Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167679 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »

I'll note that while xeiron and eevee are the lowest, they're actually even lower. xeiron has 6, eevee has 3.

xeiron has been v/la since Thursday and will be until Sunday.  Eevee is v/la now through Monday, but that just started yesterday.  Did someone say he's been busy?  3 posts is a very low profile.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2013, 12:04:43 pm »

So out of the 8 non-lio players, 6 have already either voted for him, say they're going to, or said he's one of their top scum reads.  I don't think we'd see such a strong support for this lynch if Lio was scum.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm never voting RVS again!  This happens every time  -- you make a flimsy pretext vote to keep things going and next thing you know you're on record as voting against the person.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »

Does town!raerae or scum!raerae usually as more questions?

Does town!mail-mi or scum!mail-mi usually avoid my questions?

mail-mi, I challenge you to do something more than agree with the SD.  What are your thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit?
Oh missed that. Currently going to a movie, answer when on a computer.
please explain to me how this is any different than what I said.

I think they are different!  Mail-mi acknowledged the question, what, a day and a half ago, yet still hasn't answered it!  As soon as it was pointed out that you missed questions, you immediately answered them.  All I think you're guilty of is not reading thoroughly.  I'm starting to rethink my views on mail-mi
The question was to raerae. I would like raerae to explain why I am more scummy than mail-mi for missing a question.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »

Is it worth noting that mail-mi still hasn't answered raerae's question, despite being online since the point at which he said he would?
I actually don't find him particularly scummy for it.  I think a mafia would be much more certain to not let answering a question that they were asked, then reasked, than a town would.  It's just much more reasonable for a townie to forget to answer a question.

My question for you - why were you uncomfortable pointing out something that might make mail-mi look scummy, to the point where you made an extra post saying you didn't find him scummy?

I think the first post was incomplete.  I generally don't like when players bring up issues without giving their views on it... it comes off to me as trying to direct the conversation a certain direction without having it be tied back to you.  I think it would be hypocritical of me to not meet my own standards, so I added more.  I would have made it one post had I done it again, but I can't edit, so double-posting was the best I could do.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2013, 12:15:12 pm »

EFHW & kermit, do you find lio's explanation of "missing" my questions adequate?  What other thoughts do you have on that situation?

I'm assuming I'm kermit, I guess?

Yes, I somewhat do, actually.  I do agree with the argument that it doesn't make sense for Lio to ignore the questions if he were scum.. surely the attention brought on him was much heavier from ignoring than questions than simply asking the questions would have been.  This is a different case than mail-mi, as mail-mi actually acknowledged the question, yet still didn't answer later!  I can see lio entirely missing the questions, and at this point I would guess that's what happened.

I'm also uneasy with how this whole situation is developing.  Eevee, Raerae, and TA have already voted for Lio, Sudgy has stated intent to, I've said he's one of my two top reads, and EFHW has previously voted Lio.  So out of the 8 non-lio players, 6 have already either voted for him, say they're going to, or said he's one of their top scum reads.  I don't think we'd see such a strong support for this lynch if Lio was scum.

Yeah, you're kermit, sorry.  It's not unusual to bus a teammate day 1, especially an early bus and getting stuck on wagon.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2013, 12:18:25 pm »

Is it more unusual in a game this small?  I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking.  I don't have nearly the mafia experience and therefore theory knowledge of most of you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »

mail-mi, I challenge you to do something more than agree with the SD.  What are your thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit?

I think they are different!  Mail-mi acknowledged the question, what, a day and a half ago, yet still hasn't answered it!  As soon as it was pointed out that you missed questions, you immediately answered them.  All I think you're guilty of is not reading thoroughly.  I'm starting to rethink my views on mail-mi
The question was to raerae. I would like raerae to explain why I am more scummy than mail-mi for missing a question.

You NEED to start reading me.

This difference is his was one question and yours was four...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2013, 12:20:24 pm »

EFHW & kermit, do you find lio's explanation of "missing" my questions adequate?  What other thoughts do you have on that situation?

I'm assuming I'm kermit, I guess?

Yes, I somewhat do, actually.  I do agree with the argument that it doesn't make sense for Lio to ignore the questions if he were scum.. surely the attention brought on him was much heavier from ignoring than questions than simply asking the questions would have been.  This is a different case than mail-mi, as mail-mi actually acknowledged the question, yet still didn't answer later!  I can see lio entirely missing the questions, and at this point I would guess that's what happened.

I'm also uneasy with how this whole situation is developing.  Eevee, Raerae, and TA have already voted for Lio, Sudgy has stated intent to, I've said he's one of my two top reads, and EFHW has previously voted Lio.  So out of the 8 non-lio players, 6 have already either voted for him, say they're going to, or said he's one of their top scum reads.  I don't think we'd see such a strong support for this lynch if Lio was scum.

Yes, this is true -- but at the same time, this isn't a bandwagon where everyone's out with their pitchforks, saying we're all going to lynch Lio, and won't look at anything else. I think 6 of 8 people have said they find it suspicious because it IS slightly suspicious -- we're all looking at the same thing and saying, hmm, that's strange...and stating that we find it strange! No one is willing to put the wagon to L-1 though, which is pretty justified, since it's still well before the deadline.

If Lio = scum, then probably 7 out of 8 of those people are town (or at least not on Lio's team). I don't think that it's unreasonable for most of those people to pick up on the same reason. Hell, I think if he's town, there'd probably be scum who want to defend him in the face of everyone else's suspicions.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2013, 12:21:56 pm »

Is it worth noting that mail-mi still hasn't answered raerae's question, despite being online since the point at which he said he would?
I actually don't find him particularly scummy for it.  I think a mafia would be much more certain to not let answering a question that they were asked, then reasked, than a town would.  It's just much more reasonable for a townie to forget to answer a question.

