Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 25110 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2024, 02:02:02 am »

apologies everyone.
I had a uhm... an issue with flies in my house today. I was 100% sure I could handle it.. and uh... I was wrong... the flies won.

Fun fact. Flies can make like nests or something in shower drains, and if you piss them off... they just like... swarm. So yeah, that's been my day.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2024, 02:05:47 am »

Ah, it has begun!

It's good to catch that there are no third parties, I missed that because it was weirdly under "bastard" mechanics?

Is Swowl more likely town or scum for pointing this out?
It is, unfortunately, perfectly Swowl-neutral in my mind

Are you more likely town or scum for wondering this?

Vote: faust
It is, unfortunately, perfectly faust-neutral in my mind

Hi hi hi hi hi!

I’ve missed you all so much! I have so many questions for all of you about your lives and new and exciting life events. I’ll try to refrain because I don’t liked being called fluffy but know that I am burning with buroisty. EFHW, it killed me not to be able to say hi because the thread was locked. I’m kicking myself for not figuring out some other way than f.ds to send you a message.

I’m soaking up the set up talk, although my guess is that it won’t help me much until Day 2 when someone can actually explain what happened instead of what can happen.

Deadline is Monday evening at 8, and likely too late for our euro friends (just faust, Awa, and thief? And for Jimmm it’s so late that it will be morning again?). And plurality. Thanks fausty for that. Good eye!

I don't know WestCoastDidds---is this ultra-friendly post almost entirely devoid of content typical?
Yes, it's the most Didds post the has ever Diddsed.

Can confirm the diddsiness of the post.

I know I am putting myself in there, but all of this is agreed to be neutral.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2024, 02:11:27 am »

Didds, I want your opinion...

Who is the #1 most content-full player right now?

Non-posters aside, who is the #1 least content-full?

Feel free to ignore either question, too.

This is a fun question.

I am going to say tie between fang and awa as most full content.
I am going to say Shraeye for least content.

Would you answer your own question?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2024, 02:12:03 am »

Vote: Shraeye for now

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2024, 02:17:05 am »

Vote: Jimmmmm
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2024, 02:17:58 am »

I 100% agree with Shraeye and in fact vote: joth

I find this to be a silly question. Setup talk is totally faction-neutral. What's the implication? That scum is going to keep mum and hope no one else read the setup so they can keep their SK fakeclaim in their back pocket? Absurd.

vote: faust

These are very strong words from a day 1`townie. Feels more like joth is trying to get an exhile going rather than trying to scumhunt.

I don’t know how to word it exactly but robz first post strikes me as too “talking about things without saying anything” which is scummy. Though he is correct he is much better as scum and it’s actually a post I would expect scum!robz to reread and go “that sounds too much talking about things without saying anything” and come in more direct with a take on something a’la his second and third posts. So town reading robz for now.

Also going to unvote: joth, combination of joth himself reminding me that the two of us very often find ourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment and robz read on him which is typically good.

MCMC - given all that - how do you feel about Shraeye rn?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2024, 02:20:25 am »

I 100% think that Shraeye is being cagey.

I feel like you were hunting for an adjective to describe shraeye's 2 relevant posts. Cagey doesn't seem to fit to me.

FWIW I disagree with you here Jimmmm. I see what fang was saying. I want to be clear it has 0% reason why I am voting for Shraeye, but I don't think holding it against anyone here is productive.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2024, 02:21:12 am »

I don’t know how to word it exactly but robz first post strikes me as too “talking about things without saying anything” which is scummy. Though he is correct he is much better as scum and it’s actually a post I would expect scum!robz to reread and go “that sounds too much talking about things without saying anything” and come in more direct with a take on something a’la his second and third posts. So town reading robz for now.
I'm quite confused. Is it scummy to do a "talking about things without saying anything" post, or is it towny? Or does it depend on the person? If so, who would it be a scumtell for?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2024, 02:21:44 am »

To faust's point about deadline and no mishaps - I will have no problem at all being around for deadline. I think it would be well done if we had everyone post up on this sooner than later so we know where we stand.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2024, 02:22:22 am »

faust - Jimmm bc fluff?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2024, 02:25:05 am »

faust - Jimmm bc fluff?
That's one way to put it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2024, 02:26:07 am »

faust - Jimmm bc fluff?

