Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Small World (Game over, Davio wins)  (Read 21494 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
Small World (Game over, Davio wins)
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »

Rules Summary

Each player starts with 5 Victory points. The game lasts 8 turns.
In each turn you:

1a.) Pick a Race and Special Power Combo
Select 1 race and special power combo from among the 6 visible. The first combo at the top of the column is free. Each of the others, as you move down the column, costs 1 additional Victory coin. Pay the cost by putting 1 of your coins on each of the combos situated above the combo you wish to pick. If the combo you select contains some coins, take them.
Pick a number of matching race tokens equal to the sum of the values on the race banner and its special power. A new combo then is added.

or 1b.) Ready Your Troops
Leaving in place 1 race token in each region they occupy, you may take all your other active race tokens from the map back in hand and use them to conquer new regions. Only those race tokens taken back in hand may be used to conquer new regions. If you wish to free up more race tokens, you may opt to entirely empty some, or all, regions, leaving no tokens there. These now abandoned regions will no longer be considered yours, nor bring you any coins. You may abandon all your occupied regions.

or 1c.) Put a Race In Decline
You may choose to put your race in decline by selecting a new race and special power combo from those available on the table at the start of your next turn. Flip your race banner to the in decline side and discard the special power associated with it (it is no longer in effect, unless noted otherwise). Then flip a single race token onto its in decline side in each region they occupy, and remove all other tokens of the race from the map and back into the tray. Each player can only have a single race in decline on the map at a time. Tokens from an earlier declined race are all immediately removed from the map and back into the tray, before flipping the new tokens into decline. The race banner of the vanished race is placed at the bottom of the stack of banners (or in the lowest empty slot in the banner column). The same is done when the last token of a declined race is taken off the map as the result of their last region being conquered. You can attempt no conquests during the turn your race goes into decline; your turn ends immediately after scoring.

2.) Conquer Regions
A race deploying on the map for the first time must enter by conquering a border region (adjacent to the board edge, or whose shore is on a sea adjacent to the board edge). To conquer a region, you must have 2 race tokens available to deploy; +1 per additional race token for each Encampment, Fortress, Mountain, or Troll’s Lair; + 1 per additional race token for each Lost Tribe or other player’s race token already present in the region. Regardless of a race and/or special power benefit, a player must always have at least 1 race token available to initiate a new conquest. Seas and lakes cannot usually be conquered. If another player’s race tokens occupied the region prior to its conquest, that player must immediately take all of them back in hand, permanently discard 1 race token back into the tray and keep the other tokens in hand, and redeploy them in any other region(s) still occupied by his race (if any) as
the final action of the current player’s turn. If all of a player’s regions were attacked this turn, leaving him with some race tokens in hand but none on the board, he may redeploy these as if he was doing a First Conquest, on his next turn. You may repeat this process to conquer as many new regions as you wish during your turn, provided you have enough race tokens left. Each of the newly conquered regions must be sharing a border with a region already occupied by your active race tokens, unless permitted otherwise by your combo. During the final conquest attempt of your turn, if you still have at least 1 unused race token, you may attempt 1 final conquest by selecting a region that you would normally be 3 or less race tokens short to conquer. Once the region is selected, roll the Reinforcement Die once. If the sum of the die rolled and the number of race token(s) you have left is high enough to conquer the region, deploy your remaining race token(s) there. Otherwise, deploy your remaining token(s) in one of the regions you have already occupied. Your conquests for the turn then immediately end.

3.) Redeployment
You may now freely redeploy the race tokens you have on the board, moving them from one region to any other region occupied by your race, provided that at least one race token remains in each region you control.

4.) Score
Take 1 coin from the coin pool for each region your race tokens occupy. You may also collect additional coins as a result of your race and/or special power benefit. Regions that your in decline tokens occupy also each contribute 1 coin; though the race and special power benefits no longer contribute coins, unless noted.

Forum Rules
All points are visible to everyone as you can easily track it anyway.
Please post your move in bold. If you conquer regions, name the numbers of the regions in that order you want to conquer them. I will then roll the die on the last region you want to conquer.

Sign-ups (5/5)
Jimmmmm
Archetype
Tables
TheMunch
Davio
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:07:19 pm by Qvist »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Small World (Sign-ups, 1/5)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »

Available Races:
10 Underworld Humans: Costs $0
Underworld Conquer any cavern region with 1 less token than usual. A min of 1 token is still required. All regions with a cavern are considered adjacent.
Humans Collect 1 bonus coin for each farmland region you occupy at turn's end.

