Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266899 times)

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #700 on: May 30, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »

Coming back to take a glympse at possible reaction and feel like i hit a gold mine.

And this is how i outted a scum for you.

You are welcome.

Was not even hard. Nice try misrepresenting my reads in an attempt to copy what i did to your shallow readslist.

Vote: 2.71828.....

The right summar owuld have been

If ADK is scum then GKrieg looks bad for the summary and his "early read on him" while knowing that it was useless (because he knows he is someone to catch altegame not early).
That felt like more distancing than not.

If Lio is scum then Fonti looks bad for the possible coaching part.

I don't think ADK/Lio are scum together for the way ADK continued attacking Lio when he got pressured. DIdn't feel like a partner bussing to me.

You on the other hand are just one independent scumread and your first reaction was
"i know that guy is town, i read him town before let's continue with it"

But you had to switch because you realized my case is spot on and your attempt of undermining my readslist won't help, because i actually gave reasons why i read the people the way i do. You did not.

Goodnight and Goodbye son.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 30, 2016, 06:40:53 pm »

Do not understand that at all.  ^
Can you explain how he just scumslipped?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 30, 2016, 06:41:07 pm »

Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13

6 << 16, so this is a lot of progress. Happy with my current vote.

PPE: haha nice one

Yeah this is most likely the worst scum list i have seen all game. Not talking about me, but like .. You read 3 of the people who pushed the best content in this game (Teproc, Haddock, Seprix) that you know in your scum list, and you don't even have a reason. (I don't count fonti/meli since you don't know them)

Just look at their post. They are just better. Sure there could be a scum between them. But that would be the hard scum to find, ebcause they are playing fairly well.

Hydrad is just a cop out. could be scum could be town, has no content.

I am split between you and "Number two", but he hardclaimed with his reaction while you might be just wrong on everything as town.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 30, 2016, 06:48:33 pm »

Do not understand that at all.  ^
Can you explain how he just scumslipped?
It is not a slip.

But his reaction is completly ungenuine and the point of his reactionpost is only to undermind the reads i just gave as a mockery to what i did to his post.
The difference being that i pushed quite a lot of content with mine, while he gave vague nothings.

That together with him blindy townreading me from the get go, because he knew I am town.

Either he gives the townread for the list without reading it, which means he is bad (oh look a wall of text that has to be town) or he knows i am town because he is scum.

Or he reads it completly within the 3 minutes between our posts, but doesn't understand what he reads and just reads me town for what?
And then he switches the list i made and my accusation by absically just changing or names. nothing but a mockery. Which would be fine if it was accurate (like i did to fonti earlier), but it is just not.

Lynch me if you want. i gave you some outted mafia to lynch right away. Have fun.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 30, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »

Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13

6 << 16, so this is a lot of progress. Happy with my current vote.

PPE: haha nice one

Yeah this is most likely the worst scum list i have seen all game. Not talking about me, but like .. You read 3 of the people who pushed the best content in this game (Teproc, Haddock, Seprix) that you know in your scum list, and you don't even have a reason. (I don't count fonti/meli since you don't know them)

Just look at their post. They are just better. Sure there could be a scum between them. But that would be the hard scum to find, ebcause they are playing fairly well.

Hydrad is just a cop out. could be scum could be town, has no content.

I am split between you and "Number two", but he hardclaimed with his reaction while you might be just wrong on everything as town.
You continue to blatantly misrepresent. This was not a reads list. It was not intended to be persuasive. It was not even a list of people I find scummy. It was "Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool", and indeed this is exactly what I said.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:37 pm »

Coming back to take a glympse at possible reaction and feel like i hit a gold mine.

And this is how i outted a scum for you.

You are welcome.

Was not even hard. Nice try misrepresenting my reads in an attempt to copy what i did to your shallow readslist.

Vote: 2.71828.....

