Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 166013 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act II)
« Reply #1075 on: June 08, 2013, 11:31:44 pm »

Ugh. I wish I could assume Nkirbit was town, but...

I just think it's WAY more likely that scum would have an alignment hiding role than a townie. That's awful for a town member to have that role, but great for a scum to be able to remain hidden. And I can't imagine a scum killer having that role regardless N1 -- for such a short game -- that's way way way powerful, to the point where I can't imagine it being in a game...Meh.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 08, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

No flip? Weird.
Frustrating.  I wonder if he's like Romeo - seems dead but isn't.  When Juliet dies, he'll come back awake, then suicide.  The quotation suggests "cupid" killed him.
Oops, got that backwards.  nkirbit would be Juliet, who took a potion that made her seem dead.  Then Romeo finds her, takes poison and dies.  Then she wakes up, sees him actually dead, the poison all gone, and stabs herself with his dagger.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 08, 2013, 11:35:22 pm »

I just think it's WAY more likely that scum would have an alignment hiding role than a townie. That's awful for a town member to have that role, but great for a scum to be able to remain hidden. And I can't imagine a scum killer having that role regardless N1 -- for such a short game -- that's way way way powerful, to the point where I can't imagine it being in a game...Meh.
I think there is no flip because he isn't dead. 

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 08, 2013, 11:36:20 pm »

No flip? Weird.
Frustrating.  I wonder if he's like Romeo - seems dead but isn't.  When Juliet dies, he'll come back awake, then suicide.  The quotation suggests "cupid" killed him.
Oops, got that backwards.  nkirbit would be Juliet, who took a potion that made her seem dead.  Then Romeo finds her, takes poison and dies.  Then she wakes up, sees him actually dead, the poison all gone, and stabs herself with his dagger.

Maybe, but nkirbit claimed not-lover

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 08, 2013, 11:39:40 pm »

Well, it was a secret relationship :P

I'll be interested to hear what the others have to say.  'night for now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 08, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »

I think there is no flip because he isn't dead.

Yeah, I think this is the case more likely. So we're looking for a poisoner. There are both good and evil shakespeare characters who could fit that role, ugh.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 09, 2013, 12:11:42 am »

Well, nkirbit was definitely a big townread for me, but it's very weird scum chose to kill the only guy who explicitly claimed not to be a lover. Like, even if you don't for one reason or another want to kill sudgy, why pick nkirbit? I find it doubtful that both scum just forgot..

So I have no idea.

I think nkirbit was probably town. Scum being able to janitor their kills is more likely to me than scum missing and some other role killing one of them that just happens to have a modifier that hides their flip.

We need to lynch scum today no matter what. I think that includes claiming stuff if need be. I'd really want to not take a shot in the dark.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 09, 2013, 12:17:00 am »

Well, nkirbit was definitely a big townread for me, but it's very weird scum chose to kill the only guy who explicitly claimed not to be a lover. Like, even if you don't for one reason or another want to kill sudgy, why pick nkirbit? I find it doubtful that both scum just forgot..

So I have no idea.

I think nkirbit was probably town. Scum being able to janitor their kills is more likely to me than scum missing and some other role killing one of them that just happens to have a modifier that hides their flip.

We need to lynch scum today no matter what. I think that includes claiming stuff if need be. I'd really want to not take a shot in the dark.

What exactly do you propose claiming?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 09, 2013, 12:22:21 am »

Information any of us might have that would help us to lynch scum. Not saying I have or don't have any.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 09, 2013, 12:23:20 am »

Keeping in kind that mylo is an exceptionally opportune time to fakeclaim for scum. Yes, I just said it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:40 am »

If anyone has any useful information, I think they should bring it forward. We shouldn't massclaim without a reason, though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:42 am »

As for Sudgy's claim...it is possible that he claimed lover with no partner? I mean, I'd want to verify his claim, as the character he claimed is prettyyy scummy...but I don't want to out the second lover, either, if she really exists.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 09, 2013, 12:42:54 am »

We either have a missing kill (normal), or poisoning is the only method of killing for scum. That would actually balance out the abundance of lover pairs. This would also make nkirbit town for sure.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 09, 2013, 12:44:28 am »

Alright raerae, say that I whispered to you.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 09, 2013, 12:49:11 am »

Oh! I completely forgot that Sudgy got to whisper someone!!!