11 Bivouacking Halflings: Costs $1
Bivouacking Deploy 5 encampments in your region(s). Each encampment increases that region's defence by 1.
Halflings Your first conquest may be anywhere. Also play a hole-in-the-ground in the first 2 regions you conquer to make them immune to opponents' conquests and racial and special powers.

9 Berserk Ghouls: Costs $2
Berserk You may use the reinforcement die before each conquest.
Ghouls Your Ghouls all stay on the map when going into decline and are played as an active race.

9 Commando Sorcerers: Costs $3
Commando Conquer any adjacent region using 1 less token than usual. A minimum of 1 token is still required.
Sorcerers Once per opponent per turn, substitute a single opponent token with a new Sorcerer token from the tray, to conquer an adjacent region.

11 Heroic Tritons: Costs $4
Heroic Place your 2 heroes in regions you occupy, to make these immune to opponents' conquests and racial and special powers.
Tritons Conquer all coastal regions bordering a sea or lake at 1 less triton token than usual. A min of 1 triton token is stil required.

9 Alchemist Wizards Costs $5
Alchemist Collect 2 bonus coins every turn your tokens are on the map.
Wizards Collect 1 bonus coin for each magic source you occupy at turn's end.

Tables: No Race / 5 Coins
TheMunch: No Race / 5 Coins
Davio: No Race / 5 Coins
Jimmmmm: No Race / 5 Coins
Archetype: No Race / 5 Coins
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:45:23 am by Qvist »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »

/in dibs Flying Sorcerers.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Small World (Sign-ups, 2/5)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:44:23 pm »

/in

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Small World (Sign-ups, 3/5)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:57 am »

You know what, it's an easy enough game to play. I'll /in.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:04 am »

in!

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:52:57 am »

This means, we already have 5. Davio requested it. It's only fair to wait if he would like to play. If he likes to play, he get my spot. But I close sign-up for sure now.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Small World (Sign-ups semi-closed)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:24:39 am »

I'd like to play.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:26:36 am »

I think seeing as it was Davio's idea and Qvist is running it, someone random from everyone else or everyone else plus Qvist should be picked to sit out.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:19 am »

I'll out. I was last.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:55 am »

Uhm, I thought Qvist would be okay with running it without being a player?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:58 am »

He is, but I think he'd also like to play. If he's quite happy to just mod, then good on him, but I thought he should have a chance to play if he wants to, especially given how much modding he's been doing.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Small World (Round I, Tables' turn)
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 03:46:22 am »

Haven't expected so many players that like to play. No problem, I play next time.

Tables, please choose your race.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 04:32:00 am »

Qvist, would you consider letting us do our own die rolls? I think it would speed the game up considerably, especially if someone takes Beserk. I don't think anyone here would cheat.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:03:19 am »

Take Underworld Humans
2 in region 35
2 in region 13
2 in region 6
2 in region 11
2 in region 15

No reinforcement die roll, I get 9 coins
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 11:03:36 am »

Oh and no redeployment.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 03:21:56 pm »

Qvist, would you consider letting us do our own die rolls? I think it would speed the game up considerably, especially if someone takes Beserk. I don't think anyone here would cheat.
This is a good idea, I think. I wouldn't mind anyway.

Oh and I apologize in advance for treading on anyone's territory, I promise it's not personal, just about the coins. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:24:02 pm by Davio »

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 05:28:58 pm »

Yes, I agree that noone would cheat. And with Berserk it would really make a difference, I agree. But otherwise it's the end of your move anyway, so I don't think it slows you down that much. But if you want to roll for yourself, go ahead.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »

Well if your die roll fails you have to choose were how to distribute your guys who would have otherwise taken the last area, but I guess you can do that anyway. I think how it would help the most is that we can have more consecutive turns when you're not here, if we choose to.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »

Wait, TheMunch is next.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

Well if your die roll fails you have to choose were how to distribute your guys who would have otherwise taken the last area, but I guess you can do that anyway. I think how it would help the most is that we can have more consecutive turns when you're not here, if we choose to.
Yeah, I thought Qvist wasn't on, so I went ahead and rolled for myself. I went to post it, but then I saw he had commented. But the rest of my actions were based off the roll, so I didn't want to go back and change it all and then have Qvist roll for me. But then I read and he said that it's fine. So no harm done. :P

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »

Wait, TheMunch is next.

I'll go third!

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 05:38:05 pm »

Yeah, like I said you can do if you want. But there should be no problem to make a condidional order.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

Wait, TheMunch is next.
Oh wow. :P

I saw my name second, so I thought I was second. But I guess the name before me is Jimmm, not Tables.  :-[

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »

Sorry, that was sign-up order. Player order is on the status post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.