Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193072 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D6)
« Reply #1850 on: August 14, 2016, 07:00:35 am »

This just annoys me to no end, even if you're scum it annoys me.  I don't get to do endgames very often, and I don't get to take my time and do thorough analysis and figure things out very often.  You've robbed me of that because it effectively is a scum claim from you (to me, if nothing else), and the entire reason I play mafia is to figure out who the scum are and lynch them.

Well, sorry if you're annoyed. If I remember correctly, both you and iguana stated intent to end this game by tonight. I might have done more stuff otherwise.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 14, 2016, 07:03:25 am »

1) I am the doctor.  Of course I don't want to mass claim on day one.

Also I fail to see how this factors into it? You mean because you don't want protective role to be outed? Man, protective roles are outed in a massclaim regardless of whether or not you'e the guy that has that role. This makes no sense.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 14, 2016, 07:07:22 am »

I decided the Haddock/Reggie duel in scum's favor because of your own fucking claim.  Are you forgetting that I was voting for him, and then you come in and mechanically clear him, forcing me to re-evaluate?

No, you decided it based on all the information available to you. You don't get to shift all the blame to me.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 14, 2016, 07:11:44 am »

Vote: Faust

So be it I guess.  Like, yes, you're almost certainly the scum but I wanted to come to that conclusion on my own rather than being forced into it.

I acknowledge I'm being salty, but after what, a month and a half? Of being in one game, I was really looking forward to taking my time and solving endgame. I had today off work, and fully planned on sinking 4-5 hours into it, doing the full analysis on Iguana, and then the full analysis on you, and then making my decision carefully.

I'm not completely unsympathetic.  You pinned all your hopes of winning on your reverse psychology working on Iguana, but don't really expect it to work.  So you half-ass the push on me with a token effort so your team doesn't get too pissed, and then try to end it, one way or the other.  I get it.  I've done the token effort thing before as scum in unwinnable situations.

Obviously you aren't going to admit to being scum, but whatever.

PPE
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 14, 2016, 07:16:10 am »

1) I am the doctor.  Of course I don't want to mass claim on day one.

Also I fail to see how this factors into it? You mean because you don't want protective role to be outed? Man, protective roles are outed in a massclaim regardless of whether or not you'e the guy that has that role. This makes no sense.

I'll never advocate for a day one mass claim in any game, but I tried to shut discussion down of it sharply because i was a protective role in this game, specifically. They have minimal benefit to town early on, and tons of benefit to scum.

Gee, I wonder why you tried to feel out if it was going to be a possible option?

I decided the Haddock/Reggie duel in scum's favor because of your own fucking claim.  Are you forgetting that I was voting for him, and then you come in and mechanically clear him, forcing me to re-evaluate?

No, you decided it based on all the information available to you. You don't get to shift all the blame to me.

Exactly. I decided it based on the information available to me.

@Iguana - this is a scum claim.  He knows I'm town, and is addressing me as such here.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 14, 2016, 07:19:17 am »

As far as I'm concerned, we're done here.  I'll obviously answer any questions Iguana has and chat with him about things to help him gain clarity and make the right decision (and I'll talk with you about non-mafia stuff or something if you're bored), but there is literally zero chance you made that post as town, after making the case you did, and the vote you did.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 14, 2016, 07:20:48 am »

@Iguana - this is a scum claim.  He knows I'm town, and is addressing me as such here.
What?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 14, 2016, 07:21:31 am »

I have no idea what you're even talking about.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 14, 2016, 07:26:52 am »

I have done my rereading until I arrived at a point where I felt sure enough to make a vote.

Cellovix just decides that I am scum without rereading me, because he knows that his only shot at winning is getting me lynched.

Now who's the scummy one?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 14, 2016, 07:27:20 am »

It's a mindset thing.

You're acknowledging I had a decision to make, and had to process the information available to make that decision.

