Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180162 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 5)
« Reply #1975 on: May 08, 2014, 11:15:03 pm »

I am kinda dying to know if I am right or not...

You're not.

Does Arch have any chance of changing your mind, or should I just self-hammer and put you out of your misery?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 08, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

You're not.

Does Arch have any chance of changing your mind, or should I just self-hammer and put you out of your misery?

Arch has a chance to change my mind... and to an extent you do as well... I haven't really seen you put forth a solid effort into trying to present a defense or a case either way... but threatening to self hammer isn't going to help your case regardless

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 08, 2014, 11:37:06 pm »

Still nothing....

request prod on Arch

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 08, 2014, 11:45:49 pm »

You're not.

Arch has a chance to change my mind... and to an extent you do as well... I haven't really seen you put forth a solid effort into trying to present a defense or a case either way... but threatening to self hammer isn't going to help your case regardless

I didn't think it would help, I just don't see the point of continuing if you've made your mind up already. I've been feeling pretty useless lately to be perfectly honest; I either need to take a decent break from Mafia or I need to completely restrict myself to one game at once and make sure I commit to giving it the attention it deserves. The result of that is that I really have no idea how to defend myself. As I said, I can see how from a neutral point of view it looks like I'm the most likely to be scum, only I'm not and I don't know what I can say to convince you of that.

I'm working today and tomorrow, so if you give me a few days I'll give it as good a go as I can.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 09, 2014, 12:22:43 am »

Still nothing....

request prod on Arch
Prod sent

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself."
-Perrin Aybara
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:55 am »

Hey, sorry I haven't been posting. Been really busy yesterday, today and to an extent tommorow. However, I'm going to reread Jimmmmm and then give my final opinion.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 09, 2014, 01:38:54 am »

So Arch is officially confirmed Town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 09, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

Hey, sorry I haven't been posting. Been really busy yesterday, today and to an extent tommorow. However, I'm going to reread Jimmmmm and then give my final opinion.

That is fair, just remember that we have a short deadline (Monday night I think?) so we need to make sure we get a decision made before then...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 09, 2014, 05:48:02 pm »

That is fair, just remember that we have a short deadline (Monday night I think?) so we need to make sure we get a decision made before then...
Yes. I have an hour to spare, so I'm rereading now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: May 09, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »

Alright... I am going to unvote for now.

So that if you need to you can vote if you feel that you won't have time to get online but if you still want me to read over what you have written...

Like I said I am open to suggestions, but am obviously leaning way toward voting Jimmmm.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: May 09, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

Day 1: Has a townread on ash and says he has some good points on Andrew. Also says he's getting a scummy vibe from me.

Says this:
Would you rather I not assume you are town?

Ooh, I don't like this from ash. He said it a lot to me in Chocolate Factory.

Restates previous reads, but says yuma is most certainly Town.

Having said that, Town read on ash. I think his point on Andrew has merit. It's a long way from a slam-dunk case, but the way he said it does come across as knowledge rather than assumption.

I'm getting a scummy vibe from Arch.
Could you elaborate on Archetype?  Things seem pretty null in my eyes right now.

I can't actually - I just re-read him and can't remember what it was that gave me that vibe.

Wants to lynch Andrew, but is willing to vote for sudgy.

I was gonna say he can vig Sudgy instead, but that's stupid when we can just lynch Sudgyand he can save his shot

Well yeah. On the other hand his claim will be proven.

In addition to ash, wants to know what a Split Jailkeeper is.

Yeah that seems like a fairly believeable claim.

Have you thought about which option you're going to choose Tonight Andrew?

Hammers sudgy at deadline.

Day 2:
I post my mini-case on ash, and Jimmmmm still thinks he's Town. Lurks more and later in the day says that yuma and ash are still Townreads. Votes xeiron after xeiron voted yuma. Starts to get questoned by WW:
First, Jimm is super active right before the lynch, and puts (or is just put in) a position where he essentially decides who the lynch candidate is.  This is somewhat convenient, as if one of the lynch candidates were scum, he could decide the other one.

This is false. My preferred lynch between the two was Andrew, but I couldn't get that lynch through so I settled for the sudgy lynch ahead of no-lynch. I mean, you could say scum me would have let the no-lynch happen instead if the person in question was also scum, but I don't think that's particularly compelling.

