Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169296 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1725 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

FWIW, I think we got it wrong in our choice of PRs (which was Recruit, Daytalk, JOAT). It made us incredibly vulnerable to Goon Cop (and it showed, with Jimmmmm targeting 3 scum in 3 tries - great job by the way) and prevented us from fakeclaiming. I still like recruiting and JOAT, but I think JOAT is not that great. We used it a lot, especially me because it was my first game, but I think we would have been fine without.

I targeted manda on my last Night, but only because I figured I would be dead by morning if Volt was a Goon.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 10, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »

Also, for the record, I investigated Teproc for similar reasons - I strongly believed that if Robz was scum he was not a Goon, and if mcmc was a Goon I would die that Night. So I can only claim credit for 1-2 of the investigations.

Well done scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »

Oh, and Voltaire?  Told you we'd win if we were ever scum together!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 11, 2014, 03:35:04 am »

A few thoughts:

-The Morgrim lynch should not have happened. His craziness MAY have been scummy for someone else, but it certainly wasn't scummy for him.
-The ashersky lynch should have been easier, and probably should not have required Walrus to counterclaim. I'm probably biased, but I really think I was making a lot more sense than he was.
-Robz said adamantly that Voltaire and Teproc were scum, but he also adamantly supported the Morgrim lynch and adamantly believed ash over me. I'm not saying that people should tone down their convictions, but possibly when you've been really sure about something and been wrong it makes it harder for others to trust your reads, whether or not they trust you.
-e was super scummy and would probably have been lynched if not for an even more believable claim.
-I was tossing up between investigating Teproc and Voltaire Night 2. The game would have been super different if I'd gone the other way. Something Teproc said about ash tipped me towards investigating him. Teproc, were you trying to get me to investigate you? If so, I did the exact same thing armed with a 1-shot Godfather in LotR 1.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:02 am »

I didn't do anything special to get you to target me, no. I wish I had, that would have been well played !

Here's what I thought about your targets night 2 : "I think the first question we have to ask ourselves is : who will Jimmmm target tonight ?

My guess would be mcmc. He is low on everyone's reads, Jimmmmm included. He did say he "didn't remember anything you said", but I don't think he will Cop you yet. So he can probably live on that front."

In fact, we were pretty surprised to learn that you targeted me : "And both Walrus and Jimmmmm targeted me ! I expected it from Walrus, but not from Jimmmmm. That's a little scary."
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 11, 2014, 06:08:24 am »

That didn't go so well. I was mostly frustrated in this game while I was alive, because noone would listen to me, even if I was the IC. Lynching Morgrim D1 - bad! Lynching ashersky D2 - bad! (I still maintain that view; lynching ashersky did not bring town closer to the victory) I guess it's hard work to convince people even if you are the IC...
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 11, 2014, 06:28:19 am »

Lynching ashersky D2 - bad! (I still maintain that view; lynching ashersky did not bring town closer to the victory)

Really? That was my other thought that I forgot to mention - I really think keeping us both alive would have been good, and I hope we do something like that some day. Of course, I understand that it's pretty risky from an outsider's point of view.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 11, 2014, 10:16:43 am »

Holy crap.

I remember a scumteam - in fact I think it was RMM9, with you on it - deliberately planning to all either be on-wagon or off-wagon together, because people wouldn't expect that. Have you forgotten this, or are you choosing not to remember it?

Of course I remember that QT, and that planning.  Didn't work out, though.  Brilliant idea at the time, but was there for everyone who ever read the QT to see, and so I'd say pretty stupid to emulate now.

I'm annoyed that you think I would repeat something so blatantly, and from such a recent scum game.  You really do think I'm an idiot.

Also, what ridiculousness?

The "oh oh ash said something once in a previous mafia QT and that must mean he's stupid enough to immediately repeat it this game" thing.

Quote from: ashersky in the Mafia QT
--we should all attempt to be ON or OFF wagon at the end of the day. All three of us in one category runs counter to all wagon analysis theory. We can all safely push the "I think 2 scum on/1 off" or "1 on/2 off" theories safely.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 11, 2014, 10:27:18 am »

I liked the goal, I didn't like ashersky talking about it the next day!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 11, 2014, 01:47:31 pm »

-Robz said adamantly that Voltaire and Teproc were scum, but he also adamantly supported the Morgrim lynch and adamantly believed ash over me. I'm not saying that people should tone down their convictions, but possibly when you've been really sure about something and been wrong it makes it harder for others to trust your reads, whether or not they trust you.

I don't think I was so adamant on Morgrim and ashersky. I maintained that mirgrim was the right lynch, but I certainly expressed doubts about him being scum. Ash, well, I was wrong but I don't know how certain I was on him. I switched and voted for him as soon as walrus claimed.

And I have never asked you to promise to lynch my candidate after I'm dead before, so I thought it was obvious that this was much more serious than some silly early game read...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 11, 2014, 04:27:26 pm »

-e was super scummy and would probably have been lynched if not for an even more believable claim.

This. e, I would have lynched you at basically any point in the game. I was convinced you had just gotten lucky when you claimed.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 16, 2014, 11:12:40 am »

I messed this up. Sorry guys.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.