Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 229179 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1800 on: May 05, 2020, 09:30:34 am »

Although I wonder if it would work after someone hammered (L-0)

I dunno.
You didn't think about it until now?

I mean, I thought about it.

I also thought that it didn’t matter that much.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: May 05, 2020, 10:01:09 am »

Eddie's claim is NAI. doesn't change my scumread on him at all (doesn't make it more scummy or less).
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 05, 2020, 10:58:42 am »

- Once per game I can toggle on the ability to cancel a lynch, but the lynch will only be canceled if I am not voting for the person who would have died when it happens. After the cancelation occurs, everyone only gets 1 vote for the rest of the day, and then at the end of the day whoever has the most votes is lynched, redaress of the required amount of votes.

@faust, does the "everyone only gets 1 vote for the rest of the day" part here not give us reason to pause?

I would prefer to proceed with the claims, get other stuff out in the open, and give people a chance to vote normally before pushing Eddie to prove this. After all, it's a potentially high cost to town to prove his role does as he claims: no wagon analysis for the rest of this game-day, no need for majority voting, probably forcing the day to end at the deadline itself, where most of us in Europe will be asleep... I'm not so comfortable with that.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 05, 2020, 11:08:16 am »

- Once per game I can toggle on the ability to cancel a lynch, but the lynch will only be canceled if I am not voting for the person who would have died when it happens. After the cancelation occurs, everyone only gets 1 vote for the rest of the day, and then at the end of the day whoever has the most votes is lynched, redaress of the required amount of votes.

@faust, does the "everyone only gets 1 vote for the rest of the day" part here not give us reason to pause?

I would prefer to proceed with the claims, get other stuff out in the open, and give people a chance to vote normally before pushing Eddie to prove this. After all, it's a potentially high cost to town to prove his role does as he claims: no wagon analysis for the rest of this game-day, no need for majority voting, probably forcing the day to end at the deadline itself, where most of us in Europe will be asleep... I'm not so comfortable with that.
Eddie is free to prove his claim by using his other power, which doesn't change the voting rules. But I thought the change was kind of interesting and I wouldn't mind to see how it plays out.

No wagon analysis would be a blessing actually. People put too much stock in where people's votes were at any given time, and too little in what those people said and their behaviour around those votes. Not having tl;dr vote counts would entice people to actually reread.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: May 05, 2020, 11:08:50 am »

He could just do his other power.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:59 am »

I would like to hear more about EFHW's thought process for Roleblocking mail-mi.

Nothing very profound. He was claiming to be Shraeye's hunter. So either he was telling the truth and had a killing power with non-town motivation, or he was scum with a killing power with non-town motivation.
Did you think it plausible that he wasn't telling the truth?
Once Shraeye flipped, yes.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 05, 2020, 11:21:38 am »

Also worth noting, if most people believe that I have the power, me having to prove it is a waste of time.

Especially because I could easily be either alignment with these powers.

But whatever.

Uncleeurope Eddie

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 05, 2020, 11:42:44 am »

Also worth noting, if most people believe that I have the power, me having to prove it is a waste of time.

But whatever.

Odd you say "either" alignment and not "any" alignment, given that we've seen yellow, purple and green flips, plus an uncoloured flip, and we have a hypothesized red team out there maybe.

Anyway, as you say, the utility of the powers is a little reduced now you've announced them, but that also means there's less of a cost associated with getting you to prove it's not something you made up as scum.

@mail-mi, you said the power is NAI, but how does that make you feel about Eddie? Like, do you think it's an invented fakeclaim from scum, a weird scum power, or a weird town power? Does that fact it's verifiable make you any less suspious about it being a fakeclaim?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 05, 2020, 11:45:18 am »

But whatever.

Odd you say "either" alignment and not "any" alignment, given that we've seen yellow, purple and green flips, plus an uncoloured flip, and we have a hypothesized red team out there maybe.

Anyway, as you say, the utility of the powers is a little reduced now you've announced them, but that also means there's less of a cost associated with getting you to prove it's not something you made up as scum.

@mail-mi, you said the power is NAI, but how does that make you feel about Eddie? Like, do you think it's an invented fakeclaim from scum, a weird scum power, or a weird town power? Does that fact it's verifiable make you any less suspious about it being a fakeclaim?

I think he's telling the truth because it is so easily verifiable. However it could be a scum power as easily as it could be a town power.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 05, 2020, 12:03:42 pm »

Also, EFHW says I don’t have a gun.

So either we are a team, or I am not a killer.