Awesome!

I'm assuming that since Raerae didn't say anything yet that means she didn't get a whisper (or is trying to frame Sudgy).

Excellent!!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:29 am »

Awesome!

I'm assuming that since Raerae didn't say anything yet that means she didn't get a whisper (or is trying to frame Sudgy).

Excellent!!

I whispered her to tell everybody that I could whisper (after I told people I whispered her, that's why she hasn't said anything yet).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 09, 2013, 12:55:42 am »

If Raerae claims to not have gotten the whisper, we should have Sudgy's lover claim to confirm, right? And then we've got either Raerae is scum vs. Sudgy AND his lover being scum.

Unless we've got a scum roleblocker who roleblocked Sudgy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 09, 2013, 12:56:06 am »

Awesome!

Excellent!!

Ok, cool. Hopefully she'll claim to have gotten it.

I whispered her to tell everybody that I could whisper (after I told people I whispered her, that's why she hasn't said anything yet).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 09, 2013, 12:56:41 am »

Oops, fixed

Awesome!

Excellent!!

Ok. Cool, hopefully she'll claim to have gotten it.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 09, 2013, 01:02:41 am »

Yeah, I got it.  I don't understand why you were explicit about you claiming before I do though.  Can you explain that?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 09, 2013, 01:08:24 am »

Yeah, I got it.  I don't understand why you were explicit about you claiming before I do though.  Can you explain that?

Some people were afraid that I could agree with some random person.  But, now that I think about it, some random person wouldn't claim to get a whisper...  Oh well, it doesn't matter much.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 09, 2013, 01:10:59 am »

Some people were afraid that I could agree with some random person.  But, now that I think about it, some random person wouldn't claim to get a whisper...  Oh well, it doesn't matter much.

I didn't have the opportunity to communicate with you.  What do you mean "agree"?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 09, 2013, 01:22:06 am »

Say, for some reason, some random dude said, "I got a whisper from sudgy!" when he didn't.  Scum!sudgy could say, "um, oh yeah, I did whisper you!" without ever whispering to anybody.  Now, the problem is that nobody other than another scum would say they got a whisper from me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 09, 2013, 03:21:35 am »

So, I've been thinking some on this...

Lio-X had the lover-cop power. While we got on their case for this, it DOES seem strange to have that power included if the only lovers included were Lio-Xeiron and Sudgy-unknown. Therefore, we can make the same assumption that Lio-X made, that there's 3 sets of lovers.

With this knowledge, lover-cop is pretty powerful. A positive result nails scum.

If there weren't scum in lover pairs, would there be a lover-cop included? Seems to not have all that much utility.

What we know: Nkirbit claimed non-lover. Nkirbit was the night kill. Sudgy doesn't know who his partner is.

What is there are two scum, and they're BOTH one-half of an unknown-lover pair. Sudgy is one scum, doesn't know who his lover is. Someone else is another scum, and also doesn't know who their lover is.

This would completely explain the Nkirbit kill. He's the one person who came out and claimed non-lover. Scum would be wary of possibly targetting their partners -- out of the remaining players (Mail-mi, Eevee, Raerae, EFHW, myself (one of these would be scum)), they have a 50% chance of hitting a scum partner if they aim blindly. But by killing (or poisoning) nkirbit, they have a 0% chance of hitting their scum partner.

This is solely set-up speculation, and not based off of reads of people, but this would make sense, and go along with the Nkirbit night kill. Also makes sense in terms of game balance, and the game not ending too quickly either way.

Setup would be:

Lio-Xeiron (lovers, town)
Sudgy (scum)-unknown (town)
unknown (scum) - unknown (town)
Nkirbit (town)
Unknown (town)
Unknown (town)

Probably not true, of course. One problem is that it becomes far too easy for the town part of the scum-town lover pairs to claim to sacrifice themselves. Perhaps one of the solo unknowns would also be scum in that case?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 09, 2013, 03:22:28 am »

Oops, second paragraph should be like the fifth paragraph in the thing above
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75  All

Page created in 1.72 seconds with 19 queries.