Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 113499 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 1 Begins!)
« Reply #600 on: January 21, 2013, 01:25:38 pm »

The final wagon:

Robz888 (7): Eevee, Qvist, Yuma, Ashersky, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, Cuzz

So it's a little offputting that neither Eevee nor Qvist was shot at given that the 2 are tied together and semi-IC, but I'm still willing to give them a town pass for now I think.

Which means that Yuma, Ashersky, mcmcsalot, and Cuzz are the unknowns on the wagon.

Yuma - was lurky so I don't have too much here.
Ashersky - was pretty talkative had the awkward thing with Eevee and I sorta forgot he was actually on the Robz wagon.
Mcmcsalot - Stated that he thought joth had a scum slip which is obviously wrong, wanted to QH Robz near day end.
Cuzz - was also lurky so I don't have too much here, DID QH Robz but so did Jimmm

If you consider myself on the wagon then
Insomniac - WAS lurky but did eventually show up and start posting, thought Joth AND Robz were both scummy.

Not sure where I'm going with all this here, I'm gonna think on it a bit
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:16 pm »

The OFF wagon final

(6)Robz888, Shraeye, Archetype, Insomniac, Jotheonah, Dsell.

So off wagon we have 2 confirmed townies which means we have a pool of 4 people to look at.

Shraeye, Archetype, Insomniac, DSell.

Shraeye - was catching up at the end when Robz was lynched
Archetype - seems apathetic towards this game, has requested sub out.
Insomniac - See above for analysis of me.
Dsell - somewhat lurky kinda suspicious but was involved in the end of day activities.

Since I DON'T think all of the scum would have been on the Robz lynch AND For me there is only a pool of three unknowns (Shraeye, Archetype, Dsell) I'm most tempted to vote in this subset as it is where at least I have the best chance of catching scum
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 21, 2013, 02:33:30 pm »

Wow, I'm still alive and Eevee too. That surprises me.

But two deaths is really bad for us now. Before I write more I have to look up what a Tracker/Watcher does.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »

Honestly, this all makes no sense at all.
Mafia is obviously trying WIFOM by not killing neither me nor Eevee. Or maybe they just had strong reads on Jimmmmm being the Doctor. Anyone noticed him breadcrumbing?
jotheonah may be the target of a Vigilante. But I can't understand why a Vigilante would shoot in the first night. It would be hard to find Mafia, right?
I think there might be a Serial Killer amongst us...

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 21, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »

Honestly, this all makes no sense at all.
Mafia is obviously trying WIFOM by not killing neither me nor Eevee. Or maybe they just had strong reads on Jimmmmm being the Doctor. Anyone noticed him breadcrumbing?
jotheonah may be the target of a Vigilante. But I can't understand why a Vigilante would shoot in the first night. It would be hard to find Mafia, right?
I think there might be a Serial Killer amongst us...

It is more likely a SK than a Vig but depending on who drew it I could see certain people shooting night 1 as a vig.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 21, 2013, 03:52:47 pm »

wow I'm dumbfounded
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 21, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »

btw, I 'm really surprised that Robz was the cop.
I was not expecting this at all.

Regarding Vigilante/SK, maybe Vigilante thought giving a shot at someone who put Robz at L-1 might be a good idea...?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 21, 2013, 03:58:21 pm »

Nothing I had planned worked out. I can explain now some of my plan, I thought eevee had the package, I assumed it gave him a day shot cop, then if you get the package you "learn the contents" aka learn who was investigated. I trusted eevee to be town and I felt I wanted him to keep the package, so I pretended I would steal it and hoped I would be the target of mafia attempts to steal the package. Also why in the hell did robz claim that way?
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 21, 2013, 03:59:37 pm »

I think people need to claim anything they can about information they have on the package. Town is pretty down at this point and I think we need to be more open with information.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 21, 2013, 04:08:56 pm »

Okay, first of all, Robz's flip was a real surprise and a disappointing one at that. I'm sort of upset with him playing to his future games like that, can't explain his behavior any other way.

I have some results, regarding two people (I also had night actions). I'd like to start with Dsell, a full claim of your actions last night would be wonderful. Don't need to tell everything about your role, just who you targeted and with what. I'll tell who else after this.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 21, 2013, 04:13:32 pm »

I'm fully caught up by the way. Read when it was night. Shouldn't need to switch out.

That Robz lynch was soo bad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:54 pm »

I'm fully caught up by the way. Read when it was night. Shouldn't need to switch out.

