Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167689 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »

Thanks for doing that, here's things that stuck out to me from the re-read:

It does seem obvious from the intro that there are both mafia and town in this game, and those are the only two factions.  (Although a SK could exist.. I can't think of any in Shakespeare literature though... Titus Andronicus perhaps?)  A 7/2 split for town/mafia seems to be the only split that makes sense, or 6/2/SK.

There are probably some pretty insane roles, though (I hope there are!)  There could be a Puck character who causes characters to switch factions, or mistakenly target the wrong character at night, or some other form of puckish action.  Or Macbeth, a traitor, could be a town-aligned member who switches to the other faction when certain conditions are met (Perhaps there is a King Duncan, upon whose death Macbeth becomes a mafia member?  That'd be thematic!).  There are endless possibilities for cool roles.

Anyway, the proposed soft deadline works for me.  And thanks for the vote, Xeiron (not!)

Cursory reread, vote: liopoil. Feels a bit off. Town read on sudgy.
I do feel a bit off. This is my first RMM game, not sure what to do from here. maybe I'll go find a scummy person and vote for them.

This is my plan.  Until I have a reason not to, I'm going to treat it as a normal game.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here, first you're thinking of this game like a BM game, then a normal game.

Is it worth noting that mail-mi still hasn't answered raerae's question, despite being online since the point at which he said he would?

I actually don't find him particularly scummy for it.  I think a mafia would be much more certain to not let answering a question that they were asked, then reasked, than a town would.  It's just much more reasonable for a townie to forget to answer a question.

As I saw pointed out later, you added more to the first post.  I know as scum I've posted something then thought, "maybe that was a bad idea.  I should clarify better."  (And one time it led to my lynch...)

Lio, I didn't follow Pirates that closely either, but my view of it is that by refusing to answer questions, he doesn't make any posts that could be self-incriminating.  The best way to catch scum, especially Day 1, is by catching them in some sort of contradiction or extremely odd behavior... by never answering questions, scum can be much more sure that this will never happen.

You say that one of the best ways to catch scum is through contradictions, while you contradicted something earlier (it wasn't much, but it was something).

Your backing off of lio seemed strange...  That could be scum befriending a townie, or scum defending a partner (but still being on at some point for some towncred), or a townie thinking lio is town.

Also, you did OMGUS vote TA, which is generally considered scummy.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2013, 06:58:49 pm »

Sudgy, what makes nkirbit a better lynch than mail-mi or lio?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:26 pm »

I haven't noticed much pushing towards lio, if you could, could you bring up a case or something on him?

Also, the only against lio was him not answering the questions.  While that was somewhat scummy, I nkirbit has more for him than lio does.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:59 pm »

I haven't noticed much pushing towards lio, if you could, could you bring up a case or something on him?

Also, the only against lio was him not answering the questions.  While that was somewhat scummy, I nkirbit has more for him than lio does.

Here, I just pulled up your vote on mail-mi and your almost vote on lio.  The cases against them cases were remarkably similar.  Why was one a good vote and not the other?  Also, what do you mean you haven't noticed much pushing for lio?  Did you miss that part of the game where he was at L-2 with practically everybody ready to vote for him?

Mail-mi said he would answer raerae's question but hasn't.  Vote: mail-mi.

I was going to vote liopoil, but then you guys said he was at L-2, so I'll Vote: liopoil for now (not a real vote).  I agree that "missing" questions like that is pretty scummy.

So, lio, could you come in here and say something?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2013, 08:04:07 pm »

(1) :In regards to the contradiction you point out, I don't see how it is one.  In a normal game, you would generally start with theory, for example, what PRs do you think is in the game, should we claim (although we mostly skipped that here), RVS, stuff of that general persuasion.  Then you move onto things like players' reactions to RVS, reactions of that, then onto re-reads and developing cases.  I think that's the same for both Role Madness games and regular games, from my view at least.

By discussing what roles were in the game, I was just in that first theory part.  It was the early game, and we didn't have much to go on, and it was the first part of the normal progression of a game.  I just don't believe that those two statements are contradictory at all.  If this was a normal game, I would be having the same type of theory discussions.  The specific topic would be a little different, of course, but this game has followed the general flow I stated above, and I guess most games would.

(By the way, I didn't realize those were BM roles when I stated them... I have never played RMM or BM before so I wasn't exactly sure what the difference was).

