Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Prospector - Symmetrical treasure gain  (Read 2255 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2148
    • View Profile
Prospector - Symmetrical treasure gain
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:09:47 am »
+3

Prospector
Action - $2
Gain a Treasure, putting it in your hand. Each other player gains a copy of that treasure, putting it on top of his deck.

With copper it's an attack (should it be typed as such?) otherwise it's highly strategic. You get the platinum, but so do they next turn. It will be great for the last turn.

I've been trying this idea for a while now, but I think this might be a general variant that works.

Jean-Michel

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jean-Michel
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector - Symmetrical treasure gain
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:36:10 am »

This would combo really well with certain Attack cards such as Spy or especially Thief. That might be slightly too powerful (consider a 6-player game, play Prospector and gain Platinum in hand, then play Thief and gain 5 more Platina), but I like the general idea a lot.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:54:06 am »

a card that makes thief viable ;)  cant be to strong :P and now everyone is laying 6 Players ... but its pretty strong even with 4 Players.

maybe they set the gained card aside and put it on their deck when the turn starts.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:21 am »

I like it. The only thing is that gaining a Platinum should possibly be prevented. Maybe "Gain a Treasure card costing up to $6" or even up to $5.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:02:28 am »

with conting up to 6 it would be ok i guess. even a two card combo with two 4$ card gives you allready 4 Golds so pulling the Prospector-Thief thing off to get 4 gold or so is reasonable and if you get to play 3 Highways before that then you deserve to get the platinums ;)

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:10 am »
+2

with conting up to 6 it would be ok i guess. even a two card combo with two 4$ card gives you allready 4 Golds so pulling the Prospector-Thief thing off to get 4 gold or so is reasonable and if you get to play 3 Highways before that then you deserve to get the platinums ;)

I am sure I saw a two $4 combo that nets you 4 Gold before.

In this case, it is even harder, because you need to be able to play two terminals. And it is also less rewarding, because only one Gold gets topdecked. Of course, the two cards are useful for some other things while you seek for the combo, so balance seems ok.|

It also has nice end-game play if you happen to know or guess that the opponent's won't draw the Gold. Or the Gold may be of no use to them.

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:37:11 am »

a card that makes thief viable ;)  cant be to strong :P and now everyone is laying 6 Players ... but its pretty strong even with 4 Players.

maybe they set the gained card aside and put it on their deck when the turn starts.

KC - KC - Prospector - Thief -Salvager

Good combo !

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »

KC - KC - Prospector - Thief -Salvager

Good combo !

Margrave instead of Salvager is better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.745 seconds with 22 queries.