Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161304 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

It is rather meh of Frisk to vote without providing any reasons. He is a slight town read for me though.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:30 am »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

Sorry, I dont want to mischaracterize.  This is what you actually said.  I was paraphrasing (incorrectly I will acknowledge) but I still read this as a defense.  Also you are wrong about snapwagons (trying to derail) since this snapwagon killed scum (galz) day 1.  It just sucks that in this set up that is actually TERRIBLE for town.
Like I immediately clarified to Frisk, scum should be mafia in that sentence. It's obviously VERY different to quickwagon a serial killer, the scum on that wagon weren't killing off their team mate. Here they would be. Serial killer is the same as town for the mafia team (except in this setup mafia obviously wanted to kill him, town didn't.. but no one can really know so it doesn't really matter).

Sorry. Mea culpa. Didn't realize that's what your semantics argument with CF was all about.  Regardless I will clarify.  You defend Yuma. Your argument is quick wagons in your opinion often don't catch scum so the fact that Yumas wagon was quick makes him less likely to be scum.  However the speed of Yumas wagon is justified by the fact that he was quick to hammer galz who mafia knew was not mafia.  In general I would say quick wagons are bad because we get less info but that doesn't mean Yuma isn't scum.  That's why you get scum points while volt and ash get town points.

After rereading my post, I think this is worse than I thought for Eevee.  If he is saying that quickwagons are bad for town because they dont catch scum, then this should be a reason for Eevee to get behind the Yuma wagon instead of behind it.  He calls out Yumas wagon for being quick but fails to mentions that Yuma is getting wagoned because he lynched Galz with the quickhammer.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2012, 11:03:44 am »

After rereading my post, I think this is worse than I thought for Eevee.  If he is saying that quickwagons are bad for town because they dont catch scum, then this should be a reason for Eevee to get behind the Yuma wagon instead of behind it defending yuma.  He calls out Yumas wagon for being quick but fails to mentions that Yuma is getting wagoned because he lynched Galz with the quickhammer.

Fix'd

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2012, 11:06:27 am »

I don't understand what you are saying Munch.

I'm saying there is also evidence that points to yuma being town, for example the fact that a wagon formed on him so ridiculously fast. It's also blatantly wrong of you to say I didn't try to slow down the lynch, I recall posting NO ONE QUICKHAMMER YUMA, pretty clearly means I thought (and still think) we need to discuss more and either scum is getting excited to lynch a townie or townies are being too hasty. I don't think scumyuma quickhammering Galzria like Voltgloss explained is that likely and yuma's defense feels that off a townie. Should we make yuma claim though, I don't know.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2012, 11:08:11 am »

It would be so easy for yuma's scumpartners to not say anything to slow down the wagon (instead of joining it with their pitchforks up high). Or do you think almost the entire town just got online at the same time and really were convinced yuma is scum? Usually town is a little less sure about everything than scum, and yuma wouldn't be that easy to lynch if he was scum I think.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2012, 11:13:55 am »

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:16 am »

I don't understand what you are saying Munch.

I'm saying there is also evidence that points to yuma being town, for example the fact that a wagon formed on him so ridiculously fast. It's also blatantly wrong of you to say I didn't try to slow down the lynch, I recall posting NO ONE QUICKHAMMER YUMA, pretty clearly means I thought (and still think) we need to discuss more and either scum is getting excited to lynch a townie or townies are being too hasty. I don't think scumyuma quickhammering Galzria like Voltgloss explained is that likely and yuma's defense feels that off a townie. Should we make yuma claim though, I don't know.

I agree that you defending obvscum!yuma is definitely a means to slow down the wagon.  So is saying "no one quickhammer" but you have a different end goal than volt/ash in that you actually want to keep scum!yuma alive (spoiler: its cause hes your partner).

Also "I dont think scumyuma quickhammering..." was a bit confusing to me.  I thought you were saying Volt explained that it is unlikely that scumyuma hammered galz.  He said the opposite (Post #297, it was awesome) and I think his case is much stronger than "yuma's defense feels town".

Lastly, why should he need to claim when I've already found all 3 scum ;)

PPE: @Qvist, there are reasons to vote for eevee.  Its kinda been what I've been talking about.  It doesn't feel like a random vote; maybe Reactionary but def not random.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:52 am »

Vote Count 2-1

Captain_Frisk (1) - QVist
Jotheonah (1) - Axxle
Ashersky (1) - yuma
yuma (3) - Voltgloss, jotheonah, TheMunch
Eevee (1) - Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (2) - Eevee, ashersky

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:52 am »

So Munch, what changes if yuma / I'm lynched and we don't flip scum? And who's the third?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:49 am »

So Munch, what changes if yuma / I'm lynched and we don't flip scum? And who's the third?

