Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 7: Fish Mafia (Game Over - Mafia Wins Flawlessly!)  (Read 74169 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 7: Fish Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »

I think Andrew pushing ADK here is the scummiest thing that's happened so far.

I also kind of like a pit vote, because he should know better than lurking. He played this game IRL before.

Now i have to keep lurking for at least 24h, because if i would change my behaviour after this post i would seem really suspicious.
But do you know what is really suspicious, too? Accusing random people for no reason. Not as suspicious as someone calling me "pushup" but maybe ss is the second scum...

if anything, the fact that you react so fast after I called you on it confirms that you're scum. do you want to know a secret? scum fears pressure way more than town does. town!you would not have taken me seriously at all. but scum!you is already panicking. and you have obviously been following this thread closely, not to mention  that I knew you were online in steam.

and the second part of your post is pretty OMGUS

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2014, 02:10:47 pm »

I mean you could make the argument that, because changing your behavior after I said something is suspicious, the fact that you did do it shows that you don't feel pressure, but I'm not buying it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

Oh and also

but maybe ss is the second scum...

"the second"? does this mean there are two scum? how do you know? why not 3?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »

well I guess we don't have to worry about SS going easy on pit. But I do agree slightly with SS here. pit looks a bit scummy but I don't feel as strongly about it as SS seems too
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »

Oh and also

Well, see Asherky's second post and the Matrix.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2014, 02:13:56 pm »

well I guess we don't have to worry about SS going easy on pit. But I do agree slightly with SS here. pit looks a bit scummy but I don't feel as strongly about it as SS seems too

*seems to

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2014, 02:14:52 pm »

Oh and also

Well, see Asherky's second post and the Matrix.

"..."

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »

i thought this was closed. no really, didn't see that he even made a setup post. well, see my signature.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2014, 02:18:22 pm »

Werewolf isn't similar: It's the same game. (Different voting system though). So yeah, I'm not totally new to this game.

I would like some more thoughts from Pushups though. Of Pit. Of xx. Whatever. More than 'I don't like pushups as name' and 'Silver's avatar is evil'.
I dont know enough about you all to make any reasoned accusations. My plan is to gather as much information as possible at first and then make decisions after night 1-2 (if im still alive at that point).

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »

i thought this was closed. no really, didn't see that he even made a setup post. well, see my signature.

While I'm pretty sure this is genuine at the same time you could easily fake this. Still your starting to be on the town side of my reads.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »

While I'm pretty sure this is genuine at the same time you could easily fake this. Still your starting to be on the town side of my reads.

well what would faking it do. not having read the setup doesn't make me town.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »

If your scum I'm guessing you and your partner would have discussed the setup at least a bit.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2014, 02:41:00 pm »

If your scum I'm guessing you and your partner would have discussed the setup at least a bit.

I wouldn't know.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »

Well ADK? Townslip?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

Unvote because Qvist said so and I believed him.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2014, 04:12:48 pm »

I re-read everything and here are my impressions that I quickly wrote in Notepad while I was reading:

Hydrad seems to be town
hard to say if Andrew is town
ADK accuses Hydrad of being scum
ADK states that Hugovj's ignorance of the randomly assigned roles is a townslip
ADK accuses Hydrad of being scum again and votes for him
ADK accuses Andrew of being scummy
ADK says that Hydrad is at L-2 when he's actually at L-3, not sure how doing this deliberately would help him, could be an honest mistake
Hydrad sounds like he's joking in his "defense", still seems to be town, maybe slightly worried about the chance of newbies accidentally lynching him which is understandable for both scum and town
Hugovj states that Hydrad "panics", which is definitely an overstatement
Hugovj also seems to be overstating Andrew's "aggressively defensive" playing
hard to say anything about silverspawn, mps or pit, and still hard to say anything about Andrew too
ADK continues his quest against Hydrad and keeps insisting that Hugovj's potential townslip was, indeed, a townslip
Andrew accuses ADK of being scum because of the Hugovj thing and ADK responds by admitting that what he was saying isn't necessarily true, just that he thinks it is

Eh, there isn't really a strong case against anyone here. I think that ADK looks like he's the scummiest, and Hugovj could possibly be his scum partner. Some people seem to think that Andrew is scum and I don't know if I disagree, but for the time being, I'm going to vote: ADK.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »

Other possible scum pairings are Qvist/Hydrad and Andrew/Hydrad, but then Hydrad would have to be playing really well because I'm not getting that kind of impression from him at all.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2014, 04:28:47 pm »

yay someones on my side... kinda?

