Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 238013 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 1
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »

Also, iguana has to go one-up my claiming thought with an actual claim.

Totally changed the course of the conversation
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:41 pm »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:16 pm »

Town again :/ i have alignments in lines: 5 games town 5 games scum and now I am town all the time

Why the sad face? If you are unhappy about it we can always just lynch you

Vote: LaLight

Oh i just like changes a lot. Not like I don't like being town, i like uh forgot the word. When it's different every time

vote: LaLight for empty posting. The thread is going to be hard enough to reread without that.

Thoughts on having a potential Poisoner claim ?

Also, if we are going to call iguana scum for claiming we should probably call teproc scum for teeing him up
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2017, 11:52:20 pm »

Town again :/ i have alignments in lines: 5 games town 5 games scum and now I am town all the time

Oh i just like changes a lot. Not like I don't like being town, i like uh forgot the word. When it's different every time

vote: LaLight for empty posting. The thread is going to be hard enough to reread without that.

Also, if we are going to call iguana scum for claiming we should probably call teproc scum for teeing him up

But I don't really want to do that. They can both be town along with jimmmm

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2017, 01:12:18 am »

My claiming plan was good! Then I was suddenly scum. Then there suddenly was a posting restriction! Then the game ended. Now I'm town again, but claiming isn't as good anymore. Such a rollercoaster of emotions.

What about the claiming town/not town plan?
See emphasis.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:17 am »

The subtle two exclamation points. Playing into the joke to buddy the original poster.

I don't know. Seems like a pretty strong D1 case to me
I am sold. Vote: gkrieg

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2017, 01:23:57 am »

Why should they? Explain

So I'm worried that Poisoner is incredibly strong in scum's hands. So my thought is that if we build a consensus that a Poisoner should claim, and not poison on N1 at least, we put a potential scum Poisoner in a position where they can either

a) not claim and kill anyway, but then they'll have to fakeclaim when massclaim time comes
b) claim and not kill, which seems good to me.

The cost is that if the Poisoner is town, well he gets outed... but I think that's fine too. Poisoner is not a strong town role anyway.
I tentatively agree with this, but would also include the 2-shot Redirector.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2017, 01:24:11 am »

the following shall be considered to be a softclaim:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2017, 01:25:56 am »

Well it does narrow their claiming options though. Poisoner is likely to be high in the draft order, so claiming VT might not be that easy for them.

Well, there's really not a lot to lose for town because as I see it killing town is mostly negative utility. So yeah, i agree on this

I suppose the most practical way is to require everyone to claim whether or not they are a Poisoner. As should be relatively obvious, I am not a Poisoner.

I got first draft and took poisoner to block it from scum. I can claim my number if people want. Not sure if that would have some kinda bad effect.
Oh well that is interesting.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2017, 01:34:46 am »

I am somewhat suspicious of Iguana's claim, for the record.

Hmm, it seems the possibilities, in rough order of descending likelihood are:

1. He's Town and telling the truth.
2. He's scum and he or a teammate is a Ninja.
3. He's scum and he or a teammate is a Poisoner.
4. He's scum and neither he nor a teammate is a Ninja or Poisoner.
5. He's Town and lying.

Which of 2-4 do you think is likely? What benefit would scum have from claiming?
Hm. Well it makes sense to block that role as town, definitely one of the strongest. I don't think mafia would ever take Ninja over Poisoner; the Smoke Monster might, but then this is not the best slot for them. So 2 is unlikely. 3 is well reasonable. iguana did agree to this rather quickly, that looks more like a townie thing. 4 is dangerous and super unlikely. Unless scum got the Barracks and found both things there. But then why not claim that? 5 should not be considered.

So I am pretty sure that there is some truth, i.e. either he's telling the truth or he stole the claim from a teammate.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:59 am »

Jimmmmmms towning it up right now
That was my reaction as well. Since when do we agree on stuff?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2017, 01:37:09 am »

Why should they? Explain

So I'm worried that Poisoner is incredibly strong in scum's hands. So my thought is that if we build a consensus that a Poisoner should claim, and not poison on N1 at least, we put a potential scum Poisoner in a position where they can either

a) not claim and kill anyway, but then they'll have to fakeclaim when massclaim time comes
b) claim and not kill, which seems good to me.

The cost is that if the Poisoner is town, well he gets outed... but I think that's fine too. Poisoner is not a strong town role anyway.

