Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 80  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 204886 times)

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Second Quarter Already?)
« Reply #1400 on: June 06, 2013, 10:02:03 am »

I would like everyone to post a Believe: ash/mcmc, doesn't have to be right now, but I want to know where everyone stands.

Believe: ashersky.

I see no reason why scum-ashersky would claim like that.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:58 am »

Oh I also think ash want me quicklynched because I know my claim is right, at some point in time other people will start believing that as well, haha wow not a single person has posted since my claim. Yup I need to cooldown.

Rereading stuff after ash claim, spiritbears is definitely town, as well as ahoppy I think.

Liopoil is playing a really good game now, scum or town lol. I mean I just can't get over my scum read on him which sucks but man its hard to find someone scummy when they work hard to try and help you out as town. I mean if hes town super good move, if hes scum it's so much wifom.

eevee I have no clue about, he isn't posting much, he has said give me time to talk, give mail-mi time to talk, and lynch mcmc. I actually lean scummy on eevee, he could be scum thats not on my radar(like I said I don't think scum!ash would claim with me already on his whole scum team[ash/lio/x])

yuma you should probably reveal your info, I mean yes it will suck because we will out probably all our pr's, but they have to pick between nk'ing me, you, and our ic so your probably safe for another day at least. It's definitely better than losing me to a mislynch and then you to a nk because of what you have already said.

we absolutely should wait for this
well then for now I guess I'll keep my mouth shut. Maybe I'll reconsider when I get home from work ~ 10 hours. That will give me a bit more time to think it through and not be in such a rush when I try and make a decision...

Wow xeiron voted me immediatly after ash's claim, thats just a bit strange to me

Also mail-mi voted me 3 days ago, this is why I want unvoting and whatnot.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 06, 2013, 10:08:17 am »

This is what happened up until my full claim/response

Stated belief in ash's claim: Xeiron, eevee, spiritbears,
Stated want to hear more: Liopoil,
Voted: Xeiron, Eevee, Spirit L-1, EeveeUnvote,
At this point I say the first thing since ash's claim.
Stated belief in ash's claim: Robz
Stated want to hear more: Eevee, Yuma, Ahoppy
Voted: Robz L-1

Lets combine
Stated belief in ash's claim: Xeiron, eevee, spiritbears, Robz
Stated want to hear more: Liopoil, Yuma, Ahoppy
Voted: Xeiron, Eevee, Spirit L-1, EeveeUnvote, Robz L-1

So you see we have 4 people that have said they believe ash, 3 people that wanted to hear more, and mail-mi being completely gone.
This is why I want unvotes and the like, if it starts to look like I won't be lynched scum wants to hammer soo bad, they know my claim is true, they know I am jailkeeper and want to get me lynched.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 06, 2013, 10:10:35 am »

I would like everyone to post a Believe: ash/mcmc, doesn't have to be right now, but I want to know where everyone stands.

Believe: ashersky.

I see no reason why scum-ashersky would claim like that.

Maybe because I made a good case on him and he thought it would be better to get me lynched first even if he goes down too(if he is rolecop he knows I am jailkeeper) which I think is very likely for ash given his playstyle.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #1404 on: June 06, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

Mc---I say this as a frind and because you would do the same for me.
Please calm down. I know you are totally frustrated by ash, but you are letting it get to you personally. There's no need for that. I do want to hear more, although I have to tell you up front I start on the ash side of the equasion. Your claim doesn't make sense to me...his does. 
So unvote for now, but know I will jump in and do have the intent to hammer you.  Please use this time well, you're reads are important to me.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:53 am »

And Yuma, if you think there's s dsmn good reason for us not to hammer mc, say so quickly. We really do need that "critical info"
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 06, 2013, 10:39:24 am »

Thank you spiritbears.

