Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 200458 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)
« Reply #1975 on: June 20, 2013, 11:47:29 am »

Question: I know MVP stands for most valuable player, is that literally what it means? As in, are we nominating who we thought played the best game, or who contributed the most to their faction's victory, or who was the most valuable player to their faction? all are very similar, but could have slight nuances.

I'm thinking Eevee because he evaded my suspicion completely until the last day and had the most plausible claim of the three I thought. He wasn't as high-profile I guess as ash or yuma, but I think had the biggest impact. Ashersky had a big impact, twisting the game in a new direction, I'm just not sure how much it helped scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 20, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »

Question: I know MVP stands for most valuable player, is that literally what it means? As in, are we nominating who we thought played the best game, or who contributed the most to their faction's victory, or who was the most valuable player to their faction? all are very similar, but could have slight nuances.

I'm thinking Eevee because he evaded my suspicion completely until the last day and had the most plausible claim of the three I thought. He wasn't as high-profile I guess as ash or yuma, but I think had the biggest impact. Ashersky had a big impact, twisting the game in a new direction, I'm just not sure how much it helped scum.

The definition of "player who played the best game" is player who "most advanced his team's win con." Obviously, if his team actually won, that is worth a lot, but occasionally someone not from the winning faction deserves MVP.

These are not always easy calls, especially for scum, since it's so often a team effort.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 20, 2013, 11:44:39 pm »

The definition of "player who played the best game" is player who "most advanced his team's win con." Obviously, if his team actually won, that is worth a lot, but occasionally someone not from the winning faction deserves MVP.

These are not always easy calls, especially for scum, since it's so often a team effort.

I think the only player who has received a MVP but not been on the winning team was Qvist in MXV.

My personal vote in ashersky. I actually think that his claim directly impacted scum in a major way. Part of it was lucky--in targeting the JK, that was huge--but like has been mentioned before it completely distracted the conversation and placed a huge cloud over scum's activities and play, allowed eevee and I to ride on the coattails a bit, and directly implicated xeiron for an easy mislynch the next day.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.