Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Author Topic: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: GAME OVER! FLAWLESS TOWN WIN (sort of)!  (Read 115199 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 2) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #425 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

Joth played Spy on you Dsell, although I don't know exactly what that does. Your account of the rest of his hand is correct however, which only lends credit to your claim of having looked at his cards - not that you yourself no longer have 4 in hand.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 25, 2012, 11:25:58 pm »

Joth played Spy on you Dsell, although I don't know exactly what that does. Your account of the rest of his hand is correct however, which only lends credit to your claim of having looked at his cards - not that you yourself no longer have 4 in hand.

You can verify that he played spy? I don't know what that does either, of course, but if that's the case he must be town since he had 5 cards total. I can't say why he got the result he did except for those options I already gave (some action is obscuring the results or my own information is wrong/obscured), so I understand why people want to lynch me. But realize that after I'm lynched, there's going to be another mystery to solve and lynching me will be wasted time and one less person to help solve it.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 25, 2012, 11:36:34 pm »

You can verify that he played spy? I don't know what that does either, of course, but if that's the case he must be town since he had 5 cards total. I can't say why he got the result he did except for those options I already gave (some action is obscuring the results or my own information is wrong/obscured), so I understand why people want to lynch me. But realize that after I'm lynched, there's going to be another mystery to solve and lynching me will be wasted time and one less person to help solve it.

I sit to his... Left? Right? Whichever way passes MY unchosen cards to him.

On MY turn 4, I had a choice between "X" and "Spy". I chose "X". That means he received Spy.

You listed his hand as 4 cards. 3 of those could've been chosen from cards I passed him. 1 he must've started with. You did NOT list Spy. This means he played Spy, and came back with results of some nature on you.

I also investigated Joth last night to increase my own personal knowledge of cards within a subset around me. It was a straight alignment investigation. Joth is town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:09 pm »

...or you turn up as Mafia and there is no mystery to be solved. If you are town, yeah it sucks, but all of the scenarios you provide look a little too bastard for DoMafia.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:30 pm »

...or you turn up as Mafia and there is no mystery to be solved. If you are town, yeah it sucks, but all of the scenarios you provide look a little too bastard for DoMafia.

Look at RMM3, where the town was distracted for days by an apparent fact that was just plain wrong. As eHalcyon would point out, this is role madness.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2012, 01:24:35 am »

I'm not really available for discussion right now (I'll be back tomorrow, Monday, afternoon), but I can confirm that Dsell played Masquerade and Galzria appeared to have played Rats.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2012, 03:25:05 am »

YN, can you reveal what you did last night?  I am trying to understand your willingness to sheep Joth right off the bat with you seemingly knowing what he was getting at so quickly...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2012, 03:36:26 am »

Ok, let's see.

There are 13 cards in the discard pile. We were 12 players. That means that at least one player was able to play 2 cards.
I was able to do that with Outpost + X. I wait with revealing what X was until I'm more confident with what I think is going on.
I don't know what Throne Room does. But it probably doesn't allow you to play a card twice, because that is what Outpost did.
Maybe it allows you to play a card twice, but you have to wait a day until you can play that.
Maybe they do the same thing what means someone didn't play a card.

Ok, next. I have no idea what Spy or Scrying Pool are doing, but they are no discard attacks in Dominion.
And if they were discard attacks, shouldn't they appear in the discard pile?
And I didn't found info on whether investigate cards allow you to see the Promos or just one card less.
But jotheonah basically says Dsell has 3 cards in his hand. How do you know??

Vote: jotheonah until I got clarification.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2012, 04:31:39 am »

jotheonah, what does Spy do?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2012, 05:22:37 am »

Someone else apparently played Spy too. It lets me see two plAyers' hands but not the cards they play.

I used it on 2 people. One was Dsell. He had 3 cards in hand. The other person had four. If someone not on an iPhone would be so kind as to aggregate/repost the hand set claims I might be able to catch Dsell definitively.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Domafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: (Day 1) PM for Spectator QT
« Reply #435 on: November 26, 2012, 05:24:28 am »

Vote: Morgrim for having two posts this game and making me forget he's even here. Seriously, there's lurking.... And then there's Morgrim.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Morgrim hunting.  ::) But the lack of posts aside, he's the only one who hasn't posted his hand.