(2) : I do agree, adding more to the first post is scummy-looking.  I don't have a defense here.

(3): As I stated above, I don't see those two posts as a contradiction.

(4): I don't know what OMGUS is, but I'll answer why I built a case on TA.  I re-read the game to defend his claim that I hadn't been particularly proactive, and discovered that I in fact had not been.  However, this was unintentional, so I skimmed others, including TA, and found that they also lacked pro-activeness.  I found it extremely odd that TA was calling me out as a scum for not meeting a criterion he himself did not meet, so I built a case on him.

You haven't said what you thought about my case on TA.  What do you think about it?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »

Raerae, what do you think of TA's case and my case?  You haven't commented on either.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2013, 08:12:19 pm »

I find TA's and sudgy's cases weak, and both of them scummy for presenting them and voting based on them.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »

Also, on lio, since I missed defending that the first point:

I still have a scumread on Lio.  I think some of the things he did were scummy, namely bringing up EFHW's history on a particular subject just to put it out there, and not being able to say why he had the reads he did when he was asked.  As to the issue of him not answering questions, I'm not sure.  It's odd, but I'm not sure it's scummy at this point.  For example, I nearly missed Sudgy asking me about Lio here!  It still could be, though, and is worth keeping in mind.

My reason for backing off Lio had less to do with a change in my read of Lio than it did looking at the situation Lio found himself in.  Over half the other players quickly ganged up on Lio, and after events in certain other games I've played, made me uneasy about the situation.  At that time, I wanted us to back off that bandwagon, because the wagon felt like a wagon that would form on a townie to me.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2013, 08:22:55 pm »

I'm going to restate this:  I think everyone should go back and re-read my case on TA and say what they think about it.  It's in posts #288 and #289, mostly.  I have a strong scumread on him.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

Vote: TwistedArcher

I read both of their cases, and while nkirbit's case has a bit of an OMGUS tone, I think that TA's case is really weak. Defending yourself isn't scummy. Ever.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:10 pm »

oh, and I felt like I should vote for one of the two, seeing as I think there's a good chance that at least one as scum. I think that perhaps, being brothers, they can read each other better? I know that isn't the case in mcmc-robz, but still.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:36 pm »

Vote: TwistedArcher

I read both of their cases, and while nkirbit's case has a bit of an OMGUS tone, I think that TA's case is really weak. Defending yourself isn't scummy. Ever.

Lio, that wasn't a part of my case, at all. That was Sudgy's case.

While I find Nkirbit scummy, I find him scummy for completely different reasons than Sudgy does. I'll go back and quote Sudgy's case and where I fall on each of Sudgy's points. Then I'll respond to Nkirbit's defense.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2013, 08:50:00 pm »

Thanks for doing that, here's things that stuck out to me from the re-read:

It does seem obvious from the intro that there are both mafia and town in this game, and those are the only two factions.  (Although a SK could exist.. I can't think of any in Shakespeare literature though... Titus Andronicus perhaps?)  A 7/2 split for town/mafia seems to be the only split that makes sense, or 6/2/SK.

There are probably some pretty insane roles, though (I hope there are!)  There could be a Puck character who causes characters to switch factions, or mistakenly target the wrong character at night, or some other form of puckish action.  Or Macbeth, a traitor, could be a town-aligned member who switches to the other faction when certain conditions are met (Perhaps there is a King Duncan, upon whose death Macbeth becomes a mafia member?  That'd be thematic!).  There are endless possibilities for cool roles.

Anyway, the proposed soft deadline works for me.  And thanks for the vote, Xeiron (not!)

Cursory reread, vote: liopoil. Feels a bit off. Town read on sudgy.
I do feel a bit off. This is my first RMM game, not sure what to do from here. maybe I'll go find a scummy person and vote for them.

This is my plan.  Until I have a reason not to, I'm going to treat it as a normal game.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here, first you're thinking of this game like a BM game, then a normal game.

I didn't see a problem with this. It could just be someone, who's never played RMM or BM before, hypothesizing the roles. Minor contradictions such as this aren't scummy, in my eyes.

Quote from: Sudgy
Is it worth noting that mail-mi still hasn't answered raerae's question, despite being online since the point at which he said he would?

I actually don't find him particularly scummy for it.  I think a mafia would be much more certain to not let answering a question that they were asked, then reasked, than a town would.  It's just much more reasonable for a townie to forget to answer a question.

