Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 228877 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1825 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:09 pm »

Cool. (Cool cool cool.)

So we started off the game with 14 players (15 if you count space) and at this point we can identify 6 of those 14 as non-town. Do we think there's a 7th (that would mean we had only half the population at game-start), or do we think the rest of us are town and some/all of these claimed survivors are scum? I think we think the latter. I'd like to start by lynching mail-mi, but I can also do swan/didds.

probably let the claims finish before you point out to skum what not to claim moving forward....
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:19 pm »

real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 06, 2020, 12:59:12 am »

- All the powers that we were given were done so in a shared-factional usage, not independently. This is to say, I have all the same powers WCD does, but not "double".
So... what are these powers?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 06, 2020, 12:59:38 am »

@mail-mi: Do you have a gun?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 06, 2020, 01:07:19 am »

@mail-mi: Do you have a gun?

Yes, though it only had 1 bullet
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: May 06, 2020, 02:35:10 am »

- All the powers that we were given were done so in a shared-factional usage, not independently. This is to say, I have all the same powers WCD does, but not "double".
So... what are these powers?

Pretty sure that WCD already covered this, but to be clear...

1) 1 shot "give the thing to Space"(or whoever). I am completely leaving the call in Space's hands on what info to divulge on that one. That is why I asked if they knew what the item does. I will even go as far to say that if they come back with "I don't know what it does" and they want the info I will give said info without any fight.

2) 1 shot revive. One of us could revive a player once that player was dead. There were some extremely weird contingencies on this one, but essentially -  we could revive a player that was not one of us or, one Dorian could revive the other as long as a win con was not set prior to the death of the dead Dorian. So, we can either just revive someone, or we can revive one or the other of us as long as we had not yet had a fixed win con set.

3) We could of given up all powers and any use of our QT to become VTs on N0.

hope that clarifies.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 06, 2020, 03:05:59 am »

Okeydoke. Let's hear it from e.

I forgot to add that of course if Space want to claim something, they are free to do so at the end. I have another little thing I think I want to share.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 06, 2020, 03:08:19 am »

@Didds and Swan: Can you point to any posts from earlier that showcase that the 2 of you have a connection? Also, is your QT open only at Night, or also during the Day?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 06, 2020, 11:37:13 am »

Here you go faust.... Swan is doing far defending me because I was the one on the defensive most of the time so I just ISO'd him. I have to grade some exams, but if you want me to do the same for myself after that, lemme know

Day 1: Wherein we try to get on the same wagon

My role is complicated and has lots of moving parts, but not super powerful. (Again, kind of like my life...)
I like this softclaim. Like, not in the sense that I think it's pro-town necessarily; like, in the sense that it strikes me as true and makes me lean town on wcd.

I agree with the town read on WCD here.

I am not a fan of the EFHW or WCD cases at all. And while it isn't the best, I guess my next would be the pubby wagon in terms of choices. So that is where I will go for now.

Vote: Pubby

I apologize for being scare. Two games and the swift switch to online teaching have kicked my ass a little bit. But if not being as available as we had hoped is full on scummy, I’m not at the top of that list.
who is?

Galz, by like a mile

I mean, I am not advocating a case here, but obviously this is true.

Day 2: Wherein Swan defends me over and over again against Galz and Mail-mi (who I guess thought I might be the princess)

I understand the EFHW votes and the Galz votes....but, DatSwan, why e?

Cayvie is in my town bucket now.... so I’m not buying that she is setting up a town EFHW.

I'll get back to this down the road a bit. I have no info or anything like that.

#729 is when Galzy starts coming for me.
* On rereading I see that this is where my "bucket" verbiage comes from that Glaz decided was my scumtell

4) You opened your claim with making your "case" on WCD, which I do not agree with at all, but whatever that is not the point. Everything you did actually does line up with having the mindset of trying to find skum. At first I think it didn't, but thinking it over, it makes sense. You look into you top likely case, post it first, then post up the claim and then point out that you ofc want skum to get lynched. All that is fine... here are the issues.

a) I do not think you are gonna get skum out of WCD here, which of course is just clashing opinions, but makes me weary of your "read".
b) If your win con is "be alive when all the Aliens are dead", and as you said you believe there are Town and Skum Aliens... how do you see this claim working out for you? Real question, I did rough math, but I am sure you did it better before you claimed. Like on the ven diagram of things, I don't think that works in your favor right? Potential roles that would not want to sign your thing, unless I am missing something, include [Town Alien, Skum Alien, or like non-Alien skum]. Players on the possible sign list would be [Non-Alien Town.... and others?]. So yeah, I guess the question is... because you were not close enough to lynch to feel pressure at the time of claim... why not hold onto this info for a while? What did you gain here?
c) If I understand how this all works... which I probably don't... you are essentially just asking for help on the promise that you are tellilng the truth here right? Like there is absolutely no gain or loss for players that sign and/or agree to proxy you?