Why include that claim?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2017, 01:41:53 am »

Why include that claim?
[/quote]
For the same reasons as the Posioner? It's not a strong town role, it's a strong scum role. Plus if the Smoke Monster bid Summon Mother again, we can force them to either fakeclaim another slot or fakeclaim that role from the slot; a decision they'd have to make at some point anyway, but forcing it early forces this without much additional information and we could get a slip up.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2017, 01:42:45 am »

I would argue that it is a stronger town role than people give it credit for.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2017, 01:42:50 am »

Why include that claim?
For the same reasons as the Posioner? It's not a strong town role, it's a strong scum role. Plus if the Smoke Monster bid Summon Mother again, we can force them to either fakeclaim another slot or fakeclaim that role from the slot; a decision they'd have to make at some point anyway, but forcing it early forces this without much additional information and we could get a slip up.
Grumble... this is what it should actually look like.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2017, 01:44:05 am »

Well last game no townie bid for it, so it seems you are in a minority position there.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2017, 01:52:26 am »

Well last game no townie bid for it, so it seems you are in a minority position there.

I still stand by my opinion!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2017, 03:29:05 am »

So I am pretty sure that there is some truth, i.e. either he's telling the truth or he stole the claim from a teammate.

How would scum benefit from claiming this early? Wouldn't they rather keep it secret so they can use it freely?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2017, 03:39:25 am »

How would scum benefit from claiming this early? Wouldn't they rather keep it secret so they can use it freely?
Well yes, but they are inadvertently claiming "not Poisoner". Which means they need to fakeclaim when the time comes, which potentially catches them in a lie.

I do think telling the truth is the more likely scenario right now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2017, 03:52:26 am »

This.
I mean I see the argument from both sides. But if we do the claim out thing they have 2 options: Truth or Lie.
1) If the Poisoner is Skum it forces them to freeze if they claim it.
2) If the Poisoner is Town, they (assumptions here) were not going to use it anyways and while it sucks to be in this spot, you really only help the team by giving up the info.
3) If the Poisoner is Skum and claims "not Poisoner", then they can continue to poison for the time being. The downside, as mentioned previously, being that they may create a slip that will later be revealed in the game.
4) If the Poisoner is Town and they do not claim it, they either have a reason that escapes me or they are being unhelpful (IMO).

If I were Skum and rolled Poisoner in this situation, I feel like the play would be to go with #3 as it grants more for the Skum team. Assuming that player is not RVSed or something on day 1 they get the ability to target night 1, and then again N2 before we even re-open the discussion about it being a thing. I think that weighed against the chances of maybe down the road there might be a claim eventually that possibly leads to them being caught makes the Skum play to be to stay silent. I mean what is the down side? The other 16 players tell the truth and then we are back at square one?
Again, just my opinion, but when we take that idea and combine it with the fact that there is like no reason ever for one of us to screw over the rest of town by lying about it... I am leaning towards truth on Iguana's claim.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2017, 04:48:15 am »

Scummy on LaLight for now...

Not enough to vote for him though ?

vote: gkrieg
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2017, 04:57:16 am »

iguana is town: yes it makes sense for a scum!Poisoner to claim, but he did it really, really fast. I mean it is renouncing a role that you spent your #1 slot on (I guess he could be lying about that if he's scum, but again that was quick thinking then), at least for the first few days. Don't think scum makes that call lightly, without seeing how most people feel about it: I was expecting people to come in and oppose the idea at some point.

WW is townie for being paranoid though, especially given him just having been scum and going for Poisoner.

Re: 2-Shot Redirector, I don't know about that. It's a much less clear case than Poisoner to me, because there's no public proof that the role was used or not used. I don't think I'm in favour of that one.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2017, 07:57:47 am »

What was that Lalight train about? Seems very scummy. There was like no evidence yet on Lalight being scummy and it is even day 1 and there is already a train starting. I think I will keep an eye on Jimmmmm and Witherweaver.
I am not sure what the Poisoner claim is going to achieve. I was reading DatSwan's reasoning and it kinda makes sense though. I have to keep thinking about it for a bit.

Did anyone notice that many of us are named after famous philosophers? That can't be coincidence, that must be fate.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:47 am »

For the towncred, and because they may sense that they are going to have to claim anyway.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2017, 08:14:27 am »

Probably not a good lynch for today.

Was this referring to LL or iguana as the lynch? I parsed it as Iguana beforehand because it was just after his claim, but looking back, you may have been referring to LL.

I'm thinking the flaw we have with inviting a poisoner to claim and then keeping him alive is that there's a huge lag between him poisoning someone and the rest of us seeing evidence of the death. Like, if he poisons someone tonight, his target doesn't die till N2, and we don't have the opportunity to do anything about it till D3. Is everyone who's advocating for keeping Iguana around remembering the long timeframe here?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 101  All

Page created in 2.532 seconds with 19 queries.