As I saw pointed out later, you added more to the first post.  I know as scum I've posted something then thought, "maybe that was a bad idea.  I should clarify better."  (And one time it led to my lynch...)

I don't get much from this, easier. It's easy to write multiple posts stream of consciousness and then clarify -- I did it when I was town, I did it when I was scum.

Lio, I didn't follow Pirates that closely either, but my view of it is that by refusing to answer questions, he doesn't make any posts that could be self-incriminating.  The best way to catch scum, especially Day 1, is by catching them in some sort of contradiction or extremely odd behavior... by never answering questions, scum can be much more sure that this will never happen.

You say that one of the best ways to catch scum is through contradictions, while you contradicted something earlier (it wasn't much, but it was something).

Once again, a minor contradiction that anyone posting a lot will make. People who post a lot will have two posts that disagree with one another at some point -- that doesn't make them scum!

Your backing off of lio seemed strange...  That could be scum befriending a townie, or scum defending a partner (but still being on at some point for some towncred), or a townie thinking lio is town.

Also, you did OMGUS vote TA, which is generally considered scummy.

This is the only part I agree with. I think it's more likely scum buddying a townie. He had a scum read on Lio, then backed off, so if Lio gets lynched anyways, he can be on board saying that he opposed the lynch.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

oh yeah, your case was about how he isn't being confident in his reads or pushing them and stuff. I gotta disagree there, he's been much more active than many others. And you say he's been sorta inconsistant and backing off of stuff. I think he explained not pushing the case on me much very well. And changing your mind isn't always scummy, and I don't think it is here. He's grasping onto anything of any material at all, which is good at this point D1. many of those such things don't pan out at this point.

Hmmm, I might go for a sudgy lynch, not sure. I'll take a closer look soon.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2013, 08:54:44 pm »

I would not support a Sudgy lynch.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:58 pm »

Raerae, what do you think of TA's case and my case?  You haven't commented on either.

I'm not sold on either of them.  Your vote on him did feel like an OMGUS (oh my god you're stupid) vote.  What interests me is your rather loud reaction to two votes and a single case on you. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:56 pm »

oh, and I felt like I should vote for one of the two, seeing as I think there's a good chance that at least one as scum. I think that perhaps, being brothers, they can read each other better? I know that isn't the case in mcmc-robz, but still.

What?  Why?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Full - N0/Confirmation Phase)
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:08 pm »

Vote Count Act I.XII:

liopoil (1): raerae
mail-mi (1): EFHW
nkirbit (2): Twistedarcher, sudgy
Twistedarcher (2): nkirbit, liopoil

Not Voting (3): mail-mi, xeiron, Eevee

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

6 days have passed.

Act I ends on June 11 at 8:30 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2013, 09:14:28 pm »

I would not support a Sudgy lynch.

Why?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »

The reason that I haven't been stridently trying to bring people around to my view is that I'm not very confident in them.  I think they are more likely to be.  But say, by default, a person has a 25% chance to be scum (2 scum in 8, not including me.. if there are 2 scum.  The exact percentage doesn't matter).  My odds right now are at like 29/28/27/26/25/24/23/22 or some absurdly small range like that.  They are very small.  I don't really trust myself as a scum hunter at this point.  I'm still gathering information.

Keep in mind that I'll be around at the deadline, and will have more information then.  You could say that I could be voting someone to put pressure on them and create reactions, and perhaps you would be correct.  But I haven't, because I'm worried about mislynching.

I don't see why I should be expected to argue heavily for cases that I'm just not that sure of.

This is exactly what I mean about being reactive, rather than proactive. Town members WANT to find scum and lynch them. In order to win, we need to hunt down scum, and convince the majority of the players that their read is the correct one. Townies should trust themselves more than anyone else.

The bolded sentence doesn't make sense to me. Eevee, EFHW, and Xeiron, 3 people who Nkirbit said were slightly scum to him, were not anywhere near a lynch.

Scum are more likely to worry about a mislynch than town. Scum doesn't want to be on the wrong mislynch, as it's potentially incriminating. Town should be more concerned with lynching correctly, rather than avoiding mislynches.

You have your reads...EFHW, Eevee, Xeiron. Of course they're D1 reads and not rock solid, but if you feel they are more likely scum than anyone else (which you have stated that you feel), then try to bring people around to your point of view! You have said you wanted to get the game moving but didn't know how, this is a way to do it!

