Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167710 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act II)
« Reply #1100 on: June 09, 2013, 09:51:12 am »

Either the whispering thing is legit, or raerae and sudgy are scum partners.  I kind of doubt they would go to all this trouble to confirm a non-existent power and and along the way create an association between them in our minds, so the whispering is probably true.  I don't really see what that gets us, though.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »

Sudgy and mail-mi would be my two top scum candidates.  mail-mi has gotten more than a week reprieve.  Time to start stepping up!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 09, 2013, 12:45:43 pm »

I agree with EFHW, mail-mi has been painfully absent (even outside of v/la) so let's apply a little pressure.

Vote: mail-mi

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 09, 2013, 01:40:28 pm »

Ugh, so I started a reread post of sudgy and it turned into one of those giant posts I abhor so I'm summarizing.  I have quotes if anybody is interested.

Second post of the game is to ask if we should flavor claim.  Takes a wishy washy stance on it saying it hasn't done much good or bad.  We all know how I feel about that so...yeah, moving on.

Starts and participates in a lovers conversation...then wonders why we're even talking about lovers.  Sudgy, please explain your though process here.

Sudgy voted for kermit simply by agreeing with TA's case on him.  I had just asked sudgy why a vote on kermit was better than a vote on lio or mail-mi.  He says he doesn't remember the lio case yet explains it in the same post.  Says he doesn't remember much pushing for lio when he put lio at L-1.5.  Ugh, I have to quote this one.  Then, in response to this, he ONLY address the mail-mi vote by saying it was for pressure.  Doesn't address the lio section at all.

I haven't noticed much pushing towards lio, if you could, could you bring up a case or something on him?

Also, the only against lio was him not answering the questions.  While that was somewhat scummy, I nkirbit has more for him than lio does.

Here, I just pulled up your vote on mail-mi and your almost vote on lio.  The cases against them cases were remarkably similar.  Why was one a good vote and not the other?  Also, what do you mean you haven't noticed much pushing for lio?  Did you miss that part of the game where he was at L-2 with practically everybody ready to vote for him?

Mail-mi said he would answer raerae's question but hasn't.  Vote: mail-mi.

I was going to vote liopoil, but then you guys said he was at L-2, so I'll Vote: liopoil for now (not a real vote).  I agree that "missing" questions like that is pretty scummy.

So, lio, could you come in here and say something?

This is stupid, I shouldn't even bring it up but after Pirates I can't get it out of my head.  Sudgy says I'm his top townread but nobody ever reads me strongly as town other than my boyfriend and scum.  This isn't evidence by any means but it's my head so it had to come out.

He repeatedly misrepresents my scum performance in Bankers by saying I was super lurky.  I don't know if this is buddying or misremembering or a simple exaggeration but it also doesn't sit well with me. 

At one point he points a finger at xeiron claiming he's looking for the easiest lynch which is basically what sudgy's been doing all game.  Kettle, pot, all that jazz.

And then his claim.  Nothing scummy or townie about that.

That basically sums up D1 sudgy. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2013, 01:43:36 pm »

So what conclusions do you draw from that summary?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 09, 2013, 01:46:44 pm »

So what conclusions do you draw from that summary?

Still mulling it over, leaning scum though.  Want to hear from mail-mi before I get too serious.

What conclusions do you draw from that summary?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 09, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »

Guys. Nkirbit is not dead, scum kill got doctored/blocked. Don't ask me how I know.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 09, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

Guys. Nkirbit is not dead, scum kill got doctored/blocked. Don't ask me how I know.

Seriously?  Seriously??  That's what you come out with?  You've been away from a flipping week and THAT is where you start?  Good gravy.  Please give some thoughts on D1.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 09, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »

I have reason to believe this, as well.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 09, 2013, 01:55:30 pm »

Seriously?  Seriously??  That's what you come out with?  You've been away from a flipping week and THAT is where you start?  Good gravy.  Please give some thoughts on D1.
That was what I was just barely reading. I'll get to that in a bit.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 09, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

Do you mean that this isn't the scumkill, or that the scumkill was weakened somehow?

