Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mage Knight III (Game starts, Choosing Tactics)  (Read 3802 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight III (Game starts, Heroes Selection)
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 09:37:30 pm »

I'll try the new guy...so, Wolfhawk

Man, I wanted the new guy.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 12:23:17 am »

I'll try the new guy...so, Wolfhawk

Man, I wanted the new guy.
It's ok, neither of you will get the new guy because there is no new "guy".

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 02:15:50 am »

I'll need some time for when I'm free to go over the base rules and expansion... maybe Friday. Sorry for delays.

For now you only have to choose your Hero. You can see the difference mainly on the Skills tab of the spreadsheet.
If you don't care that much, Galzria is probably happy to take Goldyx as he plays with Norowas in the other game. Right, Galzria?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 02:33:20 am »

I'll need some time for when I'm free to go over the base rules and expansion... maybe Friday. Sorry for delays.

For now you only have to choose your Hero. You can see the difference mainly on the Skills tab of the spreadsheet.
If you don't care that much, Galzria is probably happy to take Goldyx as he plays with Norowas in the other game. Right, Galzria?

Goldyx or Tovak, yeah.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 02:40:49 am »

Goldyx or Tovak, yeah.

D'oh. We have 5 Heroes now, so this isn't an issue. So, Tables can freely choose.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »

Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 06:54:20 pm »

Whichever is third alphabetically, please.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »

Whichever is third alphabetically, please.

Tovak then of the remain' 3 huh?

Well, I would've choosen him.. but I guess Goldyx it is...

... Which I hate because I read that "Goldy Locks" every time.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 03:48:57 am »

Tovak OP

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjovnuYeeSkidC0zaWd3cW1uc0VKN01SVkM0SC1ZX3c

Fame: Goldyx: 0 / Wolfhawk: 0 / Tovak: 0 / Arythea: 0
Influence: Goldyx: 0 / Wolfhawk: 0 / Tovak: 0 / Arythea: 0

Advanced Actions:
Stout Resolve Move 2, Influence 2, Attack 2 or Block 2. You may discard a Wound to increase the effect by 1. /// Move 3, Influence 3, Attack 3 or Block 3. You may discard any number of cards, including one Wound, to increase the effect by 2 for each.
Chivalry Attack 3, or Attack 2 and Reputation +1 for each enemy defeated by this attack. /// Attack 6, or Attack 4 and Reputation +1 and Fame +1 for each enemy defeated by this attack.
Mana Storm Choose a mana die in the Source that is showing a basic color. Gain a crystal of that color to your Inventory, then immediately reroll that die and return it to the Source. /// Reroll all dice in the Source. You can use three extra dice from the Source, and you can use dice showing black or gold as mana of any basic color, regardless of the Round.

Spells:
Cure / Disease Heal 2. Draw a card for each Wound healed from your hand this turn, and ready each Unit healed this turn. /// All enemies blocked during the Block phase get their Armor reduced to 1.
Mana Meltdown / Mana Radiance Each other player must randomly choose a crystal in their Inventory to be lost. You may gain one crystal lost this way to your Inventory. Any player that had no crystal in their Inventory when you played this, takes a Wound instead. /// When you play this, choose a basic mana color. Each player, including you, takes a Wound for each crystal of that color they own. Gain two crystal of the chosen color to your Inventory.
Charm / Possess Influence 4. If you use this during interaction then either gain a crystal of any color to your Inventory or get a discount of 3 towards of one Unit. /// One enemy does not attack. In the Attack phase gain Attack equal to its Attack including elements (if any) but ignore special abilites. You can target only other enemies with that attack.

Units:
Magic Familiars Cost 6! (Interaction Only / When you recruit Magic Familiars, you must also pay a mana of a basic color. Take a crystal of that color from the supply and place it on the Magic Familiars. At the start of every round, remove that crystal and replace it with a crystal of the same or a different color from your inventory. If you cannot or choose not to replace the crystal, the Magic Familiars are removed from the game.) / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Mage Tower, Monastery or Glade / Attack 3 (Red: +2) /// Block 4 (Blue: +3) /// Move 3 or Influence 3 (White: +2) /// Heal 2 (Green: +1)
Foresters Cost 5 / Level 1 / Armour 4 / Recruitabke in Village / Move 2. The move cost of forests, hills and swamps is reduced by 1 this turn, to a minimum of 0 /// Block 3
Guardian Golems Cost 7 / Level 2 / Armour 3 (Physical Resistance) / Recruitable in Keep or Mage Tower / Attack or Block 2 /// Fire Block 4 /// Ice Block 4
Shocktroops Cost 6 / Level 2 / Armour 3 / Recruitable in Keep / Ranged Attack 1. All your other Units get +1 to all their Attacks this turn. /// Reduce Armor and one attack of chosen enemy by 1. /// Reduce one enemy attack by 3. Any damage from that attack must be assigned to this Unit first, even if that enemy had Assassination.                                         
Magic Familiars Cost 6! (Interaction Only / When you recruit Magic Familiars, you must also pay a mana of a basic color. Take a crystal of that color from the supply and place it on the Magic Familiars. At the start of every round, remove that crystal and replace it with a crystal of the same or a different color from your inventory. If you cannot or choose not to replace the crystal, the Magic Familiars are removed from the game.) / Level 2 / Armour 5 / Recruitable in Mage Tower, Monastery or Glade / Attack 3 (Red: +2) /// Block 4 (Blue: +3) /// Move 3 or Influence 3 (White: +2) /// Heal 2 (Green: +1)
Thugs Cost 5 (Reverse Reputation) / Level 1 / Armour 5 (You have to pay 2 influence to assign damage to the Thugs during combat.) / Recruitable in Village or Keep / Block 3 /// Attack 3, Reputation -1 /// Influence 4, Reputation -1

