Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224088 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2013, 12:17:07 pm »

ins, do you then disagree with robz in that lurking is what I'd do as scum?

With Robz?

I think you'd lurk as scum or be active as scum, I don't think you have a set meta for how you play scum.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2013, 03:05:57 pm »

With Robz?

I think you'd lurk as scum or be active as scum, I don't think you have a set meta for how you play scum.
Robz thinks I wouldn't lurk as scum (I think he is right), ozle apparwntly thinks everyone knows I lurk as scum. Well, I don't think I'll prove my towniness with this particular self-meta argument either way.

I think what Lekkit is saying about kooshie makes sense too.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2013, 03:17:25 pm »

With Robz?

Robz thinks I wouldn't lurk as scum (I think he is right), ozle apparwntly thinks everyone knows I lurk as scum. Well, I don't think I'll prove my towniness with this particular self-meta argument either way.

I think what Lekkit is saying about kooshie makes sense too.

Lekkit is just sheeping Lipoli though. And you are sheeping Lekkit.

The case is not strong.
One of the arguments is that kooshie has been busy defending, well thats a plus point in my book! When people are accused before they have hardly said anything they SHOULD post a defense to those things if they are town to help shift the attention on someone who might not be town!

Lekkit says that Kooshie has not posted any thing of substance, well the same applies to you Lekkit, I dont remember anything of substance you have said this game apart from agree with Lipoli.
You may have said something, but none of it has stuck in my mind.

I* think Lipoli is more wrong than scummy, the only thing that lipoli has done that is scummy is get unnecessarily worried about the Insomniac lynch, and that only becomes scummy if Insomniac is scummy.[

ok, this has even more convinced me that Eevee is dodgy. You know you have lurked as scum, you actively toned down your activity as scum in my last game. I know you dont actively post as much as scum, and more importantly you know that I know that,

Good Enough for me to keep my vote on Eevee to be honest! Its not a massive thing, but its better than nothing at the moment.

Its day 1, im not adverse to lynching anyone to be honest, but I REALLY dislike people claiming they have good or strong cases based on such flimsy flimsy stuff.

Actually I take that back, I dont want to lynch Sudgy because he knows where a gold key is, and if he can buy that somehow then we will know he is town AND have cheaper access to Gold Rooms. Of course he might be scum, but its a null read on that for him, so the fact he may get us good stuff later makes him less of a good lynch candidate than anyone else.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2013, 03:30:59 pm »

@Ozle: I've never seen scum propose a scum-pair day 1. Have you?

All the more reason for scum to do it? It's not really much of a defense. (Note I still think liopoil is town, but I don't think this is a good road to follow.)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

With Robz?

I want Insomniac to contribute more. I am as happy with an Insomniac lynch at this point as a Kooshie lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.8

mail-mi (1) -- mcmcsalot
liopoil (3)  -- yuma, raerae, ashersky
ashersky (1) -- Lekkit
raerae (1) -- Jimm
Kooshie (4) -- liopoil, Eevee, Jorbles, sudgy
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Eevee (1) -- Ozle
No Lynch (1) -- xeiron

Not Voting (3) -- sparky5856, Kooshie, mail-mi

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is April 26th at 7:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »

@Oze: The only opinion Kooshie has offered on any other player is that she thinks lio is probably town. That's not much to go on. That's not really how you help town. You help town by expressing your reads, not telling town that you will reread, and then stay silent about it. And after that she talks about setting asoft deadline on wednesday. That's tomorrow. And she hasn't really helped anything.

I don't really agree with you about the defensive part. It's good to defend yourself, but if it's the only thing you do, it's not.

Actually, Vote: Kooshie

@Jorbles: I don't know how experienced lio is, but I haven't seen him around much earlier. That's a pretty fds meta intense bluff to pull. And if you haven't been around for a long time you wouldn't do that as scum. I think it's genuine.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2013, 05:43:38 pm »

Hold it, when did I suggest a scumteam? I also do not think that suggesting a scumteam D1 is particularly towny. I mentioned scumteams a couple times in another dinner party as scum. I think it's silly to talk about scum teams until at least one scum is dead in this game.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »

are you perhaps reffering to when I mentioned mail-mi and sudgy doing things at the same time? I think that's a bit too obvious if they were a scumteam. I actually think it's more likely that mail-mi is scum and sudgy town because mail-mi always does it second. seems like buddying or something.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

Hold it, when did I suggest a scumteam? I also do not think that suggesting a scumteam D1 is particularly towny. I mentioned scumteams a couple times in another dinner party as scum. I think it's silly to talk about scum teams until at least one scum is dead in this game.
I actually think calling scum teams early is towny kind of silly and stupid.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2013, 05:49:01 pm »

I think mail-mi is scum! So do alot of people I feel just no votes? Not a whole lot is going on I feel.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

I actually think calling scum teams early is towny kind of silly and stupid.

