Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226122 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1725 on: May 04, 2020, 03:32:07 pm »

Space, I had something to do with that.
Did you do the good thing and the bad thing, or just the good thing, or just the bad thing?

I had something to do with the thing that will help Space with aliens, which is good for her.

Have you said what that is?

I have not. I will let Space say or no.

It's a type of weapon, so not something I'd really expect someone scummy to hand to an IC.

was that the "good thing" or the "bad thing"?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 04, 2020, 03:34:37 pm »

FYI: I blocked mail-mi last night. Maybe that's the reason there was no nk.

this is the first block result you have claimed this game right? Just making sure I am not forgetting something.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 04, 2020, 04:20:03 pm »

Here is a thought. Based on the assumptions that..
a) MailMi is truthful.
b) Cayvie/Galz were the faction that have been "shooting AND killing" (because cayvie's death was just "killed").
c) Shraeye was a form of Serial Killer and a combination of them + some other faction, were responsible for the "just killed" deaths.

Night 1:
- 2 deaths.
- Cayvie "shoot and kills" MiX.
- Shraeye "kills" LL.

Night 2:
- 2 deaths.
- Cayvie "shoot and kills" WCD.
- Shraeye "kills" Cayvie.

*** so to that point, if it is assumed that SK!Shraeye was the other killer, meaning MailMi is essentially truthful in having not shot yet, because cayvie was "killed", the "shoot and killer" had to of been the other party... in this assumption... Shraeye".

Night 3:
- 0 Deaths
- EFHW claims to of blocked MailMi, suggesting that could be the reason for no NK.

Counter Argument - EFHW is skum setting up MailMi.
Normally in a situation like this there is an inherent downside for the liar - normally it would be the best case scenario is we mislynch their target, then we learn they were lying, then we lynch them. However, if EFHW is skum, they would have no reason to believe that Mail-Mi does *not* have the ability to kill, nor would they have a reason to believe that Mail-Mi is lying about not shooting. So, they fake a result on Mail-Mi, and when Mail-Mi flips what they claimed to be (a hunter of sorts), it will never actually look bad for EFHW.

Vote: EFHW

Maybe it wasn't even shraeye. Maybe EFHW's faction was the previous "just kills" and then they thought this out and chose not to shoot last night in order to rid themselves of the another faction player that has the ability to kill.
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 04, 2020, 04:27:27 pm »

I've got a minute, I am going to full claim my rolepowers.

My flavor name is simply The Hunter. My win condition is as you've been told.

I have a 1-shot Vig that I can use to hunt my target. I think shraeye's claimed "2 powers target me and I die" is a lie since my vig would kill him. I asked ash about it after shraeye claimed, and he said I would be able to kill the Last Princess with my shot. Since shraeye was already dead, I tried to shoot EFHW last night because either her or eddie is the last scum.

I also have a weakened flavor cop. Each night I can target a player and learn if they are the Last Princess or not. I learn no other information about the player.

I'm also 1-shot Bulletproof, and I am not informed if that shot is used up or not. That may be why we didn't have a kill last night, though I have no idea why scum would shoot at me from yesterday, so it's probably something else.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 04, 2020, 04:28:18 pm »

I think I'm with DatSwan here. I think EFHW is actually a scum roleblocker that's trying to set me up. Why me, I don't know. Probably cause I'm an easy mislynch since I'm not town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 04, 2020, 04:50:55 pm »

Normally in a situation like this there is an inherent downside for the liar - normally it would be the best case scenario is we mislynch their target, then we learn they were lying, then we lynch them. However, if EFHW is skum, they would have no reason to believe that Mail-Mi does *not* have the ability to kill, nor would they have a reason to believe that Mail-Mi is lying about not shooting. So, they fake a result on Mail-Mi, and when Mail-Mi flips what they claimed to be (a hunter of sorts), it will never actually look bad for EFHW.

