Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Shadows Over Camelot I (Game over, everyone wins)  (Read 48699 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, mail-mi's turn)
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2013, 10:01:18 am »

It takes some getting used to when talking about cards without being specific.

Not to mention, when you have a table full of people who don't really know each other that well and may not exactly convey or interpret the message accurately, then there's the opportunity for miscommunication.

So, don't be afraid to talk a little bit vaguely. For the most part, you can get by with not referencing the card by name (except for Merlins; kind of hard to talk about Merlin without saying Merlin). You can see in the previous posts how we referred to Lancelot, the Black Knight, the Picts/Saxons, and the Grail.
A man has no signature

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round IV, Tables' turn)
« Reply #401 on: April 13, 2013, 06:24:23 pm »

Sir Galahad mail-mi draws "Mists Of Avalon" (Special Card): From now on, each lost Quest adds 1 additional Black Sword to the Round Table.
King Arthur Jorbles plays 2 Merlins and Sir Percival Tables plays 1 Merlin to cancel the effect..
Sir Galahad mail-mi plays a Fight 2 card to the Pict Wars Quest.

Players (Turn Order)
King Arthur Jorbles       Life: 3 Cards: 7
Sir Gawain Kuildeous     Life: 2 Cards: 7
Sir Galahad mail-mi      Life: 3 Cards: 9
Sir Palamedes Eevee    Life: 2 Cards: 5
Sir Percival Tables        Life: 3 Cards: 7

For better reading: Black = red, white = green
Quests
Tournament vs the Black Knight Perpetual, Solo, Combat Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 3 Cards, 1 Life Point)   X|_|_|_    _|_ _|_
Dragon's Quest Combat Quest (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 2 Life Points)                                              X|_|_|_|_    4|_|_ _|_|_ _|_|_ 
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|_   
Pict Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                     X|_|_|_ 1|2|_|_|_ 
Saxon Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                 X|X|_|_ _|_|_|_|_   
Camelot                                                                                                                                         |||_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

Sir Palamedes Eevee please choose the Progression of Evil.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, Eevee's turn)
« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2013, 06:41:08 pm »

I think I'm gonna stay at the pict war cuz I can probably finish it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:34 am »

Draw a card.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:17 am »

Sir Palamedes Eevee draws "Despair" and adds it to the Holy Grail Quest.

Players (Turn Order)
Sir Galahad mail-mi      Life: 3 Cards: 9
Sir Palamedes Eevee    Life: 2 Cards: 5

Quests
Tournament vs the Black Knight Perpetual, Solo, Combat Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 3 Cards, 1 Life Point)   X|_|_|_    _|_ _|_
Dragon's Quest Combat Quest (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 2 Life Points)                                              X|_|_|_|_    4|_|_ _|_|_ _|_|_ 
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|X   
Pict Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                     X|_|_|_ 1|2|_|_|_ 
Saxon Wars Quest (Outcome: 1 Sword, 4 Cards, 1 Life Point, if lost: 2 siege Engines to Camelot)                 X|X|_|_ _|_|_|_|_   
Camelot                                                                                                                                         |||_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

Sir Palamedes Eevee please perform your Heroic action. You may use your Special Ability if possible and sacrifice one Life Point to perform a second Heroic Action.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2013, 03:17:56 pm »

Sir Palamedes Eevee draws "Despair" and adds it to the Holy Grail Quest.
Sir Palamedes Eevee discards a card to move Excalibur closer to victory.

Players (Turn Order)
Sir Galahad mail-mi      Life: 3 Cards: 8
Sir Palamedes Eevee    Life: 2 Cards: 4

Quests
Quest for Excalibur (Outcome: 2 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Excalibur)                                                 _|_|_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_ 
Quest for the Holy Grail (Outcome: 3 Swords, 7 Cards, 1 Life Point, Holy Grail)                                          X|X|X|X|X|X|X   

Sir Percival Tables please choose the Progression of Evil.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2013, 03:20:36 pm »

Hmm... Jorbles and Kuildeous, can you help with the grail quest?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows Over Camelot I (Round V, Tables' turn)
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »

Alas, I cannot. If King Arthur is unable to retrieve the Grail, I will be forced to go elsewhere.

