Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224117 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14:18 am »

sparky doesn't seem scummy to me, he was in support of the kooshie lynch without voting, but it wasn't like a I kinda support this but don't want it to go through. Eevee mentioned it seemed as though he was scum trying to push the lynch through without voting, which would be crazy for scum to do on a scum partner.

Now insom
Got it so everytime I have a weekend I'm gonna get voted for even when I am just as active as everyone else. Just vote me out of this game already this is ridiculous.

Anyways having looked back. Vote: Sudgy

I think he is the most likely to be scum.

Okay, angry as town. I get it, I get angry as town as well, but this?!
You have 16 posts in a game with 700. One of them is you correcting yourself(CPU autocorrect) and 3 are you complaining that sudgy couldn't be bothered to remember or look back at your post voting for him, I'll consider that one post of content.
Lastly you sum everything up with the quote above where I underline something which you cannot even pretend is remotely true.
I'm happy to vote insom as well, unless he decides he wants to play this game.

Going to reread yuma later, not enough time to do it now and a bit exhausted, I don't think theres anything he could have done except claim scum that would mae me want to vote him over Jimm/insom. Also people being worried we are being pushed toward Jimm/insom. Well it's just as likely it's because they are playing insanely scummy games.

The underlined statement is true, on the weekend I was just as active as anyone else in this game. Try not to take my post out of context.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 28, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »

vote: mail-mi

I still think jimmmm is a good lynch but man that was really really bad.

Obvious play is obvious.

But isn't it obvious bad town play?

I would put the odds at about 50/50 town/scum, but lean more on the side of being obvious scum play than obvious town play. Say 60/40.

To me it looked like genuine panic from mail-mi about even being considered to be a lynch candidate for today. I tend to think that sort of genuine panic is more scummy than townie.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 28, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »

ugh, I don't care is that was stupid on mail-mi's part. Doesn't mean hes scum in any way. Yuma voting for him after saying nothing could make him look at on-wagoners...thats scummy.

This is false. I never said nothing could make me look off-wagon. This is what I said.
Like I said before I am not considering kooshie voters for today's lynch. I am not ignoring them and if something super crazy bad came up I would be very willing to vote for them, but nothing has and I continue to think that it is more likely that 2 or even 3 of the remaining scum were off wagon whereas I think it very unlikely that 1 or 0 were off wagon. Add in that I am off-wagon and that shrinks my pool significantly, add further evidence that out of everyone in the entire game I think mcmc and Jimmmm are being the most scummy and it immediately becomes apparent that off-wagon is the place to vote today.

I think mail-mi's over reaction classifies as crazy bad. I think it has a greater odds of hitting scum than even the Jimmmm lynch, which I still think is pretty good.

You seem to have a little bit of a tunnel vision going on this game in regard to me.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:36 pm »

This is the same Mail-mi who looked to panic Day1 because Insom got a few votes on him Day 1 (even though other people had more), so its consistent.

It it were not so obvious I would put forward a Mail-mi/insom/Jimmm scum team. But that would be far too Easy, and this game isnt Easy
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 28, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »

about 6 hours left Jimmmmm.....

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 28, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

mail-mi, are you still voting for me intentionally?
Yeah, but you are seeming more towny now that your back. Vote: Insomniac

Now that he's back??  What thread have you been reading?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »

I spy.... Jimmmmmm! online!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:29 pm »

Hi.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:59 pm »

Caught up. I don't think Jimmm is scum, he is frankly better at playing scum than this.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:06 pm »

Well I'm almost out of time, and it seems trying to do a full re-read is not particularly helpful. I know I deserve to be lynched, and I'm sorry to all the other Townies out there for my lack of contributions. I'm Town and if you don't lynch me I will definitely contribute more from now on, and if you do then I'll probably do a full map-claim since I think if I'm to be lynched that will potentially help Town more than scum. I'm now abandoning my full re-read in favour of re-reading Kooshie and then trying to address what people have said about me and then picking a potential scum or two to re-read.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:18 pm »

Well I'm almost out of time, and it seems trying to do a full re-read is not particularly helpful. I know I deserve to be lynched, and I'm sorry to all the other Townies out there for my lack of contributions. I'm Town and if you don't lynch me I will definitely contribute more from now on, and if you do then I'll probably do a full map-claim since I think if I'm to be lynched that will potentially help Town more than scum. I'm now abandoning my full re-read in favour of re-reading Kooshie and then trying to address what people have said about me and then picking a potential scum or two to re-read.

I think a map claim would benefit scum.  You would just be telling them a whole bunch of stuff.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #836 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:49 pm »

lio gets Town points for starting the Kooshie lynch, yuma gets scum points for this:

it seems to me that there is a big fuss on Yuma... can someone explain it to me?  it seems to be mostly people getting suspicious, but then saying that they aren't good at reading Yuma.  That is called hedging, right?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 28, 2013, 11:55:14 pm »

I think a map claim would benefit scum.  You would just be telling them a whole bunch of stuff.