Monastery Advanced Actions                                                       
Peaceful Moment Influence 3. You may play this as your action for the turn: if you do, you may get Heal 1 for each 2 Influence you spend. /// Influence 6. You may play this as your action for the turn: if you do, you may get Heal 1 for each 2 Influence you spend and/or refresh a Unit paying 2 Influence per level of the Unit.

Common Skill Offer:
Empty

Mana Source:
Green / Red / Blue / Blue / White / Black

Map:

Goldyx (Galzria):
Level 1 / Armour 2 / Hand 5 / Piles (Draw/Hand/Discard): 11/5/0 / Tactics: -
Skills: None
Crystals: None
Units (0/1): None

Tovak (Tables):

Wolfhawk (theorel):

Arythea (pops):

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

Please choose your Day Tactics in the order Galzria, Tables, theorel, pops.

The names of the locations from left to right and top to bottom:
Rampaging Orc, Monastery, Magical Glade, Dungeon, Monster Den, Ancient Ruins, Keep, Portal (Starting Point), Rampaging Orc (surrounded by walls), Magical Glade, Mage Tower, Deep Mines

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Knight III (Game starts, Choosing Tactics)
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 06:23:44 pm »

Great Start

Mafia Record:

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 02:23:31 pm »

PSsst...Tables, you should pick a tactic. :)

(Also, QVist: do you want to move this to the active games area at some point?)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »

PSsst...Tables, you should pick a tactic. :)

(Also, QVist: do you want to move this to the active games area at some point?)

Moved and bumped

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »

Sorry. I still haven't had a chance to get around to looking up the expansion changes and reading through the rules again... it might be best if I drop out before it's too far gone and you can easily find a replacement.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:47 am »

C'mon Tables you can do it.  You don't even really need to read the expansion rules, the majority of the rules are just specific rules for various enemies/recruits/locations.
The general rules changes are minimal, they are basically:
-You can play Special and Healing effects any time (including if you then rest).
-You can play Influence and Move any time.  BUT it gets cleared between the movement and action phases.
-Attack/Block work exactly the same as before (rulebook is poorly worded on that one)

-some clarifications regarding composite effects (such as Concentration).  All composite effects are considered a single "effect".  But for resistances each "effect" maintains color.  (i.e. concentration playing a blue card which destroys an enemy is resisted by ice resistance)

And things specific to various enemies/recruits/locations.  And you can pick those up as you go.
For example: at the moment we have:
-Thugs (reverse your reputation bonus/penalty to influence when recruited.  So a positive reputation is negative, and a negative one is positive)
-The Rampaging Orc in the North is "Elusive", so his armor is the little grey number if he isn't blocked (including during ranged combat), and the big number if he is blocked.
-Familiars:  The bonus in parentheses is according to the mana placed on them.  Interaction only means they can't be claimed as a Ruins reward.

-The Wall costs 1 extra move to cross, the rampaging enemy doesn't attack you if your second space is separated by the wall, and if you attack/challenge across a wall the defender counts as being additionally fortified.  (So attacking the Mage Tower across the wall double-fortifies the defender).

So, that's the expansion changes.  I'm sure you don't need to know all the rules to choose a tactic.  And things will become much clearer after a couple turns.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 09:52:34 am »

Considering my exams are starting up again now, I really do think it's a bad idea for me to start more forum games :(.

It shouldn't be hard to find another player, I think.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:29 am »

aw... :(

Well then, c'mon people who will step up?  I know you're reading this thread saying, "man! I missed the MKIII sign-ups".
MKI is over for me...I need something to fill the gap :)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2013, 03:48:35 pm »

MKII is moving so slow maybe it should be abandoned and merged.

Did I say that out loud?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 10:51:20 am »

Did I say that out loud?

Hey its not even waiting on me right now!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2013, 12:26:49 pm »

Did I say that out loud?

Hey its not even waiting on me right now!

No, it's on me. I'll update that in a few minutes. Sorry.

Tables, did you change your mind in the mean time? You had a little bit of time to think over it...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.