Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 171139 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day1)
« Reply #600 on: December 02, 2013, 02:42:30 pm »

What do you think of manda's Jorbles vote?

So scummy scum wouldn't do it. Was it you who was saying previously "but how many times does scum actually do this and how many times does town actually do this"? It's one of those.

When did I say that?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 02, 2013, 02:42:56 pm »

For the millionth time, manda is NOT a newbie!!!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 02, 2013, 02:43:38 pm »

So scummy scum wouldn't do it. Was it you who was saying previously "but how many times does scum actually do this and how many times does town actually do this"? It's one of those.

When did I say that?

Then it wasn't you. Someone said that. When you read four days of the thread at once, it really blurs together.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 02, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »

For the millionth time, manda is NOT a newbie!!!

Only one game, ages ago, right? Newbie in my book.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 02, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »

I'm intrigued at how easy it was to transfer everyone from e to Jorbles...

THIS! I don't care if you guys want to lynch me, but at least do it with a case. All you guys will learn by quicklynching me "semi-randomly" is that it's not a very effective way to find scum. At least you'll be able to find scum on my wagon though.

Not true, the case on you is valid, you have had a really small presence which is a decent case for day1.

I wouldn't call it decent. It's pretty weak. The case on me is basically that I've been around, but not as much as other people have, and am therefore scum?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:34 pm »

When did I say that?

Then it wasn't you. Someone said that. When you read four days of the thread at once, it really blurs together.

I may have said something like that. I just want you to explain what you're saying.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »

Maybe we should just lynch Morgrim.

At worst, we lynched Morgrim. No offense, Morgrim.

Vote: Morgrim?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:49 pm »

THIS! I don't care if you guys want to lynch me, but at least do it with a case. All you guys will learn by quicklynching me "semi-randomly" is that it's not a very effective way to find scum. At least you'll be able to find scum on my wagon though.

Not true, the case on you is valid, you have had a really small presence which is a decent case for day1.

I wouldn't call it decent. It's pretty weak. The case on me is basically that I've been around, but not as much as other people have, and am therefore scum?

Is there a better case on someone else?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:59 pm »

Manda's vote on me is scummy I agree, but I tend to think more of ashersky's vote. Manda's vote seems so scummy that it's more likely to be town not thinking what they are doing through very much. Ash's vote looks more like he's looking to justify a way onto the wagon in a less suspicious way.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »

I admit that as much as I enjoy being agreed with by Robz and ash, I do find it strange.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 02, 2013, 03:20:32 pm »

But what do we learn from lynching Morgrim?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

Manda's vote on me is scummy I agree, but I tend to think more of ashersky's vote. Manda's vote seems so scummy that it's more likely to be town not thinking what they are doing through very much. Ash's vote looks more like he's looking to justify a way onto the wagon in a less suspicious way.

Ash's vote onto my wagon is the scummiest joining of it I think. Vote: ash?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:59 pm »

Only his alignment, nothing more. It's a random lynch without being random.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 02, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »

Ashersky: Jumping on the Jorbles wagon.  I don't think that in itself is scummy, but
vote: Jorbles.  I can get behind the semi-random D1 lurker lynch at deadline.  LALL after all.
I don't like the little explanation he gives here at all.  If you get called out for it as scum, you say you are joking and switch off.  I mean, who actually says that they support a semi-random lynch?  In fact, Ash then does remove himself from the wagon when it is no longer popular and votes Walrus after attacking him for a brief period of time.

@Jorbles mostly, because he should know better, but also to clarify for newbies, re-read my Jorbles vote, people.

Put that in the guess the poster thread and I guarantee you get a Robz, a Galz, and probably a Yuma in addition to me.  It's the opposite of what 2.7 describes it as, in fact.  It's a solid line of thinking for D1, one which I wasn't bothered by when Robz (jimmmm?) put it forward.  And it occurred at a time when a scum read claimed his way to safety and before walrus outed himself as scum.

I stand behind my jorbs vote as perfectly great at the time.  But now we have actually scummy folks to catch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 02, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »

What's with the interrogative votes, people ? If you're gonna vote someone be serious about it. It's too easy to go "well, I wasn't really sure about voting for him" afterwards with hedgy votes like that. FoS at Jorbles for that, and, well, I'm already voting for Robz.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 02, 2013, 03:32:47 pm »

What's with the interrogative votes, people ? If you're gonna vote someone be serious about it. It's too easy to go "well, I wasn't really sure about voting for him" afterwards with hedgy votes like that. FoS at Jorbles for that, and, well, I'm already voting for Robz.

Walrus claimed he voted for reactions too.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 02, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »

Yes but that means tomorrow there will be no better case on you than that, low impact means harder to tell if your scum and harder to tell who is scum from your flip later on when it is important. As far as the wagon of jorbles goes I think it is similarly likely that the jorbles wagon grew fast with scum on it, that the jorbles wagon grew fast because hes scum and scum is off it. He hasn't gotten lynched, so it's not like the wagon is a super fast pushed through wagon on town. I think the assumption that scum has got to be on wagon for as little that actually happened.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

I don't see any problem with doing things for reactions. We have to scumhunt somehow.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:26 pm »

Same thing I said about jorbles applies here though. Day one its okay, this isn't crunch time, if morgrim get a pass from posting real helpfull content today, when do we draw the line, will that be too late? So I think people need to participate(even though some people find that scummy...) and interact or else we can't figure out who scum is. vote: morgrim till he does something helpfull.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

I don't see any problem with doing things for reactions. We have to scumhunt somehow.

This close to deadline ? Also, you're not getting any reaction out of it if your vote is explicitely for pressure.

Note that this is not what Robz was doing, but it has the same problem of being easy to wave away as an unsignificant vote later on.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »

I think we're jumping the gun on this "close to deadline" nonsense. We're getting there, but it's still 2 days away, right?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:11 pm »

Isn't it tomorrow ?

Just checked, it's in 2 days. Soft deadline was today so I thought it was tomorrow.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 02, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »

Mmm...yeah...no. I think not. This seems like OMGUS? FoS: Robz
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 02, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »

To avoid ambiguity, let me quote:
Okay, so we'll need a soft deadline. Here's the thing: As the IC, I'd like to be around for the soft deadline, but you know, this is sort of complicated with me living in Europe and all. I propose Tuesday, December 3, 2 pm forum time.
So since we are in the business of throwing out random accusations, FoS to everyone who didn't remember the soft deadline, or the real one.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 02, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »

It all adds up to vote: walrus at this point.  Better option than Jorbles.  Crumbled under pressure, a sure fire way to catch scum.

I just finished re-reading Walrus and I just do not see a case on him at all, especially not "crumbling under pressure". In GoT we (and I really think it was town, I don't think scum helped out at all) mislynched Walrus for playing like newbie scum and he was town.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.183 seconds with 20 queries.