Scum do not, because they already know what the correct decision is, town do not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: August 14, 2016, 07:29:16 am »

It's a mindset thing.

You're acknowledging I had a decision to make, and had to process the information available to make that decision.

Scum do not, because they already know what the correct decision is, town do not.

The decision between bussing and defending is nontrivial even if oyu know everything.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 14, 2016, 07:30:50 am »

At the time you decided to vote J Reggie over Haddock because you knew it would end up in a mislynch, and you thought you could frame me once Reggie flipped town. You would have probably continued to bus had that not been the case.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 14, 2016, 07:32:07 am »

I have done my rereading until I arrived at a point where I felt sure enough to make a vote.

Cellovix just decides that I am scum without rereading me, because he knows that his only shot at winning is getting me lynched.

Now who's the scummy one?

I mean, yes? To win as town I have to vote you, and hope that A) Iguana is town, and B) makes the correct decision. It's obviously my only hope of winning after you voted for me, because I'm town.

You have repeatedly ignored the context of things I've said and done, and twisted things I've said and done to seem scummy when, well, they aren't - adding onto that the fact that you addressed me as if I were town even after you voted me, and I'm pretty sold on you being scum.  I just would have preferred to have the time to do due diligence before making that decision as a final thing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 14, 2016, 07:32:36 am »

The reaction at least makes me think that Cello is not the SK. That's a good thing; it makes the 2-scum-scenario less likely.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:03 am »

You have repeatedly ignored the context of things I've said and done, and twisted things I've said and done to seem scummy when, well, they aren't - adding onto that the fact that you addressed me as if I were town even after you voted me, and I'm pretty sold on you being scum.  I just would have preferred to have the time to do due diligence before making that decision as a final thing.
It's a pretty funny statement considering the only reason you give to lynch me is majorly twisting my words.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 14, 2016, 07:35:28 am »

Will you unvote if I do?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 14, 2016, 07:37:16 am »

Yes.

But I mean, I don't know how objective the rest of my read through could possibly be after this, heh. 

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 14, 2016, 07:44:44 am »

If there was a SK the game would be over.

Why is that even a possible scenario you're "considering"?

I couldn't use my ability last night, so there's no chance I stopped a second kill, and they'd obviously have shot then if they could.

Occam's Razor just says Haddock's role let him kill twice on N2 somehow, given we know he targeted both Cron and Seprix.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 14, 2016, 08:12:35 am »

If there was a SK the game would be over.

Why is that even a possible scenario you're "considering"?

I couldn't use my ability last night, so there's no chance I stopped a second kill, and they'd obviously have shot then if they could.

Occam's Razor just says Haddock's role let him kill twice on N2 somehow, given we know he targeted both Cron and Seprix.

...or the reason you keep wondering about a SK is that you know your team only killed one of those on night two? 

That'd be kind of hilarious and it'd just end up being me picking which of the scum is going to win.

Idk.  If that's the case, I don't think it really matters to me, because I literally can't win, so I'm going to just proceed as if it's not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 14, 2016, 08:19:00 am »

It's possible to win. No lynch, scum shootout, town survives.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 14, 2016, 08:25:01 am »

I guess theoretically, yeah.  But that'd require certain knowledge that a SK exists, or you just hand the win to the scum.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 14, 2016, 09:29:35 am »

@Iguana

It's time for me to head out for most of the day but I'll be around this evening if you want to discuss things.

All I ask is that if you decide to vote me, to give me a chance to respond to you and post, first.  (And then we can Wagons! Faust)

If you're scum, well played.  I don't think I'd have ever voted you today even if Faust hadn't forced the 1 vs 1. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 14, 2016, 10:11:08 am »

Welp. I have decided that my chances of winning are too low even if there are 2 scum left. So let's roll the dice!

Vote: Cellovix

I'm town.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:16 am »

The game ends tonight!

If I have time!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:30 am »

Going............ 2.......... CHURCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHlol
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 78  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.