Which part is false? You're saying that Andrew lynch could not have happened?  When I was reading it looked like there was a point where both were viable.  I thought someone even said that it's going to come down to whichever one Jimmm chooses.

It's false that I got to choose which lynch went through. Regardless of what you think someone said, I chose the Andrew lynch and the sudgy lynch went though.

I'm not convinced of this.  When you came back, Andrew had 4 votes with you and Ash not voting, and TA was on Sudgy but willing to lynch anyone to avoid a no lynch.  So that would lynch Andrew.  What changed it was Andrew claiming, not the Sudgy lynch being more viable.  Prior to the claiming, you were in a position to determine the lynch.  Or at least push the lynchee to the point of needing to claim.

Can't pull up quotes right now, but I think I have the events correctly.  Will try to concretize.

He starts to get really confused regarding flavor and asks a bunch of questions about whether or not certain things in green flavor (specifically, TA's Thief result) are just flavor. Gets voted by ashersky for him feeling off about his reaction to TA's result. Subsequently gets voted by Xerxes for having "scummy reactions". Supports a massclaim.

I'm confused about the Jim lynch. Is there a solid reason anyone has for shooting him or has this game just stagnated to the point where people are fine lynching whoever?

The latter I think. Town-aligned players are ready to punish me for poor play without too much thought about whether or how that makes me scum, and any scum who are on the wagon are obviously happy for a caseless lynch to go through.

That's what scum!jimmmmm says.  Town!jimmmmm is understanding and apologetic to this wagon.

I understand wanting to punish poor play, and I unreservedly apologise to my teammates for said play. Having said that I think if I am lynched it will be a lynch of convenience - I am yet to see any solid work go into deducing my alignment, and I've seen a lot people say they are happy to lynch me without giving any reasons.
2 good quotes.

Gah, we're running low on time.  I think a rushed-for-time lynch is a bad sitaution.  There are so many quiet people.  Does anyone have a post count?

Can people start posting more?  Theories, thoughts, ideas, any explanation for why you find certain people scummy or towny.

I find myself Towny. I find yuma Towny. I find ash Towny. I even find xeiron, the person I'm currently voting for Towny. I have literally no idea who is likely to be scum.

Okay I agree with Yuma and obviously you'll say that about yourself.  Why Ash and Xeiron?

ash from ages ago, I can't even remember why. Just the way he was approaching the game. xeiron because after I voted for him I had the exact same thought that yuma had - scum would be unlikely to vote yuma out of the blue.
Stating reads.

Follows Andrew to vote for WW.

Day 3:
Can someone remind me what a Redirector does? How is it normally used?
Redirector can target one player and move all actions that affect them to someone else. As a scum power, it's wicked powerful.

Poweful how? If you were a Redirector, what would you likely use it for?
Target the IC, redirect all actions that affect them to someone else to make sure your kill works. Target a player who is likely to be investigated by a Cop, redirect them to your partner. Target your partner who is likely to be investigated by a Cop, redirect them to the IC.
Reaction to WW's death.

Claims Tracker nonchalantly and asks for a clarification on my role. Confusion about how he targeted WW, the Redirector, and only got one target back. Ash clarifies how a Redirector may work.

Weird thing from Jimmmmm:
It means that if he ends up surviving, he's much more likely to be scum lying about his role. It helps because pre-committing is a good way of getting out of stupid situations like those that might come up if he survives and convinces everyone that because he got his knife back, he survived and wasn't lying, which I think is very implausible.

So you're telling scum, "If you leave him alive we'll lynch him"?

Day 4
Says he Tracked me for no result and says Andrew is likely scum. Really thinks that there could be 2 scum...which I disagreed with him about. Totally dismisses ash and seems very confused about the N2 actions.