So I think it is important to remember, that there is a whole game to analyze as well as the claims and how they worked. I think there is something to learn from galzria's successful fake claim in pirates. Scum can make a fake claim, and when scum decided to do it, it is going to look good. Scum has no reason to fake claim unless they are pretty damn sure it's going to be the strongest claim possible, hence ashersky pushing me all day, breadcrumbing, ect. Now yes that could just be seen as what a townie would do, but thats the beauty of it, scum can play and make sure their fake claim looks great. I had no idea I would be claiming today in fact being a town pr I planned not to claim ever, so my claim is going to look bad. Thats what happened to eevee vs. glaz in pirates. Look at the work our town did in pirates, going back and llooking for which one was scum, here ash just wants to get me lynched and get on with it which is scummy. So I think we need to go back and say which one was more likely to be scum, then they both claim so one has to be scum(unless busdriving which would just suck)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 06, 2013, 11:13:48 am »

So I reread eevee, found so much helpfull info.

There was something rubbing me the wrong way about liopoil and now I see it: that level of confidence on mail-mi being town just seems scummy to me, as I really really don't see any base for it. Could be scum "stuck" in a read they had to fake for future wagon analysis reasons?

Maybe too late for that today, but if I don't wake up tomorrow, please remember this!
Okay so here you point out some scummy things liopoil was doing, I agree with it.

I think mail-mi is town for similar reasons that you think robz is town. This is really just ordinary mail-mi play, which he has been misslynched for before.

is it possible that anyone besides robz or mail-mi mightbe lynched today?
I would nominate you (as I disagree with that notion), but no, it's starting to be pretty late for that. Sliding into a nolynch would just suck so bad.
You still think liopoil is scummy but theres not enough time to start it, reasonable.

Alleviated a bit by ash's second post on the matter, although I'm just now realizing I'm way way too eager to give towncred for people for agreeing with me. Actually there might be something there. This is starting to remind me of mafia noir ashersky with our totally unreasonable day 1 arguments I later forgot to town's demise. I'll pull up some quotes when I get to my computer after my weekly floorball thing (so later tonight).

Really freaking glad I was right about robz and also that we have an interested town robz to work with now. This is just great. m
So now you think ash is scummy, and point out to towns demise you forgot this in a past game(are you doing it now) Also want to point out, I am glad you understood robz was town, I do not find you scummy for that at all as I also knew robz was town, it was obvious and I agree it was wierd of yuma to not feel the same way.

Why am I scummy for crazy defending Robz? Once again I think we area heading to a mislynch, I'm doing my best to not have that happen. Ashersky you really should know this isn't how Robz acts as scum!

Why is "my" case on mail-mi odd? Should I repeat it? How about the 5 other voters, all scummy or just me?

Overuse of AtE? Hmm, I don't know, I'm starting to be pretty emotionally invested in getting people to trust me about Robz.

It's scummy in a few ways.  You know you just ripped liopoil for his confidence that mail-mi is scum?  Yeah, that's you and Robz.  SAME THING.

It's scummy if you know he's town and you're doing this for town!cred as scum.

It's scummy if you derail the viable lynch and we hit deadline without a lynch.

Your case on mail-mi is odd because IT IS THE SAME AS THE CASE ON ROBZ and you are saying the two exact cases have different outcomes, when I'm saying it's just as likely they are both scum as it is that they aren't.  You've turned this into a Morgrim defense: basically, if Morgrim derphammered, he'd just get a "oh well, that's Morgrim!" but others would get grilled.  Now it's Robz being super scummy and you've giving him the "oh well, that's Robz!" instead of looking at it clearly.

You keep saying "man ash you should KNOW that Robz is town because COME ON you've played a million games with him too and should KNOW."  That's an AtE for sure.

I don't want to turn the spotlight of attention to me and ashersky disagreeing (again  :)). We've derailed these threads (when both being town too!) often enough for me to know better by now.

I can talk about it and feel rather strongly about my side, but somehow I think we won't agree even if we spend 3 pages arguing..
<

I guess I'm coming across wrong.  I can understand where you are coming from.  That's why I've said my heart yearns for Robz to be town.  But my brain can't ignore the signs that Robz is scummy.  You and I agree that scummy =/= mafia, but man, it's D1 (productive one at that!) and there's not a lot to go on.

I've mentioned that I think there are cases on both Robz and mail-mi.  I don't expect to convince you on Robz, and I think you won't convince me that Robz is obvtown.  And really, I'm okay with the mail-mi lynch.  So I don't know why we're arguing.

If mail-mi is lynched and town though, man you are getting a lot of attention on D2.