The right summar owuld have been

If ADK is scum then GKrieg looks bad for the summary and his "early read on him" while knowing that it was useless (because he knows he is someone to catch altegame not early).
That felt like more distancing than not.

If Lio is scum then Fonti looks bad for the possible coaching part.

I don't think ADK/Lio are scum together for the way ADK continued attacking Lio when he got pressured. DIdn't feel like a partner bussing to me.

You on the other hand are just one independent scumread and your first reaction was
"i know that guy is town, i read him town before let's continue with it"

But you had to switch because you realized my case is spot on and your attempt of undermining my readslist won't help, because i actually gave reasons why i read the people the way i do. You did not.

Goodnight and Goodbye son.
The most OMGUS post of all time. If you read his post carefully, you'd realize that he is not actually summarizing your reads, but mocking the way you misrepresent his own reads in your summary. In noticing that he is misrepresenting you, you accidentally implicitly admit to misrepresenting him. And his original reads list was high quality.

e's flip-flop screams completely genuine to me, and I think others will agree. What you accuse e of you yourself commit at least as much.

I doubt we will find a better lynch than Jan today.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 30, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »

Vote e

I'm with Jan. Reasons after work.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 30, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »

Eh. I'm thinking I'm siding against Jan on this one.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 30, 2016, 07:52:18 pm »

Vote e

I'm with Jan. Reasons after work.

Yeah, well:

Yo, silver, Jan and I don't like to vote each other Day 1. It's not scummy.

Not particularly surprising.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:36 pm »

E's post read like he decided to lynch Jan and then figured out the reasoning afterwards.
Smooth like Sandpaper

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »

E's post read like he decided to lynch Jan and then figured out the reasoning afterwards.

That's how Jan's post read!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 30, 2016, 09:14:09 pm »

Man, I need to actually participate.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 30, 2016, 09:15:11 pm »

Man, all of the recent discussion seems like mindless babble over reads and reads lists. We were actually getting some serious stuff done, and now it's all lame.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 30, 2016, 09:21:44 pm »

How so?
Smooth like Sandpaper

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 30, 2016, 10:22:45 pm »

Man, all of the recent discussion seems like mindless babble over reads and reads lists. We were actually getting some serious stuff done, and now it's all lame.

I think this discussion is keeping progress going.

Its interesting to see.

Right now I'm trying to get a read on Jan from all of this though. His list doesn't feel fabricated at least from my perspective. so I think I'm leaning town on him.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 30, 2016, 10:30:15 pm »

How so?
I could ask you the same question. Anyway:

1. The original entry on e in his reads post is just so contrived.
2. He pretty much HAD to vote for e after e called him out. So he throws this big "hahaha I caught scum" thing and doesn't even justify it at all in the post where he votes for him. The RR is like "wut." and Jan realizes he has to come up with something, so he calls e's flip-flop fake. But the scum narrative for it is really hard to see for the initial townread post if he's going to vote for him. Town changes their mind, not scum.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:29 pm »

Good. You should ask me.
yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.  I mean, he did the same thing that he called me scummy for.
"Jan is correct that I wasn't paying attention to his posts, but he's mafia anyway because."

And yeah, that null-town read I had earlier.  Well, let's switch it to scummy.  I mean, seriously, everything I called him town for I could also call him scum for.  Nice how early reads can progress.  All those questions to get a feel for the game before jumping in exactly where he was comfortable to insure he didn't slip up in an unfamiliar environment.  How is that for twisting around what I said to make it sound scummy?
"Everything I called you town for could also make you scum, because I didn't think about my original read at all. I would like to call you scum now. Watch me make up logic."
Smooth like Sandpaper

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:44 pm »

There might be something here after all. I'm going to have to look deeper.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 30, 2016, 11:19:01 pm »

OK, time for to catch up via a player-by-player reread:

liopoil:

There's a lot going on with liopoil, and some strong emotional reactions. I'm not really used to that from him, but I haven't played in that many games with him. I have a hard time understanding we're he's coming from a lot of the time, and his posts seem to contain a lot of contradictions. The easy explanation is that's because he's scum and his stances are fabricated, but it might be town and approaching the game differently than me.