Day 5
Tracks Andrew to me. Really pushes that yuma/I share why we think each other are Town. Think that Andrew could have been bussed by ash and that he's reaping the rewards of it right now. Vehemently says he doesn't want to flavor claim. Says he may put up a defense and that I'm conf!town.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:20 pm »

Wow, ok. So my  takeaway is that Jimmmmm is very, very likely Town. He just seems so...apathetic? Not lurking like scum would, but legitimately uninvolved. Some of the quotes I pulled up, and others, make 0 sense as Scum because they are either too scummy or just don't make any sense at all why he'd say them. Also, the way he hooked himself to ash doesn't make me think that he was just agreeing with him throughout the game since he had that townread on him since the beginning is too far behind to look things over. Plus, at the end of Day 4 when ash was being lynched Jimmmmm didn't say anything at all. He didn't even try to save ash, which I think he'd at least try if that were his partner.

At the beginning of Day 3, the first question about the redirector could come from scum acting as if they have no idea what it is. However, that second one seems legitamite to me. On Day 2, the way Witherweaver interrogated him, reads as scum trying to force a mislynch, not playful scum/scum interaction. Jimmmmm, but I can totally see you being this uninterested as Town. Some of the things you said make no sense if you were scum and you're play has been very sloppy. Scum!Jimmmm isn't this sloppy.

Vote: Andrew I know I'm Town. I know yuma is Town. That leaves either Andrew/Jimmmmm as scum. Problem is, I don't think either of them are slam-dunk scum. My gut tells me that Jimmmmm is Town and that leaves me with Andrew.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

That was really rushed, but I have to go. I'll try to check in before deadline to read your thoughts, yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

my problem is that i have had a town read on andrew all game... can i just abandon that?

in a normal game probably not, but in a rmm game i think so... yeah i can... vote: andrew

he could be scum, isn;t my first choice but my reads are based off mostly day1 stuff and night2 action stuff.

I feel good enough about this. hopefully we win...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:33 pm »

and no i am not scum hammering for the win...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: May 09, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

THREAD LOCKED
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 09, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »

mail-mi is on-line!!!

give the people what they want...!

in the end andrew if you are town.... sorry. i reaaly did put more thought into this that it looks and was actually a lot closer than i made it out to be....

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Night 4)
« Reply #1992 on: May 09, 2014, 07:20:25 pm »

"In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes." - Thomdril Merrilin

Vote Count 5.FINAL

Jimmmmm (1): AndrewisFTTW
AndrewisFTTW (3): Jimmmmm, Archetype, yuma

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive it took 3 to lynch

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: May 09, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

AndrewisFTTW and yuma rounded on Jimmmmm. "Archetype!" yuma cried. "He's one of the Forsaken! We gotta lynch him!"

Archetype arose from a long, long nap and came out of his tent. "Actually," he said, yawning. "After reviewing the past few days in my sleep, I think it's Andrewis."

yuma shrugged. "Alright. Whatever you say, lover.

AndrewisFTTW has been lynched!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: May 09, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: May 09, 2014, 07:26:37 pm »

sorry... maybe game isn't over...? delete these if necessary...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: May 09, 2014, 07:31:15 pm »

"Oh too much work..." Jorbles said, rushing out of his tent with papers in one arm, and the Oath Rod in the other. "Too big! I'll have to split this last part into three! It's just too big for one!"

He stopped when he saw the almost-dead body of Andrewis. "You need to wait for me!" he said, rushing over to the body. "Here, lad, take this."

"Actually...." he said.... "It's lady." He grabbed the Oath Rod. "I vow to speak no word that is untrue.... I am Nynaeve al'Meara. And I am not a darkfriend." And with that, he gave his last breath and died.

An evil laugh was heard from somewhere in the group...

He was Nynaeve al'Meara, the Wisdom, a Split Jailkeeper.

(ps thread still locked.)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: May 09, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »

Yuma, Jimmmm, and Jorbles turned around toward the source of the laughter. Archetype was standing behind the group with an evil look on his face.

Except, he wasn't Archetype anymore.

Lanfear looked sadly down at Aviendha, Faile, and Brandon Sanderson. "I guess this means I've won this war, then?" She channeled the True Power, its fury directed at the three remaining Light-aligned players.

The Forsaken team of Archetype, ashersky, and Witherweaver wins!!!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: May 09, 2014, 07:38:27 pm »

Yay!! Sorry Yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: May 09, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »

ugh... I knew it.... I knew it!!! I KNEW IT!!!! but I really didn't.....
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 14 queries.