But given they know 3-4 times as much as any one Townie, there's a good chance I'd be telling them things they already know. Also, say I know where a pro-Town item is. There's a 75% chance that a Townie who will be alive tomorrow is closer to it than scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 29, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

Off Wagon: mcmc, Jimmmm, Insomniac, sparky and yuma

MCMC has been quite a bit of scum lately, we all know how good Insomniac is. Yuma obvious is not new. Sparky I remmeber has been quite a bit.

Which leaves me most suspicious of Jimmm out of that bunch.

1. Jimm   - Scum lean for being off lynch all day (and possibly newbie scum?). Could be diff timezone to other scum team.

I just want to reiterate that this is a terrible argument. Maybe there are three people in this game who are silly enough to NK a newbie who was a viable mislynch for no good reason. I'm not one of them. If I was scum then I had a very good reason to kill xeiron. I suspect that scum did have a good reason, but please don't buy the argument that I haven't been scum for a while and therefore must have accidentally made an obviously bad choice.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 29, 2013, 12:28:15 am »

vote: Jimm just did a reread, omg he super scummy.

Really? "omg he super scummy"?

He makes a few posts about map claim and backs down when he realizes what pillage does.

What exactly did I back down from? You make it sound like I was having a big argument about it and finally conceded.  Really I just said what I thought might be good for Town, and then realised it wasn't. That should be a nullread.

Pushes the fact that people who go out of their way to seem townie are scummy. Really slight way of casting mass suspicion on targets that have nothing to do with actually being scummy.
Mentions doing something for the sake of town cred is scummy which I agree about but honestly doesn't do anything but gain him town cred...

Both of these are pretty much the same. Do you agree with them or was it just to cast mass suspicion? The fact is, Towncred is way more important for scum than for Town. The only time a Towny should be really concerned with how much Towncred they have is if they're looking like being lynched, whereas Towncred is 90% of a scum's game. The point of what I said was not to give myself Towncred, it was referring to a particular style of play by a particular person, ash.

Vote's raerae for lurking as a joke in post #347. He himself had not posted for 114 posts, and goes on to not post for 50 posts(has one post in between saying he is behind and will catch up)

I know, I'm hilarious right?

talks about the matter at hand again(its a new day) that xieron was a weird lynch.

That wasn't the matter at hand until I mentioned it.

apologizes for lurking, and says him being newbie scum is a bad argument because he pointed out xieron was a wierd kill. Everyone knew it was a wierd kill, he just said it first and then used that to defend himself later, scummy to me.

The point was that I knew it was a weird kill. If I made the kill because I was newbie scum who had no idea who to kill and randomly picked xeiron, then I wouldn't know it was a weird kill would I?

He still has not done any scum hunting or adding to the conversation, nor done a reread about anything.

This is your only good point. I hate to fall back on Robz' old "I'm so scummy I'm obvTown" argument though, but I'd be way to scared to not put opinions down if I was scum.

When he brings up a new topic, should the person we lynch mapclaim? second time he has brought up claiming.

Just something I thought of, and there'd be no real point doing this if I was scum, since you just wouldn't believe me.

If he isn't scum I am going to be extremely sad.

If you're Town, then I'm sorry, this is your unlucky day. If you're scum, then you're making a really easy argument and I've pretty much handed you a good mislynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:53 am »

unofficial vote count:

Jimm (5) -- Ozle, liopoil, mcmcsalot, sudgy, Jorbles {L-3}
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
mcmcsalot (1) -- Eevee
mail-mi (1) -- yuma
Jorbles (1) -- ashersky
Insomniac (1) -- mail-mi

Not Voting (4) -- sparky5856, Jimm, Lekkit, raerae

So who would you vote for Jimmmm--same question to lekkit, raerae and sparky

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:05 am »

Ok... I am guessing that is all Jimmmm is going to give us? Is there a better lynch candidate than him at this point. I am still highly wary of mail-mi, but no one else is looking that way with me.

Others have suggested Insomniac. I disagree with his lynch, as have others.

Others have suggested sparky. I don't see how his lynch would be any better than Jimmmm. The main argument against Jimmmm is basically that if he were scum he would be playing a better game than he has been. I think this is a super crappy argument.

Other options? Jorbles and mcmc have been mentioned, and Insomniac is voting for sudgy. mcmc is the only one that compares to Jimmmm and I would support his lynch at this point, but there seems to be less of a push on him than seem. The other two do not seem any better than Jimmm.