Notable posts:

439 stood out to me because of the hedgey position on RR. He feels it's important to point out that he didn't explicitly townread RR, then says that he does in fact townread RR.
   201, 446, and 448 stand out because he gives an RVS baiting post (null) but carries it over to far after actual discussion has begun, then immediately backs off on it. It's scummy for a couple of reasons: first, I would expect town to have forgotten about/dropped their baiting by that point, and second, the immediate unvoting suggests that he was feeling self-conscious about it.
   570 and the next post, there's not a whole lot to say except that liopoil looks extremely self-conscious. His following posts seem frustrated which can come as easily from town as from scum but it's the original reaction that's important.
   601 this might just be a playstyle disagreement but I don't like that's he's discouraging voting as a means of applying pressure.
   623 I don't think his analysis of his wagon is bad, although he does some overly hesitant to outright call anyone scum. But I don't like the last line, I find trying to direct conversation like that scummy. Your wagon is what's happening, people have a right to discuss it and give their thoughts and pursue it.
   697 is a weird lynchpool, and 704 is frankly bizarre. What's a lynchpool if not a list of players you find at least somewhat scummy? Are you willing to lynch players you have a townread on?

Summary: Hedgey, self-conscious, weird. Status: Would lynch.

gkrieg:

Other than his stream-of-consciousness posts, almost all of his posts are one or two lines long. He puts a lot of things in terms of “I like this” or “I don't like that” without much elaboration into his thought process. Honestly it reads as towny; scum bends over backwards to justify themselves. He pokes and prods and seems generally engaged, if overly reluctant to commit to actual reads.

Notable posts:

420 something about this post and his whole consideration of the Seprix/Melis/me situation reads towny to me. He seems like he's very engaged in the situation and working to form reads.
   528, 529 again, gkrieg is brief with his posts but does seem like he has something to say.

Summary: Natural, engaged, doesn't seem forced. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Fontisian:

After a strong initial post, seems to take a long time to get into the game. Brusque reactions to a lot of things, willing to put herself out there. A little on the lurky side, and seems to be more reactive than proactive. Not putting a whole lot of her own reads out there, but the ones that she does are strong reads, which I think ends up as towny.

Notable posts:

496 this sort of analysis looks towny.
   620 is one of those posts that's so towny, it's scummy. But I don't think that it could be coaching, scum generally knows better than to do that kind of thing. If anything it makes me think that lio and font are less likely to be partners.
   657 and on the flip side, this is one of those things that's so scummy it couldn't possibly be coming from actual scum.

Summary: Slightly lurky, but forward and willing to stand by her opinions. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Silverspawn:

A lot of well though-out analysis. I don't 100% agree with all of it, but he's very engaged with the game and is one of my strongest townreads on this reread so far. Has a very relaxed tone, talks a bit about things unrelated to the game.

Notable posts:

514 the big reread. This kinds of posts aren't impossible to fake as scum and silver is absolutely a good enough player to do so, but it makes me not want to vote for him today.
   561, 611 Silver gives IG a townread but is soon after willing to question IG's flop on Teproc. Towny; scum isn't so quick to change reads.
   655 Silver's reasoning seems spot on here. I like what I see.

Summary: On the ball, engaged, relaxed. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

RR:

Eh. Pretty typical Roadrunner stuff. Says a bunch of stuff that would scummy coming from anyone else. Completely misunderstands RVS and seems to be playing a different game than everyone else (not a different mafia game, like he's playing parcheesi or something). But I like the whole liopoil thing, and he does have enough actual content that I don't want to lynch him.

Notable posts:

627, 630 does a good job of explaining himself against pressure.

