Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267707 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1825 on: June 13, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »

It's also completely silly to think that there can't be 5 PRs. If I were a spectator I would honestly estimate ~6 PRs at this point.

Why is this the case?  It is a normal game.  I wouldn't expect that many PRs in a normal game.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 13, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »

PRs are overrated, we win this game by lynching scum, which we did yesterday. I'm happy about that.

The first question is, who on the wagon was bussing (besides iguana)? Well, maybe e, but they also killed Seprix, who is the only other player in an obvious bussing spot.

Really the result of that wagon is that my scumreads of all the people off it have gone up. I think I'm going to have to do a thorough reread of Melis at some point especially.
I can agree with this.

I would also ask that everyone, myself included, reread the iguana wagon in context, not just the final votecount.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 13, 2016, 05:37:54 pm »

It's also completely silly to think that there can't be 5 PRs. If I were a spectator I would honestly estimate ~6 PRs at this point.

Why is this the case?  It is a normal game.  I wouldn't expect that many PRs in a normal game.
There are 16 players, which is a ton, and the first four deaths being PRs trivially raises the expected number of PRs. I doubt scum are that good.

I just thought of something. Seprix is a neighbor/jailkeeper person right? So he probably found scum last night. Who did he find scummy?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 13, 2016, 05:41:36 pm »

Liopoil you should claim.
If I claim you might as well lynch me. If you read my posts more carefully you might realize that. So I'm not claiming.

Not to late to switch to Seprox, I guess. But shame on you allfor thinking I'm scum. I think the posts are out there for you to see otherwise, but I'm biased.
This looks very much like a softclaim to me.
If not, it's just an incredibly scummy deflection.
Nope, just all honesty. If I claimed you should and would have just lynched me. In retrospect it would have been hard but possible to realize that before, the second line is mostly just cryptic. So I didn't claim. Obviously the next line is deflection, but it's not scummy.

Note that I am at L-2 and the easiest lynch ever.

What's remarkable is that you all are only saying this now, rather than on D2.
Throughout D2, we were going with the assumption that you had softclaimed, since you seemed to have done so and you hadn't said "I didn't softclaim, as you did just now."  Plus, in D2, we didn't know about 4 other PRs.

I just thought of something. Seprix is a neighbor/jailkeeper person right? So he probably found scum last night. Who did he find scummy?
If he was jailkeeping scum last night, fewer people would be dead...
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:23 pm »

Okay arbitrary probabilities time. Suppose this is my prior expectation for number of PRs:

<2: ~0
2: .05
3: 0.1
4: 0.4
5: 0.3
6: 0.1
7: 0.05
>7: ~0

Then the first four (of ~12) town players are PRs. The probabilities of this happening with each number of PRs are:

0-3: 0
4: .002
5: .01
6: .03
7: .07

Then we have new probabilities:

4: .077
5: .291
6: .291
7: .340

Yay pointless math. Anyway you may disagree with my priors. If you tell me your priors I can give you your new estimation.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: June 13, 2016, 05:51:51 pm »

Liopoil you should claim.
If I claim you might as well lynch me. If you read my posts more carefully you might realize that. So I'm not claiming.

Not to late to switch to Seprox, I guess. But shame on you allfor thinking I'm scum. I think the posts are out there for you to see otherwise, but I'm biased.
This looks very much like a softclaim to me.
If not, it's just an incredibly scummy deflection.
Nope, just all honesty. If I claimed you should and would have just lynched me. In retrospect it would have been hard but possible to realize that before, the second line is mostly just cryptic. So I didn't claim. Obviously the next line is deflection, but it's not scummy.

Note that I am at L-2 and the easiest lynch ever.

What's remarkable is that you all are only saying this now, rather than on D2.
Throughout D2, we were going with the assumption that you had softclaimed, since you seemed to have done so and you hadn't said "I didn't softclaim, as you did just now."  Plus, in D2, we didn't know about 4 other PRs.

