Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 181423 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1275 on: April 13, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »

OK...

I think I am leaning towards using mass claim as a secondary measure. The reason I want to do it is because I feel like we have very little to go off in terms of reads on people. My reads are pretty much blah and I feel like a mass claim might narrow down the field and give us more to go off but it is weighed by the risks of scum having info.

So basically I would like some better reads to be established (I know people are busy! I am too!) and if that doesn't happen maybe we can look at mass claim closer to deadline... which is:

Day 2 ends on April 15 at 11:30 PM FT.

ridiculously soon...

So maybe we don't have time to do try and get reads and then mass claim after. If we are going to do it, we need to do it soon.

I'll think a bit more

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:31 am »

Holy crap today is the 14th!? I've been out of town the past week and a half or so, phone posting when I could which wasn't very often because my phone just isn't holding a charge and I was in a car or sleeping (mostly in a car) for most of that time. Anyway, I think a massclaim is a bad idea. What could it possibly accomplish at this moment? Scum has fakeclaims so I don't see how we're going to catch anyone in a lie and I doubt there'll be counterclaims as mail-mi has probably made each one different. Again this is my first RMM game so you guys might know more about that than me. On the other hand maybe we could do a mass flavor claim and possibly get info from that? But I still don't see that doing much.

Who are we lynching tonight? I could do ash or Jimm, possibly TA or somebody else if a good case is provided but we need to organize this soon. I think this is correct:

ashersky (2): Archetype, AndrewisFTTW
Jimmmmmm (2): Twistedarcher, XerxesPraelor
XerxesPraelor (1): ashersky
xeiron (2): Jimmmmmm
AndrewisFTTW (1): A Drowned Kernel
yuma (1): xeiron

Not Voting (1): Witherweaver, yuma

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 14, 2014, 12:42:48 am »

I'm fine with either ashersky or Jimmmmm. Ash is much more my preference, but I'll vote for Jimmmmm to get a lynch through.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 14, 2014, 12:44:03 am »

By the way I'm home for the next two days and I leave again for another week and a half or so, so don't expect me to be super active.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 14, 2014, 05:42:14 am »

I prefer to dayvig/lynch Jimm, A Drowned Kernel or Archetype. I can also accept Ashersky or Xerxes.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 14, 2014, 06:59:21 am »

I'd be willing to lynch ash, jimm (wow, this looks similar to everyone else), ADK, TA, in that order.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 14, 2014, 07:13:00 am »

I'd be willing to lynch ash, jimm (wow, this looks similar to everyone else), ADK, TA, in that order.

Why?

I may have missed something, but I don't think I've seen anyone give a good reason to lynch either ash or me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:39 am »

Alright. No mass claim. But we need to get going on a lynch.

I see lots of people saying they are willing to lynch someone, but very few saying why. Right now I am far more concerned about the why then the whom.

Linking to old posts is acceptable as I may have missed previous posts. I am working today and tomorrow, but will be home during the deadline. But I would really like to get my shot off before the deadline (at least a few hours, preferably more) so that we could lynch someone else if the person I shoot flips scum.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 14, 2014, 10:34:11 am »

Vote Count 2.4:

ashersky (2): Archetype, AndrewisFTTW
Jimmmmmm (3): Twistedarcher, ashersky, XerxesPraelor
xeiron (1): Jimmmmmm
AndrewisFTTW (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (3): Witherweaver, xeiron, yuma

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 14, 2014, 10:44:50 am »

I've been trying to reread.. it's hard for this game.  Day 1 is like 1000 posts.  My general impressions...

One thought is, I think it benefits scum to have a slow game leading up to the deadline and then a rushed vote.  There really isn't enough time to understand everything and think things through, and there isn't enough time to change lynch candidates either, or get input from people who aren't constantly on.  This was a big cause of a crucial Day 2 mislynch in the other game I played (newbie House of Cards).  Also on Day 1 of this game everything was going on in the last 1-2 hours. And I think a nolynch today is better for scum than for town.

So I think Yuma is right that we need to get moving.  I also think that all the talk on Yuma's role and its validity is distracting us.  If Yuma had never claimed, I'd probably still think he was town from the way he acts.  This would lead me to suspect those that were really concerned with Yuma proving himself today.. I believe that was Twisted Archer and Xeiron.  TA seemed towny to me before, and I think his claim about Yuma almost confirms him as town.  So more suspicion on Xeiron than on TA here.