I was wrong when I said earlier you were playing proactively, you are playing much more cautiously than I thought you were before..

By doing what?  Stating why I had the views I had on those players?  I did that.  Would you prefer me to bully other players until they agreed?

No, I’d prefer you to build a case. Stating a scum read on someone is not building a case. You’re letting others form their own conclusions, which you then hope that they’ll be accountable for. It’s very easy to build a case, have people bandwagon that case, and then state “Yeah I thought it was scummy, but I wasn’t in favor of that lynch!” Once again, I think this is cautious play by scum afraid of being caught driving a bandwagon on a town member.

This is starting to sound more and more like a case of a player starting at a conclusion then looking for evidence to support that conclusion.  I think it's ridiculous to look at my posts so far and claim I've been any less proactive than yourself.  I stated a read on each player, and why I had that read.  I didn't vote for Lio because raerae had interrupted my posts by putting Lio at L-2, and we clearly don't want to put a player at L-1 without having more time to talk it out.

I just reread you.  Before your case on me, you weren't any more proactive than I was.  And I guess that if you looked at Lio, or mail-mi, or sudgy, or eevee, or xeiron, you would find the same lack of proactiveness.  I'm not sure about EFHW and raerae off the top of my head, but they may be that way as well.  It's day one!  It looked like you had me out as a target for a possible mislynch, then decided to build a case on me with your conclusion in mind.

The lack of proactiveness is in light of your other posts, many of which have opinions, but opinions that you're afraid to throw your weight behind. Yes, I haven't been that much more proactive than you, but I was willing to throw a vote on Lio for something I saw scummy, as was Raerae (which I find her towny for). You found him scummy, but didn't vote, and then changed your opinion (If you're town, it's truly cause you think it's a scum-driven wagon, but I believe it's a scum trying to gain town cred).

I think the reason that I'm the target here is because EFHW pointed out a great point against me:  When I made those two posts in a row.  I'll be the first to admit that that was legitimately scummy, and I was very careful in how I handled that situation.  I don't know if I did it well or not, but it's out there, and I think it's better evidence than anyone else has on them.

So basically, what I think happened here was:

1:  EFHW finds a scummy-looking series of posts that I made.  (They were legitimately scummy-looking, I agree, and am surprised more people didn't make an issue of them, to be honest).
2:  scum!twisted realizes that he's going to be away for the soft deadline, and wants to get his input in by making a solid case before he leaves.  He scans the thread, and picks his target!
3:  He makes a case, which he thinks looks okay, but I think is horrible.  You could have inserted several other players instead of me and the case would have read the same.
4:  He doesn't include the point that EFHW made earlier.  He hopes that after he makes his case, others will reread me and pick up on it, and connect the dots.

I don't think what EFHW quoted was particularly scummy -- clarifying yourself is fine! That post is the ONLY time someone had suspected you. For reference, I've included a list of posts that reference a view/vote on you:

Views regarding Nkirbit:

Xeiron RVS vote #76
Eevee says "kudos to Nkirbit for moving us forward #116
Xeiron RVS'd Nkirbit at random #117
Sudgy RVS (I think?) vote of Nkirbit #127
Lio - Nkirbit is not slightly slighty slgithy anything #140
#204 Lio - once again Nkirbit null
#205 Lio leans town because of high content
#210 EFHW's suspicion
#239 TA mixed on Nkirbit
#245 Xeiron townread on Nkirbit
#246 Mail-mi townread on Nkirbit
#274 Lio townread on Nkirbit
#282 Mail-mi townread on Nkirbit again   

I'm not reading into Xeiron's vote, and I think Sudgy's was RVS, as well. If you are saying that between #210, where EFHW's suspicion was, and between my case, we had three different players pronounce you as a town read. If you think I'm scum going for an easy mislynch, do you really think I'd pick you? I think you are scum, which is why I brought up the case.

In summary, I think your case is bad because it's very vague.  You could have made the same case against any number of players (including yourself!).  I think it's fishy that you chose to make this case against a player who had an example of being scummy in the past, rather than someone else.

The case wasn't on a lack of contribution -- it was a lack of contribution to scumhunting in light of all of your other posts. Making reads, but not throwing your weight behind them, is something that I find scummy in you.