I thought about suggesting that Eevee lose a life for progression, but that would have put him at 1 Life, which is really dangerous. Tables and Jorbles could afford that price, especially if you are able to complete the quest while I'm still here.

Then I could draw more cards at Camelot or use my modestly impressive and widely varied hand to deal with the dragon, Picts, or Saxons.
A man has no signature

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »

My hand is dwindling, I can't keep going with the excalibur much longer. I have one other card I maybe should have played earlier already and can definitely play before moving, but in general we need to figure out some way for a poor knight with limited amount of life points and no cards can help our efforts.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »

I've peeked at the top card, and it's unpleasant. I don't think we can put it off forever, though, but I also don't think it's worth Merlining. Can anyone help much with the grail?
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »

I've peeked at the top card, and it's unpleasant. I don't think we can put it off forever, though, but I also don't think it's worth Merlining. Can anyone help much with the grail?
Should people who only have one grail trade them to the king rather than wasting a turn transporting to play them?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »

I can finish off the Picts then get some cards for all of us and take us all back to Camelot.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »

Oh the grail is one grail short? My previous guestion isn't very relevant then..

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »

Hmm... unfortunately, I fear that I need to take the top card, because we need to hit it sooner or later.

Morgan III (Special Card): "One Knight immediately loses 2 Life points -OR- each Knight discards 1 White card."

I think we can still Merlin it, but I don't think it's worth it. I can afford a discard, or I could take the life penalty - I'll be on the verge of death, but being close to finishing the grail does mitigate that a lot.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »

I can help with the Grail quest, but only a little.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2013, 11:20:14 pm »

I could discard a card.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2013, 11:35:07 pm »

I can't finish it, but I can get us to the doorstep.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2013, 12:00:37 am »

As I understand it, we are two away from completing the Grail quest. If Tables and Jorbles each play a Grail card, then we're golden, though that could be thwarted if Jorbles draws an anti-Grail card (which is why I bring up that you can lose a life as part of progression of evil; also, catapult, but we'll see plenty of those if the Grail quest is finished).

It's been a while, but I believe I came to the Grail quest in order to benefit from the quest's reward. I did not have much to contribute, and that contribution is now spent. If the quest isn't finished before my turn comes around, then I must abandon it, which is painful because I could have been adding more to the dragon quest.

I don't have time right now to go back and review our discussion, but are Tables and Jorbles able to contribute once more to the Grail quest?

Also, I can spare a white card. I'm concerned about Eevee, as he's been dumping his garbage and may only have good cards left.

A man has no signature

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:29 am »

I never had any good cards, I can discard something. But then I'm really starting to be cardless. Is it too later for me to move to grail? I could finish it.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2013, 08:05:02 am »

If Tables and Jorbles are able to finish it, then it would be too late for you, yes.

If they do not, then you could jump on the Grail bandwagon and partake in the rewards.
A man has no signature

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:54 am »

If Tables and Jorbles are able to finish it, then it would be too late for you, yes.

If they do not, then you could jump on the Grail bandwagon and partake in the rewards.
Isnt it beneficial to have as many of us there when it finishes as possible?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2013, 08:24:36 am »

I'm going to be moving away as my heroic action.

More to the point, what do we do about this black card?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

Isnt it beneficial to have as many of us there when it finishes as possible?

Absolutely, but with my current hand, I can't help out with the Grail, so I must leave that quest. We'd just be swapping one knight with another. And now that I see that Tables must leave, the Grail won't be finished soon. So, yeah, there is likely time enough for you to help out with the quest and reap its rewards. It may just be you and Jorbles (and even he can't stay long, I understand).

As for the current black card, I do not have a problem with discarding a white card to aid the cause.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2013, 08:34:45 am »

Can everyone confirm they have a White card they'd be willing to lose?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:05 am »

(And maybe CO it to Qvist just in case I do take the discard option)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.