Another thought.  If the whole Yuma v. people talking about his role is town v. town, then I would think scum would just want to sit back and let it all play out.  The delay is working perfectly well for them, and they don't want to move things onto the right track.  So this leads me to suspect people being quiet, or posting but not really adding to the conversation.  That would be, Xerxes, Arch, ADK, possibly Jimm but he was posting some stuff about it.  Ash is on vacation so I don't know if there's anything to be said about him in this regard.  TA, Xeiron, and Yuma would be town in this assumption.  Andrewis falls into this category too, but he's not someone I want to lynch today (I guess I should be careful here.  It's Andrewis' claim flavor/role claim that makes me not want to lynch him. It's probably wrong to be completely swayed by that, so I should allow for some doubt.  Regardless, I don't plan to vote for him today.)

From my rereads, Ash seems less scummy than when I was originally reading all the posts.  His play reminds me of Shraeye on Day 1/2 in my other game, where Shraeye was town and aggressively pushed two mislynches through.  So my Day 1 read is a little more null.  I still find Ash's actions on Day 2 kind of questionable, though.. not sure why he is hammering on Andrewis so hard, especially when just about everyone disagrees with Ash.  I actually don't see this making sense for either town, or scum.  I guess he either has to be really really sure of his read as town and hopes he can reveal something, or feels he needs to act really really sure as scum.  So unsure here, slight scum read. 

I already posted my reread results on Jimmm.  His play reminds me of Faust (scum) in the same game, who was fairly non-present during Day 1, but came in with a pre-established reason to hammer the mislynch (in Faust's case, a VT claim; in Jimm's case, a strategy policy of preferring lynching over non-lynching).

Andrewis I've put in the not-lynching category, though when I reread Day 1, I still react the same way that did when I was originally reading it.  So assuming he turns out to be town here, he's probably just someone that I have a misunderstanding with when communicating online.

Xeiron... he had that weird interaction with Jimm at the beginning of the game about questioning Yuma's claim.. and then a much larger discussion today about a similar thing.  Xeiron and Jimm seemed to switch sides on the issue, which I found a little odd, but, like has been said, people change their minds.  I still didn't figure out why people said he was super scummy on Day 1... I don't think anyone ever justified it.  His Day 2 behavior with Yuma I find more questionable, because of my first paragraph.

Archetype.. non-present as well.  When he does post he seems to post about reads, but doesn't ever say why, or when he does the explanations don't really resonate with me.

ADK.. very similar to Archetype.. lurking, voting, not really explaining.  Reminds me of him in my other game where he was scum.  I don't know what to take form his vote against Andrewis today.. especially since he was pretty against voting for Andrewis yesterday.  Maybe he was obligated to not vote against Andrewis since he made the same "slip" that Andrewis did.

Xerxes .. what mostly stands out is the claiming.  He has a flavor claim and a role claim that fits the flavor (not what I would have guessed, but it does fit very well), but he decided to claim them without anyone asking, any suspicion on him, or anyone agreeing that claiming was good.  And his role seems to be non-verifiable (today).  Not sure what to take from it.. he says it helps us narrow down scum, but it doesn't really at all if it doesn't make him look any more town.

Yuma is basically confirmed town, and on Day 1 he seemed either town or brilliant gambitist.  TA has seemed fairly town throughout.. I'm not sure why/how he could have lied about Yuma or be scum and found what he did about Yuma.  I don't want to lynch either of Yuma/TA.

Okay so.. I would want someone from the set of {ADK, Xeiron, Xerxes, Jimmm, Archetype, Ash}.  My preferences would probably be ADK or Jimm, maybe Xerxes.  I'd prefer to wait on Ash unless he comes back before deadline.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 14, 2014, 10:45:39 am »

I didn't see this before.  Can you explain the scenario where TA is scum?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 14, 2014, 12:02:39 pm »

I never noticed him, and scum doesn't want to be noticed.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 14, 2014, 12:04:28 pm »

As I was reading your last post I realized that I forgot about him revealing yuma as town, but at the same time that could be seen as TA looking for towncred (I knew you were going to ask me about that). But still not enough for me to vote him today.