Anyways would we be able to get a vote count? I'm kinda loosing track of where everything is.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

silverspawn (1): Hydrad
Hydrad (1): ADK
ADK (2): AndrewisFTTW, Awaclus
AndrewisFTTW (3): Hugovj, xxpittip, silverspawn
Not Voting (2): mpsprs, Qvist

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 will end at 6:00 p.m. on November 10, 2014.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2014, 05:35:13 pm »

is this really your second game? that post doesn't look like it.

This is like my fourth game, but I don't remember exactly.

Finally, about the Hydrad L-2, I'm not worried yet.  I trust that even us new townies understand the value of a longer day 1 (information), and mafia won't hammer because that's just asking for suspicion.  But it's always interesting to see how people react.

You might be right, if someone hammers this early, that's pretty suspicious, still I unvote just to be sure, because the time we have to get all our reads is valuable and a premature hammering wouldn't allow that.

In the first newbie game I played, a new player asked if roles were random, and it was a townslip. If the scum team was two newbies, they were probably surmise that they had been chosen randomly (or been told by the mod), and if it was a newbie and vet, they would have been told by the vet in their QT. There was some argument that the newbie had been coached to ask that question, but that's not a thing that really happens. Hence, I think that it points to Hugo probably being town.

Interesting insight. Hugo might be town, your argument is reasonable.

This is definitely to early to risk a hammer on Hydrad. Unvote

I disagree. You should definitely go back to voting for him.

Why do you think so?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »

Well ADK? Townslip?

More likely to be a genuine townslip, yeah.

Hydrad seems to be town

Why?

Why do you think so?

He's switching votes a fair bit, which looks like nervous scum to me. I pretty much always find Hydrad scummy, though.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2014, 06:37:09 pm »

He's switching votes a fair bit, which looks like nervous scum to me. I pretty much always find Hydrad scummy, though.

Well I've voted twice... and both votes are kinda RVS votes. So thats a interesting reason to vote for me seeing as others have voted just as much if not more then me. But whatever. Also ya sorry for some people I seem to always seem scummy to them.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »

Well ADK? Townslip?

More likely to be a genuine townslip, yeah.

I begrudgingly agree.

Hydrad seems to be town

Why?

Yeah why?

Why do you think so?

Not gonna reread yet as we just started but I'm null on Hydrad right now. I haven't witnessed anything out of the ordinary for Hydrad yet.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2014, 07:11:35 pm »

Why?

Well, it just mostly felt like he was genuinely trying to help the newbie townies find the scum and not mislynch people for stupid reasons. Just an impression like that. Of course, that's just my subjective view, and I'm aware that it could be just him being good at acting like a helpful pro-town player and me being bad at telling that it's just an act, so if you can convince me that I'm wrong, I'm very willing to change my view about this. I just find the arguments you and Hugovj were using against him overly aggressive, and not very strong.

mpsprs

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2014, 07:12:28 pm »

No I'm arguing that it's WIFOM and not as cut and dry as you make it seem.

I'll grant you that it's possible that he faked it, I'm just saying that to me, it seems more likely that it's genuine, and that it gives me a town read on him. You don't have to agree, but I don't see how me holding that opinion is scummy. I certainly wasn't trying to present it as indisputable evidence that Hugo is town or anything.

Time for me to chime in on the Hugo and setup thing.  His question (whether or not scum are chosen randomly) also occurred to me, though I simply assumed it was random.  I couldn't find anything in the set-up about that.  So to me, it feels like the kind of thing new townies could and would wonder about (since that is exactly my situation).

And the argument that scum had an extra day of prep to get that question answered is a good one.  And it doesn't really seem like the kind of thing that scum would plan to ask about to put us off their scent, so I'd say the question pushes Hugo a tad toward town in my estimation.  Certainly there is some WIFOM in there, if they thought of it-but I'm guessing they wouldn't.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.