavenger/Stash is now even more powerful than Chancellor/Stash. With 2 Scavengers and 3 Stashes you basically have a guaranteed Province.

There's still the possibility to draw the second Scavenger in hand. But just add one more Stash and you're golden. Only discard attacks can hurt then.

Loschmidt

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:22 am »

!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:47 am »
+2

Scavenger/Stash FTW

This is for easier to build up than Chancellor/Stash, where you usually need 4 Stashs and 2-3 Chancellors to play the frequently.

Scavenger/Stash is now even more powerful than Chancellor/Stash. With 2 Scavengers and 3 Stashes you basically have a guaranteed Province.

There's still the possibility to draw the second Scavenger in hand. But just add one more Stash and you're golden. Only discard attacks can hurt then.

Adding a third Scavenger is cheaper. :)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2012, 04:27:04 am »

Scavenger/Stash FTW

Adding a third Scavenger is cheaper. :)

Yah. I don't really see the point of a fourth Stash with this combo. In my opinion, that would slow you down. In case for some rare reason, the Scavenger was in your hand with the other three Stash's and other Scavenger, I think you should just buy green because eventually you will hit that Scavenger again, and it's all Province from there.

Loschmidt

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2012, 04:31:19 am »

WHAT WAS DONALD SMOKING! Count has 9 options! 9! My housemate has enough AP when he plays a pawn.

I love this card. I love that all of the first set of options make the "trash your hand" option simultaneously better and worse! They slow Count down to being slower than Chapel in the early game, but in the middle game they help you protect your valuable cards.

I also love that this card has really strong alt-vp support. How many cards are you equally happy to buy when going gardens or an engine?

While further thinking about Count on the bus home I've realised just how finely balanced Count is.

So the first set of options of meh options are there to perfectly balance the second set of awesome options.

+$3 is always awesome; discarding, top decking and copper gaining all slow it down.
"trash your hand"; super powerful at the beginning - discard, top deck and copper gain slow it down. Hard to set up during the mid-game; discard and top-deck help you keep your good cards safe.
"gain a duchy"; going for a duchy early seems like an alt-vp strategy, have a copper! Or maybe you've just started greening and hit $4, in that case top deck your best treasure for a better shot at province next turn.

PitzerMike

• Young Witch
  • Longtime Pearldiver
  • Respect: +110
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2012, 06:04:37 am »

Clever to put the "return to hand when trashed" thing on a village.
It combos well with some of the DA cards but as a village it can still be useful in games without them.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2012, 06:41:13 am »

Oh, and Count is a ridiculous 5/2 opening. Open Count, trash EVERYTHING, use the $3 to buy Silver, and continue on happily.

Nope. "Trash your hand" and "+$3" are mutually exclusive.
I meant trash down to 1 card (just Count) first, then use the $3 option. :)

Well, that's slow. If you have Count in hand with 4 cards you want to trash, you have to discard 2 of them, put one back on your deck, or gain a Copper. So you're really only removing 3 cards max per play. As Donald has said elsewhere, a Chapel that can only trash 3 cards is just much, much slower.

I'm not sure whether I'm not getting it or you guys?! You don't need to discard two cards in order to trash. So you may still trash 4 cards (well, if you choose to gain a copper).

Loschmidt

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2012, 06:57:16 am »
+1

Oh, and Count is a ridiculous 5/2 opening. Open Count, trash EVERYTHING, use the $3 to buy Silver, and continue on happily.

Well, that's slow. If you have Count in hand with 4 cards you want to trash, you have to discard 2 of them, put one back on your deck, or gain a Copper. So you're really only removing 3 cards max per play. As Donald has said elsewhere, a Chapel that can only trash 3 cards is just much, much slower.

I'm not sure whether I'm not getting it or you guys?! You don't need to discard two cards in order to trash. So you may still trash 4 cards (well, if you choose to gain a copper).

If you gain a copper its basically like you only trashed 3 cards.

andwilk

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:29 am »

From what we have seen so far from Dark Ages, I expect Develop and Upgrade to make a big step up in the rankings on Qvist's Best Cards lists.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2012, 07:40:36 am »
+1

If you gain a copper its basically like you only trashed 3 cards.

Yeah, I got that (which is what I wanted to make clear by my half sentence in brackets). But it's still not like: you need to discard 2 cards before you can trash your hand. And to make this clear (at least to those who don't know), though I guess we both know we're talking about early game situations: if you have more than 5 cards in hand, you don't just trash 3 cards.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:14 am »
+1

While further thinking about Count on the bus home I've realised just how finely balanced Count is.

So the first set of options of meh options are there to perfectly balance the second set of awesome options.

+$3 is always awesome; discarding, top decking and copper gaining all slow it down.
"trash your hand"; super powerful at the beginning - discard, top deck and copper gain slow it down. Hard to set up during the mid-game; discard and top-deck help you keep your good cards safe.
"gain a duchy"; going for a duchy early seems like an alt-vp strategy, have a copper! Or maybe you've just started greening and hit $4, in that case top deck your best treasure for a better shot at province next turn.

I expect DoubleCount will be the new DoubleJack.

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2012, 08:34:47 am »

All the talk about Misfits is focusing on the weirder rules implications, but I'm trying to figure out how often I'll even want it. I looked at a few random tables and sure, sometimes I could see some nice uses (Baron if you have an Estate, Monument if you don't; JoaT until you need it to be Tournament). But other times it would be like, Moat with no reaction/Great Hall with no VP, or Pawn/Smugglers/Masq/Brigand, and man, that is not flexibility I need.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 1.335 seconds with 20 queries.