I call scum teams ALLLL the time, regardless of alignment. It is how I think and when I am scum I just pretend I'm town and go on my way.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:28 pm »

Well, I'm not, so there's that.

And, Kooshie has been kinda actilurking, which is probably worse than just lurking period, but its not enough at this stage to put my vote on her.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »

mail-mi is my second choice for a lynch right now. He isn't lurking though, kooshie is. D1 lurking is particularly scummy, and LALL in general is a good idea. It gets much harder to lynch lurkers in later days, so it is better to do it early.

actilurking, if I understand the term right, is when you lurk on purpose? There is no reason for town to ever intentionally lurk. There are reasons for scum to lurk. I think it's always a huge scum tell throughout the whole game. Other cases aren't as strong D1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »

actilurking, if I understand the term right, is when you lurk on purpose? There is no reason for town to ever intentionally lurk. There are reasons for scum to lurk. I think it's always a huge scum tell throughout the whole game. Other cases aren't as strong D1.
I thought it was when you're posting (just high enough so you don't look bad on the post counts) but your posts don't give any information. That's what i thought actilurking meant. Or is it contentlurking?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2013, 05:59:16 pm »

I'd define actilurking as being active as in there to answer easy theory questions or stuff like that, but still not posting any content. Basically someone with a high post count and but low participation.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:00 pm »

that might be what it is. That's just as bad though. why would town withold reads/content, and worry about being low on post counts?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:37 pm »

that might be what it is. That's just as bad though. why would town withold reads/content, and worry about being low on post counts?
Intentionally not posting is obviously scummy (or a power role trying to not look too towny, but meh).

Again though, people have stuff to do outside these games. It is very hard to play catch up if you don't have a lot of time.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:46 pm »

of course. that's why just lurking isn't incredibly scummy. But doing it on purpose is obvscum.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:44 pm »

So many people!  I get them confused when I try to put into words what I think of them, but I'll try my best on who I can call to mind.  Maybe do a few rereads, even.

Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.  Actually, not many people have put in reads.  So, Lekkit, why point at me?
Raerae: Not much of a read, kinda towny.  Is Jimm's vote still on her?  I can't remember the reason.  At one point he voted her just because she said not to, if they were voting because of lurking.
Ashersky: Right now all I can think of is his tells.  He's pretty much stopped doing that, but it might take a little before something more solid enters my mind.
Liopoil: ahhh, him.  Don't like how he's tunneling and won't say for a second that I might possibly be town.  How can he be so sure?  Oh, yeah, if I get lynched and flip town, he's in a teensy bit of trouble.  He seems surer than he should be, though.
Jorbles: town vibes, but a bit of sheeping might have been in there.  Nothing serious, though.
Mail-mi: Sheeeeeeeeeeeepy.
Lekkit: also rather sheeping liopoil.  When he said he like liopoil's case on me and defended it, he still didn't vote for me.  He did soon after, but why not then?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »

Was just looking at the vote count and wanted to ask this:

@xeiron, do you still think we should be no lynching? No one else seems to. Even if you really really believe it's the best idea, you should be willing to admit that no one else does.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 19, 2013, 07:39:50 pm »

Yeah, I said the soft deadline should be tomorrow.  That isn't really going to work, is it?  Wednesday or Thursday, I guess.  Hopefully we can come to a lynch by then.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 19, 2013, 07:40:45 pm »

nono, soft deadline is tommorow at 8. we should try to meet it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 19, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »

I'm fine with a LALL vote: kooshie

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 19, 2013, 07:46:43 pm »

vote: kooshie

That's 7 and L-2.  Good time for increased activity, I say.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.