If it's not the scumkill, then what other kind of role do you think is out there with a nightkill/nightpoison action?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 09, 2013, 02:41:15 pm »

If you have reason to believe this, then why were you doing all that speculating earlier as if you didn't know?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 09, 2013, 03:09:09 pm »

If you have reason to believe this, then why were you doing all that speculating earlier as if you didn't know?

I have reason to believe I could have happened but not as to if it did. If mail mi is certain is happened I could probably explain how.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 09, 2013, 03:24:30 pm »

TA, what do you think about sudgy, you haven't answered that question yet.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 09, 2013, 03:38:41 pm »

I don't know. I didn't think he was scummy yesterday but he's near the top of my list for today.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 09, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

So mail-mi's partial info and TA's response are raising some questions I want to pose to everyone - Do we need to know what happened with the nightkill last night?  Would that change how we look for scum?  For example, does it make a difference in how we play if nkirbit is really dead or is not really dead?

What question would be important enough that someone possessing the answer should come forward?  I know we want information that rules out or points at specific players.  Anything else?

One difference I can see at the moment that the unknown information could make is that we may not actually be at mylo.  But playing as if we are at mylo seems like it wouldn't hurt us.

Another purpose of claiming would be trying to catch people in inconsistencies, since scum would be fakeclaiming.  Instead of partial claiming in dribs and drabs, let's keep information to ourselves unless we collectively decide to massclaim.  Look at the mess we got in with xeiron and lio.

Can anyone else think of circumstances in which certain information would be helpful and should be shared now?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 09, 2013, 03:44:45 pm »

I don't know. I didn't think he was scummy yesterday but he's near the top of my list for today.
What changed?  This shift just happened overnight?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 09, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

So mail-mi's partial info and TA's response are raising some questions I want to pose to everyone - Do we need to know what happened with the nightkill last night?  Would that change how we look for scum?  For example, does it make a difference in how we play if nkirbit is really dead or is not really dead?

What question would be important enough that someone possessing the answer should come forward?  I know we want information that rules out or points at specific players.  Anything else?

One difference I can see at the moment that the unknown information could make is that we may not actually be at mylo.  But playing as if we are at mylo seems like it wouldn't hurt us.

Another purpose of claiming would be trying to catch people in inconsistencies, since scum would be fakeclaiming.  Instead of partial claiming in dribs and drabs, let's keep information to ourselves unless we collectively decide to massclaim.  Look at the mess we got in with xeiron and lio.

Can anyone else think of circumstances in which certain information would be helpful and should be shared now?

I don't think kermit's sort of kill makes a difference in scum-hunting.  At least not for me.  Either kermit's dead or he'll be back, we can analyze him at that time.  I'm most concerned with the people still active today.

I'm still against claiming until absolutely necessary until you have something concrete.  All of this, "I think I might maybe know something sort of" is really the opposite of helpful in my mind.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 09, 2013, 06:53:58 pm »

Raerae, the only things I feel like I need to say about in your big post, is that I was wanting discussion on whether we should flavorclaim.  Recently in other games we've been saying we should, but it hasn't worked well.  I was trying to finally decide one way or the other for sure.  Then I joined the lovers conversation because a few ideas just popped in my head, then I realized it might not be a good idea.

Also, in every game we've played together that you were town other than RMM7, I've had a town read on you.