Robz, do you think these posts are a contradiction? Do you remember what ashersky was like d1 of Mafia Noir?
Here's a big case you make on ash, I am bringing it up because I think it is valid

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22:32 am »

More stuff! This set of quotes has more to deal with me being town and explaining my read on liopoil ect. Where my last post was showing ashersky being scum.

Ashersky's analysis seems towny this far. I hate cases like this, but I'm getting a weird vibe from liopoil's tone. I'm on mobile and cant quote the relevant posts today, but his posts look like they could have been pre-planned (in a scum qt).

Mods, were nkirbit and sudgy VT's, or do we not know?
Again you find liopoil scummy but your read changes on ash because of analysis(something I think ash could do as scum or town). I agreed liopoil was acting scummy. But your reason here is a weird vibe, that not easy to support but can be a strong read. Later when I make my case you say I feel too strong in my read for the legitimacy of my case, I think this is part of it, my scum read came from some things that are hard to explain as well as some things I couldn't say.

also, a mistake we've made in previous games is to only look at interactions from the current day, and forget about what happened previously. bad idea! that makes all the days essentially D1. So, let's re-read! I did some reading of over the night because I wasn't in pirates, but I need to do some more.
This is so true, but I haven't even been able to follow this day.. I'll be spending 5 hours on a bus on saturday, planning on rereading day 1 then!

Mcmc, can you explain how you can call your lio-case great if you didn't even know Robz is an IC? I mean that was a HUGE new piece of information.. How did the timeline go here, exactly?
So here is question number 1, liopoil answered after, I was on liopoil before robz claimed. My case on liopoil has been based on scrictly the way liopoil was acting in which I felt he was setting up multiple lynches with his "lets lynch this guy but be careful of mcmc" post. As well as some reads based on playing with liopoil as scum. And then of course his claim that he though robz was probably doctored made me find him scummy because knowing I am JK, I doubt we have a IC/JK/Doc and I thought he might be breadcrumbing for a future fake claim.(something I believed scum would do, and they did, I was just wrong on who was breadcrumbing lol)

Mcmc, I think you are GREATLY exaggareting how solid your liopoil-case is. It's not like the case you built on me in pirates, as I don't think it's as much you inventing things, but you are clearly choosing to interpret everything in a way that suits your case. Dude, most of what you find super damning hinges on you calling the entire scum team (if there even are 3 scum, could be 2+sk or something really) early day 2. Don't you see how ridiculous that is? No one in our history of 50 games has been able to do that yet, and you are pretty much using "this would imo make sense" as a justification. I obviously have the luxury of knowing you are wrong as I know my own alignment, but I think you are suffering from a bad case of tunnel vision and I don't know why. Last time I thought you were super unreasonable you were scum building a fake case on me.

Hypotethical question: If you magically had mod confirmation I'm town, would that change your certainty about lio?
Here's the next question I have no idea how I missed it and I'm sorry. Really I don't know how to answer this, I mean like I said, I don't remember where I said liopoil had to be scum with other people, I think my case has always been that liopoil has been scummy for multiple reasons and I may have then taken the next step to look at who he might be partners with. Also after rereading you, I think you are very likely town so I still think liopoil is scum if you are town. I will go look back to find where people got this idea that I was claiming scum teams with certainty. Also I believe I have answerd why my case is not as strong as my read.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (First Day of School! First Day of School!)
« Reply #1409 on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:21 am »

Here is my case on liopoil origionally again

woah there. That was hardly a case on you, in fact, I didn't say any of my reasons for being suspicious of you there. you aren't even my top choice for a lynch right now, robz is. I'm not sure what you're reacting to there, but I'll explain why I'm suspicious of you:

- A likely choice to be chosen for a scum partner
-
Secondly I know you(spiritbears) know that you are town. The issue is no one else does; so if you are town, you want to help town by helping us know you are town. So cooperating/doing anything that is pro town is a really great way to help town. Hope that makes sense
sounds like you know SB is town, like I've said
-
completely missunderstands/missinterprets/twists MGP's post
- Votes SB for not doing something which mcmc believes to be pro-town, and SB doesn't. I disagree that this makes him scummy and so doesn't need a vote.