If he was jailkeeping scum last night, fewer people would be dead...
False, I did say I hadn't softclaimed anything yesterday, and the 4 PRs should barely change anything.

Also false, if a scumteam has multiple players the other(s) killed Seprix.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 13, 2016, 05:54:43 pm »

All of the NKs have seemed kinda weird to me.  The more I think about it, the more likely it is that scum had some way of knowing who is/was a PR. 

Like they killed two fairly easily mislynchable people from my point of view.  I think the Seprix wagon could've easily taken off again today.

It also killed my conspiracy theory..

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 13, 2016, 05:57:52 pm »

I still don't understand your point.  Why does the fact that Seprix died make it more likely that Seprix found scum?

May as well tell us what this was then :P
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 13, 2016, 05:58:05 pm »

All of the NKs have seemed kinda weird to me.  The more I think about it, the more likely it is that scum had some way of knowing who is/was a PR. 

Like they killed two fairly easily mislynchable people from my point of view.  I think the Seprix wagon could've easily taken off again today.

They probably did know about Seprix, but definitely the Awaclus was just random and almost certainly Ichi too and likely J Reggie were mostly luck.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 13, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »

They probably did know about Seprix, but definitely the Awaclus was just random and almost certainly Ichi too and likely J Reggie were mostly luck.

But Ichi and JReggie didn't seem all that townie to me.  I would think other people would've gotten killed in their place if they didn't know they were PRs.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 13, 2016, 06:00:38 pm »

I still don't understand your point.  Why does the fact that Seprix died make it more likely that Seprix found scum?

May as well tell us what this was then :P
Seprix jailkeeps scum, presumably also creating a neighborhood. Scum yaps about it in their scum QT. Now they know Seprix is dangerous so the other scum kill him.

Anyone want to claim being in a neighborhood with Seprix N1? Maybe I don't understand how his role works.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 13, 2016, 06:02:11 pm »

But Ichi and JReggie didn't seem all that townie to me.  I would think other people would've gotten killed in their place if they didn't know they were PRs.
Same.

Also, lio, you seem to be thinking that the neighbourizing would happen immediately so that scum would know to target Seprix.  I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen, the neighbourhood would open the next day, I think.

So we could take something from this if Seprix targetted scum N1, I guess.  That could explain things.  Who did Seprix find scummy D1?

PPE. Right yeah I get you.  I believe, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that the neighbourhood would open the next day.  So we can only go on who he likely targetted N1.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 13, 2016, 06:02:30 pm »

J Reggie was towny, and how could they know ichi was a PR on night one?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: June 13, 2016, 06:04:23 pm »

a) I don't agree Reggie was that towny.
b) scum could have a N0 rolecop.  Or any such thing.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 13, 2016, 06:06:10 pm »

Interesting that I don't have much of a wagon yet

[snip]

With regard to claiming:

@Meli: I have not softclaimed anything. There are posts you could go quote and point at as softclaiming, but don't bother please. They aren't, though I understand why they look like that.

I will not be claiming anything this game. There are multiple roles for which this makes sense. If it comes down to "claim or we lynch you" then I will be lynched. Note that I am in part saying this now so that scum!lio, who some think exists, would have no outlet to try to fake anything down the road. Part of the reason meli and others wanted me to claim was that so if I was scum then I was committed to one role. Well now I am committed to never pretending to be a role I am not.
@Haddock, IIRC this was in one of my first day 2 posts

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 13, 2016, 06:07:46 pm »

a) I doubt he would ever have been mislynched. I wouldn't have voted for him. Also remember that there very well may be a SK who may not want to kill towny people.
b) Occams razor says no for me.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:56 pm »

Interesting that I don't have much of a wagon yet

[snip]

With regard to claiming:

@Meli: I have not softclaimed anything. There are posts you could go quote and point at as softclaiming, but don't bother please. They aren't, though I understand why they look like that.