I've thought of looking at mail-mi as well, I'll reread him and post thoughts on him later today.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 09, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »

Raerae did a case on sudgy, so here’s mine on mail-mi:

He starts out with his first post after RVS raising the question of lovers.  He was the first to do so.  Why isn’t he worried about being nightkilled when he basically broadcasts that he has lovers on his mind? 
Romeo and Juliet: lovers?
Chimes in later that evening. 
Kewl with soft deadline.
We don’t hear from him again until 24 hours later, where he mildly challenges raerae.
She challenges him back, saying he didn’t answer her question about xeiron and nkirbit.
Does town!raerae or scum!raerae usually ask more questions?
Does town!mail-mi or scum!mail-mi usually avoid my questions?
mail-mi, I challenge you to do something more than agree with the SD.  What are your thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit?
Oh missed that. Currently going to a movie, answer when on a computer.

TWO DAYS later, we hear from him again, a telegraphic note answering the question but with very little content. 
On mobile so not a full post, but here goes:
Nkirbit: Has a good number of posts with townie content. Mostly town read.
Xeiron: has a really low post count, slight scum read just because of the lurking.
The next day, one comment supporting nkirbit again, with nothing else to say but a mild noncommittal  speculation on Liopoil.
I have... no idea who to lynch. I have a few ideas of who not to lynch, tho. First, me. Second, nkirbit. I think he's acting very townie and we would be stupid to lynch him.
Lio, maybe a lynch. I just don't know.

FOUR DAYS later, with no intervening posts, pops in to support sudgy.

Really fast reply before the Internet goes bad: I think this is town sudgy.

THREE DAYS later, again no intervening posts, one unhelpful comment that nkirbit is not really dead, then gone again, says he’ll be back in a bit.  It’s been 6 hours, no word from him.  This comment again seems dangerous if he isn’t scum.  He’s basically advertising some kind of power role that relates to the nightkill.
That was what I was just barely reading. I'll get to that in a bit.

This level of non-involvement goes way beyond v/la.  mail-mi is showing a complete lack of interest in finding scum, which makes me think that’s because he is one of them.  When he does post, he reveals information that would seem to be inviting a nightkill, yet he was not killed last night.  Why did he come on just to say sudgy is town and then disappear again?  Maybe because he is sudgy’s lover and doesn’t want sudgy to be lynched.  Since sudgy’s claim of lover saved him from being lynched, sudgy was also a logical target for last night, but not if his lover was scum.

Now, since my other main scum candidate is sudgy himself, I have to wonder if they are a team.  I don't know, and I don't see my two top reads as mutually exclusive or mutually reinforcing.  I would be comfortable voting for either of them. 

Since a wagon has started on mail-mi, I'll Vote: mail-mi.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 09, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »

EFHW, that case seems way too convenient to me. Basically, your entire case is that he hasn't been around -- but we know that he's been V/LA. I think scum mail-mi would be more concerned with getting some posts in when he's had time, actually.

I'd guess mail-mi is town this game.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 09, 2013, 08:53:24 pm »

What changed?  This shift just happened overnight?

A lot of it is based on setup speculation..the more I've thought about it, I just don't think his claim was that towny.

How many times have we had someone claim mason/lover WITHOUT their partner confirming it? I would assume that in almost every case, where it's town/town, both partners claim, as Xeiron and Lio did. Now, it's a little iffy because of Sudgy's weird claim, but I just think it's fairly likely that he's scum, either by himself or as part of a scum-town lover pair.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 09, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

People voting for mail-mi: STOP.  I'm pretty sure we're in mylo at this point, and we don't want scum quickhammering suddenly.

Also, EFHW, I haven't seen you saying anything about me being scum.  When did you get a scumread on me?

PPE: The reason my lovers aren't claiming is because if they do one of us will get NKed.  Not claiming is a lot safer.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 09, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

I'll look at this tomorrow, don't have much energy tonight. Right now, though I'd either want to lynch Sudgy or take a closer look at EFHW.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 09, 2013, 09:11:31 pm »

Vote Count Act II.II:

mail-mi (2): raerae, EFHW

Not Voting (4): Eevee, Twistedarcher, sudgy, mail-mi

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Act II ends on June 20th at 7:00 p.m.

You have 9 days and 20 hours in the bank.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 14 queries.