So of course it isn't much, D1 cases never are. But this is far more solid than some of the other things so far, like the stuff on SB/MGP

I am responding to the fact that you made a statement that seemed fishy to me, the whole I'll vote robz but lets look at mcmc later is such a scum tactic. It's what you do when you know robz lynch is a good mislynch and you want to set up another one tomorrow on me. It is a tactic I have used as scum before. Also you previously said this

mcmcsalot: One of the more likely to be chosen to be a scumbuddy, but hasn't been mentioned as much as Eevee or me, making it seem even more likely that he was chosen.
Secondly I know you(spiritbears) know that you are town. The issue is no one else does; so if you are town, you want to help town by helping us know you are town. So cooperating/doing anything that is pro town is a really great way to help town. Hope that makes sense
Quoted this before for sounding like he knows spiritbears is town, and quoting it again. Interaction with spiritbears in general seems off.

scummy to towny:

mcmc
robz
sudgy
eevee
mail-mi
MGP
yuma
spiritbears
ashersky
Ahoppy
nkirbit
liopoil

So previously I was your top choice for a lynch.

As far as your reasons, my post to spirit was an attempt to explain to him why h should answer the question. I think a typical town issue is "I know I'm town I don't need to go out of my way to do townie things" so I was saying to him even though he knows he is town(if he is) he still needs to convince everyone else he is town. Next I still stand by there is never a point where an anti town lynch is good, is it better than a random lynch yes I understand that but we should never random lynch and MGP voted based off this "its better than a random lynch" idea. Which is ridiculous because if you find noone scummy don't vote its not like he was at deadline and said oh well this is the best because noone is scummy, he just made the attempt to start a wagon on someone quite early because "its better than random". So you claiming I have not just misunderstood but twisted his post is complete crap. Lastly my vote on sb was out of compounding frustration from multiple games and irl stuff which I took a break and came back and unvoted.

Vote: liopoil

I have played with him as scum, this is scum liopoil I'm sure of it.

This is my case on liopoil, the cases on robz and mail are weak, I know my case on liopoil is also weak but I like it better. It just somewhat of gut feelings based on all there's previous play.

Reread myself and wow things have been blown out of proportion. Here is my case on liopoil origionally for the zillionth time and it included no scumteams as well as me sayng the case was somewhat weak but I felt confident in my read.

my reasons are that you are playing a scummy game the way you did with me. setting up lynches keeping yourself safe while pushing(no strong reasons for your suspicion, not following up hard) and moving your read on robz quite a bit in an inconsistent way.

I add this to my reasons for finding liopoil scummy.

Really guys, robz is town, eevee is right 100% about him. I have heard him talk about ds9 and samurai's in which he was NOT happy with his partners D1 play, also I don't even think he's being crazy scummy, crazy but not scummy. Lastly so he's not helpful at scum hunting D1, very few are, most of the newbie blame it on not being used to bigger games early on, I use the I'm terrible as town excuse, many of us are terrible unhelpful scum hunters d1. Some games were great. Robz just doesn't care to make an excuse because excuses get you lynched(bad for town) being outlandish and creating reaction(good for town) so ugh, don't lynch him.

Next OMG liopoil is scum...

Eevee, if you don't like the robz lynch, join the sudgy one! I think it has a better chance of going through than the mail-mi one. Also, I will hammer robz if it gets to the point where if I don't you will lynch mail-mi instead.

gah, sudgy lynch isn't gonna happen. I'd really rather not lynch robz or mail-mi, so I'm not sure what to do...

So he says I'm his top scum read, say he put robz too high, then votes for robz, says I'm not his top scum read, then votes for sudgy says he will only vote for robz if mail-is the other lynch, now doesn't want to lynch either. All of this as we get closer to deadline. You know what scum likes to do D1 make sure there no good information, you know what he's doing dragging the day on pushing different wagons when one gets close(robz wagon got close he swapped, mail-mi is close he will vote robz to stop it, they are both close he will vote neither) watch him make a case on me as soon as sudgy gets close.