Anything else at this point?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2024, 02:31:48 am »

Cuzz - have you played with Awaclus before?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2024, 02:37:37 am »

Robz Shraeye Pasta MCMC where yall at top read wise?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2024, 04:05:34 am »

faust - Jimmm bc fluff?

Anything else at this point?
Nothing I want to elaborate on for now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2024, 05:38:07 am »

Cuzz - have you played with Awaclus before?

We have played a few games but not that many and it has been a long time.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2024, 05:50:32 am »

To faust's point about deadline and no mishaps - I will have no problem at all being around for deadline. I think it would be well done if we had everyone post up on this sooner than later so we know where we stand.
To elaborate on my own availability - I will be around up until ~3 hours before the deadline.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2024, 06:32:34 am »

I feel like you were hunting for an adjective to describe shraeye's 2 relevant posts. Cagey doesn't seem to fit to me.

FWIW I disagree with you here Jimmmm. I see what fang was saying. I want to be clear it has 0% reason why I am voting for Shraeye, but I don't think holding it against anyone here is productive.

"Cagey" to me, and by definition, is "reluctant to give information", ie information is being asked for and could be provided, but is not freely forthcoming. In shraeye's two "Unfortunately perfectly neutral" posts which fang was presumably referring to, the questions weren't specifically directed at shraeye, and "null" is a legitimate answer, and may well be what he truly believes. Hedging, on the fence, yes. But not "cagey" unless you're arguing that shraeye is hiding his true opinion.

...Which, it occurs to me, may have been the point. Was it, fang?
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2024, 06:35:16 am »

To elaborate on my own availability - I will be around up until ~3 hours before the deadline.

Deadline is 10am for me, which is perfectly fine if we actually wait until deadline. If a hammer came with a few hours to spare I'd likely still be asleep.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2024, 07:03:32 am »

Vote Count 1.1

faust (2): Awaclus, joth
joth (1): infangthief
mcmcsalot (1): Jimmmmm
infangthief (1): faust
Awaclus (1): Cuzz
scolapasta (1): Didds
Not Voting (5): Robz888, shraeye, Swowl, scolapasta, mcmcsalot

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to exile. Day 1 ends July 29, 2024, 08:00:00 pm

This is…. Quite a vote count. Lots of votes, no wagons.

I’m not even really feeling my faust vote anymore, so I’m gonna make it even uglier and unvote. I’ll do some rereading today and put my vote somewhere.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2024, 07:25:40 am »

I won't be around for the deadline. On deadline day I'll probably be around like 7-11am, and again about 5pm (all forum time). Deadline 8pm.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2024, 07:31:56 am »

I 100% agree with Shraeye and in fact vote: joth

I find this to be a silly question. Setup talk is totally faction-neutral. What's the implication? That scum is going to keep mum and hope no one else read the setup so they can keep their SK fakeclaim in their back pocket? Absurd.

vote: faust

These are very strong words from a day 1`townie. Feels more like joth is trying to get an exhile going rather than trying to scumhunt.

Also going to unvote: joth, combination of joth himself reminding me that the two of us very often find ourselves wagoning each other regardless of alignment and robz read on him which is typically good.

MCMC - given all that - how do you feel about Shraeye rn?

A slight town read.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2024, 07:42:37 am »

"Cagey" to me, and by definition, is "reluctant to give information", ie information is being asked for and could be provided, but is not freely forthcoming. In shraeye's two "Unfortunately perfectly neutral" posts which fang was presumably referring to, the questions weren't specifically directed at shraeye, and "null" is a legitimate answer, and may well be what he truly believes. Hedging, on the fence, yes. But not "cagey" unless you're arguing that shraeye is hiding his true opinion.

...Which, it occurs to me, may have been the point. Was it, fang?

No. By cagey I meant the opposite of bold. Instead of objectively "this is neutral" it was like "to my mind, I think this is neutral". I think he is stating his true opinion, and doing so in a way which makes it clear that other people may have other opinions.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2024, 07:44:25 am »

I'm quite confused. Is it scummy to do a "talking about things without saying anything" post, or is it towny? Or does it depend on the person? If so, who would it be a scumtell for?

I think it depends on the person. I think scum generally wants to seem like they are talking a lot but they don’t really want to provide helpful content. However scum also has the option to be more of a driver of conversation/wagons. That’s the general point and I think players that are typically very helpful as town want to seem like they are talking lots as scum. I would probably toss you in that category shraeye a bit as well.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2024, 07:44:45 am »

Dang do you think being cagey is scummy?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.