Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224156 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »

Actually, I'm happy to leave mail-mi alive to be NKed at this point.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2013, 10:39:43 pm »

Didn't mail-mi also claim he knew where a key or something special was?  Or was that somebody else?

Also, reading jimmmmm now then on to mcmc.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »

Didn't mail-mi also claim he knew where a key or something special was?  Or was that somebody else?

That was sudgy
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2013, 10:45:52 pm »

That was sudgy

Ahhhh, thanks.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2013, 10:48:36 pm »

vote: mail-mi

I still think jimmmm is a good lynch but man that was really really bad.

Obvious play is obvious.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2013, 11:17:32 pm »

Jimmmmmm Notes:
1. In favor of map claim then backs off it.  This was before everybody got all up in arms about it being a bad idea so I have no scumread here. (early D1)
2. Argues against a no lynch because it doesn't help find scum.  This was basically the most content he's posted all game. (#397)
3. Doesn't address his wagon.  Is this scummy?  Is it just his play?  I can't remember a jimmmmm wagon taking place before...
4. Goes back to talking about map claiming...I don't care for that but since his lynch was gaining speed at that time, it almost seems like he's asking permission?

I'm not buying it and I won't support this lynch.  I think Jimmmmm is a good enough player that if he were scum, I'd expect his play to have done a 180 after Kooshie got lynched for lurking and not posting content.  I'll judge him more when his reads come in but I'm not game for this one as it stands. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2013, 11:23:04 pm »

Obvious play is obvious.

But isn't it obvious bad town play?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:22 pm »

Obvious play is obvious.
Don't waste your lunch on me. I'm probably gonna get nkd anyway.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2013, 11:33:03 pm »

The following is a test: (If I survive the night, I'll tell you what this test is about.)

Unvote

Vote: liopoil

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2013, 11:33:23 pm »

(test still)

Unvote

Vote: sparky

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2013, 11:33:39 pm »

(test)

Unvote

Vote: Jimmmmm

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 28, 2013, 12:04:14 am »

ugh, I don't care is that was stupid on mail-mi's part. Doesn't mean hes scum in any way. Yuma voting for him after saying nothing could make him look at on-wagoners...thats scummy. Raerae, what don't you get about lynching someone who has posted about zero content.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 28, 2013, 12:06:43 am »

mail-mi, are you still voting for me intentionally?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 28, 2013, 12:07:36 am »

Mcmc Thoughts:
1. Nothing noteworthy prior to me replacing in other than his little thing with yuma.  It was interesting but I didn't draw much from either of them based on it.
2. Some potential buddying at #345.
3. He's voiced suspicion of mail-mi since D1 but hasn't put a real case together on that suspicion.
4. He's contributed theory, content, ideas, and tried to move the game along without rushing it.

I can say, with as much certainty as usual and with the normal disclaimer that I reserve the right to change my mind, that we are dealing with town mcmc.  As scum, this man is manipulative and will create and push the hell out of a case until it goes through.  He also doesn't oppose town lynches.  If he were scum, he would have been all over the Kooshie wagon.  One other thing that is going to sound conceited as hell but is true, if mcmc were scum, I would either be set up for a lynch or dead by now. 

Going to bed now, will take a look at mail-mi and maybe eevee tomorrow.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:53 am »

ugh, I don't care is that was stupid on mail-mi's part. Doesn't mean hes scum in any way. Yuma voting for him after saying nothing could make him look at on-wagoners...thats scummy. Raerae, what don't you get about lynching someone who has posted about zero content.

What about my post was unclear?  I won't push this lynch through because I don't believe it's sound.  I think we're getting over excited because we (finally!) caught lurky scum for the first time since...what?  Buffy?  and the lurking was a secondary scum trait in that game...and we're going to make a mistake if we lynch Jimmmmm.  I really don't believe scum would be stupid enough to pull that twice.

That being said, he still does need to produce those promised reads.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 28, 2013, 12:24:35 am »

Obvious play is obvious.

mail-mi's play seems bad enough that it was just terrible town play. If he's still alive tomorrow, then well I might revisit that.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 28, 2013, 12:28:59 am »

Vote Count 2.6

Jimm (6) -- Ozle, Jorbles, liopoil, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, sudgy {L-2}
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
mcmcsalot (2) -- ashersky, Eevee
mail-mi (1) yuma

Not Voting (4) -- sparky5856, Jimm, Lekkit, raerae

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 32 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2013, 12:32:58 am »

Obvious play is obvious.

mail-mi's play seems bad enough that it was just terrible town play. If he's still alive tomorrow, then well I might revisit that.