Summary: Typical Roadrunner. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Melisandre:

Bold play, not afraid of controversy, lot of poking of players and looking for reactions. Seems to put a lot of consideration into his reads. Asks a lot of pointed questions, and seems to genuinely consider the answers. Confident, conversational, flippant at times with his reaction gifs. Another strong townread.

Notable posts:

617, one of the few Melis posts I didn't like. At that point I think the lio situation demanded a stance, or at least a good explanation for not taking a side, rather than humor.

Also:

What do you mean? You heard from me today.
When are you going to start playing?

hahahahahahaha

Seprix:

Was very active at the start of the game, then gets a little lurkier. I like his early argument with Melis but my town read fades as I read him as the day goes on. I would like to see more commited reads from him on people who aren't Melisandre.

Notable posts:

457 do you have a read on liopoil?
   516 do you have a read on silverspawn?
   589 do you have a read on IG?

Summary: Somewhat lurky, and a strong shift in playstyle throughout the day. Status: Would lynch.

Hydrad:

A grand total of three four posts. There's seriously almost nothing here. Even Hydrad isn't usually this lurky, right?

Summary: Super lurker. Status: Would lynch.

Awaclus:

Ok, I'm going to try and overcome my Awaclus-bias here.

Typically closed-mouthed. I guess he finds Seprix scummy! I'm not expecting him to explain why. Although if he was town, I would expect more people would be pushing his lynch, since being anti-Awaclus is so easy, so I think that's worth at least a scumlean.

Summary: Awaclus. Status: Would lynch.

Yeah, couldn't overcome it.

J Reggie:

Seems relaxed. Seems very aware of people's metas for a newer player. I'll admit he's a bit enigmatic to me, I'm pretty much null on him. Is little shifty, willing to change his votes a lot. Well, there's a few posts that do look towny:

305 willing to change his mind without making a big deal about it.
   480 the tone of this feels relaxed and towny.
   570 the original liopoil vote is pretty bold, especially from a new player.

The one thing that still stands out to me is this:

314 J Reggie: why was gkrieg, specifically, on this list? He had made barely any posts by that point.

Summary: Hanging back, but relaxed. Not the townies but not the scummiest. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Haddock:

Few posts, but some of them are pretty long. Is tunneling J Reggie pretty hard. His reads seem kind of floaty, like he doesn't quite know where he's landed yet. I would like to see more from him but he's landed on town for now. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Ichimaru Gin:

Fairly quiet for Ichi, although I suppose no one's put any pressure on him so we haven't had the classic Ichi blow-up yet. Does seem to get more involved as the day goes on, especially in his interactions with liopoil. The turn-around there makes me lean town for now.

327, 547 casual, gut-based votes for people who don't currently have big wagons on them. Towny.
   608 again, casual, conversational. Towny.

Summary: Casual, a little quiet. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

e:

Not really liking what I see here. OMGUS's hard against Jan, doesn't seem to have strong opinions on anyone else. A lot of his early posts seem kind of empty and forced. e's usually more on the ball than this I think.

Notable posts:

282, 494['url] this kind of empty posting is odd from e.
   [url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14936.msg604193#msg604193]583
this reread list seems kind of lazy and faked to me.

Summary: Removed, disengaged, reactive. Status: Would lynch.

Jan:

Somewhat abrasive. Asks a lot of questions, prods people a lot. Seems to focus his attention on the people he's already played with, but that's understandable.

500 Jan/fontisian looks like town fighting town to me.
   668 a very involved explanation of his reasoning. I buy it as a genuine explanation of his thought process, even if I disagree with the conclusion.
   690 massive player-by-player reread. Those are, like, super towny.

Summary: Abrasive, proactive, opinionated. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Teproc:

Teproc is always next to impossible for me to read, but I'm leaning town here. He's reserved and rational. He went out on a limb with the liopoil thing. Another player that I want a little more from at this point.