This part of my case maybe I didn't explain well, I think liopoil's actions fit a scum narrative much better than a town one. I am not going liopoil is scum thus this makes sense. Looking without prior intention, liopoil acted very strangely to robz the whole day, I don't think robz was difficult to read even for someone who didn't know him that well, you either thought he was town or scum, liopoil thought he was scum then said robz was too high on his scum reads then votes robz. After that he votes sudgy and says he will only vote robz over mail-mi. So after the strange moving of robz in his reads he decides sudgy is his top scum read(okay) and the mail-mi is town(okay) and that he will vote robz over mail-mi(so robz is less scummy than sudgy but more scummy that mail-mi) To me this just doesn't fit with town!liopoil, he is soo confused on robz eventually he throws him inbetween two other people instead of actually coming to a conclusion on robz, I think scum!liopoil would have a hard time dealing with how robz was acting and dodge the issue by creating the scenario above.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:16 am »

Wow. The one time I have a late night and am unable to be online the thread absolutely explodes.

I see ash's claim and I am in a dilemma. Ugh... I have a piece of knowledge that I think makes ash's claim less likely to be true, but doesn't guarantee that it isn't and I don't know if I should reveal it or not.

I mean just typing this out implies that I have something worth revealing and is dangerous so maybe I should go ahead and say it, but at this juncture I am not so sure what to do. Give me a bit to think about it--weigh in if you want... although generally there is no one online when I am post this early in the morning.

Well, you certainly should tell us now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:39 am »

Look, I know what I know.  I am not lying, I got a result that mcmc targeted nkirbit.  Nkirbit died in the night.  Mcmc has since claimed to not have targeted him at all, so there is no explanation other than he is caught scum.

To me, no other town PRs should be claiming today.
This is what it boils down to. It would take something like a cop result for me to believe mcmc over Ash at this point.

Really, just because he claims he is automatically believed. That is stuuupid.

This is ridiculous. Ash is not automatically believed, he is believed because what he is saying is much, much more plausible than what you are saying. Getting angry doesn't make you look any better, by the way. I am really on guard about feigned outrage.

All that said, I do think there is a non-negligible chance that what we are seeing is masterful scum play from ashersky and careless, destructive town play from mcmc. Remember in Mafia XXIII, the fake claim was the polished, rehearsed, plausible one, and the true claim was the last minute counterclaim.

I even think there's some chance they are both scum and this is a ploy.

But.. well, I can't see myself banking on those alternatives, rather than the more obvious one. Just thought I'd mention them in case I die tonight.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 06, 2013, 11:55:25 am »

Yet another unpressured town claim :P

Eevee/liopoil scum team, I think so. I had suspicions of eevee that were put out if mind because he responded well. But scum can respond very well and townie when given the chance. The fact that I had suspicions in the first place still hold true.

Out of these two I would very much like to lynch liopoil first.
Okay, here is my first mention of a scum team. I really did a trrible job of explaining anything here, I baisically saw some connection between the two and posted hey they could be scum together.

Okay how about this, eevee/liopoil/spiritbears. Eevee is the most popular pick(makes sense to be picked and fills vet requirement many people mentioned) liopoil also highly popular pick(fits nicely in the middle of vet and newbie) spirit I have already said he makes an easily defendable partner due to his past of being a confuse townie(fills in the newbie scum pick)

In that team composition(vet/middle/newbie) I would expect to see the vet take a laid back passive approach, the middle to take and aggressive approach, and the newbie to try to look like town.

Also liopoil has been buddying eevee a lot, I don't remember town!liopoil buddying many people(full disclosure I can't remember scum!liopoil doing it either)
Lastly someone said spirit seemed like town because he was playing similarly, but I find him slightly scummy for pushing robz pretty hard, I know I missed some stuff but if I remember correctly spiritbears pushed the robz lynch quite a bit, that fits something a newbie scum player would do.
Then I name a whole team, again really weak reads on eevee and spiritbears, but I was posting this because I didn't feel there was more to say on my liopoil case so I was looking at other things. Also check the time stamps, next couple posts people rightfully say what are you doing mcmc you are calling scum teams and saying nothing and being useless. My next post is this.
your all wrong on me entirely, sorry im not paying attention my freaking basement is flooded because I lost power due to the thunderstorm that came with the tornado that hit last yesterday. When your power goes out your sub pump stops working and when that happens your basement floods so you want me to /out I will(i'll be pissed because I actually think I'm right) I'll make my case "pretty" and more fact based when I can reread I'm trying to stay a part of the conversation in the meantime(even when its just repeating what i've said)
So yes, I wasn't explaining anything well, I was trying to stay relevant and updated without really being able too, that was bad on my part but we have had way to many people not participating while things are happening and too many people analyzing things later, I think this is giving scum the ability to take more informed stances because very few people are every actively posting at once. But anyway yes all my scum team mentions were not supported and not really strong stances.
I then reread and post this,