Speaking of hands:

Frisk:
Base, Seaside, Cornucopia, Prosperity, Dark Ages

Joth:
Prosperity, Dark Ages, Intrigue, Seaside, Base

Robz:
Base, Base, Intrigue, Intrigue, Prosperity

Galz:
Dark Ages, Dark Ages, Dark Ages, Hinterlands, Alchemy

Dsell:
Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Alchemy, Intrigue

Y.Nick:
Intrigue, Intrigue, Prosperity, Seaside, Seaside

PPS:
Alchemy, Hinterlands, Hinterlands, Intrigue, Seaside

Cayvie:
Alchemy, Intrigue, Cornucopia, Dark Ages, Dark Ages

Ashersky:
Prosperity, Base, Alchemy, Dark Ages, Seaside

Eevee:
Base, Intrigue, Prosperity, Hinterlands, Seaside

Qvist:
Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Seaside, Intrigue

Morgrim:
??, ??, ??, ??, ??

Counts:

Base: 6
Intrigue: 10
Seaside: 14
Alchemy: 5
Prosperity: 6
Cornucopia: 2
Hinterlands: 4
Dark Ages: 8

And of course 5 more somewhere for Morgrim. I wasn't sure if the count would help, but it seemed worth having here. I don't see any pattern to it myself, even if I guessed where Morgrim's cards might fall. Still, I thought having this in one place might help on future days.

Query to town: Are we pre announcing out set play each day? For example, before we go to night, should I announce which set I'll be playing from? I don't think there's a correlation between set and role, so I don't see too much harm, and it let's us match up the cards played (when released in the morning) to who was going to play from which set. It adds a level of verification to the process (I think) that will hopefully make it harder for scum to lie and mislead.

Here you go.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 26, 2012, 05:25:11 am »

Masq was his intrigue card, so three seasides and an alchemy left...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30:57 am »

All the cards I saw we're seaside. So IF people want absolute certainty we could hAve Dsell claim his alchemy card today and then lynch him tomorrow if it doesn't hit the discard. But I'd much rather just lynch him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 26, 2012, 05:33:30 am »

Also the other person's hand matches their claim so they're very likely town. But I don't know if the IC benefit is worth painting a target on their back. Thoughts?

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 26, 2012, 05:34:31 am »

All the cards I saw we're seaside. So IF people want absolute certainty we could hAve Dsell claim his alchemy card today and then lynch him tomorrow if it doesn't hit the discard. But I'd much rather just lynch him.

Reading back over his D1 posts, I think I am okay with the lynch, but I want to hear from YN on his quick, quick sheep, still.

Also the other person's hand matches their claim so they're very likely town. But I don't know if the IC benefit is worth painting a target on their back. Thoughts?

Given protection cards available,  I think it is worth it.  Wifom plus actual protection definitely helps town there.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:15 am »

lynching him today seems correct, based on this info

vote: dsell

that's L-2
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2012, 06:24:27 am »

I did some analysis I will present later.
But I like to hear first if someone can confirm the Spy ability.
And I like to hear from Robz what card he played and what it did do.
Until then, please no hammer.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 26, 2012, 06:49:01 am »

I can validate spy.  I played the other. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 26, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

Other thoughts about whether cleared town should be announced?

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:01 am »

I'n sorry I once again suck at knowing the setup. Scum has the promo cards so that's how you know someone being truthful about their hand means that they are town?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:38 am »

I'm going to withhold any announcements until later in the day.... Galzria style.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:16 am »

I'n sorry I once again suck at knowing the setup. Scum has the promo cards so that's how you know someone being truthful about their hand means that they are town?

This is my impression.  Since none of the promos were played - they must still be in hand, and thus any spies would have spied them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2012, 09:27:14 am »

So, you are confirmed town as long as Galzria is truthful (=town) and not mistaken (could a redirector role mess this up?). So scum already has a night kill target in you. If you have information about someone (who then is town if you are), I think you should share it before we head to night at least (I guess asap is preferable, because it helps the discussion too), because being a probable IC you are a likely night kill target and it would suck for your information to go to the grave with you.

So I vote share.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2012, 09:34:21 am »

@Morgrim -

With thanksgiving over - will you be posting more?  Are you willing to tell us the sets of cards in your hand / what set you played last night?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:27 am »

Phone posting now, but Dsell is at L-2. eHalc is spectating this game, but eHalc, can you please lock the thread if someone gets lynched and I'm not online? Thanks. Treat eHalc as locking it the same as me locking it. I'll be gone for 8 hours so I cannot do it.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.