376 I feel like Teproc should get that what Melis was doing (or was claiming to have done) was posted the reads list as a reaction test. But eh.
   575 for me what stands out as towny about this is the “this is going to look ridiculous, but...” line. Scum's going to try and be super confident in their reads. Teproc also I think tries to present himself as super rational as scum, and wouldn't qualify his vote like that.

Summary: Reserved, fairly typical of his meta. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

So my lynchpool looks like:

liopoil, Hydrad, Awaclus, Seprix, e. The liopoil read is probably the strongest, with e after that, and I think those would be the most informative lynches. I'm going to go with

Vote: e
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 30, 2016, 11:35:08 pm »

Lynchpool: People without a Day one pass. And I actually did mess that lynchpool up a bit anyway. Oh, and anyone who isn't hedgy on day one is faking it.

Damn, seems that literally nobody got the Teproc vote-unvote. They happened within minutes of each other. It was an RVS after RVS had ended, and you can't just leave those lying around. I don't think I ever quite contradict myself.

As for the rest of your post, it reads like the towny version of Jan's reads list. The specific references to posts are much stronger and have real content.

Interestingly, I'm seeing eye-to-eye with e right now, and it seems most people read us the same way.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 30, 2016, 11:42:03 pm »

Votecount:

e: 4
Jan: 4
fontisian: 2
seprix: 1
ADK: 1
J Reggie: 1
liopoil: 1

What, you expected names? This is a vote count, not a vote list.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 30, 2016, 11:47:02 pm »

I'll be interested to see who melisandre votes for. Seems like he's been holding back until he's read a lot and knows who he wants to lynch. Anyway, I'm done for today.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #722 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:55 pm »

I think I like where my vote is now. Here's the problem, and maybe this is too deep.

On f.ds, we are very concerned with meta. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. When someone's been playing here for long time, people get an idea of what they're usually like. That player also has an idea of how other people here read them and can use that to their advantage. When someone hasn't been playing here for a long time, they're usually a new player, and that in itself brings certain things that make them easier to read.

Jan is neither of these things. Jan has been playing mafia for a long time but is completely new to f.ds. A lot of the things that Jan is doing right now look really scummy from my perspective, but I'm only used to f.ds mafia. I'm sure that Jan knows better than to do things that are this scummy so obviously, aside from for WIFOM's sake, but I'm not seeing that right now.

It currently looks like a Jan lynch is the best option, but I don't want to make the mistake of lynching someone because they're an outsider. It's almost like we speak a different language, and Jan is saying "here are my honest reads" and I'm hearing "here's a fake reads list". So I'd like to hear what people have to say about this. I'm pretty new so I don't really know if any of this is right or not.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 31, 2016, 12:44:05 am »

Damn, that long ass readlist from ADK, with post numbers and an e vote. I think I'm going to swoon.

"Man, if I keep saying man, maybe people won't attack me for my indifference."

Hydrad: If you could, please explain your vote on me, explain why the current situation is "interesting" and commit to an opinion on E. Or die. I'm not picky.

Reggie: Jan's hasn't actually been playing forum mafia for that long. I invited him to his first game a few months ago. I imagine, he, like me, doesn't what specific things are considered scummy or towny on this site, but most mafia sites tend to follow certain patterns. Jan can and will do things that he knows are seen as scummy (especially in a joking manner) for the wifom and because he finds it amusing. I suggest you ask him and others about the specific things you find scummy or towny, both because it will likely help your read and because it will help others read you.

I had thought you had a fair bit of experience, based on your prior confidence. The hint of vulnerability here makes me want to townread you, but I'd like some f. dsers to chime in first on whether you're likely to play the newb card as mafia.
Smooth like Sandpaper

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #724 on: May 31, 2016, 01:39:47 am »

"Man, if I keep saying man, maybe people won't attack me for my indifference."

If you notice an apparent overuse of the word man, it's probably because Donald X (the creator of Dominion) uses it a bunch.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 16 queries.