Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 26990 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #2625 on: September 02, 2024, 09:50:39 am »

It was so good to see you all again. I feel like we have been through some stuff together after all these years and I appreciate you all.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 02, 2024, 10:06:41 am »

Good game!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 02, 2024, 07:00:37 pm »

Good game everyone!!!!

You had all this time off and wanted to go back to being obvi!scum if alive on day 3 already huh Faust! You can tell by the speccy I was 100% confident you were a town bomb who had been rolecoped night 1…

Gg to Jimm too who sold being frustrated at faust super well if I had any doubt before the jimm exhile that solidified it :)
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 02, 2024, 07:22:48 pm »

Good game everyone!!!!

You had all this time off and wanted to go back to being obvi!scum if alive on day 3 already huh Faust! You can tell by the speccy I was 100% confident you were a town bomb who had been rolecoped night 1…

Gg to Jimm too who sold being frustrated at faust super well if I had any doubt before the jimm exhile that solidified it :)

Yes I second this, good job Jimmm!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 08, 2024, 02:38:34 am »

Good game all! Thanks MiX and Eddie.

I said it for this purpose, but there was uh some real frustration mixed in. Despite being teammates and both playing our roles in our interactions, I didn't really enjoy what faust said. And being exiled shortly after when I thought I still had 36 hours to put my case together was kind of sucky.

I thought we had come up with an interesting plan for how to handle the Day's claim, but no one seemed to bother to ask the question of why I would make that risky claim (Watching Didds) as scum when I could just claim to have Watched Swowl. It was possible that someone would come up with the answer (that we knew scola had no shots left), but I was disappointed that no one asked the question. I also had the growing sense that people just generally weren't understanding where I was coming from, and it was annoying that the one person who seemed to be on a similar wavelength to me was subbed out. And it was like, I gave the reasoning for Watching Didds, and after that three people asked me why I Watched Didds, and then no one really responded to the reasons.

I don't particularly love being scum, and it was stressful having to make a potentially dubious claim. I was freaking out that scola somehow still had a shot left. And for that stress and effort to be beaten seemingly just by the idea that Didds wouldn't do a hard thing, was a bit of a slap in the face when I was the one who had been doing the hard thing.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: September 08, 2024, 04:02:39 am »

How wonderful to have been on the same wavelength as a scum player :P

But yes, reading day 5 I was totally convinced by your arguments and would certainly have voted Didds. Didds + faust scum team was just so obvious by that point.

Sorry Didds. One day I'll believe you're town in a game where you are actually town.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 08, 2024, 09:42:36 am »

I said it for this purpose, but there was uh some real frustration mixed in. Despite being teammates and both playing our roles in our interactions, I didn't really enjoy what faust said. And being exiled shortly after when I thought I still had 36 hours to put my case together was kind of sucky.
Sorry if I acted in a way that made you not enjoy the game.

I too would have hoped that your claim would go down better. It didn't unfortunately, and I don't think anything you could have said would have made a difference. When people already scumread you they don't tend to read your cases in good faith.

I was trying to give you some sort of out by giving you the opportunity to present some sort of partner narrative, but it seemed you were insistent on antagonizing me. There was some real frustration on my end as well.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 08, 2024, 10:16:42 am »

I was getting there. Maybe not quickly enough, and having trouble getting my thoughts together was another cause of frustration. I felt like there was a decent case on Didds to be made, and I planned on having it done that evening and to look at partners the following day (ie the day leading up to deadline). Given I'd indicated that you were most likely Didds' or scola's partner, the answer probably would have been you, so it didn't really make sense for me to give you an answer at that time regarding who was scum out of EFHW and scola.
f.ds QuickTopic Archive - 119,321 posts from 1,894 QTs, mostly from old Forum Games, available for your perusal!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 08, 2024, 10:21:32 am »

If I had a scum team to coach me, I would have a way better fake claim than my real claim. That y’all like don’t like my targets isn’t at all sus, it’s typical (le sigh)

Depends on whether you had certain target claims you were avoiding.

I don’t even understand at all

Say on a given Night Town Didds would have tracked me. But scum Didds knew I was a Watcher and didn't know who I watched, so claimed a target that couldn't be contradicted. Not saying this specifically happened, just an example.
So what you're saying is scum!Didds already knew that roles the Swowl and I had?

I will point out that I somewhat misunderstood what you were saying here and therefore responded poorly to it. At a glance it seemed that your responding with "So what you're saying" to me specifically saying that I was "Not saying" didn't make sense, but I realised afterwards that you were responding more to the original point I made rather than the example.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 08, 2024, 12:55:10 pm »

I’m sorry you felt slapped Jimmmm. That’s not a good feeling.

EFHW was the rapid accelerant, though. Faust voted, but I even I had followed immediately that wouldn’t have been enough. And she didn’t say why she was voting when she did.

Being scum is full of hard things! Literally my best argument had to be “c’mon yall, you know that is not my scum game at all!” Which probably meant something to EFHW, but fang wouldn’t have cared.

Our town-on-town tunnels really hurt us this game. I don’t know how we get out from under that.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 08, 2024, 05:10:38 pm »

I think there were ways we could have won sooner, but it worked out, and faust got himself practically to IC status by the end, so I don’t think we were ever at real risk of losing the game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 08, 2024, 08:11:49 pm »

There was certainly a point at which it seemed like we were the only 3 people who hadn't been seriously suspected. And any attempt at wagon analysis was fairly meaningless because we didn't really care who was exiled.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.