Which means I am a pretty bad lynch candidate here. (If you suspect me, then kill EFHW)

That being said, I can prove the less intrusive power once one more person votes for me.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 05, 2020, 12:09:07 pm »

No? Only half of the nightkills have a "shot" flavor.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 05, 2020, 12:11:00 pm »

Oh, I assumed it was someone who detected kills? Is it only for flavor?

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 05, 2020, 02:10:02 pm »

It detects the ability to kill with a gun. I get a "no" if someone has some other method of killing.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 05, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »

It detects the ability to kill with a gun. I get a "no" if someone has some other method of killing.
That's interesting. According to mafiascum wiki, gunsmith brings back the same result for mafia as it does for werewolf. But I guess efhw's role doesnt necessarily need to be a classical standard gunsmith.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 05, 2020, 02:37:41 pm »

That's interesting. According to mafiascum wiki, gunsmith brings back the same result for mafia as it does for werewolf. But I guess efhw's role doesnt necessarily need to be a classical standard gunsmith.
I guess it is a little different, because the wiki says I get "yes" results for cops, but that wasn't in my pm. I put the term gunsmith on it, not ashersky. Thought it was a compact way to explain it.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: May 05, 2020, 06:29:11 pm »

So..............

Swan? Care to claim?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 05, 2020, 07:11:06 pm »

here. few minutes sorry.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 05, 2020, 07:40:21 pm »

I am a Dorian. I am partners with WCD. I am the portion of their role they did not want to make public.

Win Cons:
- We started with no win cons, and the one potential choice of actually changing our alignment.
- All the powers that we were given were done so in a shared-factional usage, not independently. This is to say, I have all the same powers WCD does, but not "double".
- WCD's claim as to what our win con now is, is true.

Our now-Fixed Win Con:
- Was not defined until the time that WCD was killed.
- At that time, it became to have a living Dornia alive at the end of the game, but the killer of WCD must be dead.
- We do not have to kill them, they can die in any fashion.
- Absolutely confirmed that we will not be informed when/if this is done. (this is why I do not believe we will be removed from the game when/if the death condition of killer is met)

Clarifications - When WCD claimed, because of our win con now, obviously they did not want to tie me in. So in the spirit of full disclosure, I am going to elaborate on those things:
- WCD did not ofc "self revive". We had a one shot ability to revive another player. We were *hoping* to both live until late enough that we could bring back a player of the faction that most benefited us after a win con was set (i.e. we lynch town 3 times, turn town, revive town - hoping to create 3 IC's essentially, and have a Town win con). Obviously, when WCD was killed, our win con was set, and it made the most sense for me to revive her.
- WCD did not give the item that Space got to Space last night, I gave that item to Space last night. As WCD was dead.

So essentially, as WCD was killed, not lynched, we need to get rid of the people that have the ability to kill. Furthermore, when I say "the people" I preferably mean "all the people that can kill", as we will not be informed when we hit our target. So our dream wincon is essentially to have Town just win outright.

If there is any suspicion at all on this, I will be happy to go back and pull the fact we made sure to be on the same wagon until WCD was lynched as well as the multiple breadcrumbs that were left to substantiate this claim in case we ever had to use it as defense of a lynch or something.

E's turn.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 05, 2020, 07:41:44 pm »

Also Space - The item that I gave you. Are you informed on how it works? Might want to wait until after claims to talk about it, but I don't want to forget to ask.
real good. That’s how

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 05, 2020, 08:07:56 pm »

Cool. (Cool cool cool.)

So we started off the game with 14 players (15 if you count space) and at this point we can identify 6 of those 14 as non-town. Do we think there's a 7th (that would mean we had only half the population at game-start), or do we think the rest of us are town and some/all of these claimed survivors are scum? I think we think the latter. I'd like to start by lynching mail-mi, but I can also do swan/didds.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 05, 2020, 08:08:49 pm »

unvote

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 05, 2020, 08:20:58 pm »

My first best guess for killerz is Eddie or EFHW

We have a similar list. Only a few minor difference.

Is e on your list?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 05, 2020, 08:29:15 pm »

Cool. (Cool cool cool.)

You just became my best friend.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 05, 2020, 08:29:40 pm »

My first best guess for killerz is Eddie or EFHW

We have a similar list. Only a few minor difference.

Is e on your list?

Nah, I’m not on it.

Uncleeurope Eddie

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1824 on: May 05, 2020, 08:32:16 pm »

Vote Count 4.2:

EFHW (2): mail-mi, Datswan
mail-mi (1): EFHW
uncle (1): faust

Not Voting (5): 2.7, SpaceAnemone, WCD, uncleeurope, skip

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 4 ends on May 10 at 10:00 p.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 16 queries.