Okay, this was a huge post by me, where I found more eevee/liopoil connections, though I also found a mgp/liopoil connection and didn't find much connecting spiritbears. At this point I was again pretty confident liopoil is scum and looking for people he could be scum with, not at all saying this is the scum team or that liopoil being scum relies on the others being scum. You see this is what I was doing before without supporting, in my big post I just see a couple connection, because I felt there wasn't much more to be said about my liopoil case but I wanted to still be doing things. My reads on eevee and spirit and mgp were all weak and simply speculation.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:51 am »

Robz halp...am I an idiot, is Liopoil town and xeiron/ashersky are taking advantage of the situation as scum, or am I right and scum is just not letting the case gain any gound. The longer this game goes on my read gets weaker and weaker.

I don't understand your question.  Xeiron agrees with you and is voting liopoil.  I think you are scum, very possibly with liopoil.  I'd say there are others that are not letting the case gain ground.

Wow no offense man but you really need to read my posts through(I don't think I'm that confusing) you always seem to not understand my questions/statement. So let me say it slow

I know I am town
I know I made a case on Liopoil
I do not know liopoil's alignment
Day 1 I got very little support for my liopoil case
Day 2 It's gotten more attention
You claim me and liopoil could both be scum
Xeiron agrees with me that liopoil is scum
So I see two options
Liopoil is scum, xieron agrees with me(bussing or town doesn't matter), you agree liopoil is scum(incorrectly guessing my alignment)
or
Liopoil is town, Xeiron is scum who sees an opportunity to push a mislynch through, you are scum trying to get two townies lynched because you see the opportunity.

So I asked robz, is my case on liopoil good, or are xeiron and ashersky scum trying to take advantage of the interaction going on.

Also while rereading I came upon this, ashersky was pushing me all day, he now claims its because he knew I was scum, but then why was he pushing me the way he did. I think it is fair to say ash has been taking shots at me and calling me scummy without much support all day, now he comes out with his support that he is a pr and wanted to wait. But why, why not make a good case and try and get me lynched with showing how I have been scummy all game.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:20 pm »

Look, I know what I know.  I am not lying, I got a result that mcmc targeted nkirbit.  Nkirbit died in the night.  Mcmc has since claimed to not have targeted him at all, so there is no explanation other than he is caught scum.

To me, no other town PRs should be claiming today.
This is what it boils down to. It would take something like a cop result for me to believe mcmc over Ash at this point.

Really, just because he claims he is automatically believed. That is stuuupid.

This is ridiculous. Ash is not automatically believed, he is believed because what he is saying is much, much more plausible than what you are saying. Getting angry doesn't make you look any better, by the way. I am really on guard about feigned outrage.

All that said, I do think there is a non-negligible chance that what we are seeing is masterful scum play from ashersky and careless, destructive town play from mcmc. Remember in Mafia XXIII, the fake claim was the polished, rehearsed, plausible one, and the true claim was the last minute counterclaim.

I even think there's some chance they are both scum and this is a ploy.