Sorry that is a lot and apologies if you embedded them in you thought process, but if I could just get some quick yes/no clarifications it would settle my mind a lot.

I believe her paranoia here is that it was the signing itself that killed LaLight.

This post is a result of knowing that we will not be told who killed us if its a NK
First, the argument that the numbers in the QT  didn’t match my claim. So... I would lie about that confirmable piece of information because...? yeah. Real smart of me. Or, you know, the more logical explanation is that somebody didn’t post (lazy or scum, who knows).
Obviously, the answer is - because you didn't know better. Like for example the recruitment to the QT was actually targeted, you targeted 4 players, it failed on one without your knowledge.

Second, bolded, I did clarify. You didn’t bother to circle back to that point though and ask me why I hadn’t yet (as it’s clear you missed it), did you? ... - or you’re just choosing to ignore it. Whichever.
Oh yeah, you did answer (when pressed about it, not on your own). And the answer is... ashersky didn't clarify. Which is funny because all the questions I asked about my role received clear and unambiguous answers from ashersky, even though they could have been answered by "you'll see when you get there". I don't believe that ashersky has a double standard in modding.

Clarification from a guy watching outside the ring - op says he won’t answer certain shit. And i can confirm that is true.

I do not want to lynch Galz or WCD. but I will lynch Galz before WCD.

Galz - I actually believe you are the survivor variant. But I believe WCD is town, which means you are the better choice if I have to choose. Will you not push eddie with me? if not will you push anyone else? I will gladly sheep you on like anyone but her or myself at this point.

I do not want to lynch Galz or WCD. but I will lynch Galz before WCD.

Galz - I actually believe you are the survivor variant. But I believe WCD is town, which means you are the better choice if I have to choose. Will you not push eddie with me? if not will you push anyone else? I will gladly sheep you on like anyone but her or myself at this point.

Why in the wide world of heck am I evil, though?

honestly, I do not have a great reason.
I am not lynching WCD.
I do not want to lynch Galz.
I still don't want to lynch Cayvie.
Space is town (today at least) so that's not happening.
gap...
I don't like the way the EFHW wagon started up... so skeptical there.

(edited down)

I am open to suggestions, even from you, if you are willing to look away from WCD/Space/faust and small ass gap - galz.
Do we have any reason to belive that there would be a concentration of aliens in the skum alignment? or are we thinking it is spread out marginally? I am not a huge follower of the show, I just watched the beginning in which most the aliens were baddies, but obv that is not the case.

Can there be Human Baddies? Can there be like *a lot* of Alien Town? does anyone know?

Didds, what is your read on Swan?

He is the opposite of jumping around, piling on, making flimsy cases, or being stubborn. So, he’s high on my town list, but not as high as cayvie.

Except 3/4 of those things are town traits.

Arguably all 4, but I can give you one.

She said I was high on her town list? im confused at your response.

OK - caught up. Just gonna broad stroke it.

@ Galz:

1) Your case on WCD is weak, at best. Like it doesn't even matter. You could divulge what you think WCD's quirk is at this point and there is so little time left in the day people would not have time to even attempt to go back and read games to verify it. And even if they did, well I can't speak for others, but for me even if it added up it wouldn't swing me.

2) That actually is kind of my whole basis on why you almost must be what you claim to be - I dont think you bring that case forward as skum and tunnel it like this.

3) I do not want to lynch you, but I will lynch you before WCD. I also do not believe I want to lynch faust. From my POV, if you are skum, then he is not skum... and if you are Survivor and he is skum, he would not want to lynch you, he would want to lynch town. EFHW I would lynch over Galz/Faust/WCD, so if you wanna try for that, I will join you there for now. But it is purely based a pool of people that I do not want to lynch and EFHW coming in 4th out of 4.
It doesn't seem like I'll have time to reread today, sorry y'all.

Also there's a very IRL reason I've been more disengaged D2 and kinda skirting along: it's the end of the semester, which means final projects and finals are coming due. I've just been busier than I was D1

would you consider Eddie or EFHW over WCD?

k fair - but if your read on faust that makes sense, which I suppose it at least has merit to it, is "he is alien skum he would want me dead bc we can't win together", why would you spend the whole day pushing WCD instead of faust?

to clarify - unless I am missing something, your read on WCD is she is skum. Which is good for you at this point if true if they get lynched. But no where near as good as alien skum... or even probably alien town... though I have no idea how you would get a read on alien town, so I guess that doesn't matter. But still, Alien!skum is def better for you then Random!Skum.

