Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 171436 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day2)
« Reply #1125 on: December 12, 2013, 02:41:24 am »

And Jimm, I really love THIS Jimm. I hope you're not scum. But I can't shake the evidence, man.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully I can help you shake it in the not too distant future.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 12, 2013, 03:28:38 am »

Okay, thread's a bit quiet, only a few days until deadline, let's do this thing.

I've been trying to get as many opinions on ash as I could before I did this, but had a hard time getting people to bite. Although now everyone except manda has at least given some sort of stance about me vs ash.

Here goes...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:45 am »

I am the Goon Cop.

Last Night I investigated ashersky.

He is a Goon.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 12, 2013, 03:36:13 am »

Now this has a few ramifications. It means that scum chose at least one bonus. If e is really a Bodyguard, it means they chose at least two, one of which was recruiting the Traitor (since ash is a Goon). If we have any more PRs that means I managed to pick the one and only Goon and from here on out I'm basically a named VT.

Now I'm actually perfectly fine with not lynching ash Today and trying to find his partners instead, for a few reasons:
-ash is a Goon and therefore his non-Goon partner/s are a higher priority.
-Keeping ash alive will disincentive them from killing me since when you get my flip ash becomes confirmed scum.
-Lynching someone other than ash will at least narrow down my investigation pool in the event that there is still a Goon left for me to find.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2013, 03:51:32 am »

I am the Goon Cop.

Last Night I investigated ashersky.

He is a Goon.

vote: Jimmmmm

This is a great fake claim for scum's role cop, I suppose.  But he didn't get a result last night, So maybe they picked up that I was a PR from D1.

My hesitant town read came from the fact that I roleblocked Jimmmmm last night and a kill still happened.  That made him at least slightly less likely to be scum in my opinion, but not enough to clear him.

At least I'm relieved that you have a good excuse for our fight--that was more acceptable behavior from scum.  It makes way more sense.  You were just too different from your town self.

Also, if there is a real goon cop, don't claim!  Jimmmmm is trying to out you and mislynch me.  Better I'm outed than the cop.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 12, 2013, 03:52:57 am »

Hi ash!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 12, 2013, 03:55:11 am »

Now this has a few ramifications. It means that scum chose at least one bonus. If e is really a Bodyguard, it means they chose at least two, one of which was recruiting the Traitor (since ash is a Goon). If we have any more PRs that means I managed to pick the one and only Goon and from here on out I'm basically a named VT.

Now I'm actually perfectly fine with not lynching ash Today and trying to find his partners instead, for a few reasons:
-Keeping ash alive will disincentive them from killing me since when you get my flip ash becomes confirmed scum.
-Lynching someone other than ash will at least narrow down my investigation pool in the event that there is still a Goon left for me to find.

Also, scum slip here.  No reason that "ash is a goon" means traitor recruited was selected.  There are plenty of options to select (day talk + bulletproof) for example that leaves multiple goons.  Remember, jimmmmm has to work the math to fit his lie.  He can't shake his own knowledge, though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 12, 2013, 03:58:51 am »

Also, scum slip here.  No reason that "ash is a goon" means traitor recruited was selected.  There are plenty of options to select (day talk + bulletproof) for example that leaves multiple goons.  Remember, jimmmmm has to work the math to fit his lie.  He can't shake his own knowledge, though.

No scumslip. That was under "If e is really a Bodyguard". In which case you or your partners selected at least Two bonuses. If neither was Recruiting, there would not be any Goons. So either you have one scum PR and two Goons (one originally being the traitor) or two scum PRs and one traitor come Goon.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 12, 2013, 03:59:47 am »

ash, why Roleblock me?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 12, 2013, 04:01:34 am »

No scumslip. That was under "If e is really a Bodyguard". In which case you or your partners selected at least Two bonuses. If neither was Recruiting, there would not be any Goons. So either you have one scum PR and two Goons (one originally being the traitor) or two scum PRs and one traitor come Goon.

Dude, day talk + bulletproof.  That's two goons and a traitor.

Thanks for letting us know you recruited, though.

I assume Faust, morg, 2.7 and I are probably it, and jimmmmm recruited + I more.  The goon cop fake claim tells us they are more afraid of that role, which sounds like two goons.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 12, 2013, 04:04:04 am »

ash, why Roleblock me?

You've been off this game.  I had a read on you D1.  You were either scum, or doing a Robz trying to draw the NK as a VT.

Why cop me?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 12, 2013, 04:05:03 am »

Dude, day talk + bulletproof.  That's two goons and a traitor.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. A fool, but an honest fool I remain.