Why did you choose to reread me rather than someone else?  As you said yourself: 
I was wrong when I said earlier you were playing proactively, you are playing much more cautiously than I thought you were before..
You had me as playing proactively earlier, and then changed your mind (presumably by rereading).  Why did you reread me, and not another player you had a town read on?
[/quote]

Your list of reads, and your vote changing on Liopoil, alerted me. I had originally thought that you WERE proactive, as you were getting your views out there. But as time moved on and you didn't place your vote anywhere, even on one of your scum reads, or attempt to build a case at all, I got curious.

I am mixed on Nkirbit. While he's definitely active and trying to move the game further, he would definitely become more active rather than less active as scum. He's playing very, very proactively at parts.

I don't know why you think I would become more active as scum.  Was this just a guess?  And how do you feel about this statement now that I've been less proactive, by whatever inconsistent definition you decided to use.

It's not a guess -- I know you pretty well! I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

You are very active, but less proactive. As I stated above, I was fooled at first, but when I went back and re-read you, my view changed.

My question for you - why were you uncomfortable pointing out something that might make mail-mi look scummy, to the point where you made an extra post saying you didn't find him scummy?

I think the first post was incomplete.  I generally don't like when players bring up issues without giving their views on it... it comes off to me as trying to direct the conversation a certain direction without having it be tied back to you.  I think it would be hypocritical of me to not meet my own standards, so I added more.  I would have made it one post had I done it again, but I can't edit, so double-posting was the best I could do.

This seems like you're a little too over-concerned with someone calling you out for doing exactly that.

So you acknowledged that you saw this post, and found it scummy, yet you didn't bring it up in your case against me.  Why not?  Did you forget it?  I find it hard to believe, as you said you just re-read, and you had trouble believing that Lio could miss several posts.  If you're town!TA hunting scum, don't you want to dump all the evidence you have into your case?  Why did you leave this out?
[/quote]

Because it's not the main reason I find you scummy. Yes, I forgot about it, as it wasn't my main point. I want a short, to-the-point case, that drives the main points home (which I failed at in this post, heh).

Quote from: Nkirbit
I have a question for Ashersky (and I guess Raerae can weigh in too):

I want to look back at Nkirbit's behavior in Mean Girls, since it's his only other game. But the game's still ongoing, although he's dead. Am I allowed to look at his behavior there and compare it to his behavior here, and post about it? Or is that taboo since Mean Girls is still ongoing?

Why was this a post and not a PM?  Did you want this to be public information so that someone else would beat you to making a case against me?  I guess no one took your bait, so you had to do it yourself.

I just had a question, and I asked it in game. I didn't think how I asked it was important (PM vs. Post), and I still don't think that. I wouldn't bait, or expect, someone to go read another game based on this -- this was for my benefit, not for anyone else's.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »

Can you summarize that, please?  I'm already reading one book and don't want to start a second.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:03 pm »

I had stuff to say about his case, so I said that.  And while defending myself, I started to feel like he was scummy, so I looked into it, realized that he's probably scum, and worked to convince other players about it.

I had never pushed a case like this before because I had never felt as strongly about a player being scum as I do about TA now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »

Can you summarize that, please?  I'm already reading one book and don't want to start a second.

Nkirbit has been playing reactive, not proactive. He gets his reads out there, but doesn't want to vote on a wagon, in case he is found in a scummy position lynching a town member. Despite having scum reads, he never pushed a case on any of them, yet has posted quite a bit. He's sitting back instead of scumhunting, and has yet to build a case this game (building a case goes beyond making reads).

He accuses me of lynching him as an "easy target", yet most of the people in the game have declared a town read on him. His rebuttal to my case on him (that others haven't been proactive, either) is true, but misses the point. His case on me is almost entirely based on that he thinks I built a bad case on him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »

I had stuff to say about his case, so I said that.  And while defending myself, I started to feel like he was scummy, so I looked into it, realized that he's probably scum, and worked to convince other players about it.

I had never pushed a case like this before because I had never felt as strongly about a player being scum as I do about TA now.

Do you have a case on me other than that my case on you is (your words) terrible?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:11 pm »

Raerae, can you post a list of your reads, please? I feel as though you've been in the position of asking questions rather than answering them.

How do you feel about Nkirbit's and Eevee's arguments that Lio is town because so many people were willing to vote him?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 16 queries.