I will not be claiming anything this game. There are multiple roles for which this makes sense. If it comes down to "claim or we lynch you" then I will be lynched. Note that I am in part saying this now so that scum!lio, who some think exists, would have no outlet to try to fake anything down the road. Part of the reason meli and others wanted me to claim was that so if I was scum then I was committed to one role. Well now I am committed to never pretending to be a role I am not.
@Haddock, IIRC this was in one of my first day 2 posts
Fine. But then in the bit in red, you once again imply very strongly that you have a "role for which `not-claiming' makes sense".

a) I doubt he would ever have been mislynched. I wouldn't have voted for him. Also remember that there very well may be a SK who may not want to kill towny people.
b) Occams razor says no for me.
a) I agree SK seems fairly likely.  Flavourwise, Moriarty would be a good SK.
b) Maybe you're right.  With Seprix explained by his N1 neighbourising and Reggie maybe-explained by an SK, they only need to have guessed Ichi right.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 13, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »

Nope, VT is a role too. I remember I chose my words very carefully for that post. But go ahead, assume I am a PR, I don't care.

Not that it's super important, but Ichi could also be a SK kill. Somebody's kill didn't work on Night One, and it might as well have been the mafia.

Heck, we could have a vig who keeps screwing up.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: June 13, 2016, 06:18:21 pm »

Nope, VT is a role too. I remember I chose my words very carefully for that post. But go ahead, assume I am a PR, I don't care.

Not that it's super important, but Ichi could also be a SK kill. Somebody's kill didn't work on Night One, and it might as well have been the mafia.

But Ichi was a vig.  2 vigs seems impossible

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: June 13, 2016, 06:19:06 pm »

Guys wtf!

He's a Trapping Tracker!

The reason this game is so big is because everyone on his wagon gets vengekilled!!!!!!!!
I assume you were just messing around right?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: June 13, 2016, 06:19:27 pm »

But Ichi was a vig.  2 vigs seems impossible
Oh right, strike that out then

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 13, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »

Guys wtf!

He's a Trapping Tracker!

The reason this game is so big is because everyone on his wagon gets vengekilled!!!!!!!!
I assume you were just messing around right?
Yeah. I got Seprix (I think) but then he died. So ya know.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 14, 2016, 04:44:21 am »

NOTE: Up to page 30 in my complete re-read and liopoil is a town-read so far.

Vote count please.
"Napoleon of crime".

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 14, 2016, 05:57:31 am »

Vote Count 3.1

liopoil (4): Haddock, A Drowned Kernel, Witherweaver, gkrieg13

Not Voting (7): liopoil, fontisian, silverspawn, Roadrunner7671, Melisandre, 2.71828....., Jan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 20 at 10 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1849 on: June 14, 2016, 10:24:48 am »

ADK, as promised:

Vote: Awaclus

Someone after my own heart.

vote: Melisandre

Vote: seprix for repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS.

This early real vote a standard town ADK move.  A couple of posts supporting his vote.  Moves to Teproc:

ADK is obvtown already, this is going great.

vote: Teproc

Which is sensible, except wait that's me.  What the hell guys. 

@silverspawn it's just a bad feeling I get when I see people pushing back against people who make real votes and reads early. Scum wants to try and shut down and discourage actual discussion. Also "you can't have a real read yet! vote so-and-so" is an easy way for scum to look like they're contributing without taking a particularly risky position.

Good points.  Continues to explain his positions on Seprix and Teproc.  Some back and forth with Teproc.  More explanations.  Some judgements:

So opinion poll:

J Reggie, gkrieg, Teproc:
Mafia, town, neither
Discuss.

Why's gkrieg on the list? null, null, scum.

vote: Melisandre

Vote: seprix for repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS.
@A Drowned Kernel - I still don't understand this: tell me why "repeatedly voting for people trying to get us out of RVS" is scum-indicative?

Putting pressure people who express strong opinions early is good for scum- they get to have an opinion without putting themselves at too much risk, and it can put people who are trying to scumhunt on the defensive. There's a scum motivation for doing what Seprix did.