Mhf. I would think that if EFHW was trying to set someone up, it wouldn't be the claimed Survivor that she could actually win with.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 04, 2020, 04:51:32 pm »

@mail-mi, are you human or alien?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 04, 2020, 04:52:19 pm »

EFHW should probably also fullclaim.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 04, 2020, 04:59:52 pm »

Human.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 04, 2020, 05:04:47 pm »

Human.
Of course you would say that. But most actual humans in this game have names.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 04, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »

There are things that disturb me here....

unvote

Let's talk more tomorrow.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 04, 2020, 05:19:30 pm »

Human.
Of course you would say that. But most actual humans in this game have names.
You said it yourself.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 04, 2020, 07:46:30 pm »

So Didds, if I understand correctly, you have the ability to revive yourself after death, regardless of how you die, and that ability is not conditional on any other events needing to happen in the game?

Also, I'm not really buying that your wincon is as vague as "avenging your death". You must have specific concrete goal(s) that should be reached, no? You're really given no information other than "avenge your death"?

1. It was not unconditional, and it was one-shot. I need to check on some things before I can say more about the resurrection conditions. But the gist of it is that I was shot and killed N2, and then resurrected N3. If Shraeye had been able to skip a night, my guess is that I'd have not come back today.

2. My specific, concrete goal is to see the person who killed me dead. I don't have any ability to kill other than participating in a lynch. I was not and will not be told who it was, even once they have been killed.  I have some hope that Shraeye killed me, but I am going to scum hunt in case it was someone else.
So you might have already won?

As far as I know, that is correct. I don't have to be alive when it is all over, but my killer can't be alive longer than I am.

It's a pretty weak position to be in. What I have going for me is that you all have seen my flip, you KNOW that I am not scum.  I want to lynch scum, it is my only goal.
Ok so this makes zero sense to me. Why would a player who already won still be in the game? What is your purpose if your win-con has been fulfilled? Are you sure you aren't notified when your killer dies, and at that point you would be removed from the game?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 04, 2020, 08:25:07 pm »

Mhf. I would think that if EFHW was trying to set someone up, it wouldn't be the claimed Survivor that she could actually win with.

agree-a-souras-rex most the time on that one. but the credit factor and the "killing factor" kind of weigh in a little there no?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 04, 2020, 08:26:17 pm »

I think I'm with DatSwan here. I think EFHW is actually a scum roleblocker that's trying to set me up. Why me, I don't know. Probably cause I'm an easy mislynch since I'm not town.

hold up. you shot at efoo yeah?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:02 pm »

I was in the petition qt last night. Nobody else spoke. I was interested to note that the qt was named session 4. I would have thought it should be session 3.

weird. should of been 3 people? or 4 people? I can't remember if the claim ended up being a third or a half of remaining.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 04, 2020, 08:49:42 pm »

FYI: I blocked mail-mi last night. Maybe that's the reason there was no nk.

this is the first block result you have claimed this game right? Just making sure I am not forgetting something.

That's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 04, 2020, 09:11:14 pm »

I'm Ben Mason. I have two powers but can only use one each night. I am a gunsmith and a roleblocker. N1 I gunsmithed Didds. I got a "no", but since there were so many redirections that night, I don't know who the "no" belongs to. N2 I gunsmithed Eddie and got a "no". Last night I roleblocked mail-mi because his claim didn't seem to match Shraeye's flip. His explanation today hasn't helped in that regard, either.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 04, 2020, 09:17:36 pm »

hold up. you shot at efoo yeah?

Yes. I have a stronger scumread on her than I do on Eddie. However I voted for Eddie yesterday because EFHW already had a wagon and I didn't want to detract away from getting shraeye killed.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 04, 2020, 09:19:42 pm »

Ok so this makes zero sense to me. Why would a player who already won still be in the game? What is your purpose if your win-con has been fulfilled? Are you sure you aren't notified when your killer dies, and at that point you would be removed from the game?

This is a really good point.

Also, with so many choices for wincon, you would think one of them would be to be scum.

I also noticed that the first three scenarios are linked to specific alignments, but the fourth one isn't.

I could have given up what I have space, and my revival capabilities and just been town. I thought that sounded boring.

If I had Not been killed by D5, I was just a survivor and had to stay alive.

If I was on the wagon of three town lynches, I’d become town.

If was lynched or killed, I have to avenge my death

There is another part of these scenarios that I need to check on before I share, but that is the meat of the conditions.