But.. well, I can't see myself banking on those alternatives, rather than the more obvious one. Just thought I'd mention them in case I die tonight.
Really, robz sorry I am frustrated because you say ashersky is not to be believed automatically, but that what he says is more plauisible. Why I mean I just posted a whole lot and noone has said anything about it, you say you still believe ash, because its the obvious choice, but you don't adress why his claim makes sense and mine doesn't. He hasn't said why he targeted me, he hasn't given any reason why I am scummy other than his result. I have made huuge cases on him. So sorry I just don't get it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »

You are wrong. He HAS said why he targeted you. Why are you not reading? He said that you seemed like a good pick for scum partner (I agree), didn't garner too much Day 1 suspicion (I agree), and therefore were likely to perform the kill (I agree).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »

You, by extension, didn't know I was IC? Jailed the wrong person? Said you wouldn't claim, and then did? These are all marks against you.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 06, 2013, 12:27:21 pm »

I agree with robz. The case you are making mc is just so much harder to believe. Could ash have pulled off this master turn?  Sure anything is possible. But likely? I don't think so. To believe you, we have to believe the entire scum team ran this masterful perfectly exectuted attack on you, just for....for what really?  Isn't it just so much more likely that ash's claim is true?  We don't have to jump through lots of conspiritorial hoops to beleive his claim. It lines up, and I think it holds up against your counterclaim.
I'm giving Yuma some time to respond though. I think it's only fair. Please don't hold out on us yuma, this is too critical and we can't afford a mistake.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:59 pm »

You, by extension, didn't know I was IC? Jailed the wrong person? Said you wouldn't claim, and then did? These are all marks against you.
I didn't know you were ic because I was waaaay behind. Jailed the wrong person...your alive arent you, so how is who I jailed the "wrong person". Do you think I should have immediately claims jk, because to me that's a horrible outing of our strongest pr. Now do you think I should have not claimed and let you guys lynch the jk without saying anything, I think that's horrible. So tell me what else should I have done to make my goddamn claim more believable. Oh I know I could have been scum and planned it out.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 06, 2013, 12:39:15 pm »

Praying Yuma comes in here with something good. Or go reread any time I have been a pr, see if that matches up with how I've played this game, seriously go read the two games where I was a fool.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 06, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »

Also think of this, if I'm scum, why didn't I claim something that fit with ash's I mean read the scum qt with me and liopoil and our discussion of fake claiming, remember ds9 where I claimed my real role. Remember the end of pirates when I talk about fake claiming there, I do not fake claim.

Going back to my claim, why not claim rolecop or roleblocker and claim to have targeted as ash said. Why didn't eevee counterclaim cop, because as a town pr you are caught with your pants down when someone fake claims against you.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 06, 2013, 01:06:43 pm »

Also think of this, if I'm scum, why didn't I claim something that fit with ash's I mean read the scum qt with me and liopoil and our discussion of fake claiming, remember ds9 where I claimed my real role. Remember the end of pirates when I talk about fake claiming there, I do not fake claim.

Going back to my claim, why not claim rolecop or roleblocker and claim to have targeted as ash said. Why didn't eevee counterclaim cop, because as a town pr you are caught with your pants down when someone fake claims against you.
This is the one thing that really gives me pause. I've never seen you fakeclaim (I think), and it goes against whst I know of your play. But your back is really ho against the grindstone here... First time for everything? Also the anger is a new thing I think. I'm not sure I've ever seen you this pissed.  Like I said...take a breath, and lets see what yuma says. We still have plenty of time....

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 06, 2013, 01:10:09 pm »

This is the one thing that really gives me pause. I've never seen you fakeclaim (I think), and it goes against whst I know of your play. But your back is really ho against the grindstone here... First time for everything? Also the anger is a new thing I think. I'm not sure I've ever seen you this pissed.  Like I said...take a breath, and lets see what yuma says. We still have plenty of time....

I am actually much less pissed now, I was home alone and now I am in class with my friend(it is difficult to take yourself out of the game when its the only thing going on) And I try very hard not to let emotions get into the game but the games I referenced I did get very frustrated when myback was against the wall(as town)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 06, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »

unvote whoa whoa whoa wasnt it Asher who said in the speccy of pirates 2: "I believe Eevee because the second claimant has never been scum in the history of f.ds." Or something like that?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 06, 2013, 01:55:39 pm »

unvote whoa whoa whoa wasnt it Asher who said in the speccy of pirates 2: "I believe Eevee because the second claimant has never been scum in the history of f.ds." Or something like that?

I think he did say that, but he's wrong. In Mafia I, the true cop caught scum on Night I, said his result the next day, and the person he accused counterclaiemd cop. The counterclaim was the liar.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 80  All

Page created in 2.738 seconds with 20 queries.