Well, okay, but putting pressure on people early (for various reasons) is what you do, as town. 
Man, that was my real reaction looking at Seprix's post. If it looks "fake" to you I don't know how to argue against that, sorry.

Sounds honest. 

I don't like the votes on Seprix. I disagree with his stance but it looks to me like he's earnestly trying to scumhunt.

Defending the person attacking you.  A bit anti-OMGUS; scum sometimes does this when they're overly conscious about OMGUSing.  Some more D1 reads:

I've landed as town on Melisandre, just because I think town is much more likely to do the reaction-fishing "gotcha" thing. Also probably town on Jan, I might sheep him on liopoil.

Discussing with the new people, links some of his own games where he's suspected D1 as town and scum.  Scum tends to do this kind of thing more than town. ("Hey, I have nothing to hide.")

Games where I got early pressure as Town: [...]

Two of those are before I began playing and one is offsite. That might explain why I thought you never got early pressure.

I think they also stand larger in my own mind than in other people's. But the point is, it's happened, and maybe Melis will get something illuminating out of it.

It's difficult to form reads with this many damn people. Like I just looked at the player list and Hydrad's apparently in this game? What has he said?

I'd totally say this if Hydrad was my partner.

Mmm I need to be less literal. I think on average town waffles more than scum, scum tries to look super certain of their reads.

This is true.  Votes Liopoil:

vote: liopoil

I've been busy and will be vla later but I will post more before I go.

Explains:

So, before I leave for a camping trip:

I disagree with Lio that there's "no towny response" to RR's question, or at least as far as I'm concerned; I would have found a terse "no" or a sarcastic rejoinder at the very least null. But lio went from 0 to super nervous in no time flat. And his complaint about their being "no towny response" is indicative of a scum perspective, because as scum you're super aware of how your posts will be scrutinized.

I'm keeping my vote where it is. I'm fine if we lynch him before I get back.

A big reads post that I'm not going to quote all of
Highlights:
*Hedges on Lio.. settles on he 'feels different/weird' rather than 'is scummy'.  His uncertainty on Lio feels legitimate, though. 
*Goes town on Gkrieg because Gkriek isn't elaborating much on his thought process, and scum tends to overexplain.  I agree with this premise, but not so sure about the partciular case of Gkrieg.  Gkrieg is an overxplainer as town. 
*Goes town-side-of-hull on Fontisian.  No comment there as I haven't read much of Font's posts. 
*Town-reads Silverspawn for being engaged, critical, and relaxed.  Not sure those are good reasons for Silver. 
*RR-reads RR for being RR.  I can't disagree with anything there.
*Melisandre: Strong townread for being bold, getting reactions from people.  Seems fair enough without knowing Melisandre, but then again the night is dark and full of scum.
*Would lynch Seprix, doesn't say much about him.  Seems a bit of a defacto scum read.
*Says Hydrad is ultra-lurky, would lynch.
*Says he'll try to overcome Awaclus bias, good luck buddy.  Ends up wanting to lynch anyway. 
*Town-side-of-null on JReggie.  Looks like an honest read.
*Says Haddock is town, though not really much reasoning.  Sounds more like "I don't have a read here."
*Says Ichi is townie, if not of a strong presence
*Scum reads e.  Points sound fair enough, though I haven't read e yet.
*Says Jan/Font is town v. town.   That seems to be happening a lot this game.  Thinks Jan is town for basically the same reasons as he does Melisandre. 
*Slight town on Teproc for being within town!Teproc meta. 
*Finally gets to the bottom line:

So my lynchpool looks like:

liopoil, Hydrad, Awaclus, Seprix, e. The liopoil read is probably the strongest, with e after that, and I think those would be the most informative lynches. I'm going to go with

Vote: e

This whole post gives me a towny feeling on ADK.  There is some evidence of applying formulaic principles to assign reads to people (opinionated, engaged, in meta => town; lurking, weird, forced => scum), but it's not like you're not going to do that to some extent as town (and legitimately so).  Generally it's a high content post that isn't easily replicated as scum.  I suppose it betrays a bit of symmetry... 5 scum in 16 players, that's about right-ish.  A few strong town reads, a handfull of weaker town reads, a couple "look like themselves".   