Space has the best evidence that my goal is to help town win.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1745 on: May 04, 2020, 09:43:56 pm »

Vote Count 4.1:

EFHW (2): mail-mi, Datswan
mail-mi (1): EFHW

Not Voting (6): 2.7, SpaceAnemone, WCD, uncleeurope, skip, faust

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 4 ends on May 10 at 10:00 p.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 04, 2020, 09:47:25 pm »

So Didds, if I understand correctly, you have the ability to revive yourself after death, regardless of how you die, and that ability is not conditional on any other events needing to happen in the game?

Also, I'm not really buying that your wincon is as vague as "avenging your death". You must have specific concrete goal(s) that should be reached, no? You're really given no information other than "avenge your death"?

1. It was not unconditional, and it was one-shot. I need to check on some things before I can say more about the resurrection conditions. But the gist of it is that I was shot and killed N2, and then resurrected N3. If Shraeye had been able to skip a night, my guess is that I'd have not come back today.

2. My specific, concrete goal is to see the person who killed me dead. I don't have any ability to kill other than participating in a lynch. I was not and will not be told who it was, even once they have been killed.  I have some hope that Shraeye killed me, but I am going to scum hunt in case it was someone else.
So you might have already won?

As far as I know, that is correct. I don't have to be alive when it is all over, but my killer can't be alive longer than I am.

It's a pretty weak position to be in. What I have going for me is that you all have seen my flip, you KNOW that I am not scum.  I want to lynch scum, it is my only goal.

I am not at all sure of what will happen, but I’ve explained it as I understand it. Part of the confusion here with things not making sense is that I’m stepping around the part that I can’t share (which I alluded to earlier). My explanation was a simplification of the intents and purposes of my role. The most important part right now is that I’m here to help town. Space’s gift speaks to that, as does my desire to lynch those who shoot and kill.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 04, 2020, 11:49:18 pm »

Also, with so many choices for wincon, you would think one of them would be to be scum.

I also noticed that the first three scenarios are linked to specific alignments, but the fourth one isn't.

I could have given up what I have space, and my revival capabilities and just been town. I thought that sounded boring.

There is another part of these scenarios that I need to check on before I share, but that is the meat of the conditions.

Hmmm...it feels like this is being understood fatherly narrowly in light of what has happened, not what could have.  If I had been lynched by town, that person would have been who I needed to avenge...so, I see needing to kill a townsperson as a fairly scummy alignment.

Also, on the third one, it was being on three wagons that killed folks of the same alignment that is become that alignment. I was paraphrasing when I recounted, and wasn’t terribly careful with my language since it didn’t happen. So, if I had help lynched three scum, I’d be scum.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 05, 2020, 12:20:10 am »

I do not comprehend any of the confusion here (minus the part that didds just updated). Like almost to a misleading point.

First off - we have claimed mailmi who has stated their win con was to find Princess Shraeye (awesome), and then kill/lynch whatever them. That happened. Mail-Mi is still in the game. Why would you be suspicious of WCD but not of Mail-Mi?

Secondly - Given the amount of flipped factions at this point, how is it not conceivable that "one of the win cons is linked to skum". Skum faction A kills her, she comes back to life and she inherently has to help skum faction B/C/D/E/F/however many the shit there are to win. That is a skum based win con. Albeit it is more survivor, but it is skum-survivor not town-survivor.

Lastly - I do not get the confusion on the win cons being linked.
1. They have no win con, and then turn into Town win con
2. They have no win con, they go day 5 with nothing happening and they gain survivor wincon.
3. They have no win con, they fullfil the lynch req, they gain town (or whatever in hindsight) wincon.
4. They have no win con, they get dead, and their win con is completely randomized based on who killed/lynched them.

They all start with having no win con, then based on events, the win con is chosen. 2 and 4 seem to be fairly directly linked to survivor, and 1 and 3 (as we don't even know if there is a skum faction of 3) seems likely to be linked to town.
Why is there a focus on #4 from you here efoo?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 05, 2020, 12:21:58 am »

I'm Ben Mason. I have two powers but can only use one each night. I am a gunsmith and a roleblocker. N1 I gunsmithed Didds. I got a "no", but since there were so many redirections that night, I don't know who the "no" belongs to. N2 I gunsmithed Eddie and got a "no". Last night I roleblocked mail-mi because his claim didn't seem to match Shraeye's flip. His explanation today hasn't helped in that regard, either.

well there goes the freekin eddie/efhw theory.

real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 15 queries.