Yeah..
I will go with

Vote:EFHW

Better than  WCD by a mile. Closely followed by Galz imo.
And while I appreciate Galz case, which is why they are grouped close to WCD there... I just don't want faust today.

Also, Swowl, you still think I’m a baddie?

I’m so tired I just want to ramble a bit.

meh. I do but for the same reasons as always, which are about as solid as Galz' reasons on WCD so yeah. But not enough to care right now.

Day 3: Wherein Swan tries to find my killer

I mean let's just make it plain and simple on Galz.

I typed out specific yes or no questions to him in that post yesterday specifically so there was no way to weasle out of it. And one of them was "is there anything about your role you have not told us"? It was then asked again by faust, and both times he said "no, I have told you everything". If he had an alignment with cayvie that would be a lie.

Also, more strange. As he did in fact get lynched... I am inclined to believe they were not actually partners (knowingly at least) because cayvie claiming truth would of been a big swing that probably saves Galz. Though cayvie was not on Galz. But then also Galz really wanted to lynch Cayvie. IDK, they both died, probably doesn't matter.

More importantly...

We have another shot and killed plus just a "killed".

Obvious question would be I think if anyone got the contract thing. If there is a reason not to claim that out, then whatever I guess hold off. But if the sign thing went out again, and someone can confirm that cayvie signed it... that is kind of a go ahead for probably do not sign that anymore.

k I am fine with splitting work with you, I can look at it my way and you can your way and we can compare notes or whatever.

But 2 distinctions of differences in our POVs from what I can see..

1) Could be Survivors still - I am absolutely not sold that they were a form of skum. I mean, I suppose I lean that way, but I am at the like let's say 70% certainty level, not 100%. While I do not know what the explanations are, there could be a world in which we could explain kills here without them being a part of the equation.

2) faust and Galz  fight - They are absolutely capable of putting on a show like that. In fact, if they are skum together, they probably would go out of their way to do it because they always but heads when they are town/town or town/skum anyways. That being said.... I got pretty genuine vibes off of there back and forth.

3) Kill Selection - Additionally, if they are a team, then cayvie was part of that team too. Cayvie died... and they shot... WCD? I don't get that one. There were a lot of people that were willing to go for Didds yesterday, and while Galz flipping that color would not be great.... they also did not know Cayvie was gonna flip. So selling that flip as survivor and "galz was telling the truth" is not hard - which would then lead to Didds as an easy set up wagon. I would think if they were a skum team of 3 they would be more inclined to aim at like you/Skip for example.

Either way - I am gonna look at it as a "searching for Red Team" and I will get back in a bit.

ok I will give you that all of that checks out fairly well.
That would explain the weak af case galz made. My theory at the time was he would never make it as skum because it was such BS... but if he thought there was a chance he claims and gets WCD lynched and then they flip as skum... yeah that would of worked fairly heavy in their favor.

They still don't technically NEED to of had the ability to kill... but I can see how that could be factored in and make sense.

faust - you say that you targeted WCD with your ability right? but got Shraeye instaed. Why WCD?

And maybe the nicest exchaneg that has ever happened in regard to me (lack of ability to fakeclaim notwithstanding):

faust - you say that you targeted WCD with your ability right? but got Shraeye instaed. Why WCD?
I thought that when I put her on the spot to make a claim, it would be easy to see whether it was genuine; she's not that experienced with fakeclaims. Also she is among the people I'd most enjoy having a QT with.

well I def can't argue with the last part. she is fun.

The only thing you attempted to do was open a QT with her?

Day 4: Wherein I live again and Swan clarifies that we win with town

Ok so this makes zero sense to me. Why would a player who already won still be in the game? What is your purpose if your win-con has been fulfilled? Are you sure you aren't notified when your killer dies, and at that point you would be removed from the game?

This is a really good point.

Also, with so many choices for wincon, you would think one of them would be to be scum.

I also noticed that the first three scenarios are linked to specific alignments, but the fourth one isn't.

I could have given up what I have space, and my revival capabilities and just been town. I thought that sounded boring.

If I had Not been killed by D5, I was just a survivor and had to stay alive.

If I was on the wagon of three town lynches, I’d become town.

If was lynched or killed, I have to avenge my death

There is another part of these scenarios that I need to check on before I share, but that is the meat of the conditions.

Space has the best evidence that my goal is to help town win.

I do not comprehend any of the confusion here (minus the part that didds just updated). Like almost to a misleading point.

First off - we have claimed mailmi who has stated their win con was to find Princess Shraeye (awesome), and then kill/lynch whatever them. That happened. Mail-Mi is still in the game. Why would you be suspicious of WCD but not of Mail-Mi?