Goes back to Lio:

vote: liopoil looks good to me.

Then back to e:

Jan actually has a really good point about the way these weapons formed.

vote: e

Then back to Lio:

E's not happening? vote: liopoil l-2?

Also I'm fine lynching through pretty much any claim at this point. Claims are worth a lot  than people seem to think.

I think you mean to say, not lynching someone because of their claim is far more skippable than people think.

Continues to prefer Lio, but doens't seem to be happening.  Offers:

Who thinks we could get an awaclus Lynch cobbled together in the next ten minutes?

A man after my own heart.  Votes Awaclus:

vote: awaclus

Pushes it, gets the lynch.  Responds with a smiley face.  Man you really don't do that as scum when you know you just lynched someone.  (Note to self: do that as scum.)  Though, I guess there's multiball and SK possibilities. 

Day 2:

My reads have got kind of muddled here, besides Melis definitely being town.

My gut tells me vote: silverspawn

Silver was a strong town read before.  This is kind of good from ADK.    Not present through a good part of D2.  After not posting much, goes with:

vote: iguana

I can dig it, especially since he's so keen on setting me up for a mislynch.

Kind of a scummy non-explanation explanation.  But Iguana was scum, so there's that. 

Seprix and ADK, maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't you oppose the Hydrad lynch yesterday? What changed your mind, other than SS's post?

I remember being down for a Hydrad lynch yesterday. Did I oppose it? I'll go check.

He was always in my lynchpool, I don't recall there ever being much momentum on his wagon.

Consistency is scummy here!  Notable here is some soft defense on Hydrad from Lio. 

A Day 2 catchup:

I'm going to try and be concise and not post another huge wall of text here. This is me doing a day 2 catchup.

-The Ichi kill: I never really voiced my opinion on this, but I think that it's a telling kill, in the sense of being super safe. Ichi wasn't going after anyone particularly strongly yesterday; the fact that he was killed over any of the more vocal players suggests to me that one or more of the big wagons yesterday was on a scum player, and that they didn't want to incriminate themselves by killing someone who was going after them.

-I don't like how e has slammed on the awaclus lynch today. We were at deadline, a lot of people were sitting on their votes and not willing to move. Quick lynches can catch scum with their pants down; I'm not going to apologize for voting the way I did.

-J Reggie looks increasing reactive and opportunistic. I would be willing to place my vote there.

-Seprix seems a lot more town to me today then he day late yesterday. I'm not voting there.

-gkrieg is ringing some alarm bells for me, he also looks like he's pursuing the easy lynches.

-I actually kind of buy silverspawn's scumslip argument on Iguana. And also melis's read of silver based on his posts during the awaclus wagon. I'm currently voting for Iguana I believe? That's a good place for my vote to be.

-Uh okay my lynch is a bad lynch. I'm here, I would vote for iguana or e as my top choices I think. Sorry I let this get this game get away from me, it's been a rough couple of weeks.

PPE: claiming is less much valuable than people give it credit for, scum almost certainly has fakeclaims in a setup like this.

Decent points on the Ichi kill analysis.  If ADK is scum and this is the real reason, he probably does not say this.  WIFOM, but best to keep people in the dark and wondering.  If ADK is scum and this is not the real reason, then ADK probably doesn't think of this.  It's not going to occur to you to come up with a fake (and not rote) reason for killing someone when you already have a good reason for it.  Townier on ADK for this. 

Stays on Iguana for the end of Day 2, doesn't seem thrilled about it but doesn't want to repeat what he did on Day 1.  Well, scum!ADK would probably find a reason to not bus his partner here.  Really, no need, and not his style.   

And that brings us to today.  Overall more town than scum on ADK.  There is also the fact that Iguana was pretty consistently tunneling ADK, right up until his lynch, and I believe ADK was a viable wagon through some of that. 

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 16 queries.