Elaborate? I still think it was good, despite the horrible outcome which I blame on Robz.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »

Elaborate? I still think it was good, despite the horrible outcome which I blame on Robz.
I never really understood the case on him, and the way people voted for him was just messy. I started my reread with a slight annoyance of Jo (for his Qvist/Archetype connection thingy), but at the end, I had a huge townread on him. I think he was the Mafia kill, but I'm not certain.

What I'm really surprised is that neither you or Qvist got NK'd.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 21, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

I never really understood the case on him, and the way people voted for him was just messy. I started my reread with a slight annoyance of Jo (for his Qvist/Archetype connection thingy), but at the end, I had a huge townread on him. I think he was the Mafia kill, but I'm not certain.

Still catching up, definitely surprised with what happened at night.

Are we all just ignoring the fact that Eevee/Qvist being alive is easily explained by them being scum?  I mean, Occam's Razor, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 21, 2013, 05:06:46 pm »

I might have gotten really lucky with my night actions. I'd like for Dsell and the other guy to answer before you go ahead and prosecute me.

But I'd say Occam's Razor says "no, scum was afraid of doctor protection/saw better targets".

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 21, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »

But I'd say Occam's Razor says "no, scum was afraid of doctor protection/saw better targets".
Eh, I think it could go either way. I know which one I'm leaning towards, but I'm interested in what info you have for us.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

Still catching up, definitely surprised with what happened at night.

Are we all just ignoring the fact that Eevee/Qvist being alive is easily explained by them being scum?  I mean, Occam's Razor, right?

At the current time I think I know why Robz thought Eevee was scum and I also still have reasons to believe Eevee is telling the truth.

@Ash Occam's Razor IMO says no because there is wifom eevee claimed 1 shot (ie no cop left)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:55 pm »

well... I can say for myself that I am disappointed that my vote was on Robz at the end there... as I think I said at the time was that "robz was as good of a lynch as anybody" and at the time he was. But I dont' think he was toward the end. His claim was certainly strange, but sort of offset by his suspicion of eevee... would this game have both a cop and a 1-shot cop?

I am wary of Eevee certainly, but can easily see scum being too afraid of killing him due to doctor protection... but I don't really get the other night kills...

PPE: insom kinda saying similar stuff

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 21, 2013, 05:32:35 pm »

btw, I 'm really surprised that Robz was the cop.
I was not expecting this at all.

Regarding Vigilante/SK, maybe Vigilante thought giving a shot at someone who put Robz at L-1 might be a good idea...?
I'm leaning SK as the one who made the kill.  Often SK's will try hard to hit mafia, so the same reasoning works for SK or Vig.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 21, 2013, 05:38:31 pm »

Okay, first of all, Robz's flip was a real surprise and a disappointing one at that. I'm sort of upset with him playing to his future games like that, can't explain his behavior any other way.

I have some results, regarding two people (I also had night actions). I'd like to start with Dsell, a full claim of your actions last night would be wonderful. Don't need to tell everything about your role, just who you targeted and with what. I'll tell who else after this.
Now that a regular cop has flipped AND you're claiming night actions as well, I'm growing suspicious of your "daycop" claim.  I don't like that you're demanding full claim of actions as if you were an IC.  If actions need to be verified against info you actually have, why not start with "who did you target", instead of "full claim what you did please".

Both would be very bold scum moves, but maybe you just decided to play boldly this game and test it out.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 21, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

I obviously have reasons for this, I do not KNOW if I've caught scum and it would be very easy for them to explain it away if I just full claimed what I got.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2013, 05:48:15 pm »

I obviously have reasons for this, I do not KNOW if I've caught scum and it would be very easy for them to explain it away if I just full claimed what I got.
I'm not disputing that you have reasons.  I'm just asking, "did the somehow-surviving daycop who also has night powers just ask for a fullclaim from someone at the start of day2?"

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

I'm super confused that no one has commented on my on wagon off wagon analysis, I thought it was particularily good.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:38 pm »

I'm not disputing that you have reasons.  I'm just asking, "did the somehow-surviving daycop who also has night powers just ask for a fullclaim from someone at the start of day2?"
I don't need a full claim, I need full claim of last night.

But fine, I can see what you mean. Lets wait for Dsell to get here, maybe his role is such that claiming for one night is not a problem for him. If it is, I'll think of something else.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »

I'm super confused that no one has commented on my on wagon off wagon analysis, I thought it was particularily good.

I think this only shows that nobody disagrees.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.