Secondly - Given the amount of flipped factions at this point, how is it not conceivable that "one of the win cons is linked to skum". Skum faction A kills her, she comes back to life and she inherently has to help skum faction B/C/D/E/F/however many the shit there are to win. That is a skum based win con. Albeit it is more survivor, but it is skum-survivor not town-survivor.

Lastly - I do not get the confusion on the win cons being linked.
1. They have no win con, and then turn into Town win con
2. They have no win con, they go day 5 with nothing happening and they gain survivor wincon.
3. They have no win con, they fullfil the lynch req, they gain town (or whatever in hindsight) wincon.
4. They have no win con, they get dead, and their win con is completely randomized based on who killed/lynched them.

They all start with having no win con, then based on events, the win con is chosen. 2 and 4 seem to be fairly directly linked to survivor, and 1 and 3 (as we don't even know if there is a skum faction of 3) seems likely to be linked to town.
Why is there a focus on #4 from you here efoo?

First off - we have claimed mailmi who has stated their win con was to find Princess Shraeye (awesome), and then kill/lynch whatever them. That happened. Mail-Mi is still in the game. Why would you be suspicious of WCD but not of Mail-Mi?
mail-mi has at least claimed that he needs to live till the end in order to win, like a survivor. So he hasn't won yet.

fair enough. I just assumed it was the same with Didds. But to your point, you are correct, they did not specify that.

mail-mi has at least claimed that he needs to live till the end in order to win, like a survivor. So he hasn't won yet.

fair enough. I just assumed it was the same with Didds. But to your point, you are correct, they did not specify that.
Not only did she not specify it, she in fact specified the opposite; namely that she would continue to play after having won. Later she walked it back a little.

well that is kind of my point. her specifying that she would continue to play and mail mi specifying their win con in the way they did led me to believe they were similar.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 06, 2020, 11:43:00 am »

Here you go faust.... Swan is doing far defending me because I was the one on the defensive most of the time so I just ISO'd him. I have to grade some exams, but if you want me to do the same for myself after that, lemme know
I'd loathe to keep you from the extremely fun task of grading... which I am definitely not putting off as we speak.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 06, 2020, 11:45:49 am »

I know we're waiting for e, but I would be happy to hear some discussions on the claims we've seen so far in the meantime.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 06, 2020, 12:02:57 pm »

I'd loathe to keep you from the extremely fun task of grading... which I am definitely not putting off as we speak.

Wanna trade?  I'll grade yours and you grade mine? B+ for everyone!

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 06, 2020, 01:20:50 pm »

I know we're waiting for e, but I would be happy to hear some discussions on the claims we've seen so far in the meantime.
I want to lynch the heck out of claimed survivors. Especially ones that are shooting people. Especially if they were blocked and no other nk happened.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 06, 2020, 01:31:38 pm »

I want to lynch the heck out of claimed survivors. Especially ones that are shooting people. Especially if they were blocked and no other nk happened.

Perhaps shraeye was the last scum with a regular night kill. Also there are bunches of ways for kills to be stopped. Killing me will do nothing to accomplish town's goal.

Besides I'm still pretty sure there's only 1 yellow scum left, especially now that we have more nontown claims.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 06, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »

@Didds and @Swan, do both/either of you need to be alive at the end of the game to win?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 06, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »

@Didds and @Swan, do both/either of you need to be alive at the end of the game to win?

Yes, one of us has to be alive. Which is why I said I didn't have to be alive as long as my killer was dead to win.

We have never have had the ability to kill anyone. The revive was our big trick.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 06, 2020, 01:42:51 pm »

We really need to hear from e. He's played under the radar consistently, and seemingly has no involvement with anything...which knowing this game makes no sense at all.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 06, 2020, 02:21:26 pm »

Hey!

I am Anne Mason, a doctor.  N1 I doctored faust, N2 Space, N3 faust again.  So there could be another reason that we missed a NK last night.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 06, 2020, 02:32:09 pm »

Also, sorry for not being around.  Last night was little guy's first night of sleep training. It was rough.

But he went to sleep tonight and has been staying asleep! So it is working! (As soon as I post this he is going to start crying in 3...2..)

I am going to go back and recap what we have claimed right now
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 06, 2020, 02:59:14 pm »

Awesome. vote: e

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: May 06, 2020, 03:01:03 pm »

I am Anne Glass-Mason.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 06, 2020, 03:02:28 pm »

Hot damn!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 06, 2020, 03:03:20 pm »

yeah I can kind of go with hot damn here....
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 06, 2020, 03:04:43 pm »

I have never been in a game where CC on flavor has happened before.
This is weird.

real good. That’s how

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 06, 2020, 03:06:28 pm »

It's mail-mi's turn. I will fullclaim right after.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.