Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 178411 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 5)
« Reply #2025 on: May 09, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »

If no kill goes down during night after Jimm were killed, it would look really weird.  Hard to believe it could happen with scum Andrew

After Jimm lynch I mean.  So next day only reasonable explanation is arch is scum

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 09, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »

If no kill goes down during night after Jimm were killed, it would look really weird.  Hard to believe it could happen with scum Andrew

Right.  That's why I was so proud to see Archetype not hammer Jimmmmm, and instead move it to Andrew.

WW played well, just got unluckily vigged.  I was happy with my game as well.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 09, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »

After Jimm lynch I mean.  So next day only reasonable explanation is arch is scum

If that had happened, and I was Arch, I'd have gone back to the yuma is scum argument, maybe, that TA was putting forward as SK trying to explain the two shot thing.  But yeah, we were probably screwed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 09, 2014, 07:53:56 pm »

Also, Andrew, no hard feelings I hope.  I was scum, it's a game.  Well played, man.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:37 pm »

Night Actions!

NIGHT 1

Jimmmmm tracks shraeye--receives "No Result"
Andrewis roleblocks TA--redirected to XP, both doc and roleblock, success.
Yuma vigs no one--success
XP messages shraeye--roleblocked by Andrewis
Faust Voyuers Andrewis--receives "Voyeur, Redirection"
ADK cops shraeye--gets "Non-Forsaken" result

WW kills shraeye--success
WW redirects Andrewis to XerxesPraelor--success
Archetype loverizes yuma--success
ashersky rolecops TA--receives "1-shot Forsaken Immune Thief"

TA kills Faust--success
TA steals from Yuma--receives Maiden's Spears

NIGHT 2

Yuma vigs WW--success
Andrewis doctors yuma--redirected to Ash, both doc and roleblock, success
XerxesPraelor messages Xeiron--success
Jimmmmm tracks WW--receives "AndrewisFTTW" (there was some controversy on this, I'll explain later)

Wither redirects Andrew to ash--success
Ash cops jimmmmm--roleblocked by AndrewisFTTW
Arch Strongman kills TA--Goes through the first shot of Forsaken Immunity, then is blocked by the second shot.

TA kils WW--success
TA thieves Xeiron--receives dagger (!!)

NIGHT 3
Xeiron dies. Nothing can change this.
XerxesPraelor messages yuma--success
Jimmmmm tracks Archetype--receives "No Result" because of ninja.
Andrewis docs Jimmmmm--success

Arch ninja kills XerxesPraelor--success
ash rolecops arch--receives "1-shot Nymphomaniac Godfather"

NIGHT 4
AndrewisFTTW docs Archetype--becomes both doc and roleblock because of Jimmmmm's tracking, success
Jimmmmm tracks Andrewis--receives "Archetype"

Archetype kills Jimmmmm--roleblocked by Andrewis

XerxesPraelor's messages:

to xeiron:

You have received a message from XerxesPraelor!

I am a mailman. If I am a confirmed town to you, please use an even number of letters in your first post.

to yuma:

You were peacefully asleep, dreaming of the Three-Fold Land, when some one stepped into your dream and said this to you:

Since your character might count as my friend, I'm sending this to you. I think Andrew might get killed because he can't protect himself and Ash looks scummy to me, and they're the other two possibilities.

You immediately woke up. You knew who that was! That was Egwene, or, as his pseudonym at this meeting was, XerxesPraelor!

XerxesPraelor is now confirmed town to you!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 09, 2014, 08:00:19 pm »

Archetype as MVP for convincing yuma that he was town and getting that last mislynch through on Andrewis.

He sent me this sometime during day 4:

I'm really loving this "Archetype is an IC" thing.

About Jimmmm's result: Some people would say that WW targeted both Andrewis and Ashersky, but I think of redirector more of like "grab one guy's shoulders and turn him towards the other guy," meaning that Witherweaver only targeted Andrewis, and Andrewis was the one that targeted Ashersky.

Oh and QTs:
Mod: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/dkuL2H3m6ReWM
Speccy: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/Arb6Ly3Rstqj5
Forsaken: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/AD2btNQEjPiNH
Serial Killer: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/EvVN39BsNFwn

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:27 pm »

Why did the strongman shot work that way? I think I should have died.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 09, 2014, 08:02:13 pm »

Why did the strongman shot work that way? I think I should have died.
I told them it would go through one layer of protection (1 shot of forsaken immunity) and not through any more (a second shot of forsaken immunity)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 09, 2014, 08:03:59 pm »

About Jimmmm's result: Some people would say that WW targeted both Andrewis and Ashersky, but I think of redirector more of like "grab one guy's shoulders and turn him towards the other guy," meaning that Witherweaver only targeted Andrewis, and Andrewis was the one that targeted Ashersky.

I completely agree with this ruling.  I think redirector and bus driver work differently, so I'd have done it your way here.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 09, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »

I didn't think Andrew being scum made sense! yuma!  >:(  ;)

gg everyone.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 09, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

I agree with the ruling on redirector and role cop, but not on strongman. But hey, I lived another day because of it!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 09, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »

I agree with the ruling on redirector and role cop, but not on strongman. But hey, I lived another day because of it!

Strongman PMs usually clarify whether it goes through one layer or all layers of protection.

Like, you'll often see "You are the Mafia Strongman.  Your kills cannot be stopped by any means."  And then you die no matter what.  This one said "1-Shot Strongman power" and we asked for clarification in QT and the mods decided "Your kill goes through one layer of Forsaken immunity" so that was that.