I need to go re-check the powers you could have chosen.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 12, 2013, 04:09:54 am »

If we have any more PRs that means I managed to pick the one and only Goon and from here on out I'm basically a named VT.

As ash helpfully pointed out, this is wrong. If e is a Bodyguard and we have no more Town PRs, then scum had to have chosen at least one of Daytalk and Recruit.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:10 am »

Why cop me?

It was actually quite a stroke of luck. Parts of Day 1 I was feeling uncomfortable about you and Robz, at least in part because of how agreeable you were. I initially put you down in case I didn't get a chance to have a proper look. I was planning on putting a proper re-read in and was thinking I'd probably change to Jorbles. Luckily (for Town) I never got a chance to, and I returned home one evening to a lovely surprise.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 12, 2013, 05:14:22 am »

Food for thought:  here are two scum narratives.

A is scum.  He decides on D2 to stage an emotional fight with Jimmmmm to gain towncred, even though everyone on f.ds knows that A is prone to emotional reactions as town or scum, and it probably is a stupid way to try to gain towncred.  He then gets called as scum by the cop.  Unlucky him.

B is scum.  He hedged badly on a free PR lynch on D1, then decided on N1 to find a way to out the goon cop while scoring one of the easier mislynches on f.ds, ashersky.  He opens the day with a pre-loaded argument against ashersky specifically, that being the QT bit from RMM9 which he had gone and found the night before to use against him.  Then, when he gets under pressure, he plays his pre-planned trump card, the fakeclaim.  Much like ashersky in Mean Girls, he hopes to preempt everyone by claiming early, and in the process kill off a townie AND maybe get the real cop to counterclaim.  All in a trade for a Goon lynch on D3.

Hmmm...which one seems more likely to you?  I must say, I know how mcmc felt in Mean Girls now.  Maybe it's karma.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 12, 2013, 05:17:58 am »

Also, one reason I was more wary of Morgrim's claim was that, as a PR, after 2.7's claim, I knew it was less likely he was telling the truth.

You should have had the same reaction, but you didn't.  You hedged hardcore, and tried to look like you didn't want to mislynch, because you knew already that he wasn't lying.  You had recruited your traitor, and you knew how many PRs you chose, so you reacted by trying to seem innocent in the whole thing, not voting.

If you were a real town PR, you'd have seriously doubted Morgrim's claim way more than you did.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 12, 2013, 05:19:14 am »

Wow. Well, this is a strange game.

Why claim now Jimmmmm ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 12, 2013, 05:24:24 am »

Very interesting.

Goon Cop is a pretty terrible fake claim. If Jimmmmm does not tell he truth, we'll know the next Day. If he would want to fake claim, there are other options: Roleblocker and Vigilante. Roleblocker is better because it can't be confirmed. Vigilante also can't be confirmed, even though it would raise the question why there is only one NK at some point. Still, it would allow Jimmmmm to live longer than with his current claim.

And guess what? Ashersky claimed Roleblocker. The best fake claim. That plus the fact that ash always looked more scummy than Jimmmmm to me makes me vote: ashersky
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 12, 2013, 05:25:53 am »

Note that there certainly is room for Jimmmmm fakeclaiming as scum and outing his partner.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 12, 2013, 05:31:18 am »

I'm not sure Goon Cop is such a terrible fake claim. It has a chance of outing the actual Goon Cop, which may or may not be very desireable (depending on what mafia chose) and there's the possibility of a scum v scum ploy. I don't really believe that but I guess it's possible. Jimmmmm's claim is a little weird to me in many ways, which is why I'm interested as to his reasoning for claiming now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 12, 2013, 05:32:19 am »

ash, why Roleblock me?

You've been off this game.  I had a read on you D1.  You were either scum, or doing a Robz trying to draw the NK as a VT.

Why cop me?

Jimmmmm definitely was very acive and under suspicion D1. BUT - doesn't this make im a bad RB target? Even if he was scum, wouldn't he let his partner who was more under the radar do the NK?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:49 am »

Jimmmmm's claim makes a lot of sense in the light of this:

I really think Jimm is scum, guys.

Are you breadcrumbing a PR here? Because if you are, and have an incriminating result on Jimmmmm, I'd prefer if you claimed right away. That way, we can safely lynch Jimmmmm, e can protect you for another night, and if he doesn't because he's scum, well, there we have found our second scum and are in quite good shape.

He did his question in the post after that, which means he decided to claim immediately after I urged the Goon Cop to claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 12, 2013, 05:36:02 am »

I agree by the way that should there be an actual Goon Cop, they shouldn't claim now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 12, 2013, 05:37:07 am »

Still, Jimmmmm, why didn't you claim right away?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.