I still think ash is scum and we should lynch him today. Like shraeye said and most people have witnessed, scum!ash is very bold which is what he's been in the game. His case on me is completely trumped up and he's flailing to call any post of mine a scumtell. His plan is to put everything out there, be so completely focused and determined on one person that people just dismiss it and think "there's no way scum would push for something that hard", which is exactly what had happened.

If nobody wants to do that, though, I also think Jimm has a good chance of flipping scum based off his lurking D1 and last minute hammer, as well his weird questions at the end of D1. I say "weird" because it's not exactly scummy, but we're pretty much looking for anything out of place or anything that jumps out at you to determine scum reads. So for me, "weird" is very close to "scummy" and I'd be willing to put my vote there if I have to. Arch's posts on Jimm are conflicted but there are a couple spots that highlight Jimm's slightly off posting.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 14, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

I never noticed him, and scum doesn't want to be noticed.

But uh.. with the latest Yuma interactions?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 14, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »

As I was reading your last post I realized that I forgot about him revealing yuma as town, but at the same time that could be seen as TA looking for towncred (I knew you were going to ask me about that). But still not enough for me to vote him today.

Well I was asking Xerxes, but I see you had a similar list, so thanks for answering too :)

The thing is, TA could not have made up what he said about Yuma unless he (1) Knew Yuma's flavor (only possible if they're both scum), (2) knew enough of the flavor to know what item to claim Yuma has.  So I'm pretty positive he's telling the truth here, and TA's role really let him do this.

So I guess the question is, could TA be scum with this role?  I'm inclined to think not.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 14, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Sorry, I forgot exactly what went down with the Maiden spear and all.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 14, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

I would be against a mass claim at any point today.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:50 pm »

I would be against a mass claim at any point today.

Great. We aren't going to. Thoughts on who I should vig (we should lynch) in less than 24 hours from now?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 14, 2014, 08:53:46 pm »

Ok... people I am taking out of the lynch pool so we can start to move forward a little bit.

(TA, yuma, Andrew)

If you are voting for these people unvote or thinking about voting them just don't. They aren't being vigged today.

We still need people voting for Jimmmm to more succinctly explain why they are voting for whom they are voting and for a few people to vote to begin with...

I will be doing a reread myself before deadline and if it comes down to it I will just shoot whomever I have a strongest scum read on at the end of the day if we can't get consensus... but keep in mind that people that aren't helping find a consensus are going to move up the radar in scuminess...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »

There are also two (maybe even three) people whom I am leaning on removing from the pool as well. I will with hold their names for now as I want some reactions and reads on them before making a decision.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

Sorry I am super pressed for time and no time tonight. I should be around tomorrow but it depends on what time I get home...

Happy with Jimmmmm, but really whoever you want to shoot Yuma is cool. I'm fine with Jimmmm, Arch, ADK (same reads as Xeiron, I think). Less fine but ok with Xeiron and maaaaaybe Ash. Don't want Xerxes or WW.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 14, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »

I'm confused about the Jim lynch. Is there a solid reason anyone has for shooting him or has this game just stagnated to the point where people are fine lynching whoever?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:24 pm »

I'm confused about the Jim lynch. Is there a solid reason anyone has for shooting him or has this game just stagnated to the point where people are fine lynching whoever?

The latter I think. Town-aligned players are ready to punish me for poor play without too much thought about whether or how that makes me scum, and any scum who are on the wagon are obviously happy for a caseless lynch to go through.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »

The latter I think. Town-aligned players are ready to punish me for poor play without too much thought about whether or how that makes me scum, and any scum who are on the wagon are obviously happy for a caseless lynch to go through.

That's what scum!jimmmmm says.  Town!jimmmmm is understanding and apologetic to this wagon.

I have no "case."  Just gut feelings.  I think he is a good lynch, not a good vig target.

Vig target means no one but Yuma is accountable.  Lynch means everyone is involved.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 14, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »

That's what scum!jimmmmm says.  Town!jimmmmm is understanding and apologetic to this wagon.

I understand wanting to punish poor play, and I unreservedly apologise to my teammates for said play. Having said that I think if I am lynched it will be a lynch of convenience - I am yet to see any solid work go into deducing my alignment, and I've seen a lot people say they are happy to lynch me without giving any reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 16 queries.