My question for you - why were you uncomfortable pointing out something that might make mail-mi look scummy, to the point where you made an extra post saying you didn't find him scummy?

I think the first post was incomplete.  I generally don't like when players bring up issues without giving their views on it... it comes off to me as trying to direct the conversation a certain direction without having it be tied back to you.  I think it would be hypocritical of me to not meet my own standards, so I added more.  I would have made it one post had I done it again, but I can't edit, so double-posting was the best I could do.

This seems like you're a little too over-concerned with someone calling you out for doing exactly that. 

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »

This seems like you're a little too over-concerned with someone calling you out for doing exactly that.

I'm concerned with not looking scummy, because I don't want to be mislynched.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

So I'm saying that:

A) it's perfectly plausible that I missed the questions
B) if I didn't miss them, ignoring them and claiming to have missed them doesn't make sense even as scum. therefore, I must have missed them.

Hmm, this is true. I think, especially that they're coming from Raerae, you KNOW that she's going to get her answer. So if you see it, you're going to answer it at first.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2013, 12:25:02 pm »

So I'm saying that:

B) if I didn't miss them, ignoring them and claiming to have missed them doesn't make sense even as scum. therefore, I must have missed them.

Hmm, this is true. I think, especially that they're coming from Raerae, you KNOW that she's going to get her answer. So if you see it, you're going to answer it at first.

Have we played together?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »

agree with nkirbit that it isn't unreasonable.

hmm, okay, but why is more than one question different? they were all in a row, and I answered them right away, whereas mail-mi said he'd do it later (has he done it yet?)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »

are there any reasons people find me scummy besides missing raerae's questions?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2013, 12:28:43 pm »

well, I read the whole very short thread, and based off hardly anything:

slight slight slight scum: EFHW, eevee
slight slight slight town: xeiron, raerae, sudgy.

nkirbit, TA, and mail-mi aren't even slightly slightly slightly slightly anything.

Why isn't nkirbot anything? I get me and mail mi since we've contributed nothing but you should have some read one way or another on nkirbit for his vote of efhw. He's been probably the most active contributor thus far.
TA, nkirbit never voted for EFHW, I just checked. Agree he has been the most active and trying to find something to work with D1. Why did you think nkirbit voted for EFHW? what do you think of nkirbit? I lean town after reading him, because of high content.

Sorry, I had thought he voted when I wrote that, I guess -- mixed voting up with his calling her out.

I am mixed on Nkirbit. While he's definitely active and trying to move the game further, he would definitely become more active rather than less active as scum. He's playing very, very proactively at parts. I think his town-read on Sudgy was slightly artificial (Towny because he sheeped a few votes, just as he did in another game?). He could definitely be scum trying really hard to get town points, but I don't really have any reason to think so other than a slight suspicion at this point. Slight scum read for me.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »

agree with nkirbit that it isn't unreasonable.

hmm, okay, but why is more than one question different? they were all in a row, and I answered them right away, whereas mail-mi said he'd do it later (has he done it yet?)

You didn't read the thread until you had to.  You missed four questions directed at you.  Mail-mi isn't off the hook for not answering my question, trust me, I'll get around to him.  I find it incredibly odd that you did not answer multiple questions directed at you and I don't find your explanation particularly satisfying.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:39 pm »

So I'm saying that:

Have we played together?

Nope, but I have read one of your games, and I know that you don't let questions that you want answered go unanswered :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »

Also, raerae, I double-checked and only found 3 questions to me, the rest were directed to someone else. what is the fourth question?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

Also, raerae, I double-checked and only found 3 questions to me, the rest were directed to someone else. what is the fourth question?

I asked you three, EFHW (correct me if I'm wrong) asked you a fourth.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

Mail-mi said he would answer raerae's question but hasn't.  Vote: mail-mi.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2013, 03:16:21 pm »

I am starting to get a town read on nkirbit, so it is time for me to unvote.
I will try to actually contribute on monday, when I have some time again.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »

On mobile so not a full post, but here goes:

Nkirbit: Has a good number of posts with townie content. Mostly town read.

Xeiron: has a really low post count, slight scum read just because of the lurking.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2013, 05:06:52 pm »

Mail-mi, answer my question. 

Mail-mi, answer this one too:  Why did you say you're OK with the soft-deadline when you're going to be v/la all week?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2013, 05:09:48 pm »

Mail-mi, answer my question. 

Mail-mi, answer this one too:  Why did you say you're OK with the soft-deadline when you're going to be v/la all week?
I did. You asked for my thoughts on xeiron and nkirbit. And I kind of forgot about my trip when we were talking about it. I would rather it changed, but if we want to save more banked days I'm fine with it staying.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »

unvote with a wagon this size for reasons this nonexistent, I really don't think lio is town.

This is not going to be my big catch up post, still visiting family way up north. Side note, the sun practically doesn't go down at all this time of the year which is just so freaking awesome. This place is beautiful.

Anyways, I appreciate how well everyone is taking my VLA. I'd never lie about a thing like this, but I do realize I'm a very heavy undercontributor here, and I'm sorry. I'll make sure to make up for it later, I do strongly believe I'll be an asset to the town later.

Liopoil probably being town is my biggest input at the moment, the people I want to take a look at would be raerae and especially twistedarcher.

Again, sorry I've been absent and thanks for understanding. I'm town and will do my best to make up for the lost time when I get home. Feeling good about this game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.