It's valid either way.  Would have preferred you died, I guess.  But there was no resolution error.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 09, 2014, 08:12:28 pm »

Right.  That's why I was so proud to see Archetype not hammer Jimmmmm, and instead move it to Andrew.

WW played well, just got unluckily vigged.  I was happy with my game as well.

I was pegged by both Yuma and TA.  Looking back I see why.  Day 1 I was obvious, and Day 2 was better I think, until everything slowed down.  Then I was like, "well, no action is bad for town.  I should start posting a bunch because town should be doing."  But then I came up with nothing good and flailed a bit.

So I don't think I played well, but at least we got a win :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 09, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »

ah good point... I guess I should have anticipated that, but alas.

Poorly played by me

You played well all game, except for your one big misread.  That isn't a fault as far as these games go -- you killed a mafia player, you survived and led town, it was good.

I was so incredibly pissed at you for hammering me after I went to sleep.  You'll see in the speccy.

That was very, very intentional. I didn't want you to spill the beans (since I thought you were likely a rolecop) about Arch and me to your scum buddies during twilight. So I worked pretty hard to make sure that you were lynched 1. when you were asleep and 2. when mail-mi was online...

Sorry. It wasn't something I would normally do, but given the circumstance I felt I needed to do it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 09, 2014, 08:24:41 pm »

I was such a terrible cop, sorry about that town, and congrats to scum.

So what was the whole thing with Lewis Therin, mail-mi? Just to mess with me? I was so certain that another player was somehow involved but evidently not.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: May 09, 2014, 08:28:14 pm »

Well two takeaways I am happy about...

being right about andrew at the beginning (also blackmail is a good and useful tool for town!)

and being right about how mafia used Andrew's role. Well done there guys, I think it was the right move...

I don't think I would have ever considered fully Arch being scum. I mean I thought about it, but it just wasn't in the running at all. I blew town's chances with that thought, but given how he played it wasn't enough for me to suspect him at all....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: May 09, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »

Also I really liked my role. It was fun to claim so early and to basically threaten to vig everyone all the time... That was really enjoyable for me.

Should have just vigged ash 100 posts in like I kinda wanted to...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: May 09, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »

I was such a terrible cop, sorry about that town, and congrats to scum.

So what was the whole thing with Lewis Therin, mail-mi? Just to mess with me? I was so certain that another player was somehow involved but evidently not.
well you see in the books rand has this madman in his head that talks to him in his head. i thought I'd include it here, and since it would have no bearing on the game other than prodding you jorbles thought it was okay too.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!
« Reply #2043 on: May 09, 2014, 08:36:04 pm »

Like would have anyone tried to lynch Arch knowing that you were a lover with him?

Especially the way he claimed Seraph Knight?

Or was I just off thinking this way? If I lynch him and he is town then I die and it is two townies down... I just don't see how anyone could think this was  good idea unless they were 100% convinced that arch was scum, which wasn't possible since he was a godfather.

I think this setup made it very difficult for town to win because as long as I was alive I wasn't going to lynch arch up through lylo... unless someone took a completely different train of thought than what is expected?

Would anyone in my situation have recommended lynching Arch?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »

Yeah I've read the books. It was a nice touch, I just spent a lot of time obsessing over what it meant as far as my role was concerned, I had all these elaborate theories that there was a SK that was a lover with me or something or that a scum player had access to my results.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: May 09, 2014, 08:38:15 pm »

I think this setup made it very difficult for town to win because as long as I was alive I wasn't going to lynch arch up through lylo... unless someone took a completely different train of thought than what is expected?
It wasn't the setup that made it difficult for town to win--it was the fact that he loverized you, mr. I'm a confirmed town vig!. I think if he would have loverized nearly anyone else, things would have gone down a lot differently.

Lews Therin Telamon

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: May 09, 2014, 08:40:33 pm »

Who are you people? We can't trust anyone! No, don't share our thoughts together, stupid stupid stupid!

Is the game going to start yet? We must be rid of those forsaken! They'll infiltrate us, they'll kill us, they'll...

Ilyena...!

Hey buddy, how's it going.
Who are you? Why are you inside of my head?!

We can't trust any of them...why can't I move my hands! I have to kill them all! Oh Ilyena...

We can't trust any of them! Why are we at this meeting?! There are Forsaken here, maybe worse! WE NEED TO LEAVE!

We need to do something... The Forsaken are here, they'll find us, they'll kill us!

WHY CAN'T I MOVE MY HANDS? We need to do something.... Oh Ilyena...

and finally

We only have 4 hours! We need to submit something!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: May 09, 2014, 08:42:48 pm »

so um i know it's kinda bad to laugh at your own jokes but...

I thought the meta jokes of me dying halfway through, then jorbles taking over; then the splitting of the last post into three were really funny.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: May 09, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »

Welp. That was an aggravating game. Well done Arch. I really didn't think Arch should've been taken off the lynch table but yuma trusted me do I thought I should trust him. Off to read the QTs now.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: May 09, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »

Oh man! This was a nail biter! Well played scum. I really thought that Arch would have a harder time convincing yuma to switch from Jimmmm, not because Arch seemed scummy at all (I thought his claim was beautiful, and fully believable), but because Jimmmm's claim was circumstantially really bad. Jimmmm's night actions always seemed to be on the perfect thing for someone to say that looks like a scum claim.

I have to head out now, but I have more to say! This was fun!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84  All

Page created in 1.928 seconds with 19 queries.