Post count time:
Jimmm - 46
ozle - 81
sudgy - 45
mcmc - 55
lio - 134
yuma - 56
eevee - 36
ashersky - 56
sparky - 37
mail-mi - 57
lekkit - 22
raerae - 40
jorbles - 41
insomniac - 18

Compare this to:
Day1 post count

1. Jimm: 35
2. raerae: 26
3. yuma: 29
4. ashersky: 42
5. Insomniac: 10
6. Eevee: 21
7. Jorbles: 15
8. liopoil: 92
9. sparky5856: 26
10. mcmcsalot: 32
11. sudgy: 33
12. xeiron: 13
13. Lekkit: 16
14. Ozle: 65
15. Kooshie: 38
16. mail-mi: 39

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 29, 2013, 11:56:47 am »

people I would like to see contribute more--not because I think they are scummy necessarily, but because I think town needs their input to find scum and because both are good, solid players--Lekkit and Insomniac. I know that life is busy guys, and I am not insisting that you post more, because hey, this is just a game. But if you do have the time I would love to hear what you both have to say a little more in depth. Thanks!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 29, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »

Yuma, I really don't want to vote for jimmmmm because I really think he'd flip town.  I am with you on mail-mi but want to read him again to solidify that. If I don't get that in tonight, I'll have time tomorrow morning.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 29, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.  Actually, not many people have put in reads.  So, Lekkit, why point at me?
Raerae: Not much of a read, kinda towny.  Is Jimm's vote still on her?  I can't remember the reason.  At one point he voted her just because she said not to, if they were voting because of lurking.
Ashersky: Right now all I can think of is his tells.  He's pretty much stopped doing that, but it might take a little before something more solid enters my mind.
Liopoil: ahhh, him.  Don't like how he's tunneling and won't say for a second that I might possibly be town.  How can he be so sure?  Oh, yeah, if I get lynched and flip town, he's in a teensy bit of trouble.  He seems surer than he should be, though.
Jorbles: town vibes, but a bit of sheeping might have been in there.  Nothing serious, though.
Mail-mi: Sheeeeeeeeeeeepy.
Lekkit: also rather sheeping liopoil.  When he said he like liopoil's case on me and defended it, he still didn't vote for me.  He did soon after, but why not then?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 29, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »

I'm not buying the "Jimmmmm is the only one dumb enough to NK xeiron" arguement (okay, exagerated a little). I think xeiron was NKed because scum thought he had found a PR item or something, making it a not-dumb move. Also, Jimmmmm isn't dumb... and even if that is the sort of thing only Jimmmmm would do, he would have two other buddies to talk him out of it. The xeiron NK doesn't incriminate Jimmmmm at all. I'll re-read xeiron, see if he had any strong reads.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 29, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

oh hey, I was xeiron's biggest scumread...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:19 pm »

Unvote. The recent discussion has lessened my scumread on Jimmmmm to the extent that I don't think he's the best lynch. re-evaluating.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 29, 2013, 02:38:34 pm »

I'm not buying the "Jimmmmm is the only one dumb enough to NK xeiron" arguement (okay, exagerated a little). I think xeiron was NKed because scum thought he had found a PR item or something, making it a not-dumb move. Also, Jimmmmm isn't dumb... and even if that is the sort of thing only Jimmmmm would do, he would have two other buddies to talk him out of it. The xeiron NK doesn't incriminate Jimmmmm at all. I'll re-read xeiron, see if he had any strong reads.

I feel like you are taking the inverse of this argument. I don't think anyone has said, "it was dumb to kill xeiron. Jimmm is the only one dumb enough." Rather Jimmmm attempted to use that as a defense, that he wouldn't be dumb enough to NK xeiron. But doesn't that hold for everyone--especially anyone that has ever played as mafia before, which just about includes everyone in this game! So it isn't that I think Jimmmm is dumb enough to NK xeiron. But rather that for whatever reason killing xeiron was a good move!

From my point of view, killing xeiron wasn't the best night kill choice... but I don't know everything that is going on in this game.
FAQ #3

Remember that some players may have access to much less--or much more--information than you. This may make their lies seem more credible or their truths less credible. Or vice versa. Be on your guard.

Jimmm using that argument as a defense makes no sense... or rather it makes no sense to give it any legitimacy, because anyone can use it. I could use it, Ozle could use it, lio could use it. etc...

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:58 pm »

Woah woah woah, a lot of people are unvoting because Jimmmmm has quoted me saying I thought he was newbie scum, that was NOT the case and has since been clarified!

I picked Jimmm out of the off wagoners orginally because he was lurking, and because the OTHERS may have been newbie scum and Jimmm wasnt around to guide them.

Aint NOBODY has said jimmm is bad scum, thats just blatantly untrue. And the ludicrus stating that the case against him is because he has not been scum for a while.  And jimmm using it as a defence and you all following along like sheep is very very worrying!!

Anyways, this day I am happy to lynch :
Insomiac for posting a whole total of 18 posts for the end of day 2. His fake anger. The worry panic of mail-mi on Day 1
Sparky - Where is he? Has he done anything this game?
Mail-mi - most suspicious ON the Kooshie wagon, others have listed reasons for that. Panic defence of insom day1 (with now being the only one voting Insom, seems to me to be a reactionary vote to critiscm
Jimmmm - Most suscpious off wagon at the start of the Day. He 'im not newbie scum' defence was completely made up

I could be convinced to vote for:
 MCMC if someone can build a case as he is next on my scum list.
Ashersky has been real quiet today as well, thats unusual for Ashersky isnt it?

Didn't we try to get a soft deadline going?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.