Then you can lynch me and I'll feel ashamed.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:08 am »

The third is Qvist, btw.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2012, 11:23:22 am »

So let me get this straight.. you claim to already know who all the scum are, and you are willing to bet the whole game on your theory? Yep, that sounds like some solid town play.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

ITT we have TheMunch calling a scum trio day2 and wagering his (supposed) wincon on being right.

I'm not saying you couldn't be doing this as town. I'm saying it's just utterly ridiculous, YOU CANT BE THAT SURE. That's a fact because I know you are wrong about me at least.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 13, 2012, 11:26:43 am »

So let me get this straight.. you claim to already know who all the scum are, and you are willing to bet the whole game on your theory? Yep, that sounds like some solid town play.

Hadn't thought about that.  If you all lynch me for being wrong about the fact that Yuma/Eevee/Qvist are scum (they are totally scum) then we lose the game so that sucks.  In general I want to be held accountable for my reads though.  Thats all I was trying to convey.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2012, 11:27:10 am »

I guess I should vote for Munch, because unless he is willing to reconsider, his being alive is detrimental to town even if he is town himself, and the only way we can win is if he is scum.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2012, 11:31:36 am »

I guess I should vote for Munch, because unless he is willing to reconsider, his being alive is detrimental to town even if he is town himself, and the only way we can win is if he is scum.

This is quite possibly the worst thing you've said by far.  I clarified that I was just trying to be held accountable.  However, we are in such bad shape that that is not an option.  You, however, are willing to hang me out to dry before we even know whether or not I am wrong.  We win by lynching scum every time, not by killing what you consider a detrimental player "even if [I am] town" (remember, mislynches are bad so lynching me if I am town is bad, which is what you just said you were willing to do).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2012, 11:33:31 am »

We have exactly 1 mislynch.  This looks like someone making an excuse to use it on a poor townie.  If you want to get rid of erroneous tunneling - then you should go talk to QVist.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

I think someone not me/CF/Qvist/Eevee needs to say something.  I want to hear about my scum-trio theory from Ash, Volt, AXXLE, Joth.  Yuma can say whatever he wants.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2012, 11:44:07 am »

Calling a trio right now is crazy. It's not scum-crazy though, it's just normal crazy, probTown.

TheMunch, the main thing we need to do right now is find 1 scum we're sure about, not 3. Who's your top read and why?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

We have exactly 1 mislynch.  This looks like someone making an excuse to use it on a poor townie.  If you want to get rid of erroneous tunneling - then you should go talk to QVist.

Also, this. Eevee is looking pretty bad, but I've misread him before. I don't think he out-scums yuma's Galz hammer, is the thing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 13, 2012, 11:50:57 am »

Calling a trio right now is crazy. It's not scum-crazy though, it's just normal crazy, probTown.

TheMunch, the main thing we need to do right now is find 1 scum we're sure about, not 3. Who's your top read and why?

The one scum I'm most sure of is Yuma. My case on eevee depends slightly on him being scum buddies with Yuma but his recent posts have been pretty bad. Like saying we should kill me even if I'm town.  Qvist is an afterthought.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2012, 12:54:05 pm »

On the subject of figuring out the scumtrio (or scumpairs):  I think we'll be in a better position to do so tomorrow, after we have today's lynchflip and tonight's scumkill flip. 

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2012, 01:01:30 pm »

On the subject of figuring out the scumtrio (or scumpairs):  I think we'll be in a better position to do so tomorrow, after we have today's lynchflip and tonight's scumkill flip.

Who should we flip?  You still pro-yuma-lynch?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

I'm not abandoning my case on yuma, if that's what you're asking.  I want to hear Axxle's reaction.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »

Also, this. Eevee is looking pretty bad, but I've misread him before. I don't think he out-scums yuma's Galz hammer, is the thing.
I know Munch is wrong about me, and I'm suspecting he is wrong about yuma too. I don't have much of an opinion of his alignment (he is indeed quite forward for a scum player but I don't know much anything of how he usually plays). Idk, it's just I think Munch and yuma are pretty much equally likely to be scum, so it's all pretty messed up. If I had to pick a lynch target now, I would go for a silent blend in the background type for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.