Dude, don't say that. Let scum believe that you have an undying Townread on mail-mi and that leaving him alive won't present them with a decent mislynch.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 28, 2013, 12:33:41 am »

What about my post was unclear?  I won't push this lynch through because I don't believe it's sound.  I think we're getting over excited because we (finally!) caught lurky scum for the first time since...what?  Buffy?  and the lurking was a secondary scum trait in that game...and we're going to make a mistake if we lynch Jimmmmm.  I really don't believe scum would be stupid enough to pull that twice.

That being said, he still does need to produce those promised reads.

I don't see anything redeeming in Jimmm's play though. Absence of helping town is good for scum, and if it makes him seem town in some people's minds that's a bonus for the scum team. Ugh, this lynch doesn't appear to be going through, but I still support it. I will switch back to this if it looks viable.

sparky has disappeared from this game, but he's also missing from another game and delaying its start. I think he's v/la, not sure if it was a planned v/la or something else. Has he been prodded? If he hasn't can we do that?

I am still okay with lynching Insomniac, so I'm switching back to that. I think there's a good chance his anger was faked and I think he's just playing a lurky scum tactic. I could see him doing this so he can coast in the early parts of a big game so he can wake up later and start participating when it's later in the game and no one will have to hold him accountable for anything but his lurkiness, which he'll be addressing by participating. Vote: Insomniac.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2013, 12:35:40 am »

Obvious play is obvious.

Dude, don't say that. Let scum believe that you have an undying Townread on mail-mi and that leaving him alive won't present them with a decent mislynch.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Also hey it speaks!

I also didn't realize Jimmmm was actually so close to being lynched. (I thought he was still at L-4) I'm switching back to vote: Jimmmm.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 28, 2013, 12:36:41 am »

sparky has disappeared from this game, but he's also missing from another game and delaying its start. I think he's v/la, not sure if it was a planned v/la or something else. Has he been prodded? If he hasn't can we do that?

As best I can recall, he announced this V/LA ahead of time.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2013, 01:25:49 am »

Jimmmmm has until midnight tomorrow to contribute his promised reads, a deadline he himself proposed.  I say we just leave it at that.

Separately, unvote based on raerae's read, as I said I would.  Not that mcmc is free of suspicion now, but he's not D2's lynch.

I think mail-mi is just playing badly as town right now, and not intentionally as scum.

Jorbles seems scummy from recent comments, and could see a Jorbles lynch being a good one.  I don't like the "let's see if he lives through the night" comment at all, and his vote jumping with regards to Jimmmmm seems opportunistic ("oh, he was at L-2?  Gotta keep that chance going!").

vote: jorbles

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 28, 2013, 06:45:15 am »

I'll actually be somewhat surprised if mail-mi gets NKed. Mail-mi, after your tests votes, do you mean to be voting for jimmmmm?  oh, and jorbles voting jimmmmm because he's close to lynched is scummy...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 28, 2013, 09:41:20 am »

mail-mi, are you still voting for me intentionally?
Yeah, but you are seeming more towny now that your back. Vote: Insomniac

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 28, 2013, 10:36:48 am »

Jimmmmm has until midnight tomorrow to contribute his promised reads, a deadline he himself proposed.  I say we just leave it at that.

Separately, unvote based on raerae's read, as I said I would.  Not that mcmc is free of suspicion now, but he's not D2's lynch.

I think mail-mi is just playing badly as town right now, and not intentionally as scum.

Jorbles seems scummy from recent comments, and could see a Jorbles lynch being a good one.  I don't like the "let's see if he lives through the night" comment at all, and his vote jumping with regards to Jimmmmm seems opportunistic ("oh, he was at L-2?  Gotta keep that chance going!").

vote: jorbles

I knew someone was going to jump at that. I just didn't want to derail what I think is a good wagon, and thought it was better to stick it out even if I looked a bit scummy for it.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.